Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews in United States

Starter Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roeland Park, KS/ Kansas City, MOAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at Price Chopper, was busy. Dealing with different people and their moods at the time, was a bit overwhelming at times but I learned to cater to the customer wants and needs. The management was rocky, sometimes they were pleased with the way I would do my job, sometimes they just down right disapproved of the way I did things even though I got the job done at a faster pace, and got all the work done. The co-workers were pretty cool, we all got along, we worked well together. The most enjoyable thing about working at this company was meeting new people everyday.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
workloads
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 20, 2016
This company is a good compamy to work for the co workers are great along with all the managmentthey are all understanding and helpful always willing to help out each other
not that great anymore
perishable teammate in several departments. (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NY 13090August 19, 2016
I worked with this company for almost 2 years. i enjoyed what i did and had a great time. when it came time for the company to help me with my mental problems. My store manager didn't want a thing to deal with it. pushed me away from the idea of seeking help and just did what he could to avoid it. yeah i had chances and given slack. but the real problems i needed help to be dealt with. was not meant in any way. upon being fired. the whole situation was sour. i could have fought for my job but i did want to work there anymore. if you enjoy being over worked, taken advantage of or having none of you accomplishments go unnoticed. this is the place for you. just like working in high school basically.
Not a good work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTAugust 18, 2016
I had many scheduling issues and the management was poor. I was rarely scheduled to work and had very little communication with the management. Every time I worked we would be understaffed.
Not bad to start somewhere
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYAugust 16, 2016
Got my foot into the work force and showed me how to run a lot of different equipment along with being friendly and respectful to all customers
Pros
Always busy
Cons
Low hours
Great work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYAugust 13, 2016
I've loved working there gained a lot of confidence also everyone there is like family I've learned a place you work can feel like a second home there was nothing really hard about the job it was a very easy job as long as you follow the rules and regulations.
Pros
Gas points
Very Fantastic Work Place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  16 Ash Brook rdAugust 11, 2016
Very Energetic Workplace. Always love to show up to work early if I can. Customers and associates are all wonderful and have a great time bringing Happiness to the atmosphere.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 11, 2016
Price Chopper is a perfect place for work experience. They provide you with work ethic and structure. They are incredibly flexible and help with adjustments
It would be better with standard set hours instead of being called in and asked to leave early when you are near overtime statis.. Liked working there
Deli associate (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYAugust 1, 2016
was asked to do to many different job assignments in any given day, asked to stay late on a regular basis until you get close to overtime statis then they make you leave early.
Pros
Cons
no set work scheduele for parttime workers and no job security.
Great Company
Assistant food service/Deli department Manager (Current Employee) –  newington ctAugust 1, 2016
Great company to work for .Management stands by you and supports you .Advancement in positions is encouraged transfers are also encouraged. Life balance and work is supported.
benefits
Cons
staffing
just a work place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 30, 2016
jobs loose vaule of workers because people are easy to come by but I want a job that is consistence and appreciates my hard work ... they stated with okay hours and as time passed it was on and off im looking for a job with consistant amount of hours
Great company
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJuly 25, 2016
it's a good company to work for . Overall good people to work for . Nothing to complain about ice been there almost 4 years and have had a great experience
Thoroughly enjoyed learning this skill.
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NY 12414July 19, 2016
I actually miss working for this company. I really enjoyed being on my feet and the sense of completion when decorating the cakes.
Great pay. Company works great with people
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Spencer, MAJuly 19, 2016
Price chopper is a wonderful place to work.
A typical day there wasn't to busy but it can pick up. It was always manageable and everyone was wiling to help another if need be.
The management was well informed of things, and always up to help if there was a problem, Always good to talk to if there was a issue and would help to fix the problem. Made the working experiences much more enjoyable.
Other associates are also great, a lot are cross trained in the departments so everyone has a knowledge of the store, to help anyone who might need it, not matter what they are looking for.
The only downside was the lack of available hours to work, but besides that, the job is amazing to work at and be apart of
Pros
Great communication among management and associates. enjoyable work environment
Cons
Lack of hours to work. very short breaks. Low pay
Busy, but not entirely enjoyable
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Richfield Springs, NYJuly 18, 2016
While there is certainly enough to keep you busy and a good number of the staff are good folks, the management was outright rude and unpleasant at times. The work itself wasn't a problem, but it's not somewhere I'd want to go back to.
An amazing place to learn new work skills, and meet amazing people/
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHJuly 17, 2016
Price Chopper is one of the companies I've worked for. Not only are they professional, and easy to get along with. But they are the biggest family I have to this day. Whether it's work issues, home issues, friend and family issues, they are all their for you.

They take harassment complaints very serious, I always feel safe and welcome at Price Chopper.
Pros
Paid breaks, amazing people
Cons
Only 50 minutes of breaks (all together) for an 8+ hour shift
Cashier/Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJuly 15, 2016
Cashier at Price Chopper. Ringing and bagging customer's orders and general customer services. Hardest part of the job was the ridiculous scheduling of shifts, and lack of breaks on time or at all.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Working at times 9 days straight, 9 different shifts. Working very late, coming in the next day very early, breaks not on time if given at all.
Decent first time job, or a second job.
Cashier/Sacker (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 14, 2016
This job pays you weekly and is decently flexible with your schedule. The only downside is the management. Everyone thinks they are in charge.
Pros
Weekly Paycheck
Great Beginning Work Experience
Cashier and Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 13, 2016
Price Chopper was my first employer at the age of 18 and I stayed with them for 3 years. Due to the many changes Price Chopper were beginning to make I left. I enjoyed my work experience with Price Chopper and am appreciative of the things that I learned while I was there.
Its a retail job, but I like the people I work with.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJuly 13, 2016
Very flexible with hours when I am in school and I like the people I work with. the work can be boring and some people can drive you crazy, but its a retail job so you should expect that. I've worked for Price Chopper for almost 5 years now, and while I don't want to spend the rest of my life here, I can't really complain about the job and I don't hold any ill will towards the company.
Pros
co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location