Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Price Chopper Bakery!
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYOctober 17, 2017
The bakery was the first place I was hired at with the Price Chopper company! All of the staff at the time were nice and friendly and I even learned a thing or two on baking!
Good work, lousy pay and hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAOctober 15, 2017
The job itself was a good easy going fast paced job. But they pay weird and the hours fell off after the first few weeks. Workers doing the same jobs get paid different amounts for some reason or another.
Pros
Work Eviroment
Cons
Hours, Wages
Great Work Experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTOctober 14, 2017
I was employed by Price Chopper throughout high school and during periods in college. I was actually awarded a scholarship through their academic/work achievement program. I am forever grateful for the experience they afforded me and continue to correspond with friends I made during my time there.
I did not enjoy my experience working as a baker at Price Chopper
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOOctober 13, 2017
The reason I gave this job a bad review is because they do not treat their employee's well. They made everyone who was not in a management position work anywhere from 21-35 hours a week so they could not be seen as full time employees and were not eligible for benefits. Constentino's Price Chopper in Pleasant Hill Bakery department shares a freezer with frozen goods and the organization is horrible. They were not sufficiently staffed and I worked during holiday season and was often asked to work a double to cover for employee's who did not come into work.
Pros
discounted deli prices
Cons
lack of organization and respect for employees.
worst place ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Slingerlands, NYOctober 13, 2017
This has been the worst job I have ever had the bosses didn't care about there workers and all they cared about was meeting there requirements and they would get mad about ot
Typical
Customer Service Associate, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 10, 2017
This is a typical retail type of job. The hours are not guaranteed, it can be very fast paced and stressful, and management is a hit or a miss. You usually just make minimum wage. It can help pay the bills but it's not a company I believe in.
Pros
annual raise, sick time, vacation time after 2 years
Cons
stressful, long periods of time on your feet, low pay
Boring minimum wage highschool job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAOctober 10, 2017
Price Chopper was very busy on the weekends, yet they did not give me enough hours even though I worked there for 4 years. Front end management turned over very often.
Pros
Free Starbucks drinks often
Cons
Bad managemnt
not a great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gouverneur, NYOctober 10, 2017
The environment is that of a high school . Full of drama and favoritism. It seems like they give everyone manager numbers but the people who have worked there the hardest and longest. I wouldn't work there anymore if i didn't have to for insurance.
good place to work
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 9, 2017
competitive work, and fair pay for the hours, they like to take care of the customer first always. it is a fast paced work environment, like to be clean.
rotisserie
lead rotisserie chef (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYOctober 9, 2017
very little pay
produce as much as possible with as few employees to help
then replace all foods in case within an hour due to production standards.
get no recognition of excellence.
be treated like an idiot when freezer doors fall off the hinges and you try to get someone to fix it so their merchandise doesnt spoil..
(told to just keep the door closed)... but still do my job.
Review
Utility Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2017
A typical day is pretty easy not too hard. I learned disicpline and hard work, the management isn't that great, workplace culture is fast paced and easy moving, hardest part is pushing carts
Acceptable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTOctober 6, 2017
I enjoy working at price chopper it makes me feel like a member of the community. I interact with my customer and assist them with a friendly a accurate customer service. I make them feel welcomed and satisfied. They leave content and eager to come back and visit our store. Its a pleasure being an employee at this company.
Pros
Income
Cons
lack of work
pricechopper
stocker (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYOctober 6, 2017
it was ok the managers didn't treat me very well they weren't paying me what that said they were the work was easy got really good at it wasn't bad all the time but the managers didn't treat me well
good starter job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, NYOctober 5, 2017
Slower paced compared to other pharmacies. Better staffed then other pharmacies. Great place to get your foot in the door. Really depends on what pharmacist your working with, sometimes it can be really stressful.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 3, 2017
cashiering and bagging dealing with customers complaints learning to make friends some were very friendly.. also bagging and putting the grocerys in their cart.. learned a lot of new stuff..
Pros
brought my own food
Cons
not long enough breaks
Fun and simple
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 2, 2017
The managers are great and caring. They really bend to accommodate difficult scheduling needs. They also are very good at working with you to help you improve instead of simply firing when a person struggles.
Ok if you really need a job
CASHIER/FRONT END SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYOctober 2, 2017
Price chopper is a fast paced work environment during peak seasons. During the winter, it is slow paced. It can be very stressful at times. I would recommend only working here if you absolutely have to!
Horrible.
Produce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, NYOctober 2, 2017
Price Chopper does not pay well or have good employee moral. The company seems to be going under. Would not recommend working here. Store managers get paid well, but long hours.
Fun face pace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 30, 2017
I enjoyed working for Pricechopper But I wasn't to able to advance to the open schedules full timers must have. Great first job. Great way to meet and help people
fun place to work
Seafood professional/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYSeptember 30, 2017
i worked seafood, so i cooked prepped and met seafood needs with people became a seafood professional pretty fast. i also did maintenance i had to get carts and clean bathrooms

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.