Prestige Protection

Prestige Protection Employer Reviews

A Dreadful Place to Work That Will Cause Nothing But Grief
Anonymous (Former Employee), PleasantonJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: i cannot think of any
Cons: lousy pay, lousy hours, no advancement, horrible co-workers & bad working conditions
I wold give no stars if I could.

Where do I start? Their uniforms are the same color as Otis The Security Guard on Martin TV Series. Quite frankly, most of the workers convey the same comical appearance. I once seen a guard sit on a ledge on Geary Street. One supervisor was actually squared away, but he left in frustration because of the incompetency. – more... I couldn't for the life of me figure this dude out because he wore a duty belt but no weapon. Go figure? Then they had another dude in the East Bay wore a weapon, with no mags and no duty belt. In all honesty, this guy had no business with a weapon because you could have scared him just by saying boo!

The management style is something out of a turn of the century factory during the industrial revolution that is akin to modern day slavery. The workers have little rights in the workplace and the owwner is opposed to unionization. The office is full of hateful-conniving employees, that have a disgusting political agenda, that seem to think they are on a higher plane of existence and that there is some type of hierarchy involved in a security company. They do not seem to know much about running a company, tactics, etc. I once mentioned dynamic entries and they looked at me like a deer staring into headlights. Get a clue. You are working for a guard company. You are not working as a scientist curing cancer. In general, the office staff clearly ingratiate themselves before the owner. For what? Who knows because all of the workers are low-paid and after they have reached their shelf life, the company gets rid of them. They churn a lot of managers and uniformed guards. BTW, most the of guards speak and write little or no English, and I would not let them guard my dog, let alone be entrusted to protect life and property.

Avoid this company as a client or employee. Recommended companies for employment or service, or in the alternative, check with American Society of Industrial Security for credentialed companies and certified employees:

1) Gavin de Becker & Associates
2) LINXX
3) Personal Protective Service
4) Wackenhut
5) Blackwater USA – less
Awful working experiance
Security Guard (Former Employee), San FranciscoNovember 24, 2013
What a joke of a company the ad tells you a certain wage amount but when you get hired they put in the lowest wage site , when you ask about making more money they tell you we have no site right now this went on for a year . also NO PAID VACTION NO PAID LEAVE OR SICK TIME ... What company does that and Managment is a bigger joke if you want to work – more... for a joke of a company this is it !!! – less
Ok job but management sucks.
Patrol driver (Former Employee), pleasanton caNovember 16, 2013
Pros: patrolling and talking to other co workers.
Cons: management, lack of comunication with office personels & the supervisors. no paid vacation.
Management sucks. Truly no communication between patrol drivers & schedulers.
Great Company!
Client Services Manager (Current Employee), CAJune 18, 2013
Pros: focused on quality people and quality service
Cons: too small still!
Prestige is undergoing a transformation that will set them apart from all other security company's in the Bay Area.

Finally! A company that actually cares about improving. Refreshing.
not good
Security Officer/Personal Protection (Current Employee), westlake villageApril 9, 2013
Pros: perfect second job
Cons: zero chance for raise, advancement
supervisors are a joke
zero chance for advancement
easy second job
Growing Small Business
Supervisor (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: opportunities for growth
Prestige has seen steady long term growth through the development of client and employee relationships.
Needs work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CADecember 27, 2012
Pros: special events
Cons: scheduling and management
I liked the extra work when they had events to cover- I hated the management politics. I didn't feel like I was respected as an employee. Very disappointing. Benefits wasn't that great.
Nice patrolled sites that bring excitment everytime.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Pleasanton, CAAugust 3, 2012
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: less labor
Prestige has a lot of great qualities and bring satisfaction to its customer's.
It was an ok Job for the most part!
Security Guard (Former Employee), The BEthany CenterJuly 5, 2012
Pros: the people and clients happines
Cons: management
Some of the positions I work with Prestige Protection was alright.
I have learned how to care more for the elderly than knew before.
The management could have been a little better then it was.
Was sometimes when you had to stand a long time but I dealt with it.
I very much enjoyed talking with the clients and seeing that all their needs were met and – more... that they were happy.. – less