Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 1,055 reviews matching the search
Not a bad place to start
Bakery Clerk/First Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMay 22, 2017
Good place to learn the basics of having a job, advancement is possible, but on their terms, which often do not line up with your interests. Management is stressed to the max, as payroll continues to be cut as a result of dropping sales due to corporate treating every store as if the same people shopped in all of them. Corporate is unresponsive to issues across chain, they seem to be happy with how things are going, even though it is pretty obvious it is a sinking ship. As I said before, it is a great place to start, but you will not want to stick around for more than a couple years at this point.
Pros
Benefits (whats left of them)
Cons
Stressful environment, unreasonable expectations (budget, payroll), Main Office is out of touch with store operations
A very authentic place to work
Typist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 21, 2017
Price Chopper was a very authentic, thorough place to work, and I found out about many different avenues of employment--customer service, reshopping, etc--were existing methods of employment,.
Pros
Talking with co-workers, etc
Cons
Short breaks
What it is.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa ksMay 18, 2017
There are good workers and there are not so good workers. Price chopper had a very unbalanced number of workers more leaning toward not so good workers.
Normal grocery work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYMay 18, 2017
Night shift (10PM - 6AM)

Great coworkers

Very Fair management

Works with you on scheduling(school, etc)

Pay is minimum wage with $1 overnight incentive
Good starting job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenmont, NYMay 18, 2017
Great first summer job to make some money and get some experience working with different people. As a first job, the starting salary was the minimum wage and did not increase much over my time there. Management is okay, but sometimes is too protective and can put high pressure on employees not to make mistakes, which happens as a result.
Pros
Good starting job, make good acquaintances
Cons
short breaks, pressure from management, low salary
front end cashier
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYMay 18, 2017
I worked as a cashier as well as a bagger as well as cleaner as needed lots of computer work as well as ring up items, bagging items, taking cards or cash greeting custermers.
Pros
Cons
no one on the same page
Laid back but there is work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 17, 2017
Typical shift was only around four hours, gathering carts and sweeping the floor and bagging groceries. I learned how to work quickly in short periods of time. They most enjoyable thing was the flexible shifts and management genuinely cared for customers/employees.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
work in cold/heat
Productive, interesting, warm environment, friendly
Front-End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NY 13126May 17, 2017
Enteracting with customers, How to work the register, management was okay, diverse, leaving, making customers laugh , enjoyable work place. Loved it.
Pros
Educational, warm environment
Cons
No health care
Productive start
Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYMay 17, 2017
It was a okay place to work. I liked the fact it gave me core values that i still take with me today. I don't necessarily take them to a new job but it is always great to have reference point and be able to say yes i see a major change and improvement.
Was too much work for what I got paid
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 16, 2017
Not enough hours and also they make u work every Holliday. plus they did not give you the bennifits they promised. Then the bosses didn't do there jobs at all. The employees​ were not team players they didn't work well with one another which effected the deli and made costomes mad for not good service over all it was not a good environment too be in as a working employee at Price chopper.For example alot of the crew shift would leave early and some of the employees would have too do there work and have too stay extra long to do there work or it wouldn't get done.
Pros
Free soda during shift
Cons
Short breaks
Store management was awful.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Ogdensburg, NYMay 16, 2017
The pharmacy was a great place to work, but the store management was awful. They did not allow proper training hours for educating pharmacy staff. The HR representative was a very mean person.
Pros
Great Pharmacy
Cons
Horrible HR staff.
Price chopper
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 13, 2017
Is great for a first job! It puts money in your pocket, and I was able to buy a car with all the money I've saved up and the managers are very helpful when somthing goes wrong or if your have any questions they are have to help.
Pros
Time goes by fast when it's busy
Cons
Standing still for hours
Decent company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMay 13, 2017
They're pretty flexible about the hours you want to work, but it's a retail job so your actual hours vary week to week so you never really know when you will be working.
Fast paced and Annoying
Front End Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMay 12, 2017
This job includes managing break times, handling money and grumpy customers, help-out services, also cashing checks and sending money away. And a tad bit of price changes.
Work you to the bone, won't pay
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYMay 12, 2017
The management of Price Chopper is only in it to see what money they can make, couldn't care less about the employees themselves. Minimal pay, maximum work, responsibilities.
amazing place to work
Cashier/Customer Service, stocker, supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMay 11, 2017
This was a great job. Everyone was amazing, the workers, managers and the supervisors were all very fair on all aspects. I sometimes did stock, I sometimes went to other departments to work. Mostly I was a cashier.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMay 11, 2017
Management was great when I first started working there, went down hill as the years went on. Learned how to do Product Inventory. Hardest part of the job, was dealing with rude customers.
Not a horrible place to work, coworkers are very nice
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Catskill, NYMay 10, 2017
While customers can be difficult, management and coworkers make it bearable and sometimes enjoyable. They are very flexible with your schedules so it is a great job for those still in school or with a busy family life.
Working for there company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 9, 2017
I liked working at price rite the only down fall was them not working with me for sick time they did work with ne on mother hours but they also made me work every weekend.
Pros
5 hour shifts and worked with my schedule
Cons
Clock out for 15 min breaks
Customer Satisfaction
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Webster, MAMay 8, 2017
Typical day - very busy
What I learn - to respect my team and customers
it is rewarding to complete each task at hand, or make a customer happy by helping them find the item they need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location