Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 1,101 reviews matching the search
Productive, and Exciting
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work for me is new everyday; it really depends on how well a fellow associate completes a job before my job task. For me, it is important that I maintain excellence throughout all of my endeavors at work, and that I implement and perform them well.
Pros
Great scheduling and Management
Cons
No discounts on food for being an employee
Productive and fun place to work
Meat Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 21, 2017
Loved this job. Enjoyed going to work each day. I go to know each and every customer that frequented the price chopper that I was working in. I also developed relationships with many co workers.
Store Clerk & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJune 21, 2017
As a store clerk my job duties would vary, ranging from bagging groceries, stocking or facing merchandise, cleaning store floor and restrooms. As a cashier, I greeted customers, charged them for their grocery purchases using a Point-of-Sale register, and was responsible for the accuracy of my cash draw at the end of my shift.
Pros
Scheduled Breaks
Cons
No Benefits for Part Time
Not long term
Department Lead / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAJune 19, 2017
Great job for those who are students and need flexible hours, not something for a long term career. They do not hire full time unless you are management, and benefits come with averaging a certain amount of hours and years of working with the company.
price chopper
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New York StateJune 19, 2017
its fine if you are still a student and recieving an education but not someplace i would work forever. Good for a first job but don't get comfortable if you don't have to. in terms of getting a raise they have a max of what you can make and after you reach that point you receive a once a year raise. This raise is only 10 cents for the most part a year. So you can't live comfortably with what they pay.
Do not give any hours and over hire
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYJune 18, 2017
I was hired in March 2016 and have been working there for more than a year. I used to get about 12-20 hours a week while in high school and over the summer I would get 15-30. Now after coming back from college they have hired so many new kids that I only get 4-10 hours a week, if that. So I would not recommend working here unless you are not working as a cashier.
Pros
Cons
nothing free
I wouldent bother unless your are on hard time
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  MAJune 18, 2017
This company is bad, really, just dont work for price chopper. Unless your mangment you get NO PERKS, none, zero. No discounts, no tips, no respect. Mangment will throw you under the table as soon as they are at risk for anything. Constant revolving door of employes because people quit constantly. Rather higher kids for part time, leave all the good worker understaffed, over worked, with no benifits and dont offer them full time. Customers will constantly harrse you, the mangers will also harrse you, customers will complaint about everything from not smileing enough to not laughing at their bad jokes. Stores dont fix anything ever and are extreamly cheap. They wont ever pay for anything they dont have too, they wont pay to give hours to the workers who work the hardest and play favorites. Unless your at a rock bottom point in your life, are a exream masocist and just want to end your life, avoid at all costs.
Pros
If your a manager you get everything, but you will hate your life
customer service/florist
Cashier/Florist (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work is basically me staying at the front end working
with the public which is the best part of my job I like maintain the register bagging customers products I learned how to make floral/ balloon arrangements when I was transferred to the floral department the management at the workplace was great seeing I had many doctor visits and they understood me the workplace was great fellow employees were great to work with and management and other bosses were good people to work with
the hardest part of the job was learning how to make arrangements in floral I had no problems at front end
the most enjoyable was interacting with the customers
Pros
the public people I worked with
Cons
no healthcare
I felt like I was the only one working
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Potsdam, NYJune 15, 2017
Many people working with me stood around and talked and I picked up a lot of their slack and they got praised for my hard work. Customers tended to enjoy me better, and even complimented me to my supervisor but the supervisor still treated me like I wasn't a good employee.
Pros
close to home
Cons
short breaks, bad management
It's alright
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJune 15, 2017
The job wasn't hard at all. Easy tasks, just a routine culture that gets boring after a while. Tons of opportunity for advancement, you just have to be willing to move up in the workforce.
i made up floral arrangements and took orders for customers specifying certain special orders
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 15, 2017
i liked walking through the front door everyday because i knew what was expected of me on a daily basis.My supervisor was wonderful and was easy to get along with. i cleaned all areas of floral part of store, and dealt with alone holidays that were heavy in work loads.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
short hours
Very cutthroat, not relaxed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gardner, MAJune 14, 2017
Very cutthroat lifestyle, drama filled, customers just wanted free things and supervisors gave customers too much then blamed employees, people will go behind your back no matter what
Ok place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Slingerlands, NYJune 13, 2017
Price chopper was a good job. I was very grateful that i had the opportunity to move into a management position. They paid very well when one does move up. Otherwise, the compensation was average.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor management
Best work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 12, 2017
I love work here cuz they treat you like family they care about you...is fun work here and meet amazing people..the best store....and the quality is very good
okay place to work could be better
First Clerk (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 12, 2017
not the best management,company tries to focus on team work but makes it its last priority. only worry about themselves and dont acknowledge their teammates
Pros
money
Cons
stress
Artisan Baker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 11, 2017
I loved my job at Price Chopper, but the management that ran the bakery was hard to work with some days. I found that favoritism was definitely played a factor in what job assignments you got throughout any time you were employed there.
They were the best management I've ever had!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSJune 10, 2017
It was a fun place to be at everyone was super nice, Customers were great! I loved the owners of the store they were friendly and sociable. Employees made everyone feel like they were welcomed!
very stressful
F/T Floater pharmacist in state of Pennsylvania (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 9, 2017
very stressful & busy. support staff recently decreased & worked many hours alone which I did not particularly care for. It was nice closing the gate on pharmacy for lunch
working here was good for a start job.
Price Chooper/Market 32 (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYJune 8, 2017
Price chopper was a place to build experience and learn basic skills. the management isnt the greatest you do alot of independent work and learning. lots of customer service skills.
interesting/different
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 8, 2017
never had a day to complain always enjoyed working in the customer service area to help customers with paying their bills or conducting a transaction sending money or reciving money from a loved one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval