Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employer Reviews

Great Place to grow and develop a career
Bakery manager (Current Employee), Chatham, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, 401k
Cons: long work days
A typical day is never typical. The excitement is gratify when going to work each day due to different situations that develop each day. It creates a desirable learning experience for employees and sharpens managing abilities as well as learning something new. Co- workers act as a great team to help accomplish goals and other time sensitive duties. – more... The hardest part of the job is molding to new challenges, but is worth the effort and outcome that is achieved. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with a wide variety of people on a daily basis. Interactions with different people create an endless learning experience when dealing with issues – less
Good starting Jobs
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Saint Albans, VTNovember 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: management
Good starting job for teens, not great compensation. Overall not too bad of a starting job.
Hectic workplace, aggressive customers
Front End Associate (Current Employee), Cohoes, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
While the job itself may not be too difficult to learn, it is the environment that makes this specific location tough to work in. The majority of the customers that visit the store have little respect or manners, making for a relatively hostile daily experience.
Horrible place to work
Deli team leader (Former Employee), Windsor, ctOctober 10, 2014
Pros: your co-workers
Cons: everything else
After 9 years I left this company. The management does not support their employees. The human resource team is not to help the employees it's their to protect the company and cover up the company's wrong doings. The only good thing is the people who are there. Your expected to be on call all the time if I want more than 10-15 hrs a week.
Great Experience
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Granville, NYSeptember 23, 2014
Was always great working with co-workers not only did they make your timing working there great, so did the customers.
A nice place to work
Cashier/Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Utica, NYJuly 31, 2014
Price Chopper, in my opinion, is a great place to work. Genuine, caring people unlike some supermarket employees.
Customer Service Teammate (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 21, 2014
Cashing customers out, providing excellent customer service.
Great co-workers and a very laid back environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Johnsbury, VTJune 5, 2014
I worked as both a cashier and janitor. Some days, I would do both if I was needed for extra help. I would clean the sales floor, bathrooms, employee break rooms, and gather shopping carts from the outside. When I had my duties done, I would help bag groceries for customers, or run register if we were busy. The co-workers were friendly and easy to get – more... along with. The hardest part about the job is when things got busy, it became a bit difficult to accomplish the various tasks I had. The most enjoyable part about the job is when I was able to help someone successfully. It always feels good to do that – less
fast paced supermarket
Deli/Food Service Clerk (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 30, 2014
Pros: lots of work to keep you busy
Cons: would not give me full time
A typical day at price chopper would be coming into work, cooking food and helping out customers. I learned how to cook. management was pretty good, always kept you on your toes. The co workers were not so great, they hired many people who were lazy, stole, caused issues and were not good workers. The hardest part of the job was understanding customers – more... who did not speak English. The most enjoyable part was learning how to cook. – less
Challenging, fast paced, satisfying.
Store Set Up Specialist (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: ability to work independantly.
Cons: changes in company car program
Today, I assisted the lead Store Set Up Specialist along with two other Store Set Up Specialists in preparing to open a new store that will open within the next four days. This involved merchandising all of the Center Store Categories, including, Grocer, Dairy,Frozen, GM, HBC, and Front End.

I learned how to install wood gates for the 3-way end cap – more... fixtures. My manager called one of my peers to discuss the next assignment with him, which he will lead.

The biggest challenge of the Store Set Up Coordinators position is that there is a finite amount of time to open the store, and I can't do everything myself. So trusting that I can give good direction as well as having realistic expectations regarding what is acceptable and perfection is what I have to balance. – less
nice place to work
Cashier/Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Glenmont NYApril 17, 2014
Good place to work I love my co workers. Its just people don't really understand what work is there. My most enjoyable part of working there is the customers being happy.
Long fulfilling days.
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Oneida, NYApril 10, 2014
Long days but the work is very fulfilling. Great environment. Everyone there is very friendly but works really hard. The director and producer expect your best, but if you give it, you are rewarded.
Terrible place to be right now
Produce Clerk p/t (Former Employee), Guilderland, NYMarch 20, 2014
The only good thing about this position was that I made some friends in my store. You can meet great people who make the job bearable, if not entertaining.

I worked as a part timer in NY for over 8 years. In that time I've witnessed a steady downward spiral in terms of management and priorities.

Capable employees who want to succeed are seemingly – more... kept away from higher positions (I have two graduate degrees and got *one* interview for basic corporate jobs in 8 months). Plus, the woman who was supposed to interview me worked from home that day and failed to tell me... I spent an additional 20 minutes at check-in due to this error.

At the store level, things are even worse. Management, department management, specialists, and regional managers all give conflicting reports and requirements. Every week - let alone every day - is more confusing than the last. Retail sucks, but come on...

Arbitrary decisions and no payroll to speak of... I'm glad I had a part-time job, but I'm equally glad to be out of here. – less
Good place to work if you're only interested in part-time
Peon (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Price Chopper is currently struggling to find balance between paying themselves and paying their employees. It's partially understandable in the current economy BUT their priorities are way out of whack. Their number one concern is the almighty dollar and the rest fall to the wayside. They are not hiring full-time unless you already have an in with – more... upper management. There is little to no room for growth and you will most likely be stuck in whichever position you entered into, or shifted around from department to department. – less
Fast paced, competetive environment that I thrived in and was promoted several times throughout my 8 year period with the company
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), PAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good salary, good benefits, working with the public
Cons: limited budgets, corporate changes daily, inconsistent direction from upper level management
I worked approximately 9-10 hour days, any day of the week as a member of senior store management, and commuted over an hour each way for work, depending on which store I was working in. I managed a team ranging from appx 55 - 90 teammates depending on the store volume and enjoyed the service aspect of the job, helping our customers feel like guests – more... and ensuring retention of customers and customer loyalty. I greatly enjoyed working with my team and developing teammates as well. The most difficult part of the job was, as the company began to struggle and lay offs began, the moral and corporate ethics suffered as a result. – less
Busy and Productive
cashier (Current Employee), Dunmore, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Working part time I am looking to expand my job experience and opportunity. I work very hard and am productive. Working as a cashier i am a personable friendly individual.
Good work environment, great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Glenmont, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: my manager was phenomenal, good hours
Cons: underwent several renovations and product changes throughout my years, made it a bit more difficult to learn entire new catalouges everytime i came home from college.
A typical day was working in the deli line serving customers meats and cheeses. I learned how to deal with customers of all sorts, working at a supermarket between a wealthy town and the city of Albany delivered various types of customers. It taught me that each customer deserves their own style of assistance and that not every customer is the same. – more... I learned there is no one style in which you can help a customer because each person is different. I learned to cope with co-workers whether I got along with them or not. I found ways to work well with all of my co-workers no matter the situation. The hardest part of the job was in fact dealing with co-workers who didn't get along, I never really had trouble with any co-workers but often sat third party to co-workers who didn't get along. I would find ways to seperate their duties so that they could perform their jobs without crossing paths too often. The most enjoyable part of the job was being given other tasks to perform. I took pride in the fact that my manager chose me to perform other duties because she knew I could perform those tasks and still find time to finish my daily duties. – less
Part time Job with flexibility
Customer service (Current Employee), Delhi, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: flexible during college attendance
Cons: part time, no benefits
A typical day includes problem solving for customers, attending to managers, distributors, and teammate needs. Cash handling large deposits of money and being accountable for company profit and payroll. Due to the job responsibilities, I learned excellent communication skills, organization, the importance of customer relations and confidence. The management – more... is divided on occasion which causes discrepancies in workplace rules, and customer relations. However the teammates collaborate to solve problems efficiently and provide excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency of scheduled hours, and the most enjoyable part is the feedback from customers, as it is generally positive. – less
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Menands, NYJanuary 16, 2014
I loved working at Price chopper. It was always busy and I enjoyed it, because I had the best customers. I was always fast and reliable. My coworkers were always supportive and I truly miss the environment.
Decent company that requires improvement
Part-Time Clerk (Current Employee), Oswego, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts
Cons: difficult to move up in.
I am still employed with Price Chopper Supermarkets and do not wish to write anything that may jeopardize my employment with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets, a subsidiary of The Golub Corporation is a regional grocery store chain that has 125+ stores in New – Read more

Price Chopper Supermarkets Photos