Prestige Healthcare Employee Reviews

Extensive care and concern for my client.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMSeptember 11, 2017
I can't state enough how relevant experience I have accomplished working with my client I was assigned to.My job came automatic to showing compassion and sincerity, in helping people in need of there special needs.I take pride in doing so.
hate it
Collector (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
the worst place ever to work. I hated everything about that place. the location, the management team, my coworkers!! I've never felt this way about any place I ever worked
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PennsylvaniaAugust 23, 2017
Good place to work, and very on point with there employers, and I'm very pleased to be working there , it helps people that need help. They also give you training here if you need it
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Flexible time
No support
Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Clair, MIAugust 21, 2017
What I've been experiencing on a typical day. I've had over 30 pt.s to care for on a day shift. In addition to passing med's and doing treatments, there's admissions to do especially on Mondays and Fridays. There's been some days when three admits come. Most often you'll find the admit paperwork on the med cart. Then, there's no time of arrival, and that usually indicates that the pt. won't come until after 5 p.m. So, that means, you have to call the physician caring for the pt. to confirm the medications, enter them, and schedule lab work. Then, the real fun begins. You send the med list to the Pharmacy, and if you've sent it early enough, all of the pt.'s meds will come (maybe).
Even with STAT orders, expect a 4 hour wait. So, while you're trying to dispense medications and attempting to do treatments to the pt's. you have already, you're pulling the new client's med's from the back up box. Frequently, the other staff, (therapy in particular) take the pt. to therapy without letting you know that they're taking them, or if you've prepared their med's, then somehow you're interfering with their schedule. The C.N.A.'s are constantly doing "end runs" around the nurses, speaking with the N.P.'s and physicians.about pt's. and relating symptoms. (needless U/A's that have ordered).
When new hires come and they see what we go through, frequently they leave even before their orientation is through (and I don't blame them one bit). You should be aware that you'll be at the low end of the pay scale, they don't recognize experience, and lately they've been denying vacation
  more... time that was scheduled weeks in advance.
When you get another position somewhere else, you have to give 4 weeks notice, or they pay you minimum wage for you last paycheck.
I stay here for the pt.s, but lately I've been looking for another position.
Pros
The pts., the other staff, i.e. Activities, Social Services
Cons
Like I said, no real support
Toxic
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville kyAugust 17, 2017
This place is toxic, I worry about the well being of the residents. They seem to be the ones that are forgotten. Upper management really needs to look at where the problems really are in this building.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2017
Previously I had worked at another company in another field altogether for 13 years. I worried very much that I might not find another company that felt like home to me. I am very lucky that I found Prestige. Since my first day here over 2 years ago I have felt loved and accepted by everyone in this company. It truly is a family like environment.

Management has been great at teaching me new skills and using the skills I have accumulated over the years to their fullest potential. I am truly satisfied each day with the work I do. I have had opportunity for advancement and feel I am on a path for excellent career development, where I could not say the same thing of the company I had previously worked for 13 years.

This company has more than doubled in size in the 2 years I have been here and there are ups and downs like any other company. But I truly feel like we all work as a team to get past the hurdles and that is a rewarding feeling.
Pros
Family like environment, good compensation, great people
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2017
Do not apply, you will regret it! Management is the worst. They don't care about their employees. People are leaving as soon as they are hired. Terrible place to work.
Cons
too stressful, too much drama
STNA (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJuly 24, 2017
I worked at my facility for over 7 yrs before Prestige took over. I used to love my job but the constant call offs, and short staffing drove me straight out the door. only 3-4 nurses per shift, most times only 1 aide on unit at night (locked down units), cant always get a lunch break much less get to the restroom. The building is old and remind you of a funeral home its so gloomily decorated. Management wont step up and help out unless States in the building. The whole atmosphere is negative/depressing and will pull you down with it. No praise only complaining from all staff. The pay is all over the place, new employee with less experience get up to $1.00 more than older employee with more years and seniority.
Pros
most aides and nurses are teamworkers
Cons
rude management, no incentives, depressing work environment
Management sets you up to fail
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, MIJuly 24, 2017
Medilodge was bought out by Prestige and it went from good to bad within months. Disrespect from Supervision and Management could care less about you. Building was not ADA compliant. No elevator to go up stairs to the office. During meetings they make their employees park in the back on gravel in winter walking on ice. Favoritism by management was apparent and smokers got extra breaks during the 8 hr day. Cut vacation, sick, and medical benefits are expensive. It's all about the $$ and not the employees or resident care.
Pros
Cons
Lousey MGT, not ADA compliant, hostile work environment
Think before applying
Nursing (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 19, 2017
Not-friendly to employees company... Non-caring and do not know how to talk to, motivate their employees. Think of words that describe a good place to work and you will not find any of those words in any employee's past or present vocabulary
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
low pay, poor attitudes from management, company
Stressful
Account Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2017
New CFO is a jerk; new controller is OCD; not the same company it once was....and that is very unfortunate. Many are looking to get out. Revolving door in finance dept.
Excellent care and services
regional Clinical Comsultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 21, 2017
I was hired as a Director Health Services, give. The opportunity to complete an A.I.T. And assisted to gain my administrators license. I received many additional specialty training opportunities over the years. I was promoted to regional to support multiple centers. Prestige is very innovative and patient focused.
Pros
Cons
Salary
DO NOT work here or place your family here!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 2, 2017
I love nursing, and I love providing care for the elderly. I love all of my residents and am thoroughly disgusted that their needs are not met due to the greed of the corporation and the ineptitude of the administration. They have been running the facility with 3-4 nurses per shift, at times with only 1 aide at night. My residents have not been bathed in over a month. Wounds can go unreported for days due to laziness. Profanity and disrespectful behavior by aides and other staff is the norm, but management refuses to manage. The culture of this workplace is toxic. Management only supports the staff if state is coming and they want to cover their butts. I only stay for my residents, and don't know how much longer I will stick around.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Administration, management, staffing, pay, benefits
The Perfect job
QI /RM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 31, 2017
Proffesional environment, Normal day work. Learning how to report RM requested log to the state. Very educated proffesional staff.
Working as a team with coworker was amazing.

Perfect job to adquire knowedge and advance as a proffesional person'
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Traveling to other County for metings
Very low morale and high drama
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHMay 7, 2017
I was not in a healthcare position here but I was around the healthcare staff and patients every day. Constantly understaffed which ultimately led to residents waiting too long for assistance. Nurse aids were very cliquey and often were too busy smoking or gossiping to be bothered with resident needs. The building was falling apart and maintenance and housekeeping never had enough employees/ resources to keep up. Management was typical for a corporate structured business. Never concerned about actual resident and employee needs; rather about profits and unnecessary reports and jumping through hoops and red tape. Very unproductive management style to waste so much effort on things that only the top tier ownership will ever see or appreciate while simultaneously neglecting the ground level employees and residents. Hard work is unrewarded and taken advantage of.
Pros
Some really good hearted genuine people work here
Cons
Poor management, all of the government interference and oversight that comes with nursing homes
Your job is never done, your set up for failure
RN (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 19, 2017
The residents are awesome and deserve the best. But the truth is at medilodge of sterling heights they have poor staff retention, work short staff consistently, leaving you with 40+ residents. On any given day you may be pulled to another unit where you do not know anything about those residents. Administration is disconnected from floor staff, they act as if they don't know what is going on in the facility, and if they do know and are playing stupid that's even worse. They are just shady in so many ways. The residents deserve much better care then there are receiving. There is way too much work to get done during you shift, you are lucky to get a 15 minute break in 12 hours. Residents dining areas are dirty, borderline filthy. If you value your license I would recommend you steer clear of this facility, it's definitely a for profit facility that does not value anything but that almighty $ that is lining thier pockets.
Pros
Alot of hard working saff
Cons
Administration, thier shady, staffing issues
Poor Management, Rude, Selfish Employees
Staff (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIMarch 19, 2017
Terrible place to work. The management clearly doesn't have the experience to run the facility. They will hire ANYONE who asks for a job. They do not enforce rules, or take disciplinary action against faults made by their employees. If you want to be talked down to, treated poorly, over worked,and under appreciated, this is the job for you!
Pros
Clean facility.
Cons
Management, staff uneducated, poor communication
Horrible place
N/a (Former Employee) –  Montrose, MIMarch 18, 2017
The administrator is rude and cant solve any problems.. very under staffed and over worked! I wouldnt send anyone there ever! It used to be a great place but all the good people were pushed out..
Great Company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 10, 2017
This was a great job the lady house I was work had a great personitly. She treated me like a son since day one. And she tried to make my job easy for me. Very fun to be around
Daily Life
Worker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 22, 2017
Management at the corporate level can be highly disconnected to the founding principles of Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Trust. (To the patients...YES, to the staff...NO)These values are spoken but not valued as much as they could be. At the end of the day the business is process driven by ad hoc policies that lack continuity and conflict with other departments goals.
Turnover appears to be a problem do to the inability to show appreciation for the hard work and long hours staff commit to the company and often time at the expense of their families.
Departments do not always work from a team perspective which drive independent thinking which results in a (dog eat dog) mentality.
The facilities are stunning, which in turn helps families adjust to there new environment, some upgrades could be in order. Nursing is top-notch to include aids, they are the backbone of good care which reflects a good heart in each of them. I would love to see this company succeed, the organization has the right people they just need to focus on why they exist; there is a happy median with people and profit they just need to find IT.
Pros
Nursing, facility, cleanliness, helpfulness, availability of members
Cons
Corporates lack of focus, money driven at the expense of staff, turnover