PRG Real Estate Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good company at all
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  USAJune 9, 2014
It was an OK job from a $ standpoint, but certainly not the best. I knew people that worked for other property management companies that were making significantly more.

I was working 40 hours a week, but because it was officially written down that my position was PT, I did not receive any benefits, like all the other FT people. Yet, I was scheduled and expected to work 40 hours a week!! Can you say ILLEGAL!

This company has a track record of hiring fresh from college 22 year olds and making them managers-in-training for about 6 months and then giving them their own property. Residents complained bitterly about the high turnover in staff.

I think some properties slowly get renovated, but the one I worked at had stained, dirty carpets, ancient appliances, it was just nasty! I had more than one prospective tenant look at an apartment, look at me and say 'are you f***ing kidding me'! Requests from tenants for decent appliances, new carpets, etc were turned down due to 'not enough money in the budget'. Really PRG? If you cannot afford to take care of your business, then maybe you don't need to be in business!

The CEO came out at one point with potential investors and WOW, what a hateful person. When he left, everyone was shaking their heads in disgust.

I would not work for this business again if it was the last place on earth. Oh yeah, and the senior property manager liked to curse and scream at people all the time. Everyone was always on edge, terrified about their jobs. After 9 months of this toomfoolery, I gave my 2 week notice and never looked back.
Cons
no job security, abusive senior managers, high staff turnover, poor employee morale, rude corporate office, and embarassing place to work at really
An ok company overall.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 20, 2012
PRG is a decent company to work for. They pay well and are willing to train as long as long as you show initiative. They do have a problem with confidentialty. I have learned things about other employees/managers that I should not have known about. This made me be less trusting of my superiors.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
no privacy. everybody knows everything.
It felt like a family
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2012
This was only an internship, but still the best job I've ever had due to the environment. It was an office with about 20 people total, which made it feel like a family. You wanted to get the work done because you cared about the company and not just a paycheck. It takes a wise leader to create such an environment, and PRG Real Estate has done so. Very well indeed.
Pros
lunch break anytime, recognition awards, great environment
Cons
location, traffic