Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Better hours would be nice and more benefits overall its a good company to work for. I enjoy it. And hope to spend more time there
Price chopper
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJanuary 17, 2017
i would help bag grocery an run the cashier an if i couldn't run the cashier than would push the carts out in the front to the right spot an organize them correctly i love seeing new faces at the price chopper here everyone there was great an fun to talk to.
Price Chopper
Meat Wrapper (Current Employee) –  Massena, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Fill the meat case, break down the load for that day, wrap and cut fresh meat for the case. Work out Cold Cuts and the Frozen Meat section.
Great Company
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 12, 2017
Its grocery. Everyday is sporadic. I definitely learned perception is the key to everything. I also learned that hard work, whether it's noticed or unnoticed, is ALWAYS noticed in the end. Everyone I encountered was simply AMAZING. Management can be tough sometimes but that's because they want their team and everyone to excel in every aspect. The hardest part of the job was when the overnight cashier calls out and you have to stay as the supervisor after working an 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built with my regular customers. Knowing that people would come in and ask specifically for you or even bring you dinner during your closing shift made the toughest situation worth every moment.
Madhouse to work in
bagel maker (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Management isn't very understanding about school/how your living/if you're making enough money to survive/other personal issues. Its all about business and if you start to slip they'll eventually find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
worked alone, didn't have to ask to use the bathroom
Cons
coworker were awful, managers don't know how to run their departments
Fun place to work, but located in a bad area.
Front End Teammate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13224January 11, 2017
I loved my experience working there, the customers were too much to handle though. The hours weren't very good but the managers were so nice and tried very hard to give us the best hours we could get.
Great place to work and grow
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJanuary 11, 2017
I started at Price Chopper as a customer service representative. Then shortly after was given the opportunity to apply for the Front End Supervisor position and was promoted to that position. I was then given the opportunity to apply for a Customer Service Team Leader position and was promoted to that position. Working and growing at Price Shopper is all what you make it to be. It is a company with training programs ect you can accomplish your dreams.
Pros
Great team
Cons
On a manager prospective - more hours for scheduling.
Great Beginners Job
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 10, 2017
This job is great for high school graduates looking for work experience or trying to earn some money. The range of different possible departments to work in makes it easy to get experience in an area you enjoy.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities
Barely part time hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, NYJanuary 8, 2017
The thing I did not like about working at Price Chopper was the inability for any one who hadn't been with the company for a long time to get more than 20 hrs a week. Most weeks the only way I got any where near 20-30 hrs was to work in more than one department. If I wanted more than 25-30 hours I had to be on call to cover anyone who may have called out. Not only is this frustrating trying to make a living but it also leads to fewer people really knowing their job, not just the bare minimum to get by.
This JOB was okay.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2017
I had this job in high school so it was a good fit while I was in school. The job was easy and enjoyable because the people I worked with me had issues with the management because they has to keep looking for management.
Would recommend to work there
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 6, 2017
Great place to work. Great environment to work in. Easy to move up in the company. Hours are decent to work. Easy work for decent pay. Would recommend to work for long term.
Decent job but plenty of heavy lifting involved.
Produce Team Mate (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Expect a lot of hard work for average wages. My direct manager hired me specifically for my larger build as a male. Oh and you will certainly learn to despise sales on potatoes and corn. We restocked nearly a pallet a day of these items when they were on sale.
Employees Treatment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 5, 2017
I enjoy working at price chopper, however i do not like the very low amount of scheduled hours. I have a daughter, and some weeks ill work 20-30 hours and other weeks i will only be scheduled one day. Inconsistency in the work place is a no go for me, i have bills to pay and responsibilities.
Quick work, always needing to find something to do.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Watervliet, NYJanuary 4, 2017
It was a great job, I worked with really friendly people. I liked doing Maintenance, but I would have loved to do cashier more but this was the only position that they had open at the time.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
The manager of the store didn't really listen when I spoke with him about issues.
Management was not the best
Front End Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  schenectady, new yorkJanuary 4, 2017
Coming to work was stressful. Price chopper's management team was unprofessional. They would update the system, for example how to do WIC checks and they would not tell us employees. It was very unprofessional overall.
Great Job for the Right Person
First Clerk Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NHJanuary 4, 2017
I happened to be in management, so there wasn't too much flexibility with time off, especially during the holidays, as I worked in a destination town, but for the most part I had a pretty steady schedule. When everyone works hard, the days go by quick. The hardest part of the job was the hours, as I was mainly scheduled nights and weekends, and as a mother of three kids, it was difficult to spend quality time with them. The best part of the job were the friendships I made while there, as we all worked really well as a team, even under the hardest of pressure.
Fun place to work
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Fun place to work
Amazing supervisors
Amazing co workers
Amazing atmosphere
Loved working there
Love working in customer service
Great location
Laid back environment
Producer
Producer (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work at . Always comply with scheduling. Most enjoyable about the day is that you can get in and get out.hardest part is how cold it is working. Over all great working environment.
Good place and good people
Food Preparation, customer service (Current Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone who works there is great. Never had a bad experience while I have been working here. Would recommend as a first time job.
Good experience for a first time job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOJanuary 1, 2017
It helped me build on the skills that I learned working at the school store. The only draw backs of working at Price Chopper are the varying customer flow and the varying climates.
Pros
Experience with people skills
Cons
inconsistent shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.