PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS- THANK YOU
Prestige Healthcare Registry is looking for Recreational Therapists to work on a Contracted basis for California Correctional Healthcare Services for:
California Institute for Women in Corona, CA
-Full-Time Mon-Fri 7:30AM-3:30PM
-Contract is IMMEDIATELY until April 2014 with HIGH potential to be extended!!
Recreational therapists, also referred to as therapeutic recreation specialists, provide treatment services and recreation activities for individuals with disabilities or illnesses. Using a variety of techniques, including arts and crafts, animals, sports, games, dance and movement, drama, music, and community outings, therapists improve and maintain the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of their clients.
Therapists help individuals reduce depression, stress, and anxiety; recover basic motor functioning and reasoning abilities; build confidence; and socialize effectively so that they can enjoy greater independence and reduce or eliminate the effects of their illness or disability. In addition, therapists help people with disabilities integrate into the community by teaching them how to use community resources and recreational activities.
- Minimum of fourteen (14) continuous months of experience within the last 24 months in a public or private Institution/Facility.
- Must be proficient in the English Language. Understand oral and written communication and write effectively, in the English language.
- Must have a valid and current certification as a Recreation Therapist by either the California Board of Recreation and Park Certification, Inc. or the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certifications, Inc.
- Pass background and drug screening
- Salary depends on licensure and experience
Position starts immediately please APPLY NOW if you possess the minimum requirements