Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employer Reviews

Productive and fun environment with great people
Night Manager (Former Employee), Utica, NYDecember 4, 2013
Pros: flexible lunch and break schedule, and a fair amount of paid time off
Cons: working holidays
-A typical day at work is fast paced and physical
-I learned how to best motivate each individual based on his/her personality
-Management is always changing, so again it is essentially just about learning what type of manager the person is and what area(s) he/she likes to focus on
-I've met so many different co-workers over the years, it's hard to narrow any down
-The hardest part of the job is keeping track of several tasks at once as well as keeping tabs on several other employees and their current tasks, but it also keeps you going, always something that needs to be done
-I most enjoyed the physical nature of the job, it makes the shift go by much faster
Fun place to work and meet new people
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: low pay, at times very few hours, and poor upper management
The job in of itself was fun, laid back, and all around enjoyable. The pay may not have been the greatest, as it relied entirely upon how many hours available to be given any individual which at times were not very impressive.

I learned a great deal while working here, including the importance of communication, both with fellow workers and management, as well as with customers. Being able to effectively talk to anyone about an issue, or just to chat about a product, really helped make the days enjoyable and allowed me the opportunity to learn a great deal from those around me.

The hardest aspect of the job wasn't necessarily the requirements of the job itself, but what the requirements were of me by upper management. I realize that not all stores were operated quite like my own, but it really did make it difficult to carry out what I know to be primary job functions, just to satisfy the requests and expectations of a select one or two individuals.

All in all, unreasonable expectations aside, it is an enjoyable place to work part time in between jobs, unless you can qualify yourself for management training.
Worked around school
Produce Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee), Colonie, NYOctober 12, 2013
For the most part was able to work around school and had the ability to meet new people
A Day at Price Chopper
Stocking Clerk (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: working with a wide network and range of people.
Cons: no discounts, free food. health benefits are expensive, and full-time positions are rare.
Being employed by a Price Chopper Supermarket is your local town can feel rewarding as well as make you feel successful. However, without proper leadership skills, it is incredibly difficult to advance within your home store. Unless you have the ability to travel, you're at constant competition with the other employees that have the advantage of traveling from store to store. A typical workday for a stocking clerk's position includes checking each individual isle for holes on shelves where product should be available for customers. You are to greet any customers with a question or an inquiry with a friendly and courteous attitude. Your co-workers are your teammates. You help them, and they help you. If there is slack in the system, you never completely finish the job to full potential, being that you always have a task. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a frustrated or disgruntled customer. The most enjoyable experiences you will have are after you meet a customer with their request and they are overjoyed that you were able to fulfill. You may make someone's day just by taking the time to search for something they can't find and if they truly need that specific item.
Good place to work, often short, busy shifts
Maintainance (Current Employee), Malta, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Enter shift
Shoppinjg carts from parking lot to inside
Unload full bottle return machines
Garbages on Property
Close bottle room
Clean Bathroom

Good People to work with
Keeps Busy, lotss of things to do
Grocery retail.......
Cashier (Current Employee), Warwick, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: lack of professionalism from management
Typical day at work is work hard and feeling like you're NOT appreciated.
I learned that working with customers can be the most difficult part of the job.
Management is unprofessional and untrained. There should be some effective management training for every manager. In my store there IS an age discrimination factor. Older employees were treated poorly in hopes they would quit. Watching managers carry on while the real workers are doing their jobs." It's a do as I say, not as I do" policy.
Hardest part of the job are the customers that think cause you work in a supermarket you must be stupid and uneducated.
The most enjoyable part of the job are your co-workers that are team oriented and fun.
slow paced
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Rome, NYSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: other workers were good to work with
Cons: management does not work with you
go through produce and get rid of any bad produce then restock holes
Price Chopper is a very positive place to work!
Food Service (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MAAugust 31, 2013
everything about the job is interesting and fun, the management is great they help you with anything at any point in time. typically everyday i make sandwiches and pizza and help around with making coffee, and chickens and most importantly help customers with every need. I have 4 years of food experience. the co-workers are great and its a great environment. The hardest part of the job is learning everything independently at your own time, but the most enjoyable part about it is helping customers and learning everything.
fun place to work
Video Manager (Former Employee), plattsbrugh; bethlehem; glens falls: NYAugust 31, 2013
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: hard to get full time
processed lotto, western union. helping customers. managment were helpful, friendly, and respectful.
Amazing Place to Work
Director of Outdoor Education (Former Employee), Solon, NYAugust 29, 2013
Pros: meeting all the new people
Cons: hard work for little pay.
This is an amazing camp. I started out at the bottom and worked my way up. I took six years to work my way up to become the person that I looked up to. I had the best 12 summers of my life working and being a camper. I still get excited when I go to visit.
Interesting first Job
I worked in almost every department (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 29, 2013
My typical day at work was interesting because I had no idea which department I would be in next. I was an all around cashier, which means I would be a cashier on the front end, in the food court or in the floral department. I got to meet a ton of great people and learned everything I know about customer service through this job. The only thing I did not like about this job was the fact that each week your hours changed there was no stable working 12 hour week. Some weeks I would get 10 hours other weeks I would get 5 or 6 hours.
a place to work with little to no grow in the company
Produce and Seafood Clerk (Former Employee), rutland VtAugust 27, 2013
Pros: heath care, vacation pay
Cons: not directions and held acountable for others work
long hrs. little pay
lack of management
co-workes were back were lyeng stabers
hardest part was helping customers that did know what they where looking for
Great Learning experience
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Edwardsville, PAAugust 21, 2013
This was a great first job. It was flexible and taught me a lot.
fun enviroment you meet different people daily
PT Cashier (Former Employee), Newington, CTAugust 20, 2013
Pros: meeting different people daily
Cons: moving up
if you are a people person which I am you enjoy your job. to greet people daily and be able to get a life story in a few words to build such confidence that when seen out of work your approached by customers with a smile or hug asking how your doing and a I look forward to seeing you later. makes your day
very productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 15, 2013
Pros: the pros were just being around the customers and seeing them smile when i talked to them
Cons: the cons were just the hours i wasn't getting enough hours and they were messing up the schedule.
I would go to work clock in get my register ready and cash customers out efficiently and I would answer any questions they had. If I did not know the answer to there question I would ask another employee like a supervisor or manager and help that customer out. Management was not good they picked favorites sometimes. They couldn't keep the schedule right there r times I didn't show up because they messed the schedule up and I didn't know I had to work. The hardest part of the job was the hours I couldn't afford my bills because they kept cutting hours. The enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers out and making them laugh. I learned a lot about satisfying customers and helping them the best that I could.
Compensations and benefits are good but it is hard to advance past the Assistant Management Position
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bristol, CTAugust 13, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: expensive healthcare and advancement
A typical day at work is walking the entire department and making sure everything is ready for business. I set up cashiers to their registers for the day and supervise them throughout. I assist customers with their needs and make sure their experience is the best possible. I oversee the Maintenance team and make sure they are taking care of the outside, carts are being retrieved throughout the day and standards are being held. I've learned how to do financials, properly write a schedule according to business needs, how to watch trends and use that knowledge to effectively manage. Management is moderate. I work well with my Co-workers. The hardest part is building a good team and maintaining that team when management is not on the same page. I enjoy the fast pace of the store and my customers.
Very Productive
Head Supervisor Dave Smith (Current Employee), Albany, NYAugust 13, 2013
Pros: fast work fun people
Cons: too far from where i live =(
I worked Night shifts and i really like the night shifts. i dont mind customers but i really like to be really focused on my work, cause the time just passes by
Terrible attitudes from fellow associates.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Cobleskill, NYAugust 10, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: short breaks.
A typical day would be to merchandise any specials for the week.
Management did very little to improve working conditions.
My coworkers had terrible attitudes that revolved around making their own jobs easier regardless of how it affected the people around them. The hardest part of the job was having to come into a department and try to resolve the problems left for my by the person who worked before me.
This all taught me, that to be productive it takes a team effort, with everyone working to their full potential. Also that at times it may take a little extra effort on my part to make sure my job is done right, it is well worth it when that effort is also given by the people around me.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to improve another persons shopping experience.
Price Chopper
Customer Service Teammate (Current Employee), Troy, NYAugust 6, 2013
My responsibilities are to provide excellent 6 star service to our customers. I always greet them and asking how they are doing and if the customer needed help with somthing. I always ask if they have coupons and towards the end of thier visit I tell them thank you! The hardest part about my job is that some of the customers are extremly rude. I just kill them with kindness and smile. If there is a problem I can not solve, I page a supervisior. The people I work with are the most enjoyable part of my job and also being able to help people.
not a bad place to work.
dsd receiver, meat wrapper, pac, fes, ... (Current Employee), Morrisville, VTAugust 5, 2013
Pros: met alot of nice people. met alot of great customers and fellow employees.
Cons: there seemed to be alot of stress.
I worked here for 23 years. Not bad. It was better when it was a smaller store. As it got bigger it changed.

About Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets, a subsidiary of The Golub Corporation is a regional grocery store chain that has 125+ stores in New – Read more

Price Chopper Supermarkets Photos