Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Fast pace and a great experience.
Team Star Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2017
The hardest part of the job was food prep, i am very detail oriented and we had to produce all items in food prep in a fashionable time. How ever a typical day at Pret was very fast pace from the moment you walk in. I would usually get my duties understood or objective before i start anything. I learned alot as far as handling many roles at once and doing a good job at. Different responsibilities such as being a barista, maintenance, food prep and cashier. My favorite part of the job was receiving my first promotion.
typical work day
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  1 astor placeOctober 21, 2017
everytime i open the shop my job was to make all the coffee, setup all the crossiants. make sure all the crossiants are places on the display, and last but not least i also made sure that my customers would leave satisfied
Fast Paced work environment with poor management.
Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
A typical day at work in most Pret A Manger locations is Fast paced,Stressful and Unpredictable. At any moment during your shift you can be sent home or sent to work at another location.
Pros
Free Meals, 50% Discount and Room for growth.
Fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
Fast paced, Customers tend to be disrespectful,dealing with customers and staff can be a hassle at time. Although some customers can be rude theres customers that I have enjoyable encounters with.
Pros
Free lunches, Healthcare benefits.
Cons
Lack of pay
productive
Graduated Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast pace but stressful because of all managers telling you different things because they are not communicating with each other.Great place but very stressful
Pros
free lunch
Cons
To many different instuction a once
fast paced fun enviornment
Kitchen Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
Pret a manager was a very fast paced job that could be both over whelming and exciting, They also had company outings for all the team members in every location.
Pros
chance of a 50% bonus everyweek if the team wins secret shopper
Cons
would have to make over 100 recipes in 2 hrs
Better off somewhere else
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 1, 2017
I was initially hired full time (30 hours a week) and full time employees get benefits. They give me just under 30 hours so that I will not be able to receive benefits despite me asking multiple times to pick up other shifts. Managers are rude. the GM of my store forgot to change my schedule my first week of working there when I gave them a 3 days notice that I couldn't come in one day. Manager forgot to take it off my schedule so I got reprimanded for calling out months later, stating that I need to give them a weeks notice, yet at that point I hadn't even been working there a week and I did give them prior notice. GM has also laughed at me for trying to do my job and the store manager yells at me if I try to help out the hot chef by putting out croissants. The only good thing about working there is the free lunch and one time my team leader charged me for lunch after I had just worked a 6 hour shift. I've spoken to 2 other coworkers who told me they started looking for another job a week into working there. Maybe other locations are better but I do not recommend this pret.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
Fast-paced with fun coworkers but no advancement
Team Member (FOH) (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10004September 28, 2017
The overall experience was great and I've made many friends with coworkers who I still visit every so often. I was offered a position and although I accepted, I was never spoken to about it ever, after.
manic work enviroment
Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Some management is biased and will refuse anyone to advance if they do not like them. But at least you get free lunch and sometimes the coworkers are nice.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
low wages
Todo muy bien
Team Member (Former Employee) –  CosinaSeptember 25, 2017
Esta empresa es muy buena tiene un buen horario de trabajo y un buen equipo
Fast-paced work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonSeptember 25, 2017
Yes, it is a fast-paced environment, and that isn't for everyone; but I enjoyed it and it made me feel alive. There are great opportunities to advance in the company for both the right and the wrong people. The pay isn't that great, but it's one of the best in the industry. There are good perks and the best thing about working there are the people.
A life at Pret.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
My day begins at 5am. My kitchen team begins daily production at 6am. At 645am we have Team Brief we my team is allowed 15min paid break to grab a quick bite(optional), and communicate daily focus. From 7am to 10am we worked on completing our fixed production. 10-1030am lunch. From 1030am to 130pm we completed the rest of the production. Culture was fun faced paced team oriented. The hardest part was keeping 100% productivity, and the most enjoyable was promoting my team members to trainers, baristas, Kitchen Leaders, Mangers and most importantly 9 corporate employees at the Support Center.
Pros
Great Operational and Managerial systems
Cons
Not be able to stay over a year at one location.
Productive work place with a great atmosphere
Porter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2017
A great company founded in London, with a great staff and great food. Great growth within the company and good team work through out each and every location.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Great benefits
Pret
BARISTA (Current Employee) –  BostonSeptember 16, 2017
incredible work environment that produces efficient driven and focused employees able to thrive in high stress situation. Highly recommended work opportunity
It was fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
I really liked working there. The crew was fun to work with. The hours was good and the the schedules was flexible. Got free meals and discounts on food. If i never had gotten six, i would have still have worked their
Pros
Good pay, good hours. Free meals and discounts.
Up Beat Place with opportunity to advancement
Hotchef/ Team Leader - Full Time (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2017
Its takes a lot of dedication and responsibility to work at Pret and if you cant keep up you can have the whole store crash. There are always events to go too or days where we give out samples to customer.
Very Productive Work place, easy learning and fast pace wokring enviroment
Team Member Star/Barista (Former Employee) –  Astor Pl NyAugust 15, 2017
The day goes by typically fast if you keep busy and theres always something to do. It taught me to have patience and think about the outcome of a situation before it happens, and it taught me to become very disciplined. Everyone is required to help one another to get through the day as a team. The job requires alot but the most enjoyable part is helping the customers who are having a difficult day and just a smile and good customer service really makes there day.
A great working place to work
Team Member Star (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2017
Working at Pret has great perks such as a free lunch every day and meeting many people every day and forming relationships with both coworkers and regulars.
A true roller coaster ride
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2017
I couldn't maintain an equilibrium with a manager and employees always calling out so I decided to call it quits after just two months. I worked on both ends in the shop and kitchen although the shop is much easier I wanted to challenge myself. I learned you had to kiss butt to move up and how a team Member in Penn station became a GM in just two years. I couldn't be apart of that.
•Working in the kitchen gives you more hours.
•Too much task for just $12 an hour.
•Derogatory management in my experience.
•Enjoyed taking the food home at the end of the night.
•No guarantee of hours ,was told to stay home numerous times.
A true temporary/summer job.
The best part was working with so many different people around the world.
Pros
Job diverity, free food.
Cons
Underpaid, too much task, no job stability, dealing with rude customers.
love it
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 25, 2017
if you are looking for fun , great team , proffesional maangers then join Pret. I've learn a lot from them. It may be hard job sometimes but there is team work and everybody work together
Pros
free meal, coffee, good pay
Cons
long hours sometimes but well paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.