Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Review

View all Price Chopper Supermarkets reviews

Terrible place to be right now
Produce Clerk p/t (Former Employee) –  Guilderland, NYMarch 20, 2014
The only good thing about this position was that I made some friends in my store. You can meet great people who make the job bearable, if not entertaining.

I worked as a part timer in NY for over 8 years. In that time I've witnessed a steady downward spiral in terms of management and priorities.

Capable employees who want to succeed are seemingly kept away from higher positions (I have two graduate degrees and got *one* interview for basic corporate jobs in 8 months). Plus, the woman who was supposed to interview me worked from home that day and failed to tell me... I spent an additional 20 minutes at check-in due to this error.

At the store level, things are even worse. Management, department management, specialists, and regional managers all give conflicting reports and requirements. Every week - let alone every day - is more confusing than the last. Retail sucks, but come on...

Arbitrary decisions and no payroll to speak of... I'm glad I had a part-time job, but I'm equally glad to be out of here.

Other Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Good Honest work
Assistant Manager Seafood Department (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYNovember 20, 2017
Everyone knows everyone. You get out what you put in. As long as you meet your numbers and make customers happy there is nothing not to like about working for price chopper.
Unable to advance
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 20, 2017
Working as a pharmacy technician at Price Chopper is very fulfilling but there are not enough hour available nor is there room for advancement. If your looking for a part time job this is a great place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.