Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 1,142 reviews matching the search
Always picking up the slack for other employees that didn do their job
Front end - maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 25, 2017
Good place for high school and college kids to work. Management does work with your schedule. If your a good worker though you get taken advantage off
Not the best place to work as a single mother
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 25, 2017
Schedules can be unpredictable and you are not guaranteed hours that are consistent. Too many social cliques. Was decent through for having a little extra income while getting through school.
Friendly team members
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYJuly 25, 2017
I have mainly learned how to communicate with customers, and how to handle stressful situations. On a daily basis I will encounter someone who is not having the best day, so I learn how to talk to them, and greet them with a smile despite being treated rudely. That is the most enjoyable part of the job, making someones day by simply asking them how they are!
Place of excruciating agony.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTJuly 24, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of being neglected by Managers.
I learned the helpful skill of managing a cash register.
Nothing hard or enjoyable while working here.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
18 years at price chopper
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 24, 2017
i had worked at Price Chopper for my whole career so far in those 18 years I did almost every job from being a cashier right up to assistant grocery manager, I have held a lot of different responsibities and have learned so many different things to make the business succeed
It is fast paced and you have to work hard.
Floor Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYJuly 24, 2017
I cleaned the entire store and kept it clean.There was always something to do. It was not a boring job..The manager was rude to me so I looked for another job.
Pros
Chance for advancement
Cons
Short breaks and decent pay.
Busy and stressful.
Front end/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYJuly 24, 2017
I did not enjoy my time at price chopper. Management had me doing work outside of my job description. We often went long hours before breaks. Customers were rude .
Pros
Cons
stressful
A year at Price Chopper
teammate (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJuly 24, 2017
Working in food production/selling food is not in my work history. I did not like the hours. Had a second job part time with more hours and better pay; had conflict with misunderstandings. Cleaning of bathrooms mainly.
Pros
working with guys
Cons
4 hour shifts
Decent place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, VTJuly 23, 2017
Open availability a must in order to advance or get any hours. Must be good with customers. Compensation is good once you get into management. Would recommend
Ok
Cashier/ Front End (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTJuly 22, 2017
It was my first job and it was a good job. There are a lot of good benefits after working there for at least a year and pay is pretty decent for a grocery store. There is plenty of opportunities to move up in the company if they approve you and after 2 interview sessions. They treat their employees fairly and with respect for the most part. Some of the specialists that come in for certain departments can be overly picky and rude to the employees if one little thing is out of place or isn't pulled forward.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 22, 2017
This company is very cooperative with their working, and employees. It has great value of equality. I recommend this company one of the good place to work their especially if you are college student.
Place to work for high shchool students
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NYJuly 21, 2017
not the best place to work market 32 would be better. they don't know how to treat their employees no ones gotten a raise in 5 years have to fight for something your suppose to receive
great people, unfair attendance policy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJuly 20, 2017
can choose how many hours you work weekly and they WILL schedule you for those hours, but if you become ill, then you need to find someone to cover the shifts you'll miss. absent 3 shifts not covered in 6 months they will terminate you.
Pros
Ability to make your own schedule
Cons
Attendance policy
good place
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJuly 17, 2017
I worked there when I was still in high school. I loved being there and working with everyone. I left after high school because I needed a higher paying job.
Productive workplace setting
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Catskill, NYJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at work entails supervising cashiers and working with customers. Satisfactory people skills are needed to ensure customer satisfaction. Workplace culture included assisting co-workers and ensuring that everything is in order. Management was excellent and was willing to work around my school hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to interact with people and co-workers.
Very fun atmosphere and courteous people
Overnight Stocker - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 17, 2017
By far one of the best places I have worked. Solid management combined with positive and upbeat employees make this a great place to work. Everyone is normally wearing a smile, and if not, the others do what they can to try to turn that frown upside down.
It was a great place to find your starting point
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NYJuly 14, 2017
Though the customers were great most of the time, the management team wasn't so much. They didn't listen to any concerns or complaints and they were just very rude most of the time.
Pros
You get to meet alot of great people
Cons
the hours they gave were 8-15 at best. not enough to support yourself even with a second job.
Workplace and productivity levels are exponential
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 14, 2017
workers are very nice not very passive aggressive and are very productive with there work and know how to treat people and create friendships with regular store attendants.
Pros
30 mins lunches, reliable coworkers
Cons
no cons at the moment
Friendly work atmosphere
CASHIER / MAINTANCE (Former Employee) –  Gloversville, NYJuly 13, 2017
Managers and fellow employees were great to work with and it allowed for the day-to-day store activities to run smooth. The hours that were given were not too demanding.
Pros
Short work shifts
Cons
Short breaks
they suck
Night Shift Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 11, 2017
this place is just a stepping stone if you are smart. I have seen them let people go with years on the job just to cut margin and pad their pockets, they are garbage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location