Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger Employer Reviews

fun and learned a lot about retail store management
General Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: benefits
Well about my work experience I want to say very much. But first I would say that my first work experience was fantastic and I loved my job. I started my working experience in pret a manger as an a assistant manger. My job timings used to start from 7am. and ended at 6 p.m. in the evening
The experience of working as manager was a real life experience, – more... because I used to meet different people of different nature and handling them was a life time experience , managing stress environment and showing complete positive attitude and performance. During all the period of my job I learned how to manage the customers in efficient way and also how different people are handled.
All the staff members were really co operative and maintained a friendly environment. The experience and support really evoked the professional side in me and I think that this experience of my life would always be helpful in my life.
I would say that I really learned a lot from my job experience and I loved the duration of my job. – less
The Food
Team Member Star (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
It's a health store. I loved working there because I know that I was always eating a healthy meal. My co-workers were always encouraging and fun to be around. The most enjoyable part of work was making food. The hardest part was getting there on the train...which was always full.
Assistant of GM
Team Member (Former Employee), London, OHJuly 9, 2014
 Managed meetings of the GM
 Bookkeeping
 Responsible for the payment
 Informed accounting reports to GM
Fast paced, friendly and fun work environment
Assistant Store Manager (front of house) (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2014
"A typical day managing at Pret A manger"

Know daily sales goals/ daily financial goals, have a plan
Organizing shift; team in place and know their goals and focus for the day, equipment working, sufficient product, clean organized inviting shop

The hardest part is keeping up with food demand sales grow daily, but I enjoy the fast pace. I love meeting – more... new people and here at Pret we meet people from all over the world! – less
Productive Environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: when taking breaks you have take off uniform in order to go into the dining room
I learned to speed up the pace. It was kind of hard the first time around to keep up the pace but I learned to grasp it. My co- workers were great teachers as well.
GO EAT ELSE WHERE NOT AT PRET
SHOP MANAGER (Current Employee), LONDONApril 26, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: management poor high prices of food and drink, dirty back of house
MANAGEMENT DONT GIVE A REAL DAM ABOUT YOU OR YOUR LIFE ONLY PRET LIFE, THE STAFF ARE GREAT THE GUYS WHO DO THE REAL WORK. THE MANAGEMENT SUCK, THE FOOD NOT HEALTHY AND THE KITCHEN FLOORS ALL HAVE DROPPINGS ABOUT, OLD KIT DIRTY NOT CLEAN BEHIND THE SCENES.
GO EAT AT COSTA OR M&S, EVEN MACDONALDS IS BETTER, REALLY. ITS ALL ABOUT SPEED OF SERVICE NOT CUSTOMER – more... SERVICE AND GOOD FOOD, ITS ALL ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY ARE MAKING. YOU HAVE TO GO WITH YOUR FEET TO ANOTHER COMPANY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE – less
TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT, TERRIBLE COMPANY
TM (Former Employee), West MidlandsMarch 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch only if you work more than 6 hours
Cons: everything, this is a terrible company to work for.
The manager at my store hasn't got the faintest idea of how to run a shop, so much so, that an untrained monkey could do a better job.

Some of the overseas workers are extremely rude and have a very poor grasp of english, making it incredibly hard to communicate with them sometimes.

The customers are incredibly snobby and treat ALL staff like dirt.

The – more... manager shows very little enthusiasm to even do their job even remotely well, and has been the main cause a many times for the loss of the mystery shopper bonus.

The manager constantly moves around shifts and will leave some people working for a solid month without a day off.

The manager has moved shifts around so they can take multiple days off at a time whilst everyone else gets very few days off.

I have been made to drop commitments and hobbies because of manager, due to them threatening to 'Sack' myself and other workers. – less
Okay
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 31, 2013
I've worked here for about 3 years while attending college, most managers are very understanding with my school schedules. However, it depends on the individual. Some co-workers are fun and help you get through our day. Good organic food. Okay coffee. Pay does not increase very often.
pret a manger
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYDecember 10, 2013
Pros: free lunch, new shirts everyday
Cons: short breaks, unfair duties
not to fair to work at everyone isn't out to help you more like critize you wih no advance to move up.
Fun place to work and to meet different people of cutlure
Team Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch, paid vacations and sick days, health and dental care
Cons: short breaks, working some holidays
A regular day at work would consist of me doing my daily rounds of checking if all our employees have their uniform on and in clean condition. As days come and go I learn that running a company deals with having a lot of patience and strategies. Learning your employees attitude, finding ways to improve your gross profit a day, improving better customer – more... service and interactions. With all that sed and done the enjoyable part is running into different kind of people and meeting stars. – less
satisfactory
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch, great hours, great pay
Cons: short breaks, alot of rules
great place to work and great pay and 95% great people.
usually 8 hr shift consisting of food preperation and lots of customer service and alot of moving around.
PRODUCTIVE WORK PLACE WORK HARD PLAY HARD
Team Leader (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: lay offs
LOVE IT THIS IS ONE OF MY BEST COMPANYS FRIENDLY AND GOOD PEOPLE
Excellent place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 16, 2012
You get to meet different kind of people
Get the opportunity to be your self
Fun workplace
Cashier/ Crew Member (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 14, 2012
Pret was an amazing experience. I really like how much team work was involved. It made me feel like I had my own little family at work as well.
Up beat, clean environment and positive attiudes
Prep cook (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2012
Pros: discounts on items
I enjoy my job at pret a manger, they offer tons off bonuses and party awards to employees for outstanding job. friendly co-workers and full times hours.
Okay place to work for the time being
Cashier/Chef (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2012
I was considered as part of a team and enjoyed working with positive people such as myself.
organized and strict workplace
Admin. Assistant/Closing Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2012
Maintain records of daily sales. Schedule meetings. Compose and edit memos.
hard working place
Barista (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 6, 2014
- making coffee and service
-a learnd work in a team with people different from me and manage pressure
Good admosphere
Barista (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches, greats discounts
Cons: monotony
I work in the afternoon i enjoy every customer and i try to chat with them and be enthusiastic.
I learned how to control the stress situation and work underpressure.
About the management, they are very friendly with the team, they always follow the company standard and they are a example to follow.
About my co-workers, they are friendly too, and they – more... always try to give their best.
The hardest part of the job, is work under pressure, and the most enjoyable part of the job is work how i said the good admosphere in the workplace – less
Proactive
AMF (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Hard to find the time to do anything due to opening hours. Hardly ever had time to do any paper work during the shifts, most of all had to be done after you technically suppose to finish and that would be the hardest part of the job. The enjoyable part it would be interaction with great highly educated customers coming over to our store every day.

1 2 3

About Pret A Manger

This company hopes you are as ready to eat as its sandwiches. Pret A Manger Holdings operates a leading quick service restaurant – Read more