Prestige Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

Overall Good company with good intentions
Community Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 21, 2017
No one is perfect, But the message from the top of the chain has a wonderful heart and integrity. They are quick to weed out the ones with Ego's. They have wonderful core values it is just about finding a manager who believes in the values as well. Communities run only as good as their executive director and sometimes there is a bad apple in place.
Pros
Fair Salary, Commission Structure, Good Regional team who doesnt manage with fear, Good systems and suopport. More than Average from my senior living experience.
Cons
Buildings look worn down a little.
not for those of faint heart
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 16, 2017
I dare you to work there and not get attached to your residents. It is not possible, so you will have good days and very bad days. Be prepared. It is wonderful to work with people but... Be aware you will get attached.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
you get attached and your patients die
Supportive, comfortable and invirorating community of residents and staff
Licensed Nurse - Staff Development (Current Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 13, 2017
Prestige has a great support system, easy going staff and yet challenging factors. Just my kind of employment. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the residents comfortable and content. The hardest part of the job is to say goodbye when they leave.
Pros
Great pay, awesome location, up to date technology, fun co-workers
Cons
8 hour shifts vs 10 or 12 hour shifts
didnt like it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORAugust 23, 2017
horrible.. they let me go after my health took a turn on me. Wouldn't let me do light duty just decided to terminate me. Very unhappy. wouldn't want to work for them again
so far so good
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 22, 2017
fairly new employee but from the interview I could tell staff really enjoyed their jobs, the company they worked for and really enjoyed working with each other. great pay options, insurance coverage could be better but understandable.
Do not work for this company
Nursing (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 9, 2017
Continually trash their employees
Constantly working short, then expected to stay and help cover the next shift
Calling you constantly on your days off to ask you to come in - they think they own you - the bonus is not worth it
Pros
Disorganized management, don't value employees
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 9, 2017
I worked here for less than a month before I couldn't take it anymore. There was basically no training, no set procedures that were followed, just employees running around doing with no instruction or supervision. The scheduling manager would schedule shifts with no advance notice, and the schedule was only available at the facility. So if you had Saturday off, you might have a Sunday shift assigned to you that day and you'd have no idea. They could never get my availability right (I'm a student) and consistently scheduled me when I had class no matter how many times I submitted my availability. Even the residents knew that the management was terrible.
Pros
Residents were nice usually
Cons
No breaks, incompetent management, chaotic environment, employees are undervalued, high turnover
Interesting place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORMarch 21, 2017
A typical day was interesting, keeps you on your toes. I learned to be quick on the feet. management was decent, the culture is assisted living for dementia patients and retired individuals. the hardest part of the job was lifting 130 plus pound people. most enjoyable was the patient humor.
Pros
the clients
Cons
the passing of clients
Great company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORFebruary 6, 2017
I've been with Prestige for 11 years. The company holds to the values they represent and they've always been more than fair with me. I feel blessed to work for them
Revenue hungry company that places profits over employees
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 8, 2017
Worked on business operations and regularly saw examples of the company placing the bottom line/executive salaries over employee welfare. Benefits are a joke, little support for field employees, and hollow promises of advancement that are rarely followed through on.

The owners got lucky that they are in a field has grown exponentially - the business grew fast but not as a result of intelligent ownership.
Pros
Free catered meals regularly
Cons
Healthcare, organizational structure, compensation, training/career advancement

Want to know more about Prestige Care, Inc.?

Ask a question
Good Place to Work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 2, 2017
Cooking is my passion and I loved preparing food for the residents. The most difficult part of my job was that I didn't have days off that corresponded with my family to enjoy time together.
Pros
Loved my work
Cons
Fast pace, interaction with families/Residents.
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 29, 2016
Answer phones, update payroll, update census of residents in/out of community. Learned that no matter where you work, you always need to cover your self. Enjoyed interacting with the residents and the families.
Pros
Free lunch, residents, families, my dedication for 16 yrs.
Cons
New management
Doing what you love
cook (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORNovember 7, 2016
Doing what you love isn't really a job, it is a joyful experience. A passion for cooking and working with the elderly is more of a calling than a job. But, this job has benefits - of fulfillment, of sharing life experiences with some of the funniest and most endearing people one can encounter.
The hardest part is when one of the residents pass on. Being compassionate and showing care is so important to those who remain, but not letting their pain and sorrow (or your own) interrupt the tasks required.
Comfortably back breaking
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Idaho FallsOctober 23, 2016
In the beginning your like I'm making a difference in peoples lives, I'm helping them retire. Then it was like I'm not making a difference in their lives, I'm helping them further their degrading lifestyles until they meet oblivion.

It could be interpreted either way. But I realized its not about making a difference, its about feeling valuable and genuinely appreciated.
Helping at this assisted living center, I only became another hoyer, transport system, retrieval, nanny or food delivery system.

For those who are going to work at Prestige Inc, its ok starting out there if you have no experience. Its important to give yourself small goals and further your skills. At every meeting they have there is opportunity to do to make those goals. When you feel like doing something bigger or smaller that 40 residents, you can move on. Pay no attention to the gossip of the staff if you can, it can be degrading and most of the staff don't want to be there anyways. Try to see past that and just stay positive.
Pros
Taking residents to town and activities is fun and exciting
Cons
Training was tailing the more exp, could taste the bad attitudes they had about it
Working for Prestige Care, Inc.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 7, 2016
Working for Prestige Care was very interesting from the start. They do not put much into training their employees which caused for alot of chaos and confusion. The employees are constantly fly changing and the management was weak.
Cons
Short, to no breaks. Poor training.
i work there as a nursing asssistant and there i carried out nursing care
Nurse in Charge (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay, MDOctober 4, 2016
well i had no problem working there,cause i love my job and i love what i do and i walk the patients read story to them let they feel welcome and comfortable.and i also carried out vital sign
Great place to work. Co-workers are great!
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 20, 2016
I work at the Central Support office. My co-workers are hardworking, very helpful and welcomed me with open arms.

I enjoy helping people who help people each day.

Management is very approachable and have an open door policy.
Pros
People enjoy working at the central support office.
Cons
Our medical insurance could be better but it is reasonably priced.
Terrible structure. Stubborn Directors. No freedom.
Patient Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 8, 2016
I've worked here little over 5 months and I'm already one foot out the door.
Staff below me are poorly trained, don't listen to my advice and orders. Bosses believe anything a patient says and they don't give real chances for growth. Employers like Qliance should be giving these guys pointers. They know an employees real value.
I may not be overqualified but they could listen to my suggestions WAY better.
Pros
Benefits.
clean enjoyable work place
Shop Manager/Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 25, 2016
nice environment, with great management and co-workers.the hardest part of this job was being able to move at a fast pac when its busy
Pros
guaranteed the days off you request
Cons
having to move at a fast pace for a long period of time
Practice what you preach
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 23, 2016
I worked there for over a year. In that year it was obvious that "Touching Lives Everyday"was a great slogan. Unfortunately, the corporation has lost sight of it, although the staff hadn't at least with the residents even though they were underpaid ands over worked. They had a 877-PCI-TEAM number that was for complaints for residents and staff, that basically went to their HR department, that didn't bother to follow up or follow through. Although many corporate people knew of a bad situation and reported it as well as staff, they took the corporate road and allowed an incompetent person to continue to run a community. Many good people left there. People don't quit their jobs, they quit their management and the people above them that don't follow through or even investigate allegations. TheRe was a senior VP that said we had a toxic relationship, but did nothing about it. That sure is "Touching Lives."
Pros
The residents
Cons
Lack of leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prestige Care, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9