Prestige Protection, a premier and progressive security service provider is looking for quality personnel with security experience and excellent customer service skills to join our team for multiple work opportunities.
The Security Officer conducts foot patrols and inspects property against, fire, theft, vandalism, terrorism, illegal activity and deters criminal activity and other unwanted behavior. The Security Officer is responsible for Observing and Reporting and is required to prepare incident reports outlining observations and activity during their assigned shift, and will contact the proper authorities and company representatives as outlined in jobsite post orders.
Location East Bay Area, California.
This area includes, but is not limited to, cities within Alameda and Contra Costa County
Hours All Shifts, All Days
Environment Inside, Outside, Industrial
Experience 1+ years
Hourly Rate Pay rates are based on required experience and location of job.
These rates are available through the company’s website where applications are submitted.
****Available position for Transportation Workers Industry Credential (TWIC) holders****
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must present a professional image and behave in a professional manner.
- Must possess a valid Guard license and be able to provide license during interview process
- Must possess a valid Driver's license with a 3 year clean driving record if applying for a driving position
- Must possess a valid TWIC license applying for TWIC required position
- Must be able to work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Must have constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
- Must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all post orders/operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be willing and able to come to work on time consistently
*As a condition of a job offer, Prestige Protection conducts pre-employment drug testing and reference and criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 30 pounds
- Run as needed
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply online through the company's website. Enter http://www.prestigeprotection.net/employment.aspx into your web browser and select "apply for job online"
Prestige Protection is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY employer:
Candidates are considered for employment with Prestige Protection without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, veteran status (specifically status as a disabled veteran, special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era veteran, recently separated veteran, armed forces service medal veteran, or other protected veteran) or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS AND THE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Consistent with Prestige Protection's commitment to equal employment opportunity, Prestige Protection provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Prestige Protection, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 925-485-9535. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you for your interest in Prestige Protection