Prestige Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

Doing what you love
cook (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORNovember 7, 2016
Doing what you love isn't really a job, it is a joyful experience. A passion for cooking and working with the elderly is more of a calling than a job. But, this job has benefits - of fulfillment, of sharing life experiences with some of the funniest and most endearing people one can encounter.
The hardest part is when one of the residents pass on. Being compassionate and showing care is so important to those who remain, but not letting their pain and sorrow (or your own) interrupt the tasks required.
Comfortably back breaking
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Idaho FallsOctober 23, 2016
In the beginning your like I'm making a difference in peoples lives, I'm helping them retire. Then it was like I'm not making a difference in their lives, I'm helping them further their degrading lifestyles until they meet oblivion.

It could be interpreted either way. But I realized its not about making a difference, its about feeling valuable and genuinely appreciated.
Helping at this assisted living center, I only became another hoyer, transport system, retrieval, nanny or food delivery system.

For those who are going to work at Prestige Inc, its ok starting out there if you have no experience. Its important to give yourself small goals and further your skills. At every meeting they have there is opportunity to do to make those goals. When you feel like doing something bigger or smaller that 40 residents, you can move on. Pay no attention to the gossip of the staff if you can, it can be degrading and most of the staff don't want to be there anyways. Try to see past that and just stay positive.
Pros
Taking residents to town and activities is fun and exciting
Cons
Training was tailing the more exp, could taste the bad attitudes they had about it
Working for Prestige Care, Inc.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 7, 2016
Working for Prestige Care was very interesting from the start. They do not put much into training their employees which caused for alot of chaos and confusion. The employees are constantly fly changing and the management was weak.
Cons
Short, to no breaks. Poor training.
i work there as a nursing asssistant and there i carried out nursing care
Nurse in Charge (Former Employee) –  Montego Bay, MDOctober 4, 2016
well i had no problem working there,cause i love my job and i love what i do and i walk the patients read story to them let they feel welcome and comfortable.and i also carried out vital sign
Great place to work. Co-workers are great!
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 20, 2016
I work at the Central Support office. My co-workers are hardworking, very helpful and welcomed me with open arms.

I enjoy helping people who help people each day.

Management is very approachable and have an open door policy.
Pros
People enjoy working at the central support office.
Cons
Our medical insurance could be better but it is reasonably priced.
Terrible structure. Stubborn Directors. No freedom.
Patient Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 8, 2016
I've worked here little over 5 months and I'm already one foot out the door.
Staff below me are poorly trained, don't listen to my advice and orders. Bosses believe anything a patient says and they don't give real chances for growth. Employers like Qliance should be giving these guys pointers. They know an employees real value.
I may not be overqualified but they could listen to my suggestions WAY better.
Pros
Benefits.
clean enjoyable work place
Shop Manager/Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 25, 2016
nice environment, with great management and co-workers.the hardest part of this job was being able to move at a fast pac when its busy
Pros
guaranteed the days off you request
Cons
having to move at a fast pace for a long period of time
Practice what you preach
Community Relations Director (Former Employee) –  OregonMay 23, 2016
I worked there for over a year. In that year it was obvious that "Touching Lives Everyday"was a great slogan. Unfortunately, the corporation has lost sight of it, although the staff hadn't at least with the residents even though they were underpaid ands over worked. They had a 877-PCI-TEAM number that was for complaints for residents and staff, that basically went to their HR department, that didn't bother to follow up or follow through. Although many corporate people knew of a bad situation and reported it as well as staff, they took the corporate road and allowed an incompetent person to continue to run a community. Many good people left there. People don't quit their jobs, they quit their management and the people above them that don't follow through or even investigate allegations. TheRe was a senior VP that said we had a toxic relationship, but did nothing about it. That sure is "Touching Lives."
Pros
The residents
Cons
Lack of leadership
satisfying
General aide (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAApril 14, 2016
volunteered and made sure patients were happy and full and that the staff had clean lunch tables when the meal period was through. Heard stories form patients about various experiences that they had, enjoyed the benefit of also getting to eat a free meal.
Strong core values, positive environment!
Community Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 4, 2016
Prestige is a company full of highly dedicated and genuine individuals. All in all, the reason I love my job is due only to the people. My team is committed to being the absolute best we can be, and corporate is very supportive.

At Prestige we truly treat our residents as if they are our own family members. The core values are truly at the heart of all that we do, and it is so refreshing to work somewhere that practices what is preached.

The only con truly boils down to monetary benefits. There is high turnover, and the work-life balance is challenging. I love what I do, so I intend to be around for quite some time, regardless of pay. Though for many, competitive pay makes it worth sticking around, and working even harder to ensure job security.
Pros
Positive environment, inexpensive lunch options, great training, strong purpose.
Cons
Poor work-life balance, mediocre wages, high turnover.
Food at the staff meetings
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Creswell, ORDecember 17, 2015
It was always very crazy when you got to work. A lot of the time one or more co workers would call in sick so we would have to change the schedule around. Most of the time my co workers would be in a good mood and they were fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my day was knowing that I helped people that could not do things for themselves and it is just a great feeling.
Residents wonderful, management needs improvement.
Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 21, 2015
There were inconsistent rules that changed often. Resident safety and employee training were not terribly important to management. Management creates an environment where residents are valued somewhat but employees are not valued at all which leads to a high turnover.
Pros
Residents, other employees
Cons
Safety, management does not value employees or safety.
Great residents but too much job responsibility
personal care assistant (Former Employee) –  gresham, orAugust 13, 2015
Great place but little pay for job responsibilities. Not only are you a caregiver but you are a server, laundry attendant, dishwasher, and busser!! Too much work for little pay! Management are nice but hardly care a about the amount of work they press on their employees. They don't have to work it not their problem...
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Productive and fun to work at
HMO Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 2, 2015
Prestige Care was a great company to work with except only if they would work with you when you have a disability. (example == like either lower my rate of pay or lower hours of day).
Best Care Facilities that I know of.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 29, 2015
Prestige helped me obtain my CNA certification by paying for my certification training, for that I am forever grateful, it helped launch a 18+ year career in the medical field. I left Mt View when it was sold to another Organization as I did not feel that they shared the same vision for either their residents or their employees.
Pros
Tuition reimbursment, cna classes (not sure if this is still true)
Cons
Sold their facility to another care company.
Most unprofessional company
Bm (Former Employee) –  NorthApril 10, 2015
This company prides itself on providing an excellent service to all it's clients and provides the very best home care........ They need to start with the basics such as treating their employees with respect dignity. Prestige nursing crumble under pressure, not on branch level but higher management. If you want any professional answers DO NOT go to HR. It's unlikely you will be privileged enough to get a call back.
The branches are trying their best to battle on but the bottom line is that they will never succeed.
The company will happily allow you and your work colleagues to work in unsafe areas with a history of crime, however will not protect you.
Pros
Compliance manager
Cons
HR, office security, training manager
Workplace
LPN (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 2, 2015
You feel appreciated, down fall nurses have to do admissions and 1 admission can take up to 4-6hrs and there is no limit to admissions
Pros
appreciated
Cons
on-call admissions
Fun for the most part
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Forest Grove, ORMarch 27, 2015
I had to prepare snacks and drinks everyday for the residents. I learned different textures and personalities of people. The management here could have been way better and I felt as if they were scared to tell the truth, but the coworkers were great to be around for the most part. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the residents and seeing them smile and getting compliments about the food.
Pros
Free meal per shift
Cons
Not enough time given to prepare.
Fighting amongst the leaders
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  WashingtonMarch 22, 2015
Poor feeling regarding the leadership of the company - rumors of in-fighting among staff and leadership at the corporate level are very frequent.
Horrible Management
med-aide (Former Employee) –  tillamook, oregonMarch 13, 2015
The only good part about this job is the residents!

The management and the care of residents is absolutely horrible! Residents are left in their own feces for hours without even being checked on. When you bring it to management nothing is done about it. There is a med aid there who falls asleep while giving meds and pops the wrong meds with no consequences because she is the boss's best friend. When all the problems are brought to the directors attention it is ignored. The place is a joke and I feel bad for any residents who live there
Pros
Residents
Cons
poor management, lack of care for residents

2.8