Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Normal Grocery Store Front End
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYMarch 24, 2017
I always enjoyed going to work. The people I worked with and the management I worked under were always friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was juggling multiple customer needs at the same time, especially during the holiday seasons.
Very interactive
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed working with the public and serving their needs. Great place to work and plenty of room for advancement. Though only worked part time very fulfilling.
Pros
Something new everyday
Cons
There is none!
Good place to work, very friendly enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fulton, NYMarch 17, 2017
Good place to work,especially for your first job, only issue is the hours vary, and you lucky if you get close to 40 hours a week because its a struggle, but a very good plavlce besides that
Easy going
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYMarch 14, 2017
Fast pace, quick learning environment, fun co workers, fun environment, easy to get along with most people, friendly, understands their employees frustrations. Have to understand that you are there for the customers satisfaction. Not yours
price chopper
Bagger (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHMarch 14, 2017
i believe price chopper has nice co workers but i do not agree with the pay rate only being 8.75 an hour you can not live on that and it is not enough to pay bills with
It was a good job, with good bosses that worked with you
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTMarch 14, 2017
The job was easy to understand and had a good hourly pay with advancement and good work ethics, if I had a price chopper near me I would reaply right away
Pros
Many places to pick up more hours
Cons
Not really anything bad
A good business
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHMarch 14, 2017
Price chopper is a good place to work, but it's still a business. Employees come and go pretty frequently, and they know this, so benefits aren't great. People there are friendly, however, and the CEO does seem to genuinely care about the employees, even visiting the store in my little town several times in the few years I was there.
Great Crew
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAMarch 13, 2017
The crew of guys that i worked with made the day. Things got busy here and there but we always seemed to have a great time. I miss working there sometimes but i will always remeber the great time i had when i did work there
Customer Service Represntative Responsibilities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Slingerlands, NYMarch 13, 2017
Demonstrated exemplary customer service in this upscale grocery chain that places a strong focus
on customizing each shopping experience

Trained and developed new hires while instilling company values and educating them on company policies, equipment usage and safety training

Provided linkage between management and clientele, settling customer service issues within established parameters

Maintained store appearance, ensured a safe working environment and monitored inventory levels

Worked on multiple store inspections working towards the continued growth of the service, appearance, and value brought to our guests
Pretty good job
Maintenance - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 12, 2017
I liked this job it was fun it has its ups and down but good for a first job to start with they give you decent hours always hiring and good people for the most part...
Fun, Comfortable environment
Deli Clerk, Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAMarch 12, 2017
Working at Price Chopper was a great experience for me. It was the job I held the longest and learned the most from. I enjoyed the work environment and culture of the company. If i was still living in Webster or had transportation I would still be working there.
stressful
cashier (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, VTMarch 10, 2017
Price Chopper was very stressful environment and I didn't get the credit I deserved for how hard I worked there. I worked there for a year and didn't get a raise and it would have been nice to get some kind of discount.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, no health care
Friendly atmosphere, team players
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mechanicville, NYMarch 10, 2017
Great job, nice stores, friendly people, friendly staff members, overall a nice job, flexible hrs, not steady, good as a part time job for people to have.
Fun and challenging work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CastkillMarch 9, 2017
The cashiers and employees are all very friendly. If you are up to the challenge of helping people and remaining busy throughout the day, this job is for you. Management are mostly helpful people.
front desk
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMarch 7, 2017
My typical day at the job would be coming in at 8 or 9 am count all the drawers and any money that we needed for the day. Making sure the lottery and the western union was okay.
Good Luck
Meat Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gouverneur, NYMarch 7, 2017
Working at pricechopper overall is not that bad. But the lack of proper managent and the unfourtante over populated list of employes your hours are often cut or switched reguarly.
Pros
ghg
Cons
hghg
Productive and always busy work place.
Customer Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 6, 2017
Typical day consisted of recycling with accepting customer return cans and bottles, gathering carts and bagging groceries. I learned of food service from behind the counter and within different departments such as deli, seafood and meat departments. The management was friendly and understanding. The workplace was a hometown environment where I knew neighbors and fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was keeping the pace of business throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with people who liked each other.
Pros
sampling food as free during weekends
Cons
short break periods but required on time.
It was a pleasent relief from the time consuming reastaurant bussiness.
Deli Manager and Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Johnsbury, VTMarch 4, 2017
Price Chopper limited my work hours to 45 per week. This is much less than the restaurant business demands. I did most of the ordering, all of the scheduling, and the hardest part of the job was inventory once a month.
5 star grocery store
Deli Clerk/Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTMarch 3, 2017
my typical day at work is slicing 24/7. we tend to have a lot of production for example salads, dinners and slicing deli meats and cheeses.
I learned that slicing is a safety hazard for the deli clerks
The management is good
the workplace culture is everyone coming and going
the hardest part of the job is shrink the no good of meats and cheeses and slicing shaved deli cuts, meats and cheeses
the most enjoyable part of the job is making new friends and slicing
Not much communication with management and employee.
Deli Teamate (Former Employee) –  Lake George, NYMarch 3, 2017
Always a new manager. You get to know one and he is gone. You do not get many hours. Around 20 per week. Not much communication with employee and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location