Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Productive enviorment great food great people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
Great place to learn how to prepare food for customers. A typical day at work consisted of greeting people cleaning prepare and packaging food. I've learned to become very sharp with detailing with the working community of midtown manhattan where there are many different cultures to interact with. Most of my co workers were rather young and immature in my location which made it hard to get along at times in which is the reason why i left to maintain a peaceful enviorment. Management is great and are fantastic people who work with you to ensure u keep your job and your doing the right thing at all times. The hardest part of my job was really lifting multipul things at one time with some weight to it which is by my own choice. And mostly i enjoyed the food.
Pros
free food great benifits good hours
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced, fun and cohesive.
Team Member Star (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 7, 2016
Life at Pret was pretty good. The only reason I left was because I had to move. The managers would rather give out overtime than hire people they didn't think would get along with other crew members. This worked out really well and led to some pretty good interactions behind the counter. It could get pretty hectic at times, but I've always enjoyed a fast paced work environment. We were compensated better than most places around us with the exception of commissioned clothing stores.
Pros
Free lunch, free coffee or tea
Cons
Short breaks, they kind of force you to be happy even if you're not, promotions take forever and a day.
Fast paced.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
I worked at pret for 2 years as a team leader.. grew in there fast however this job may cause lots of stress under wrong management. They give you a lot of chances however this may not be the case if your manager seems to pass certain things.
Friendly Work Environment
Team Member Star (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2016
The rest of my team members are super friendly and open. From the very start they included me in their activities outside of the shop and they talk to you and joke around with you until you feel comfortable. I learned how to better manage my time while I was here. The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with the customers. The hardest part of my job is dealing with poor management and favoritism.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
short breaks
Senior General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2016
Good place to work for, top of the notch for healthy fast food restaurants.
Very stable company
Very challenging

..................................
Pros
Free meals, bonuses, can acquire great management skills
Great money with the right amount of hours
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2017
You meet greet people even though over the years PRET has begun to hire more careless people so to say. Its alot of work but when you get the hang of what you're doing its not so bad. And you get paid every week some good money, theres always room to grow as well so take advantage of it.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun working place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatwick southOctober 10, 2016
Great place to work at , helpful and cheerful teammates. I really like show my team mates helped me trained me on till when I was new.
Pros
The shifts are great especially the 5am-2pm as it gives me times to pick up my little siblings
Cons
N/a
Team Member/Cashier / Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2016
Pret is a awsome place to work a little too strict , the manager i had wasnt to great but the place is awsome to work at! Food is good especially there chocolate chip cookies
Pros
Free lunch, good bonuses
Cons
Little too strick
Great working environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2016
Super fast working environment.Have to be on point with everything. You learn quickly and they move you up fast. But overall great working experience i learned.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun fast work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
The company is like family, easy work guide lines add there to help in the kitchen. Coverage on dental and health care when working for pret a manger recommend the job to anyone
Pros
Free lunch, dental coverage
cool place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 22, 2016
cool place to grow great people to work with... making food can be fun at these stores . great place to grow. fast pace atmosphere learn on hand during work hours so training is a bit intense .
Pros
flexible
Cons
na
Very productive work environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2016
Nice place to work, very fast pace, overwhelming at times but the job gets done.
Managers are upbeat and help you be productive
Fun High energy work enviornment
team leader (Former Employee) –  7th Aveune & 36th streetJanuary 11, 2016
Pret is a fun environment to work at. It is very fast paced. There are a lot of different personalities lots of diversities. Job tasks were tactical and easy a lot of cleaning is required and I do love a clean space anywhere. Selling coffee based drinks, sandwiches, salads,cold and hot wraps are what your required to sell or make depending on where they place you. Shop workers sell the food while the kitchen staff makes all the food.
Pros
Free meals when working 4 or more hours, and 50 percent off meals at other locations for yourselve and up to 4 friends or family memembers.
Cons
The requiraments for advancements must really have open availbilty
Pret-a-Ma-Love!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2016
Very fun work environment. Can become stressful if management becomes stressed. Customers are lovely and the atmosphere is stupendous.
Nice overall environment with a focus on service
Hot chef (Former Employee) –  23rd and parkJanuary 5, 2016
a typical day at work would consist of a set of individuals doing all the work, while other peers stand around. Management Varies from store to store. most enjoyable part is interacting with customers, and the hardest part of the job was having a 30 min break, and a lack of communication in certain fields.
Pros
free lunch, half off food when off shift, lots of people you encounter.
Cons
people not having answers and not knowing who will actually answer my questions.
fun, young, vibrant company
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2015
diverse, vibrant, young culture that i love. Management is young. There aren't any old politics that come with some companies. They are very people friendly and love to have fun.
Pros
free lunches, perks
Cons
pay
administrative
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02109March 19, 2016
A good place to work if you like to work independently in the hospital. a typical corporate office workforce. they provide good benefits that works for you
fun work place
Team Leader Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2016
Every day is different. In the shop I am located there is no room for error. the company for may reasons is a really great place to work. it teaches us how to be the best a at what we do and have great work ethics.
Terrible place to work, one of the worst jobs ever!
Team member (Former Employee) –  New YorkDecember 26, 2014
This job was one of the worst working experiences I've ever had. The management was horrendous, honestly I don't care about the workload(it's a job, so you are expected to work hard) but there were times were I felt like I was a slave, the manager would scream at me like I was a dog to make the items faster.

One of the things that I absolutely hated about working at pret, was the fact that management wanted you to act like you were were having fun and smile at all times. Obviously you want to treat the costumers great by smiling but they don't know what happens in the back and how much stress you have to go through to get all the stuff done in TIME.

There's also no job security because you could get fired for the tiniest thing. No sick days, no flexibility whatsoever, you need to dedicate yourself to pret 110%. The manager was always putting me down making me feel like I wasn't giving my best and threatened to fire me if i didn't make X amount of item per hour.
Finally, to whoever is reading this and is considering to work or apply to this company, PLEASE don't do it
Pros
Great co-workers, lunch discount, incentives to keep working hard
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management, extreme rules and regulations, lots of stress, underpaid and much more too many negatives
Fun, Rewarding and great chances for advancement
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Gave great leeway. Learned valuable skills. Advanced in role quickly. Great benefits and compensation. Built great relationships with guests

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.