Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

fun and hard work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYDecember 7, 2016
a day at work
I have learn to treat people right
to talk to customers and help them
and help seeing eye dogs
helping customersgiving toiurs
working with people
A Great Company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYDecember 7, 2016
During my time working with this company many of the managers are flexible. They are determined to help find a position that best fits your needs.

My typical day would be to show up an hour early to sit in the parking lot and relax before going into work. Doing my assigned task at night with the help of other associates and managers on the job. When situations with customers occurred my managers would take care of the situation.

The hardest part of the job is going almost 6 hours straight without a lunch but that only occurred few times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the customers and co-workers.
Pros
Learning is always a great experience
Cons
no overtime is ever accepted.
It as an OK place to work.
Assistant Manager Food Service (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTDecember 6, 2016
The company itself is a great company. The management however sucks. I worked there for ten years and can't even could t how many times I came home upset and crying. The management likes to bully there associates and treat them in a way that is so unprofessional
Not all the departments are lime this but there are a couple including some store managers.
Price chopper futures
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYDecember 6, 2016
Ive found thru working here that it is a great place to work for but that at the same time most of my co workers in my age group are there as a bridge job they are in school to be advance there job situations i also would like to find my career job at $10 tho nice its not suitable for a family man like myself long term but at the same time i am a hrd worker and will give them my all no matter the time frame to find my career job
Fun work place and very protective
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 5, 2016
Enjoyed going to work could of had more hours each week but never had problems with anything. Very protective always busy with customers making sure they found everything they needed .
Pros
Weekly pay and employees
Cons
Break time and hours
working for price chopper
Bakery/Seafood Team member (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 5, 2016
price chopper supermarkets is a respectable company, I felt accepted and was treated fair.
the environment was familiar and I got to know the customers as they were familiar . I would work there again.
Productive and friendly workplace with events that allow use to get free luncheons
Cashier and Price Changer (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NY 13601December 5, 2016
I had been working for Price Chopper for a year and one month, and with that time period I grew very fund of the company and the people. From start to finish that place was like family to me. If I had the chance to go back I would. My management and supervisors always gave me the motivation and great jobs I deserve. Overall the Price Chopper Store made coming to work enjoyable and fun and all customers where treated nicely and well.
Pros
Luncheons to show appreciation to staff, worked with your availability, and free food when customer gave staff a six star rating.
Cons
Not enough hours
great highschool parttime job- not career
Customer Service Associate - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montrose, PADecember 5, 2016
i loved working at price chopper. i enjoyed communicating with the public. the downside to this job was that it didnt pay very well so its not a good career. also, the management that did the weekly scheduling did not follow the guidelines of anyone's availability and were constantly messing up the schedule and having to start over completely at the last minute after it had already been posted. and it was inconsistent. one week you would have 5 hours, the next week you could be working 30+ hours. so it wasnt reliable for any of the adult employees.
Very friendly people, just struggled to find hours.
Sacker/Cart collector (Former Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 3, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Price Chopper it just had its a con or two. I enjoyed interacting with the customers and my coworkers. I was very versatile with the company. I was mainly a Sacker but sometimes I would go out and collect shopping carts and I was also take the trash back to the compacter. The hardest part about working here however was towards the end of my time with Price Chopper when my hours were cut. All in all I enjoyed my experience with the company.
Pros
Helping customers, and awesome supervisors.
Cons
Lack of hours
Terrible hours and they won't work with your home schedule
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYDecember 3, 2016
Asked them for one day that I couldn't work during the week and they denied it without even looking it over. I don't recommend trying to get a job here. They don't work with you or help you at all. They only enjoyable thing about the job was that you got to see people smile and the 15 minute break you got.
Cons
short breaks, don't work with you, very short hours.
Understanding managers that work with employees
Customer Service Clerk and Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYDecember 2, 2016
I really enjoyed working with Price Chopper Supermarkets. The management was very understanding and worked with their employees in regards to scheduling during school or appointments. While working at Price Chopper is gained a lot of customer service experience as well as cash handling experience. I learned ways to efficiently communicate to customers to resolve any issues or concerns. I quickly learned processes needed to perform the job. I was not satisfied with the ability to become full time and gain full time benefits including a higher compensation. Over all, I enjoyed working for Price Chopper.
Great place to work.
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYDecember 1, 2016
I come in early and set up my equipment for my shift. I've learned a lot from many great people over there. Management is excellent. I enjoy the job greatly.
Customer comes first NO matter what
PRICING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 1, 2016
I started at price chopper as a product stocker and was promoted to pricing thanks to my skills in computers.

Any grocery chain thrives on getting the maximum out of the minimum but Price Chopper was particularly distinctive.

All staff were required to help with the registers so customers could buy and leave quickly. This often felt like an excuse to only have 1-3 cashiers on hand at any one point of the day. Management often became upset that your work wasn't finished for the day.

With roughly 20 aisles and no plan layout it became a memory game as to where less obvious products were and finding one at a customers request could take upwards of 15-20 minutes, it was a disorganized mess.

Since every branch (deli, produce, bakery, etc) were on such pressure to sell their product the work environment was very competitive.
Pros
Customer interaction, Easily accessed lunch, camaraderie within teams
Cons
unreasonable requests, frustrating work environment, competitive team leads.
Very productive company, Customer satisfaction is very good!
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 1, 2016
A positive place to work! Full of opportunities to go higher in the field! I love how organized the organization is and the customers love there experiences!
Pros
Good pay and positive work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Low paying, entry level job with little company benefits.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYDecember 1, 2016
Good for a first job but would not stop looking for the next one. The management staff always want you to be available 24/7 with minimum of hours scheduled to work. Not family friendly.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed in participating with the price chopper family. I learned how to work with different people from different places. The management was great in that building. The people I worked with were great people. I enjoyed working with my team.
Not bad
Cashier/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 30, 2016
A good and secure place to work if you are responsible, however there is not much opportunity to be promoted and only part-time is allowed.
Cool
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 26, 2016
I thought working ay price chopper was a fun experience bit i had to leave because my mom was leaving the country and i went with her
I don't recommend for any other but part time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYNovember 23, 2016
I have been working at Price Chopper for a long time, I started out as a part time employee and worked my way up to management. Being a part timer the job was great, the work was hard work but it was relatively stress free as long as you showed up and did your job.

When I first started as management all was well. It was very stress free. Everything changed around February 2016, all of a sudden they refused to give out hours so all of our part time employees were cut to 25 hours a week, and on top of that no addition help was supplied to fill in for all of the hours we lost while at the same time the work load did not decrease.
Pros
its impossible to get fired
Cons
its impossible to fire people who cant carry their own weight, upper management is terrible and ignorant.
Great starter job
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13224November 23, 2016
Price Chopper is a great place to work to start off your job experiences. You have multiple placements with in Price Chopper where you can learn different skills. A typical day at work would be dealing with customers, good or bad. Co-workers usually get along well. The hardest part of the job could be the fast pace on the busiest days. The most enjoyable part would be meeting all different kinds of people and being able to interact with them daily.
Pros
Enviorment, Employees, Opportunities.
Cons
Short Breaks, Low pay raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.