Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 1,220 reviews matching the search
it was alright
cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working here everything was face paced which I loved the customers and the hours you practically made your own hours there everything was online based so the had a dashboard where you went to ask for time off or check your schedule
Stressful workplace
Customer Service & Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Stressful job with not enough reliable workers and management of the store and company isn't the best. Customers can be difficult. Advancement in this company is not worth it.
Great Balance
Sales Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Price Chopper is very great for students who are attending school. Price Chopper allows flexible hours and will give you time to leave and go off to college, but come back on breaks.
fun place to work
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Cicero, NYSeptember 18, 2017
good company to work for. worked there for 18 year, started as a bagger and cart boy in 1999. Price Chopper pays extremely well to their manager staff
Ok
Seafood Manager (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTSeptember 17, 2017
Productive and busy. No time to stand around and do nothing. They expect you to give 100% and nothing less. Customer service is key. Make sure to follow the policy’s and procedures.
Pros
They have good benefits
Cons
Sometime your by your self for periods of time
Good management and employees
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Webster, MASeptember 16, 2017
Good job to have while in highschool or just looking for a decent job to make some money.. compensation isnt great aand advancement opportunities arent ideal.... my day as deli clerk consisted of taking customer orders and completing them in a timely manner as some times were more rushed than others.. cleaning equipment and department also taking trash out at the end of the night
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low compensation and advancement
stocker
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Granville, NYSeptember 12, 2017
a typical day at work and learned customer service and
management. the hardest part was it was part time and

never made enought of money here. I wanted to learn.
Great job
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with all my co workers, management was great to me. Enjoyed helping customers out. All employees worked together in helping each other out.
Pros
Working with customers and employees
Cons
Always short staffed
Dairy/Grocery (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NYSeptember 11, 2017
the people there are really nice and easy going, the work is none stop always something to do the pay is not that great but hours where good boss was good to the people.
Pros
30 min
Cons
too 15 min
Cake Decorator/Baker (Former Employee) –  Chenango Bridge, NYSeptember 10, 2017
I worked for Price Chopper for 24 years. I was a meat wrapper, a seafood manager and then I worked in the bakery. I learned many skills working for this company and the benefits were great. I relocated to Pennsylvania and Price Chopper wouldnt let me keep my full time position in the Pa. Store closest to me so I left and took a job at Giant Martins.

Want to know more about Price Chopper Supermarkets?

Ask a question
not enough hours were available
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHSeptember 8, 2017
I was told that I would be working a certain amount of hours each week and that was true in the beginning but as time went on my hours kept getting cut and I had bills to pay.
Pros
good people
Cons
lack of hours
Fun working with co workers
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 7, 2017
Management is bad business spreads to much around store manager doesn't see requirements as needed most of my co workers are fun to work with hen they have their good sides
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Stressful environment with unfair management
Deli Teammate/Barista (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MASeptember 6, 2017
I felt overused without the proper compensation for my efforts. I constantly encountered problems with management as while I was a barista at Price Chopper, the management changed roughly 4 times, and each time the manager was less qualified than any barista working there at the time.
Cons
Unpaid lunches, short breaks, unpaid time off, difficult management
It worked for my family
Department Manger (Former Employee) –  Various locations throughout VT, NH, MASeptember 6, 2017
I don't understand why it is required for me to write a review for a place I worked 10 years ago. Not sure what else to say - trying to come up with 20 more required characters.
pros cons
Customer Service SPV/Bookkeeping Admin (Former Employee) –  Roeland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2017
great people you can advance but your pay doesn't match how much you advance. great job for teens not for an adult trying to pay bills.hardest part is when it is understaffed and you do hard work for little pay
fast paseand stressful
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  E Greenbush, NYSeptember 6, 2017
I was my manager tom fox right hand but didn't get paid for the stress and responsibility I had. I worked there 8 years thinking that was going to be what I was going to do the rest of my life .... I'm grateful I on another path and found my calling in sales!
Pros
my regular costumers
Cons
low pay
Fast-paced environment, but manageable.
Front End Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Checking customers out of the store. Processing all payments and answering any questions that they had about certain things. If the manager/supervisor had something for us to do, she would politely ask us to do certain things around the store. The easiest part about the job was restocking shelves with groceries. The hardest part would have to be doing certain payments.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday, flexible hours
Cons
No paid days off, short breaks
nice place to work
Floral Clerk (Acting Manager) (Former Employee) –  Palatine Bridge, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Price Chopper is a wonderful starter job. There is advancement but it is limited however. The pay is competitive and there are benefits but it is still a tad low. Overall the management is great and it is great to get your feet wet if it is your first job.
Minimum wage work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 4, 2017
It's working for minimum wage in retail. The work can be stressful, customers can be annoying, and you work weekends and holidays. During my time there the only saving grace were my two managers, who were two of the hardest working people in the entire store.
one of the best companys i ever worked for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 4, 2017
price chopper is thr best company i've ever ben a part of .it help me alot..i have nothing but good things to say about price chopper. i like that it is a grate company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location