Preston Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive Critical Care Hospital that maintained family, caring atmosphere.
Radiology Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, WVDecember 6, 2016
My last place of employment was a small hospital in my home town. It was a very productive hospital but kept it's small town / family atmosphere.
The administration worked hard for the employees to maintain competitive salaries and benefits while maintaining a positive budget.
My carer as manager opened my eyes to the constant obligations of all of administration to maintain a positive functioning establishment. I appreciated the dedicated work from the CEO down to the individual managers. We witnessed several government changes but due to education provided and support given we were always able to manage our departments while never interrupting patient care.
The hardest part of my job was keeping my employees engaged in our patient survey quests. Although they understood the importance of each survey they often felt overwhelmed by the responsibility placed on them to try to get the surveys returned by their patients. On the other hand the best part of my job as manager / x-ray tech was being able to bring comfort to our patients.
Pros
Administration acknowledged all departments when they excelled in meeting goals, free special occasion meals
Cons
At times is felt as if the departments other than nursing were overlooked.
one on one care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, WVOctober 4, 2016
Smaller place to work and more ability to provide true one on one care. Rural facility so you don't always have the tools needed to perform the job. Patient must be transferred.
Pros
close to home
Cons
rural hospital
Overall rating I would give them 5 stars
Medical Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, WV 26537February 17, 2016
I liked working at Preston Memorial Hospital. Overall they are a great place to work and provide a good living for this area. I loved the people I worked with.
Pros
I lived close which was a benefit for me.
Overtime is not a problem however turnover rates are.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, WVDecember 4, 2015
I loved working here and most of the staff are fantastic, however there are some people who create a hostile work environment. The best of staff is the night shift workers. They are the best! Night shift employees were very fun, professional, and logical. Management is all over the place.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Hostile
Worked here around 11 months then department was eliminated
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, WVOctober 30, 2015
Was brought on as a Security Officer with a new Security Department. We were there around eleven months and the Hospital decided to eliminate our entire Department and turn over all security functions to the maintenance department. Apparently done as a cost cutting measure.
Pros
liked working with the staff, helping patients and staff
Cons
lot of dishonesty among the board members.
fun to work with the people
Housekeeper Clean and stock (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, WVMay 19, 2015
work great with people of different personalities. have fun with people that I work with. low paying and no benefits but is flexible with schedule to take care of family problems
Nice place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, WVMarch 23, 2015
Good place to work but provided little chance of advancement. Great people to work with and wonderful patients. Loved getting to know the people of Preston County.
Poor administration
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, WVNovember 20, 2014
Small facility. Poorly ran. Administration doesn't back managers. Human resources department poorly ran. Never given the same answer. Salaries and benefits not competitive with area.
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits
Continually striving to be a leading source in healthcare
Patient Access Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, WVAugust 26, 2014
Success starts at the top. A strong organization who focuses on customer satisfaction.
very small facility
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, WVApril 16, 2013
This 4 bed LDRP unit was only staffed with 1 RN & 1 CNA per shift. Mostly worked in ER triage when unit closed.
Unsafe staffing, unit no longer open
Pros
friendly management
Cons
staffing & compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Preston Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Preston Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location