Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Fun work place
part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 25, 2017
Learned customer service skills
Learned how to handle cash
Most enjoyable is 15 min break
Hard part dealing with angry customer
Pros
Cons
Too many customers to handle
A for profit business
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MA 01752February 25, 2017
High turnover of employees, always have hope work will get better, workplace is somewhat chaotic, amusing moments among staff, management is all about the numbers
great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 24, 2017
So amazing, I mean what can I say this management is just so amazing. The coworkers are pretty awesome, its just a great experience.
bakery
Cake Decorator/Baker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 22, 2017
They treat there employee real bad the place is bad to work at!! I never will have people to work!! when they change manager things changes in the work place!!
Productive, friendly, and convenient environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOFebruary 21, 2017
I loved working as a cashier for Price Chopper. Sure there were some customers that made the experience not so fun but overall it was interesting to help those who needed it and make small talk to make their buying experience easy and painless so to speak. I would go back to work at Price Chopper if I wasn't moving out of state. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Flexible schedule and Great bosses
Cons
Having to leave your register to help customers find what they need may take time.
Work vs. Family
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leawood, MOFebruary 20, 2017
Price chopper was not my favorite first job. Although i loved the workers and the customers, I loved my family more. When you have family stuff going on and need to take off work at the last minute, you expect them to be okay with it but for some reason they weren't.
Decent Employment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 20, 2017
Friendly employees and manager's. They work with you if you are looking for any overtime hours. Clean and organized aisles. Clean bathrooms at all times.
Pros
Raises, overtime when asking for it
Lovely place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 19, 2017
I worked majority of my 4 years at Price Chopper as a Pharmacy Technician. The lead pharmacist is strict but fun to work with, and the other pharmacist are also really lovely to work for/with. The Price Chopper I worked for is no longer a grocery store, but the pharmacy is still there, and the pharmacist are still there. The hours here can very, as they have some employees that are long timers. Overall this was my favorite place to work, and I miss this job, and being a pharmacy technician.
Good job
Meat Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Carthage, NYFebruary 19, 2017
Opening up the meat room in the morning. Make sure custom cut meat case is full and prepared fresh daily. Also, keeping all shelves stocked with freshly cut meat. Closing the meat department down at night. Additionally cross trained in other departments to include Seafood, Bakery and Deli. Consistently available and called in for personnel shortages
Part time 25-35 hours per week
N/a
Produce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTFebruary 17, 2017
Enjoyed working in produce great learning experience. Great quality customer service . And a very safety conscience company to work for. WORKABLE HOURS were hard to come by and the frequent replacement of upper management made for a difficult environment to work in and for. the lack of respect the company gives to their part time employees is horrific.
Easy work in a good environment with friendly peers
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 17, 2017
I am happy with my job at price chopper but due to certain circumstances they no longer meet my needs financially and cannot provide me with adequate hours
Pros
Night job, friendly management
Cons
Not enough hours, low pay rate
Not the best job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  115 Temple Hill Road New Windsor Newyork 12553February 16, 2017
Price Chopper is not a job to be working at your whole life, they don't give you hours, though I enjoy the job and the people. The management is not great.
Poor leadership
Over night stocker (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 16, 2017
When I first started it was a great opportunity with room for growth or so it was said in orientation but for the first two years work was good and steady after many management personnel changed things changed and part timers suffered major cut in hours no matter how many years of service employees could count on no more then six hours a week.
Cons
Poor leadership
Price Chopper Pricing Department
Third Pricer (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, MOFebruary 12, 2017
Great people small department and hard work. Always working laughing and helping the departments intermingle and love to help each other out wonderful place to work wonderful people to meet
Cons
Staff I worked with great. Didnt care for the management.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTFebruary 8, 2017
They didnt respect my availability of work times that i set in place when I was first hired. I had little kids at the time and couldnt change on a whim.
Pros
fun to work there with staff
Cons
management tried to force work schedule that wasnt available
Good company benefits
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTFebruary 8, 2017
I have been employed with Price Chopper for 11 years and have been happy with the insurance, rate of pay and benefits. I am ready to move on and learn something new. Full time positions are hard to find in the Derby store due to low turn around rate.
Pros
Gas points from advantage care
Cons
Short staffed in departments
It's a decent place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTFebruary 8, 2017
I have been here almost 10 years and I enjoy the people I work with. The job is pretty straight forward. Benefits are lacking for people under 30 hrs.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Health care
Productive and Demanding Job
Team Leader Deli Dept. & Food Court (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Very busy work days. You are Continually doing something there are there are usually no lows in the day. You are there to do a job and produce product to sell. Management is tuff and the hardest part of the job for me disciplining employees. Most enjoyable part is the customers that you meet and the customers that are repeat customers that you may get to see frequently. That is when you know your doing something right when you see repeat customers.
Pros
Good pay in management
Cons
Very few Thank you's.
Nice place
Cashiering, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  119th metcalfFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at price chopper.coworkers were nice.customers were very nice and friendly.it was a good experience and I learned a lot of from them.i had fun.managers were very nice.it was one of my favorite places to work.i met a lot of amazing people
Terrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 6, 2017
They are unprofessional. They take advantage of their employees. They do not offer any higher positions or wages to cashiers. The managers are rude to not only employees but customers as well. They are infested with mice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location