Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Unable to advance
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 20, 2017
Working as a pharmacy technician at Price Chopper is very fulfilling but there are not enough hour available nor is there room for advancement. If your looking for a part time job this is a great place
Follows the worst market practacise
Maintenance Associate/Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 19, 2017
Price Chopper as a company take the worst ideas in the super market industry and uses them for their own benefit. They give inconsistent hours, reduce full time positions, and keep salaries below the level needed for a living wage.
Been Awhile
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTNovember 18, 2017
Price Chopper was my first job when I was 16 or 17 years old. It has been a long time, and so I am sure management (and with it a number of other things) changed. No benefits, no union, so your job and hourly rate are up in the air. It allows for an atmosphere of favoritism, which can be good or bad, depending on individual circumstance and preference.
it was ok
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTNovember 17, 2017
I enjoyed going there to meet new people, helping unload the trucks and working together as a team when necessary. Work days would average between going fast and slow but it went ok.
nice place to work
Cashier / Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTNovember 17, 2017
This was my first job in high school. Friendly environment, good for what it was. I really enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with. They also have plenty of great full time opportunities there.
Mostly good work
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Gardner, KSNovember 15, 2017
nice coworkers, mostly good work, sometimes work area is very loud, insurance contracts can be difficult, some good time off, many new employees, work area needs improvement
Great place
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PANovember 15, 2017
Loved working for them, had plenty of training and everybody was nice and knowledgable. They worked with you when you needed time off and vacations. They also promote from inside the company so there is room to advance.
It's okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, VTNovember 15, 2017
Unfortunately, it's not a good place to work if you're an adult who has bills to pay. However, it seems to be a great first job for teenagers who will be given the hours an adult should receive.
Price Chopper
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 13, 2017
Working at Price Chopper during high school and my associate's degree was helpful because of the flexible hours. However, don't expect to get consistent hours when they know you are in school. They schedule all over the place.
It was okay job
Supervisor for the front end (Current Employee) –  Richfield Springs, NYNovember 11, 2017
Honestly, it was a job. It was there when I was in high school, and its now time to move on to a job that pays more, has benefits and offers full time.
busy and hectic
Cashier/Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 11, 2017
Price Chopper is an alright place to work. it is a very busy hectic place and management is always changing. hours change on and off. Typical day at work entailed assisting customers, running registers including the ez scans. I also stocked and cleaned my work environment. Price Chopper is a busy hectic place to work. The hardest Part of this Job is the ever changing front end supervisors and the number of them. the most enjoyable Part of the Job was helping my customers.
Pros
helping customers, running registers
Cons
too many front end supervisors and constant changing of store managers
horrible place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYNovember 10, 2017
at the beginning working at price chopper it was good, great management in the store as same as in department. However, I am an immigrant from Russia, and when was the terrorist attack in the Boston microphone, I start hearing some rumoring behind my back what I am a potential terrorist...
very fast paste
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 9, 2017
I work as a team and independent. I am always learning new things Avery day ...... I work with a great team....I love the inter acting with the customers
Provides training
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 8, 2017
Most of the staff is very nice. Most customers are very understanding when staff is short handed. Trying to follow double standards set by store management.
Pros
Good for grabbing a few things before leaving.
Cons
No discounts offered. Some employee rewards programs.
the culture
Store Set Up Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 8, 2017
Price Chopper used to be a great place to work. However , as the years past , competition built up and the dollar shrunk it became less and less a great place to work. It started as a family run company that is now a cut throat business . I understand that companies have to adapt to stay competitive , but cutting the operating payroll to numbers that are impossible to take care of customers yet paying out millions in bonuses to upper level mgmt. seems a bit much.
Pros
pay
Cons
politics
A fast pace place 2 work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2017
The job was cool itself I love the co workers and the manager.the store was clean and organized. I also like the atomosphere it was laid back and easy to work
Pros
A 3o minute paid lunch break
fine place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYNovember 5, 2017
family oriented...gave time off when needed for family issues, most of the supervisors were good to work for, the only issue was that the better you knew people the better you did as an employee
working as a over night cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAOctober 31, 2017
Me working overnights was calm sometimes busy . I maintain to keep store cleaned and organzined for the next shift coming. I didnt like managment at all because of the false allagations towards myself and people that was made but overall it was a good time and experience working there.
Pros
free soda
Cons
short breaks
Don't waste you're time unless your desperate or a teeny bopper with no family to support
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Matamoras, PAOctober 29, 2017
Could be a good job but.... Sorry pay, sorry raises, and no room for advancement, And the store manager at this paticular store was a Wee little man with short man syndrome and other issues, The short time I worked there I see why he got petitioned and ran off from the last store he worked at
Cons
All the Above
Non-productive
Cashier/Floral Arranger (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYOctober 27, 2017
I worked for Price Chopper for 18years. I have had my ups and downs but I never really advanced in the company and I felt my issues were not addressed. I do have to say they helped when I went through breast cancer, but overall I felt I was not acknowledged for providing excellent customer service and being a good employee.
Pros
some employees working together
Cons
not listening to concerns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.