Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Great place to learn the back side of the grocery business
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Worcester, MAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Able to work short days every other Friday for a long weekend
Cons: benefits and salary are not very competitive
I was the customer service leader for the Clorox line of products. I worked closely with the buyers from the New England, Metro West, and Pittsburgh areas. It was my job to ensure buyers were aware of the sale items and best buys for their customers. Ensured that the ordering needs were met, they were ordered accordingly to shipping standards. ie: the number of pallets and weight limits per truck load.

Enjoyed the Monday through Friday aspect of the job.
I built great relations with the buyers in all of my respective areas in order to understand their needs and fit them accordingly.
Great student job
Laboratory Aide Assistant (Former Employee), Worcester,MAJune 8, 2015
Providing quick and friendly services to customers while cashing out their merchandise. Maintaining clean work environment.
working at Price Chopper was fun
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: The fundrasiers the store would do
Cons: the short breaks
A typical day at Price Chopper was exciting and that without the customers I wouldn't have had a job. The management was always fair to there employees. My co-workers always when out of there way to please the customers. I hardest part of my job was learning to say no when needed. The most enjoyable part of working there was the people who came into the store everyday.
Seafood Manager, Deli/Food Service Manager, Store Co-Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), VermontMay 13, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits, advancement opportunities
Cons: All the basic cons in retail
Great place to work. You'll advance rather quickly if you are a hard worker. Loved my 17 years with them! Management is your typical management. Some managers are awesome, others need leadership skills but that's the same no matter where you work.
I loved getting to know people
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, NYMay 5, 2015
I would cash people out . I loved getting to know people and helping them out. I loved working with my co workers we had a good relationship . the hardest part was if u bagged their items wrong and they got upset.
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Saratoga County, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, low morale
Price Chopper is a good place to work in that it challenges you everyday. Management varies depending upon location but overall the benefits are great.
Normal, work environment.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Dunmore, PAApril 29, 2015
Work at Price Chopper is an above than average experience than any other of the grocery stores in the area. With a large building, and selection of items it created a positive work environment with great people.
Multitasking and fast pace
part-time Deli and Food Court clerk (Current Employee), Glenville, NYApril 28, 2015
Must be able to adapt throughout the workday, whether it's knowing how to prioritize duties or how to be productive even when business is slow
People i worked with were awesome
Head clerk, checker, and cashier, sweep/mop aisles (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 21, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: under appreciated
I worked there for almost 13 years i enjoyed it for the most part.

A typical day consisted of coming in to empty shelves so id have to stock 2 pallets of load a day plus manage the department .

The management didn't communicate well and unless you were on there favorites list they treated you badly and talked down to you they weren't professional at all.

The majority of co-workers were great to work with everybody would work with each other .

Hardest part of the job dealing with difficult customers and training new employees

the thing i enjoyed the most was i always busy
Great Place to grow and develop a career
Bakery manager (Current Employee), Chatham, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, 401k
Cons: long work days
A typical day is never typical. The excitement is gratify when going to work each day due to different situations that develop each day. It creates a desirable learning experience for employees and sharpens managing abilities as well as learning something new. Co- workers act as a great team to help accomplish goals and other time sensitive duties. The hardest part of the job is molding to new challenges, but is worth the effort and outcome that is achieved. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a wide variety of people on a daily basis. Interactions with different people create an endless learning experience when dealing with issues
Good starting Jobs
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Saint Albans, VTNovember 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
Good starting job for teens, not great compensation. Overall not too bad of a starting job.
Hectic workplace, aggressive customers
Front End Associate (Current Employee), Cohoes, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
While the job itself may not be too difficult to learn, it is the environment that makes this specific location tough to work in. The majority of the customers that visit the store have little respect or manners, making for a relatively hostile daily experience.
Horrible place to work
Deli team leader (Former Employee), Windsor, ctOctober 10, 2014
Pros: your co-workers
Cons: everything else
After 9 years I left this company. The management does not support their employees. The human resource team is not to help the employees it's their to protect the company and cover up the company's wrong doings. The only good thing is the people who are there. Your expected to be on call all the time if I want more than 10-15 hrs a week.
Great Experience
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Granville, NYSeptember 23, 2014
Was always great working with co-workers not only did they make your timing working there great, so did the customers.
A nice place to work
Cashier/Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Utica, NYJuly 31, 2014
Price Chopper, in my opinion, is a great place to work. Genuine, caring people unlike some supermarket employees.
Customer Service Teammate (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 21, 2014
Cashing customers out, providing excellent customer service.
Great co-workers and a very laid back environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Johnsbury, VTJune 5, 2014
I worked as both a cashier and janitor. Some days, I would do both if I was needed for extra help. I would clean the sales floor, bathrooms, employee break rooms, and gather shopping carts from the outside. When I had my duties done, I would help bag groceries for customers, or run register if we were busy. The co-workers were friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part about the job is when things got busy, it became a bit difficult to accomplish the various tasks I had. The most enjoyable part about the job is when I was able to help someone successfully. It always feels good to do that
fast paced supermarket
Deli/Food Service Clerk (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 30, 2014
Pros: lots of work to keep you busy
Cons: would not give me full time
A typical day at price chopper would be coming into work, cooking food and helping out customers. I learned how to cook. management was pretty good, always kept you on your toes. The co workers were not so great, they hired many people who were lazy, stole, caused issues and were not good workers. The hardest part of the job was understanding customers who did not speak English. The most enjoyable part was learning how to cook.
Challenging, fast paced, satisfying.
Store Set Up Specialist (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: ability to work independantly.
Cons: changes in company car program
Today, I assisted the lead Store Set Up Specialist along with two other Store Set Up Specialists in preparing to open a new store that will open within the next four days. This involved merchandising all of the Center Store Categories, including, Grocer, Dairy,Frozen, GM, HBC, and Front End.

I learned how to install wood gates for the 3-way end cap fixtures. My manager called one of my peers to discuss the next assignment with him, which he will lead.

The biggest challenge of the Store Set Up Coordinators position is that there is a finite amount of time to open the store, and I can't do everything myself. So trusting that I can give good direction as well as having realistic expectations regarding what is acceptable and perfection is what I have to balance.
nice place to work
Cashier/Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Glenmont NYApril 17, 2014
Good place to work I love my co workers. Its just people don't really understand what work is there. My most enjoyable part of working there is the customers being happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets, a subsidiary of The Golub Corporation is a regional grocery store chain that has 125+ stores in New – Read more

Price Chopper Supermarkets Salaries