Prestige Brands, Inc. markets, sells and distributes over-the-counter healthcare and household cleaning products to retail outlets in the US, Canada, and certain international markets. Prestige Brands offices are located in Tarrytown, NY and Jackson, WY.
Our company has grown by acquiring strong and well-recognized brands from larger consumer products and pharmaceutical companies. We believe that these brands were considered non-core under previous ownership and, in most cases, did not benefit from the focus of senior level management, strong brand support or innovation. Our management has provided each brand with the marketing support and senior level attention necessary to enhance the brand's market position, expand its distribution and successfully launch line extensions and new products, with the goal of maintaining and enhancing consumer satisfaction.
Summary Description: A highly organized, self-directed team player with outstanding skills and experience in project management (software and business practices) to drive a portfolio of projects from prototype through commercialization and launch. The Sr. Project Manager will work across multiple teams within a matrix organization to schedule project team meetings, organize resources, and manage cross-project commercialization activities. The individual will have experience working in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment and the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners at various levels within the organization. A technical background in chemistry or chemical engineering is preferred, as this individual will interact with and oversee scale-up activities with contract manufacturers as part of the new product commercialization process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate project management activities for new product introductions among Operations, New Product Development, Marketing, Packaging Development, and Science & Technology, to ensure the on time delivery of quality product to our retail customers.
- Oversee operational tasks related to ensuring product availability, which is defined as the planned amount of QA released finished goods or samples in distribution centers ready for customer shipments.
- Ensure that all work is done in a manner that is compliant with cGMPs, SOPs, government regulations, and company policies and practices.
- Communicating project status and management of priorities across multiple manufacturing and packaging locations and regions.
- Creating and presenting multiple roadmap scenarios for exec-level business owners and driving decision making to maintain project schedules and cost.
- Creating and managing task lists and schedules using MS Project.
- Management of multiple concurrent projects and schedules using shared internal and external resources.
- Managing resource allocation and identifying constraints in conjunction with our support teams, including Science & Technology and Operations.
- Leading and directing the project team to remain on schedule and on budget.
- Coordinating, and communicating, inter-project dependencies and risks.
- Management of change requests and the impact on project schedules.
- Leading project teams using both traditional and agile project management methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific or Engineering discipline. PMP certification a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas: Project Management, Manufacturing or Supply Chains (including Technical Services, Production, Production Planning, Engineering or related fields), preferably in the Pharmaceutical or Consumer Packaged Goods Industry.
- Prefer background in chemistry or chemical engineering, as this individual will interact with and oversee scale-up activities with contract manufacturers as part of the new product commercialization process.
- Experience in direct and/or matrix people management role with demonstrated ability to influence successful outcomes without direct line reporting authority.
- Capable of quickly gathering high-level understanding of complex technical and scientific issues.
- Broad understanding of how to drive a cross functional team in the OTC pharmaceutical industry required.
- Demonstrate a global mindset and cultural awareness.
- Excellent organizational, diplomatic, and problem-solving skills and ability to cope well under pressure in an extremely fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee a complex project which incorporates the use of tools such as Gantt charts, critical path analysis, risk mitigation strategies and project management software. Understands how these tools are used.
- Strong Quality Systems background in cGMP environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required.
- High proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office/Project.
- Travel up to 25% mainly in North America.
To apply for this position, please send resume to job ad.
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.