Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews in United States

Stressful
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 21, 2016
A typical day begins with washing the salad bar. Once that is done the setting up the salad bar follows. What is from the previous day is disposed of and replaced with fresh product. Logs are kept on production and shrink. Once the salad bar is set up I would move to the pizza station and begin setting that station up.. I was responsible for both stations. As far as management is concerned I do not have a positive opinion of them. My co-workers spent more time avoiding work than actually working. The hardest part the job was Pizza station when we had pizza sales. There was never any help. The most enjoyable part of the job was working the salad bar.
Pros
insurence for part-timers
Cons
Saying there is team work when there really is not.
great food at low prices.
Cashier, Deli Department (Former Employee) –  Great Barrington, MAMay 18, 2016
Day went by quickly. Holidays were fun because we went very fast to keep up with the customers.
learned patience especially when our machines broke down, or if a customer had a million coupons, but not enough money and we had to delete objects from their bill. Customers behind them got angry and it made things harder. Management was always great. they seem to be able to come up with a plan to get the customers happy and less aggravated, and it made working easier and nicer. Co-workers were fun. we all had our private jokes, and would remember them when times were hard and busy, and bring up a memory to get us all giggling to get us through a rough part of the day. That made working easier and fun, nd the bad just seemed to go by faster.
Ping POng
Frout End/Seafood Department (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 13, 2016
The Company has wonderful moments and then some false comments on their employees. A lot of talking behind backs as well as underpay. Hopefully the company has changed.
Fun place to work but hard to get hours
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 11, 2016
Stocking meat and cleaning the dept after hours is pretty simple but since the company has been taken over by another company hours have been cut and the benefits that were once available to part time and full time workers are now only available to full timers
Pros
Felxible Schedule
Cons
No Benefits for Part Timers
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 10, 2016
My day at work was fun and crazy at the same time, I was never bored, always had something to do, even when my duties was done. Management and my co-workers was nice, always made me laugh, they made m feel comfortable working there.
front end cashier
cashier (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NYMay 6, 2016
got a 15 minute break just before my shift was over, never had my schedule right, had fake co workers and worked 7 days a week because a lot of workers were lazy or never showing up
time consuming, very interactive with customers,always ready fora situation
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 5, 2016
i worked there for over an year and found it to be a really time consuming retail store for groceries. it has helped me learned and experienced alot in the work force for it was my first job. i was able to learn how handle money and help lead and direct other associates
Departments are better
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTApril 30, 2016
I worked on the Front End for several years and really did not enjoy it. Once I worked in a department-the Pharmacy I loved it! I just do not feel they appreciate and support their workers the way they should
self motivated, organized,conscientious
Night Store Manger (Former Employee) –  North Adams, MAApril 30, 2016
started by getting messages from superiors if any then got my people set up for their shift. got along very well with my crew alway's tried to keep them loose and relaxed.toughest thing was to keep my crew motivated when it got tough. best thing was break time with my crew just talking about things.
Pros
small crew that liked each other
Cons
not enough help at times
Hate it to its core
Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee) –  NYApril 29, 2016
Bad place. Bad people. Liars all. Long hours that go unnoticed and unappreciated. Plus, you can get fired at a moment's notice.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
No job security
Diverse place to work
Customer Service Associate/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Derby, VTApril 28, 2016
I liked that my co-workers helped each other out when needed in the deli department, and that the manager of the meat department was always smiling as he told us what he expected. The worst part about the meat department was how cold it got cleaning out the fridge every night since I pretty much got soaked. The Bella Roma section was difficult to get out of on time and still have everything expected to be completed done. I was treated well when I asked to switch departments after finding out I was pregnant.
Fun place to work that showed me something i truly love to do
Floral Teammate (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 28, 2016
Price chopper is a friendly environment that helped show me what it is i love doing. A typical day involved clocking in, helping customers, making arrangements, and cleaning. my co-workers were friendly and helpful if i had any questions.
Good
Front End Supervisor and Staffing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTApril 27, 2016
I do not wish to write a review. The company has been a good company in many ways. It is a great start for anyone looking for basic customer service and skills training and work.
Family Feel
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 26, 2016
Everyone there starts off slow as they get a feel for the job and people but after that we all become a family and have fun every shift.
good work place
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, NYApril 25, 2016
great people great employees great bosses good hrs. flexibility good customers cook outs give away events etc. work at my pace. some benefits
Its a an ok place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barre, VTApril 24, 2016
typical day at work is slow
my co workers are very mean and snoby. they love to ignore people who need help and always are playing on their phones.
the hardest part of my job is dealing with rude co-workers
management is good there but some supervisors could be a lot nicer to us
Meat clerk (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, MAApril 21, 2016
I work hard and deserve to move up as a cutter. I worked hard for seven years and I'm ready to be a meat cutter. They don't take care of their employees.
Pros
Their functional
Cons
They don't care for their employees
Advanced Company with Forward thinking Training and Technologies
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 19, 2016
Very forward thinking and many advanced technologies to assist us everyday. Great benefits with very good compensation.
very good company / good benefits
grocery clerk (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MAApril 18, 2016
get at work socialize a little. then start the day.punch in then break the pallet down. then start stocking the shelves with the product.also wait on the customers when needed.
Productive and stable job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAApril 12, 2016
A work day at Price Chopper is simple.
Greet customers.
Make sure they found everything they need.
Make everything as easy and painless as possible for the customer.
Make sure the customer has the right change.
And be friendly as possible.
I have learned how to handle customers with care and kindness.
How to multi-task while working.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A