Prestige Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

Best Care Facilities that I know of.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Oregon City, ORApril 29, 2015
Pros: Tuition reimbursment, cna classes (not sure if this is still true)
Cons: Sold their facility to another care company.
Prestige helped me obtain my CNA certification by paying for my certification training, for that I am forever grateful, it helped launch a 18+ year career in the medical field. I left Mt View when it was sold to another Organization as I did not feel that they shared the same vision for either their residents or their employees.
Most unprofessional company
Bm (Former Employee), NorthApril 10, 2015
Pros: Compliance manager
Cons: HR, office security, training manager
This company prides itself on providing an excellent service to all it's clients and provides the very best home care........ They need to start with the basics such as treating their employees with respect dignity. Prestige nursing crumble under pressure, not on branch level but higher management. If you want any professional answers DO NOT go to HR. It's unlikely you will be privileged enough to get a call back.
The branches are trying their best to battle on but the bottom line is that they will never succeed.
The company will happily allow you and your work colleagues to work in unsafe areas with a history of crime, however will not protect you.
Workplace
LPN (Current Employee), Portland, ORApril 2, 2015
Pros: appreciated
Cons: on-call admissions
You feel appreciated, down fall nurses have to do admissions and 1 admission can take up to 4-6hrs and there is no limit to admissions
Fun for the most part
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Forest Grove, ORMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free meal per shift
Cons: Not enough time given to prepare.
I had to prepare snacks and drinks everyday for the residents. I learned different textures and personalities of people. The management here could have been way better and I felt as if they were scared to tell the truth, but the coworkers were great to be around for the most part. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the residents and seeing them smile and getting compliments about the food.
Fighting amongst the leaders
Executive Director (Former Employee), WashingtonMarch 22, 2015
Poor feeling regarding the leadership of the company - rumors of in-fighting among staff and leadership at the corporate level are very frequent.
med-aide (Former Employee), tillamook, oregonMarch 13, 2015
Pros: residents
Cons: poor management, lack of care for residents
The only good part about this job is the residents!

The management and the care of residents is absolutely horrible! Residents are left in their own feces for hours without even being checked on. When you bring it to management nothing is done about it. There is a med aid there who falls asleep while giving meds and pops the wrong meds with no consequences because she is the boss's best friend. When all the problems are brought to the directors attention it is ignored. The place is a joke and I feel bad for any residents who live there
Management who doesn't understand Employees
Kitchen /PCA/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chico, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: residents and some staff
Cons: no competitive wages. management doesn't care about residents.
Dining director is always angry. The ED is not very sharp. The maintenance guy is lazy. The expression director needs to quit. The event director is lazy. You can't do your job as an employee if you see how management is. It's all a fake family upstairs in management. The ED puts pressure on you as an employee by just telling you to be quiet I'll handle it but nothing happens and it gets pushed into the back where it is like "I didn't know anything about it." It is hard to work here unless you don't do your job and show up drunk or smoke weed.
fun place to work
Kitchen Aide (Current Employee), Enumclaw, WAFebruary 17, 2015
I love showing up to work everyday. The staff are some of the most loving people i know. the residents are great to work with and always know how to put a smile on somebodies face. there are lots of laughs shared thoughout the building.
Home care
RN-Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 31, 2014
• Conducts patient assessment and re-assessment
• Based on assessment refers patient to CHHA program
• Act as patient’s advocate
• Develops Home Health Aide/Personal Care Aide Plan of Care based on assessment
• Evaluates the patient, family and HHAs/PCAs ability to carry out Plan of Care through discussion, demonstration, and return demonstration
• Review and approve documentation from the per-diem nurses
• Supervised clinical visits and the annual evaluation of HHAs
• Participate in case conferences to resolve service issues/problems and/or improve service delivery
• Act as a liaison between agency and the contracting agencies’ nurses, case coordinators and patient/family
• Re-orient and supervise Per-diem Nurses
• Investigate and complete incident and complaint reports in accordance with established procedures and to notify and submit incident/complaint report to contracting agency,
• Review and approves medical reports.
Fun place to work
Maintenance (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good people, fun place
Cons: working late at times, being pulled in different directions to get things done
Maintain the facility. Log on to Tels and take of the duties listed. Repair anything that needs it.
I learned how to use Tels and work with Grainger and furthered my growth and knowledge with new and different systems, such as plumbing, appliances, boiler and generator.
I also managed the Housekeeping crew and ordered their supplies.
The hardest part was always being on call and not always getting out at a descent time.
I really enjoy working with my hands and seeing things that didn't work work again.
Skilled Nursing and Rehab Facility in Yamhill County
Business Office Manager (Current Employee), McMinnville, OROctober 13, 2014
Pros: i work close to home and don't have to travel far.
Cons: i enjoy the billing process.
I enjoy helping the residents we care for to understand their benefits and medical coverage. The interactions with the elderly is priceless. I find medical billing rewarding. It is challenging to perform all of the demands of the job with limited hours and budgeting.
PCA (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 11, 2014
Pros: employ anyone
Cons: management is terrible good employees leave
Prestige has what they call " Core Values" what a crock!! Management doesn't even follow OR practice what they preach.
I only thing they care about is $$$$, keeping Prestige full of residents and keeping schedule full of employees that either come late, no show, could careless about doing their jobs, hide out from working.....NOT THE KIND of person or facility I' want my family member at.
Management is a total joke . They could careless about their employees and pretty much residents. You can be a hard worker and very reliable worker and they could careless. You try and bring important information or concerns up to your employer and they don't have time to listen...Corporate doesn't even return your calls.
Leave on good terms and they say you didn't .
Place as a whole is a big joke.. No one is happy their even residents.
Management doesn't even get along. HIPPA what a joke, you can hear management discussing residents outside their offices and in hallways. They are loud and unprofessional. If they don't care for a resident it is shown by way they approach them or by the visual they give them.
Such a disgrace to the senior care.. Even sadder to think Corporate doesn't seem to care either, they won't return your calls or even residents...
PCA (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 11, 2014
Pros: employ anyone
Cons: management is terrible good employees leave
Leave on good terms and they say you didn't .
Place as a whole is a big joke.. No one is happy their even residents.
upper management dont care about bottom employees
med tech (Former Employee), bend oregonOctober 3, 2014
Cons: very strict
Bend Oregon this facility failed state licensing twice before I got there. When I came on board they fired the ED brought in a consulting team. They started retraining and turning everything upside down. Making employees work 12 to 18 hour shifts. And then making the RSD resign down to a caregiver position. And then making employees work when sick and then telling you that you resigned when you didnt. Not good management. I busted my butt for that company for my residents and then I have trouble at home and cant show for one shift and I'm told that I gave my resignation. That's not how companies should work. Dont work for this company. They treat you like gold then they drop you to the wolves. Watch your back dont get to comfortable.
terrible dining director and work wife. no TEAM.
Kitchen /PCA/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chico, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: resident's and some staff coworkers and directors
Cons: not enough caregivers. no competitive wages. benefits not worth it. over work employees.
You just need to fire the Dishwasher work wife and The Dining director who has no common knowledge about American food. He smokes his Electric hooka with his work wife the Dishwasher in the prep area and they don't wash their hands after smoking and from coming outside after smoking. Dining Director has a Bad temper and cussing throughout kitchen which makes it uncomfortable and strain. Management is all about trying to make him happy so he doesn't come after them since he cooks their food. Dishwasher work wife is out of control. She walks off the job and gets her job back after threatening a new fellow employee to stab him and threatening him that she will make sure he loses his job. Executive Director attitude is Don't Rock The Boat. No competitive wages and over work employees. They make sure your a part time employee so you don't get benefits but they make you work full time hours so there are no strings attached. This is all true. I Always felt bad for the resident's because some staff treat them bad. All they want is to have younger kids and adults to understand and listen to their life story.
five star facility
Charge Nurse (Current Employee), VancouverSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: afraid to give information for fear of reprecussions
Cons: afraid of administrators
afraid to comment.
five star facility.
good co workers.
meals for 3.00.
no relief workers for breaks,lunches, days off.
stressful.
corporation pays for advance education for LPN to RN
No comment
Primary CNA Instructor (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 13, 2014
I traveled alot, interesting people, typical day is always being in your toes and you need to be very flexible with your time.
Not what I expected
PCA (Former Employee), Manteca, CaliforniaAugust 4, 2014
Cons: 30 minute lunch, no overtime, understaffed
I wish I would've read some of these reviews before accepting this job offer. The pay is not worth all the work you do as a PCA, 9.50/hr!!!! I've worked plenty of noc shifts alone with more than 80 residents to myself! Yes, most are sleeping, but what do you do if there's an emergency(more than 1 fall, fire, etc.)!!!!??? How is it even possible to save all these residents with just one caregiver? It's not! On the Expressions side the employees LIE to the residents with Dementia and tell them that their wife, daughter, family is there to visit them when in reality they are tricking them into taking their meds, shower, eating, going on a bus trip. I felt like that it was SO WRONG for these caregivers to be taking advantage that these residents who don't choose to have this disease. Another thing is that they are SO STINGY on overtime! In the last placed I worked appreciated you staying that extra .5 hour to help your coworkers. I was in the middle of helping another caregiver take a resident to the bathroom and my supervisor came in and told me I had to go home. Like really? Do you not see that I am trying to help her out so she and the resident don't end up hurt? This is another example of staffing issues in this place! They are so understaffed! I honestly hope that these hiring managers do a better job of really going over the exact details of what this job entails as a PCA to future employees because from what the job description was written and described to me, it does not even come close to the actual job you'll be doing.
There's always something
PCA (Current Employee), Pendleton, ORJune 19, 2014
As a PCA, I get to deal with alot of residents. It is quite enjoyable for the most part. It's an extremely rewarding job. I have learned that you cannot please everybody, even though you would like to. My co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of my job would be seeing a resident go downhill. It is hard to say goodbye to anybody I get to know. I just feel very blessed to even get a chance to meet some of these people. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the residents. There is always something, whether its something they do or say. There is never a dull moment at work.
Nice Company to work for
Executive Director (Current Employee), Florence, ORApril 13, 2014
Good Company; good location. good upper managment. Learned alot. Current building needs to be address by senior management. Have better confidence in the Executive Director and supervisors.

About Prestige Care, Inc.

Prestige Care operates Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care communities in eight US states. Although – Read more

Prestige Care, Inc. Salaries