Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

review of Price Chopper
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYFebruary 2, 2017
my experience at Price Chopper have been very good. i love it there.. Everyone is super nice, i love management and the way they treat their employees. i love my job there, cashing out customers and seeing that i made an impact on there day.
Pros
excellent coworkers and management
Cons
short break
Wonderful place to work and interact with customers
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 1, 2017
I loved being able to talk to customers all day long and check them out or assist them with finding groceries when stocking. It was a pleasant work environment with great co-workers.
Changes in culture a big hinderance
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 1, 2017
This company used to be great, but after changes in ownership/upper management it's taken a wrong turn. They went from a company harboring family values and a welcoming work environment to a stress filled bottom line driven mess. I would not work here again after these changes in culture.
Very easy workplace with wonderful teammates.
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Always had time to finish your work at a reasonable pase. Teammates were very polite and helpful. Work place was very organized and easy to find your way around. Always had work to do, never just standing around.
price chopper experience
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 30, 2017
my employment with price chopper was brief. However I did learn a lot. I would like to hopefully gain employment there in the future.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
starting pay not competitive
Good opportunity to make money with no college degree
Bakery/Deli/Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTJanuary 29, 2017
I loved working for the company. I advanced in 9 months from a part time associate to an assistant manager. From there, I grew to a manager over the next couple years. The good news is, I made better money than someone with a college degree. The bad news is, I work with people without a college degree. The company has fallen to undesirable in the past 5 years. They offer excellent benefits and great pay, but at what expense? harassing and bullying, time away from family, being contacted when you are at home, low staffing, unreasonable expectations, terrible Human Resources. Most of the time there is too many cooks in the kitchen and communication is terrible. If you are desperate for a job to support your family and you can suffer through the bad management, then this is the place for you,
benefits
Cons
terrible management
Very nice career
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Worked for this company for 7 years...i had to relocate to another part of the country due to personal family reasons and there were no stores in the area where i moved so i had to leave the company...i miss it so much it was the best job i ever had...the employees were awesome their training was top notch...benefits were great...i would love to go back to them i left on good terms...one of the best companies in the nation
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, very high positive morale
Cons
Can't think of any
Great place to work and very flexible with staff.
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 26, 2017
If your looking for a friendly atmosphere with a fast paced work day and a lenient work schedule this is the place to work.
Price Chopper - Overall Experience
FRONT END CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Price Chopper - excellent managers, and excellent co-workers. I was hired on the spot in Latham. A manager watched me help an elderly lady when I was with a friend of mine from High School The The elderly lady knocked down some small baskets of blueberries and the blue berries were everywhere.

I sprang into action to help her, even spotted a broom to get the rest of the blue berries off the floor. When I was done, she tried to pay me, handing me a 20.00 bill, thanking me, and I told her No - that I was not accepting the money.

A price chopper manager saw the entire incident and could not believe how fast-acting I was, and how kind I was to the lady. He offered me a part-time job on the spot.
Pros
Flexible for students
Cons
Can't guarantee work hours - some weeks not on the schedule for part-timers
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  33 chenago bridge Binghamton NYJanuary 22, 2017
I was a cashier on the front end, the workers are very welcoming and understanding people. They're always willing to help you succeed in the company and always give you something new to learn or change with new policies.
OK job. definitely not fun, but it pays the bills
Night Crew Stocker (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 21, 2017
job always seemed to be pretty secure. I did not have to fear layoffs, just cutbacks in hours. Benefits are pretty good. It did what i needed it to do. It paid my bills. I don't go to work to have fun.
Pros
job security and benefits
Cons
cutbacks in hours and fewer people to get the job done.
Full with nice people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Excelsior Springs, MOJanuary 20, 2017
Cashiering and sacking for customers and helping them to their cars if asked or needed to. Clocking in was easy and getting my draw was also easy. The most down fall is the lack of communication.
Fun work place
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Better hours would be nice and more benefits overall its a good company to work for. I enjoy it. And hope to spend more time there
Price chopper
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Webster, MAJanuary 17, 2017
i would help bag grocery an run the cashier an if i couldn't run the cashier than would push the carts out in the front to the right spot an organize them correctly i love seeing new faces at the price chopper here everyone there was great an fun to talk to.
Price Chopper
Meat Wrapper (Current Employee) –  Massena, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Fill the meat case, break down the load for that day, wrap and cut fresh meat for the case. Work out Cold Cuts and the Frozen Meat section.
Great Company
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 12, 2017
Its grocery. Everyday is sporadic. I definitely learned perception is the key to everything. I also learned that hard work, whether it's noticed or unnoticed, is ALWAYS noticed in the end. Everyone I encountered was simply AMAZING. Management can be tough sometimes but that's because they want their team and everyone to excel in every aspect. The hardest part of the job was when the overnight cashier calls out and you have to stay as the supervisor after working an 8 hour shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built with my regular customers. Knowing that people would come in and ask specifically for you or even bring you dinner during your closing shift made the toughest situation worth every moment.
Madhouse to work in
bagel maker (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Management isn't very understanding about school/how your living/if you're making enough money to survive/other personal issues. Its all about business and if you start to slip they'll eventually find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
worked alone, didn't have to ask to use the bathroom
Cons
coworker were awful, managers don't know how to run their departments
Fun place to work, but located in a bad area.
Front End Teammate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13224January 11, 2017
I loved my experience working there, the customers were too much to handle though. The hours weren't very good but the managers were so nice and tried very hard to give us the best hours we could get.
Great place to work and grow
Customer Service Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, NHJanuary 11, 2017
I started at Price Chopper as a customer service representative. Then shortly after was given the opportunity to apply for the Front End Supervisor position and was promoted to that position. I was then given the opportunity to apply for a Customer Service Team Leader position and was promoted to that position. Working and growing at Price Shopper is all what you make it to be. It is a company with training programs ect you can accomplish your dreams.
Pros
Great team
Cons
On a manager prospective - more hours for scheduling.
Great Beginners Job
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 10, 2017
This job is great for high school graduates looking for work experience or trying to earn some money. The range of different possible departments to work in makes it easy to get experience in an area you enjoy.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Not many advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location