Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 1,171 reviews matching the search
place where workers are pitted against each other
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYAugust 15, 2017
poor place to work managers have hit lists of employees(full time) to get rid of. If a person has worked there for several decades their work can't be all that bad. its the money, the greed and the lack of kindness and decency that sets them apart. bullying is mentioned in commercials and how they are against it. there is no greater bullying than in the stores. Managers scream at workers in front of customers and tell workers they are on the hit list. professionalism doesn.t exist . the most enjoyable part of the job punching out.
Pros
other workers
Cons
management
A nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYAugust 14, 2017
I really had no problem working at price chopper I the hours were negotiable the people were friendly and the customers were usually more knowledgeable than I was in the store so they definitely have repeated business
Pros
Breaks every two hours
Cons
On your feet all day
not a good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYAugust 14, 2017
cashed people out, got carts when needed and helped with bottle returns, customers very rude, okay staff, very unorganized company. don't give you a chance to advance in positions, get treated poorly.
It was fine
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carthage, NYAugust 14, 2017
It was ok, the boss was never around and always acted like she was always on this high horse and kept her nose pointed high. The customers were good other than a couple mean people here and there.
Stay Away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2017
This job made me want to hang myself. The management was a joke, they always asked for people to do things WAY out of their job description, there was no organization, it was like a wild zoo or jungle, just a messy disaster of chaos and hideousness.
Pros
Being paid weekly
Cons
Management, disorganized, ask for too much, too extra.
Serious and productive workplace that is very time manageable with fast pace work
Food Service Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAAugust 11, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my job is having a good team and willing to work hard. As a hard worker, I emulate anyone who works just as hard. Working hard is the key to success. When you want something you salvage it and take full control in what you really want in your career.
Pros
Free Lunches/Work Parties
Cons
Payroll
productive and fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYAugust 10, 2017
fast paced and busy department..many job duties required to make it through the day..management is helpful when busy and when needed..fun environment to work in
Baker/ decorator (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOAugust 10, 2017
poor team leadership. Never having weekends off. Fluctuating hours.
No room for advancement. Employees showed little encouragement for education or advancement with the company
Pros
Part time
Cons
poor management
Years of mistreatment
Food Service (Current Employee) –  SaratogaAugust 9, 2017
Very poor managment you can work your a** off and they don't appreciate anything and do not compensate for anything poor place too work
No employee discount for lunch and they throw some much food away every hour of the day but can't afford to feed employess who cook the f**king food only wanna pay 10 and hour but expect you to run the place while mamagmemt sits back on theyre lazy a**
F*ck pchop
Short staffed evem when its busy its just crazy this whole company is ran poorly
This place is not where you want to work
Pros
......i cant think of any honestly
Cons
Too many to list
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYAugust 9, 2017
the managers are awesome to work with. I work in the meat department and every day goes through like a breeze, you have nothing to worry about. l love it but i need new opportunity
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no free lunches
good work place
Grocery Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mechanicville, NYAugust 7, 2017
It was a good workplace. I only worked part time so I didn't receive benefits of any kind, but I didn't expect it. Management was ok. There is more room for advancement if you are full time I think.
Pros
pretty easy to get time off
Cons
short breaks, ok management
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTAugust 7, 2017
The culture is one of passive hostility, good workers quit because management will not manage the environment. vested employees remain because there is no consequence for their actions.
Brad Kocick
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYAugust 6, 2017
Price Chopper, is a good place to work people are kind and customers are easy to handle, but they give lack of hours to every employer they have......
Pros
People get along
Cons
Lack Of Hours
hectic atmosphere at times
Floral Designer and cashier (Former Employee) –  Vails Gate, NYAugust 6, 2017
Arrive at 7:00 am and do shrink, water plants and go over orders for the day. I would complete orders for delivery and send out orders to other florists for customers. I would interact with the customers and help out in other departments if needed. I loved to the customers and had a very good relationship with many. I worked well with others.
Pros
customers
Cons
payscale
fast paced
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAAugust 6, 2017
The associates are great to work with, management team was easy to work with. You get to enjoy and share all the holidays and festive seasons with the customers and coworkers. Making new friends everyday.
made new friends, but didn't like one of my bosses
Front End Associate / Bakery and Bagel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NYAugust 5, 2017
the job was ok, but one of the bosses I had in the bakery department wasn't the nicest one. there were times when he would make it hard for anyone to get along with him
Pros
good working atmosphere
Cons
hours and pay weren't the best
A good place to start for a first job
Customer service and relations (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAAugust 4, 2017
Its a good start for any teen who needs a job and has to start somewhere. I was first a cashier and through good work and always going above and beyond what was needed of me in a few short months I was asked to work the Service Desk. So if you really work hard and want to move up the managers will take notice of your work, but if that's not your thing then they will happily keep you for more hours if you want it.
Good company
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYAugust 3, 2017
Well organized pharmacy team. The staff for the pharmacy management is small but very efficient and focused on future growth and development. They are on the cutting edge or new trends in pharmacy
Tedious work place
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 3, 2017
same thing every day, will never change begins to feel as if you've touched the same jar of peanut butter for weeks straight. No matter how well you do, management will always find something to complain about within your work
It wasn't an awful place to work.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYAugust 2, 2017
My manager was good at her job, but my assistant manager was not that great. Depending on who I worked with it was a good day. The hardest part of the job was probably having to clean the deli while still taking food orders.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location