Prestige Care, Inc.

Prestige Care, Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good people, fun place
Cons: working late at times, being pulled in different directions to get things done
Maintain the facility. Log on to Tels and take of the duties listed. Repair anything that needs it.
I learned how to use Tels and work with Grainger and furthered my growth and knowledge with new and different systems, such as plumbing, appliances, boiler and generator.
I also managed the Housekeeping crew and ordered their supplies.
The hardest part – more... was always being on call and not always getting out at a descent time.
I really enjoy working with my hands and seeing things that didn't work work again. – less
Skilled Nursing and Rehab Facility in Yamhill County
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), McMinnville, OROctober 13, 2014
Pros: i work close to home and don't have to travel far.
Cons: i enjoy the billing process.
I enjoy helping the residents we care for to understand their benefits and medical coverage. The interactions with the elderly is priceless. I find medical billing rewarding. It is challenging to perform all of the demands of the job with limited hours and budgeting.
Horrible Management
PCA (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 11, 2014
Pros: employ anyone
Cons: management is terrible good employees leave
Prestige has what they call " Core Values" what a crock!! Management doesn't even follow OR practice what they preach.
I only thing they care about is $$$$, keeping Prestige full of residents and keeping schedule full of employees that either come late, no show, could careless about doing their jobs, hide out from working.....NOT THE KIND of person – more... or facility I' want my family member at.
Management is a total joke . They could careless about their employees and pretty much residents. You can be a hard worker and very reliable worker and they could careless. You try and bring important information or concerns up to your employer and they don't have time to listen...Corporate doesn't even return your calls.
Leave on good terms and they say you didn't .
Place as a whole is a big joke.. No one is happy their even residents.
Management doesn't even get along. HIPPA what a joke, you can hear management discussing residents outside their offices and in hallways. They are loud and unprofessional. If they don't care for a resident it is shown by way they approach them or by the visual they give them.
Such a disgrace to the senior care.. Even sadder to think Corporate doesn't seem to care either, they won't return your calls or even residents... – less
Horrible Management
PCA (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 11, 2014
Pros: employ anyone
Cons: management is terrible good employees leave
Leave on good terms and they say you didn't .
Place as a whole is a big joke.. No one is happy their even residents.
upper management dont care about bottom employees
med tech (Former Employee), bend oregonOctober 3, 2014
Cons: very strict
Bend Oregon this facility failed state licensing twice before I got there. When I came on board they fired the ED brought in a consulting team. They started retraining and turning everything upside down. Making employees work 12 to 18 hour shifts. And then making the RSD resign down to a caregiver position. And then making employees work when sick and – more... then telling you that you resigned when you didnt. Not good management. I busted my butt for that company for my residents and then I have trouble at home and cant show for one shift and I'm told that I gave my resignation. That's not how companies should work. Dont work for this company. They treat you like gold then they drop you to the wolves. Watch your back dont get to comfortable. – less
terrible dining director and work wife. no TEAM.
Kitchen /PCA/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chico, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: resident's and some staff coworkers and directors
Cons: not enough caregivers. no competitive wages. benefits not worth it. over work employees.
You just need to fire the Dishwasher work wife and The Dining director who has no common knowledge about American food. He smokes his Electric hooka with his work wife the Dishwasher in the prep area and they don't wash their hands after smoking and from coming outside after smoking. Dining Director has a Bad temper and cussing throughout kitchen which – more... makes it uncomfortable and strain. Management is all about trying to make him happy so he doesn't come after them since he cooks their food. Dishwasher work wife is out of control. She walks off the job and gets her job back after threatening a new fellow employee to stab him and threatening him that she will make sure he loses his job. Executive Director attitude is Don't Rock The Boat. No competitive wages and over work employees. They make sure your a part time employee so you don't get benefits but they make you work full time hours so there are no strings attached. This is all true. I Always felt bad for the resident's because some staff treat them bad. All they want is to have younger kids and adults to understand and listen to their life story. – less
five star facility
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), VancouverSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: afraid to give information for fear of reprecussions
Cons: afraid of administrators
afraid to comment.
five star facility.
good co workers.
meals for 3.00.
no relief workers for breaks,lunches, days off.
stressful.
corporation pays for advance education for LPN to RN
No comment
Primary CNA Instructor (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 13, 2014
I traveled alot, interesting people, typical day is always being in your toes and you need to be very flexible with your time.
Not what I expected
PCA (Former Employee), Manteca, CaliforniaAugust 4, 2014
Cons: 30 minute lunch, no overtime, understaffed
I wish I would've read some of these reviews before accepting this job offer. The pay is not worth all the work you do as a PCA, 9.50/hr!!!! I've worked plenty of noc shifts alone with more than 80 residents to myself! Yes, most are sleeping, but what do you do if there's an emergency(more than 1 fall, fire, etc.)!!!!??? How is it even possible to save – more... all these residents with just one caregiver? It's not! On the Expressions side the employees LIE to the residents with Dementia and tell them that their wife, daughter, family is there to visit them when in reality they are tricking them into taking their meds, shower, eating, going on a bus trip. I felt like that it was SO WRONG for these caregivers to be taking advantage that these residents who don't choose to have this disease. Another thing is that they are SO STINGY on overtime! In the last placed I worked appreciated you staying that extra .5 hour to help your coworkers. I was in the middle of helping another caregiver take a resident to the bathroom and my supervisor came in and told me I had to go home. Like really? Do you not see that I am trying to help her out so she and the resident don't end up hurt? This is another example of staffing issues in this place! They are so understaffed! I honestly hope that these hiring managers do a better job of really going over the exact details of what this job entails as a PCA to future employees because from what the job description was written and described to me, it does not even come close to the actual job you'll be doing. – less
There's always something
PCA (Current Employee), Pendleton, ORJune 19, 2014
As a PCA, I get to deal with alot of residents. It is quite enjoyable for the most part. It's an extremely rewarding job. I have learned that you cannot please everybody, even though you would like to. My co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of my job would be seeing a resident go downhill. It is hard to say goodbye to anybody I get to know. – more... I just feel very blessed to even get a chance to meet some of these people. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the residents. There is always something, whether its something they do or say. There is never a dull moment at work. – less
Nice Company to work for
Executive Director (Current Employee), Florence, ORApril 13, 2014
Good Company; good location. good upper managment. Learned alot. Current building needs to be address by senior management. Have better confidence in the Executive Director and supervisors.
Dont judge a book by its cover... Explore deeper than the top layer.... DO YOUR HOMEWORK FOLKS...Be a posutuve advocate to your loved one....
Staff personnel (Former Employee), Mt.March 3, 2014
Pros: very caring staff, clean environment
Cons: continuously given empty promises about staff benefits..we had no sick leave, vacation days, ....etc...food was repetitive..cook treated the residents like a bootcamp!!!!!p
Owners are very shady.....claim to be Christian's..... they talk the talk But their actions are the farthest thing from being sincere and honest.....
Travel Job
Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 31, 2013
Worked in many of their Oregon SNFs. Facilities had same policies and procedures. Staff always made me feel welcomed.
Specifically Linda Vista, Ashland OR- Worst environment EVER
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Ashland, ORSeptember 24, 2013
Cons: hostile work environment, no parking, trolls working in the basement
Company culture is horrible at this facility. Employees are unwilling to help each other out to achieve any common goal. Never worked with a worse group in my career. The environment is perpetuated by a group of uneducated long term bullying employees doing menial tasks with no coping skills. These individuals literally yell, scream and cry all the – more... time. Totally unprofessional. High probability your car will be hit in the parking lot by another employee and not reported, no cameras to catch them. This happened on a regular basis. There's other companies to work for. On a corporate level they do not support their employees regarding the environment, or offer any solutions. – less
Company ran by a bunch of dysfunctional family members.
Regional (Current Employee), WASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: enjoy co-workers.
Cons: untrustworthy dealings.
Inadequate commitment to quality care. Unethical decisions by the executives. Huge compensation and bonuses paid to the executives and family members....don't think there is an executive making less than half million annually. What a farce!
Company has continued a downward spiral over the last 5 years, they have no problem cutting staff to below standards to recieve bonuses.
Worker Bee (Former Employee), Albany OregonAugust 9, 2013
Pros: the residents
Cons: unless you are a lesbian or friends with management, you will be passed over of job advancement.
5 + Years ago Timberview care center located in albany oregon was a wonderful facility, it is truely sad the direction it has taken under new management.
Poor support from central support management team, money driven and little regard for needs of care staff.
Health Services Director (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJuly 21, 2013
Cons: department heads take too many smoke breaks and often out of the building or off the floor.
No follow-through from management, failure to meet the needs of care staff and reduced hours despite high acuity of residents. Department heads expected to perform too many duties, management frequently not available and often out of the building for personal reasons.
Intensive enviorment
facilites (Former Employee), oroville,caJuly 12, 2013
Pros: helping our seniors
Cons: low pay, poor support
Poor corporate support. All based on money, not residents needs.
Fun team enviroment! Great people to work with!
Social Services/Activities Coordinator (Current Employee), NewbergJune 19, 2012
Pros: smiles
Cons: can be emotionally draining
A place where care is exceptional and values are practiced with a smile!

About Prestige Care, Inc.

Prestige Care operates Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care communities in eight US states. Although – Read more

Prestige Care, Inc. Photos