Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Very friendly people, just struggled to find hours.
Sacker/Cart collector (Former Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Price Chopper it just had its a con or two. I enjoyed interacting with the customers and my coworkers. I was very versatile with the company. I was mainly a Sacker but sometimes I would go out and collect shopping carts and I was also take the trash back to the compacter. The hardest part about working here however was towards the end of my time with Price Chopper when my hours were cut. All in all I enjoyed my experience with the company.
Pros
Helping customers, and awesome supervisors.
Cons
Lack of hours
Terrible hours and they won't work with your home schedule
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYDecember 3, 2016
Asked them for one day that I couldn't work during the week and they denied it without even looking it over. I don't recommend trying to get a job here. They don't work with you or help you at all. They only enjoyable thing about the job was that you got to see people smile and the 15 minute break you got.
Cons
short breaks, don't work with you, very short hours.
Understanding managers that work with employees
Customer Service Clerk and Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYDecember 2, 2016
I really enjoyed working with Price Chopper Supermarkets. The management was very understanding and worked with their employees in regards to scheduling during school or appointments. While working at Price Chopper is gained a lot of customer service experience as well as cash handling experience. I learned ways to efficiently communicate to customers to resolve any issues or concerns. I quickly learned processes needed to perform the job. I was not satisfied with the ability to become full time and gain full time benefits including a higher compensation. Over all, I enjoyed working for Price Chopper.
Great place to work.
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYDecember 1, 2016
I come in early and set up my equipment for my shift. I've learned a lot from many great people over there. Management is excellent. I enjoy the job greatly.
Customer comes first NO matter what
PRICING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 1, 2016
I started at price chopper as a product stocker and was promoted to pricing thanks to my skills in computers.

Any grocery chain thrives on getting the maximum out of the minimum but Price Chopper was particularly distinctive.

All staff were required to help with the registers so customers could buy and leave quickly. This often felt like an excuse to only have 1-3 cashiers on hand at any one point of the day. Management often became upset that your work wasn't finished for the day.

With roughly 20 aisles and no plan layout it became a memory game as to where less obvious products were and finding one at a customers request could take upwards of 15-20 minutes, it was a disorganized mess.

Since every branch (deli, produce, bakery, etc) were on such pressure to sell their product the work environment was very competitive.
Pros
Customer interaction, Easily accessed lunch, camaraderie within teams
Cons
unreasonable requests, frustrating work environment, competitive team leads.
Very productive company, Customer satisfaction is very good!
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 1, 2016
A positive place to work! Full of opportunities to go higher in the field! I love how organized the organization is and the customers love there experiences!
Pros
Good pay and positive work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Low paying, entry level job with little company benefits.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYDecember 1, 2016
Good for a first job but would not stop looking for the next one. The management staff always want you to be available 24/7 with minimum of hours scheduled to work. Not family friendly.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed in participating with the price chopper family. I learned how to work with different people from different places. The management was great in that building. The people I worked with were great people. I enjoyed working with my team.
Not bad
Cashier/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 30, 2016
A good and secure place to work if you are responsible, however there is not much opportunity to be promoted and only part-time is allowed.
Cool
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 26, 2016
I thought working ay price chopper was a fun experience bit i had to leave because my mom was leaving the country and i went with her
I don't recommend for any other but part time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 23, 2016
I have been working at Price Chopper for a long time, I started out as a part time employee and worked my way up to management. Being a part timer the job was great, the work was hard work but it was relatively stress free as long as you showed up and did your job.

When I first started as management all was well. It was very stress free. Everything changed around February 2016, all of a sudden they refused to give out hours so all of our part time employees were cut to 25 hours a week, and on top of that no addition help was supplied to fill in for all of the hours we lost while at the same time the work load did not decrease.
Pros
its impossible to get fired
Cons
its impossible to fire people who cant carry their own weight, upper management is terrible and ignorant.
Great starter job
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13224November 23, 2016
Price Chopper is a great place to work to start off your job experiences. You have multiple placements with in Price Chopper where you can learn different skills. A typical day at work would be dealing with customers, good or bad. Co-workers usually get along well. The hardest part of the job could be the fast pace on the busiest days. The most enjoyable part would be meeting all different kinds of people and being able to interact with them daily.
Pros
Enviorment, Employees, Opportunities.
Cons
Short Breaks, Low pay raise
I already reviewed this
Food Court Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTNovember 23, 2016
this place is cool I thought co-workers were friendly easy to work with management was alright store was clean customers pretty decent.
Excellent
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glenmont, NYNovember 22, 2016
I enjoy working for pricechppoer just want to excel in my career. I learned alot about being a supervisor and had a definite 40 hours a week.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Short staff
hours and people
Stocker/Sacker (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 21, 2016
Good place to work for. Good hours, it was only a part-time job. I quit to accept a full time position. Would welcome going back if offered the opportunity.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
nothing
Great environment to work at.
HBC Manager/Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MONovember 17, 2016
My days consisted of ordering product, checking in product, putting up stock, daily paperwork, checking dates on product hanging tags and auditing. I learned to be a great Pricing Coordinator. The managers were a great team. Most Coworkers were great to work with. The hardest part was trying to lift heavy totes off the top of the pallet. I loved my hours.
Pros
Having weekends off.
Cons
Working long hours some days.
Big on Customer Service
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYNovember 16, 2016
Need to know good customer service
good place to work if you want to learn something
good long days for holidays
fun for all hard working people
Good Employer
Produce Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guilderland, NYNovember 14, 2016
The company is an ever growing company that does offer a good work environment. The upper management is offen pulled to deal w/ alternative issues, so the "smaller" dept issues do not get dealt with as frequent as they should
Pros
n/a
Cons
short staffed, management issues at times
Super friendly place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NHNovember 14, 2016
The people there are friendly and the enviroment is engaging. The only thing I don't like is the hours really drop off after the busy season. I kept the job anyway because I was learning new things and I otherwise enjoyed it.
Pros
Pay increases the longer you work there.
Cons
Mainly the hours
Horrible place to work
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12601November 11, 2016
Managers act inapropiately. No room for growth unless you throw other coworkers under the bus. Lots of work and under paid.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No over time

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location