Prestige Care, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

clean enjoyable work place
Shop Manager/Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 25, 2016
nice environment, with great management and co-workers.the hardest part of this job was being able to move at a fast pac when its busy
Pros
guaranteed the days off you request
Cons
having to move at a fast pace for a long period of time
Practice what you preach
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 23, 2016
I worked there for over a year. In that year it was obvious that "Touching Lives Everyday"was a great slogan. Unfortunately, the corporation has lost sight of it, although the staff hadn't at least with the residents even though they were underpaid ands over worked. They had a 877-PCI-TEAM number that was for complaints for residents and staff, that basically went to their HR department, that didn't bother to follow up or follow through. Although many corporate people knew of a bad situation and reported it as well as staff, they took the corporate road and allowed an incompetent person to continue to run a community. Many good people left there. People don't quit their jobs, they quit their management and the people above them that don't follow through or even investigate allegations. TheRe was a senior VP that said we had a toxic relationship, but did nothing about it. That sure is "Touching Lives."
Pros
The residents
Cons
Lack of leadership
satisfying
General aide (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAApril 14, 2016
volunteered and made sure patients were happy and full and that the staff had clean lunch tables when the meal period was through. Heard stories form patients about various experiences that they had, enjoyed the benefit of also getting to eat a free meal.
Strong core values, positive environment!
Community Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 4, 2016
Prestige is a company full of highly dedicated and genuine individuals. All in all, the reason I love my job is due only to the people. My team is committed to being the absolute best we can be, and corporate is very supportive.

At Prestige we truly treat our residents as if they are our own family members. The core values are truly at the heart of all that we do, and it is so refreshing to work somewhere that practices what is preached.

The only con truly boils down to monetary benefits. There is high turnover, and the work-life balance is challenging. I love what I do, so I intend to be around for quite some time, regardless of pay. Though for many, competitive pay makes it worth sticking around, and working even harder to ensure job security.
Pros
Positive environment, inexpensive lunch options, great training, strong purpose.
Cons
Poor work-life balance, mediocre wages, high turnover.
Residents wonderful, management needs improvement.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 21, 2015
There were inconsistent rules that changed often. Resident safety and employee training were not terribly important to management. Management creates an environment where residents are valued somewhat but employees are not valued at all which leads to a high turnover.
Pros
Residents, other employees
Cons
Safety, management does not value employees or safety.
Great residents but too much job responsibility
personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  gresham, orAugust 13, 2015
Great place but little pay for job responsibilities. Not only are you a caregiver but you are a server, laundry attendant, dishwasher, and busser!! Too much work for little pay! Management are nice but hardly care a about the amount of work they press on their employees. They don't have to work it not their problem...
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Productive and fun to work at
HMO Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 2, 2015
Prestige Care was a great company to work with except only if they would work with you when you have a disability. (example == like either lower my rate of pay or lower hours of day).
Best Care Facilities that I know of.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 29, 2015
Prestige helped me obtain my CNA certification by paying for my certification training, for that I am forever grateful, it helped launch a 18+ year career in the medical field. I left Mt View when it was sold to another Organization as I did not feel that they shared the same vision for either their residents or their employees.
Pros
Tuition reimbursment, cna classes (not sure if this is still true)
Cons
Sold their facility to another care company.
Most unprofessional company
Bm (Former Employee) –  NorthApril 10, 2015
This company prides itself on providing an excellent service to all it's clients and provides the very best home care........ They need to start with the basics such as treating their employees with respect dignity. Prestige nursing crumble under pressure, not on branch level but higher management. If you want any professional answers DO NOT go to HR. It's unlikely you will be privileged enough to get a call back.
The branches are trying their best to battle on but the bottom line is that they will never succeed.
The company will happily allow you and your work colleagues to work in unsafe areas with a history of crime, however will not protect you.
Pros
Compliance manager
Cons
HR, office security, training manager
Workplace
LPN (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2015
You feel appreciated, down fall nurses have to do admissions and 1 admission can take up to 4-6hrs and there is no limit to admissions
Pros
appreciated
Cons
on-call admissions
Fun for the most part
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMarch 27, 2015
I had to prepare snacks and drinks everyday for the residents. I learned different textures and personalities of people. The management here could have been way better and I felt as if they were scared to tell the truth, but the coworkers were great to be around for the most part. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the residents and seeing them smile and getting compliments about the food.
Pros
Free meal per shift
Cons
Not enough time given to prepare.
Fighting amongst the leaders
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  WashingtonMarch 22, 2015
Poor feeling regarding the leadership of the company - rumors of in-fighting among staff and leadership at the corporate level are very frequent.
Horrible Management
med-aide (Former Employee) –  tillamook, oregonMarch 13, 2015
The only good part about this job is the residents!

The management and the care of residents is absolutely horrible! Residents are left in their own feces for hours without even being checked on. When you bring it to management nothing is done about it. There is a med aid there who falls asleep while giving meds and pops the wrong meds with no consequences because she is the boss's best friend. When all the problems are brought to the directors attention it is ignored. The place is a joke and I feel bad for any residents who live there
Pros
residents
Cons
poor management, lack of care for residents
Management who doesn't understand Employees
Kitchen /PCA/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 3, 2015
Dining director is always angry. The ED is not very sharp. The maintenance guy is lazy. The expression director needs to quit. The event director is lazy. You can't do your job as an employee if you see how management is. It's all a fake family upstairs in management. The ED puts pressure on you as an employee by just telling you to be quiet I'll handle it but nothing happens and it gets pushed into the back where it is like "I didn't know anything about it." It is hard to work here unless you don't do your job and show up drunk or smoke weed.
Pros
residents and some staff
Cons
no competitive wages. management doesn't care about residents.
fun place to work
Kitchen Aide (Current Employee) –  Enumclaw, WAFebruary 17, 2015
I love showing up to work everyday. The staff are some of the most loving people i know. the residents are great to work with and always know how to put a smile on somebodies face. there are lots of laughs shared thoughout the building.
Home care
RN-Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2014
• Conducts patient assessment and re-assessment
• Based on assessment refers patient to CHHA program
• Act as patient’s advocate
• Develops Home Health Aide/Personal Care Aide Plan of Care based on assessment
• Evaluates the patient, family and HHAs/PCAs ability to carry out Plan of Care through discussion, demonstration, and return demonstration
• Review and approve documentation from the per-diem nurses
• Supervised clinical visits and the annual evaluation of HHAs
• Participate in case conferences to resolve service issues/problems and/or improve service delivery
• Act as a liaison between agency and the contracting agencies’ nurses, case coordinators and patient/family
• Re-orient and supervise Per-diem Nurses
• Investigate and complete incident and complaint reports in accordance with established procedures and to notify and submit incident/complaint report to contracting agency,
• Review and approves medical reports.
Fun place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 16, 2014
Maintain the facility. Log on to Tels and take of the duties listed. Repair anything that needs it.
I learned how to use Tels and work with Grainger and furthered my growth and knowledge with new and different systems, such as plumbing, appliances, boiler and generator.
I also managed the Housekeeping crew and ordered their supplies.
The hardest part was always being on call and not always getting out at a descent time.
I really enjoy working with my hands and seeing things that didn't work work again.
Pros
good people, fun place
Cons
working late at times, being pulled in different directions to get things done
Skilled Nursing and Rehab Facility in Yamhill County
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  McMinnville, OROctober 13, 2014
I enjoy helping the residents we care for to understand their benefits and medical coverage. The interactions with the elderly is priceless. I find medical billing rewarding. It is challenging to perform all of the demands of the job with limited hours and budgeting.
Pros
i work close to home and don't have to travel far.
Cons
i enjoy the billing process.
Horrible Management
PCA (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 11, 2014
Prestige has what they call " Core Values" what a crock!! Management doesn't even follow OR practice what they preach.
I only thing they care about is $$$$, keeping Prestige full of residents and keeping schedule full of employees that either come late, no show, could careless about doing their jobs, hide out from working.....NOT THE KIND of person or facility I' want my family member at.
Management is a total joke . They could careless about their employees and pretty much residents. You can be a hard worker and very reliable worker and they could careless. You try and bring important information or concerns up to your employer and they don't have time to listen...Corporate doesn't even return your calls.
Leave on good terms and they say you didn't .
Place as a whole is a big joke.. No one is happy their even residents.
Management doesn't even get along. HIPPA what a joke, you can hear management discussing residents outside their offices and in hallways. They are loud and unprofessional. If they don't care for a resident it is shown by way they approach them or by the visual they give them.
Such a disgrace to the senior care.. Even sadder to think Corporate doesn't seem to care either, they won't return your calls or even residents...
Pros
employ anyone
Cons
management is terrible good employees leave
upper management dont care about bottom employees
med tech (Former Employee) –  bend oregonOctober 3, 2014
Bend Oregon this facility failed state licensing twice before I got there. When I came on board they fired the ED brought in a consulting team. They started retraining and turning everything upside down. Making employees work 12 to 18 hour shifts. And then making the RSD resign down to a caregiver position. And then making employees work when sick and then telling you that you resigned when you didnt. Not good management. I busted my butt for that company for my residents and then I have trouble at home and cant show for one shift and I'm told that I gave my resignation. That's not how companies should work. Dont work for this company. They treat you like gold then they drop you to the wolves. Watch your back dont get to comfortable.
Cons
very strict

2.7