Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Busy and Productive
cashier (Current Employee), Dunmore, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Working part time I am looking to expand my job experience and opportunity. I work very hard and am productive. Working as a cashier i am a personable friendly individual.
Good work environment, great management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Glenmont, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: my manager was phenomenal, good hours
Cons: underwent several renovations and product changes throughout my years, made it a bit more difficult to learn entire new catalouges everytime i came home from college.
A typical day was working in the deli line serving customers meats and cheeses. I learned how to deal with customers of all sorts, working at a supermarket between a wealthy town and the city of Albany delivered various types of customers. It taught me that each customer deserves their own style of assistance and that not every customer is the same. I learned there is no one style in which you can help a customer because each person is different. I learned to cope with co-workers whether I got along with them or not. I found ways to work well with all of my co-workers no matter the situation. The hardest part of the job was in fact dealing with co-workers who didn't get along, I never really had trouble with any co-workers but often sat third party to co-workers who didn't get along. I would find ways to seperate their duties so that they could perform their jobs without crossing paths too often. The most enjoyable part of the job was being given other tasks to perform. I took pride in the fact that my manager chose me to perform other duties because she knew I could perform those tasks and still find time to finish my daily duties.
Part time Job with flexibility
Customer service (Current Employee), Delhi, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: flexible during college attendance
Cons: part time, no benefits
A typical day includes problem solving for customers, attending to managers, distributors, and teammate needs. Cash handling large deposits of money and being accountable for company profit and payroll. Due to the job responsibilities, I learned excellent communication skills, organization, the importance of customer relations and confidence. The management is divided on occasion which causes discrepancies in workplace rules, and customer relations. However the teammates collaborate to solve problems efficiently and provide excellent customer service. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistency of scheduled hours, and the most enjoyable part is the feedback from customers, as it is generally positive.
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Menands, NYJanuary 16, 2014
I loved working at Price chopper. It was always busy and I enjoyed it, because I had the best customers. I was always fast and reliable. My coworkers were always supportive and I truly miss the environment.
Decent company that requires improvement
Part-Time Clerk (Current Employee), Oswego, NYJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts
Cons: difficult to move up in.
I am still employed with Price Chopper Supermarkets and do not wish to write anything that may jeopardize my employment with them.
Productive and fun environment with great people
Night Manager (Former Employee), Utica, NYDecember 4, 2013
Pros: flexible lunch and break schedule, and a fair amount of paid time off
Cons: working holidays
-A typical day at work is fast paced and physical
-I learned how to best motivate each individual based on his/her personality
-Management is always changing, so again it is essentially just about learning what type of manager the person is and what area(s) he/she likes to focus on
-I've met so many different co-workers over the years, it's hard to narrow any down
-The hardest part of the job is keeping track of several tasks at once as well as keeping tabs on several other employees and their current tasks, but it also keeps you going, always something that needs to be done
-I most enjoyed the physical nature of the job, it makes the shift go by much faster
Fun place to work and meet new people
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Amsterdam, NYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: low pay, at times very few hours, and poor upper management
The job in of itself was fun, laid back, and all around enjoyable. The pay may not have been the greatest, as it relied entirely upon how many hours available to be given any individual which at times were not very impressive.

I learned a great deal while working here, including the importance of communication, both with fellow workers and management, as well as with customers. Being able to effectively talk to anyone about an issue, or just to chat about a product, really helped make the days enjoyable and allowed me the opportunity to learn a great deal from those around me.

The hardest aspect of the job wasn't necessarily the requirements of the job itself, but what the requirements were of me by upper management. I realize that not all stores were operated quite like my own, but it really did make it difficult to carry out what I know to be primary job functions, just to satisfy the requests and expectations of a select one or two individuals.

All in all, unreasonable expectations aside, it is an enjoyable place to work part time in between jobs, unless you can qualify yourself for management training.
Worked around school
Produce Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee), Colonie, NYOctober 12, 2013
For the most part was able to work around school and had the ability to meet new people
A Day at Price Chopper
Stocking Clerk (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: working with a wide network and range of people.
Cons: no discounts, free food. health benefits are expensive, and full-time positions are rare.
Being employed by a Price Chopper Supermarket is your local town can feel rewarding as well as make you feel successful. However, without proper leadership skills, it is incredibly difficult to advance within your home store. Unless you have the ability to travel, you're at constant competition with the other employees that have the advantage of traveling from store to store. A typical workday for a stocking clerk's position includes checking each individual isle for holes on shelves where product should be available for customers. You are to greet any customers with a question or an inquiry with a friendly and courteous attitude. Your co-workers are your teammates. You help them, and they help you. If there is slack in the system, you never completely finish the job to full potential, being that you always have a task. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a frustrated or disgruntled customer. The most enjoyable experiences you will have are after you meet a customer with their request and they are overjoyed that you were able to fulfill. You may make someone's day just by taking the time to search for something they can't find and if they truly need that specific item.
Good place to work, often short, busy shifts
Maintainance (Current Employee), Malta, NYSeptember 11, 2013
Enter shift
Shoppinjg carts from parking lot to inside
Unload full bottle return machines
Garbages on Property
Close bottle room
Clean Bathroom

Good People to work with
Keeps Busy, lotss of things to do
Grocery retail.......
Cashier (Current Employee), Warwick, NYSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: lack of professionalism from management
Typical day at work is work hard and feeling like you're NOT appreciated.
I learned that working with customers can be the most difficult part of the job.
Management is unprofessional and untrained. There should be some effective management training for every manager. In my store there IS an age discrimination factor. Older employees were treated poorly in hopes they would quit. Watching managers carry on while the real workers are doing their jobs." It's a do as I say, not as I do" policy.
Hardest part of the job are the customers that think cause you work in a supermarket you must be stupid and uneducated.
The most enjoyable part of the job are your co-workers that are team oriented and fun.
slow paced
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Rome, NYSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: other workers were good to work with
Cons: management does not work with you
go through produce and get rid of any bad produce then restock holes
Price Chopper is a very positive place to work!
Food Service (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MAAugust 31, 2013
everything about the job is interesting and fun, the management is great they help you with anything at any point in time. typically everyday i make sandwiches and pizza and help around with making coffee, and chickens and most importantly help customers with every need. I have 4 years of food experience. the co-workers are great and its a great environment. The hardest part of the job is learning everything independently at your own time, but the most enjoyable part about it is helping customers and learning everything.
fun place to work
Video Manager (Former Employee), plattsbrugh; bethlehem; glens falls: NYAugust 31, 2013
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: hard to get full time
processed lotto, western union. helping customers. managment were helpful, friendly, and respectful.
Amazing Place to Work
Director of Outdoor Education (Former Employee), Solon, NYAugust 29, 2013
Pros: meeting all the new people
Cons: hard work for little pay.
This is an amazing camp. I started out at the bottom and worked my way up. I took six years to work my way up to become the person that I looked up to. I had the best 12 summers of my life working and being a camper. I still get excited when I go to visit.
Interesting first Job
I worked in almost every department (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 29, 2013
My typical day at work was interesting because I had no idea which department I would be in next. I was an all around cashier, which means I would be a cashier on the front end, in the food court or in the floral department. I got to meet a ton of great people and learned everything I know about customer service through this job. The only thing I did not like about this job was the fact that each week your hours changed there was no stable working 12 hour week. Some weeks I would get 10 hours other weeks I would get 5 or 6 hours.
a place to work with little to no grow in the company
Produce and Seafood Clerk (Former Employee), rutland VtAugust 27, 2013
Pros: heath care, vacation pay
Cons: not directions and held acountable for others work
long hrs. little pay
lack of management
co-workes were back were lyeng stabers
hardest part was helping customers that did know what they where looking for
Great Learning experience
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Edwardsville, PAAugust 21, 2013
This was a great first job. It was flexible and taught me a lot.
fun enviroment you meet different people daily
PT Cashier (Former Employee), Newington, CTAugust 20, 2013
Pros: meeting different people daily
Cons: moving up
if you are a people person which I am you enjoy your job. to greet people daily and be able to get a life story in a few words to build such confidence that when seen out of work your approached by customers with a smile or hug asking how your doing and a I look forward to seeing you later. makes your day
very productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 15, 2013
Pros: the pros were just being around the customers and seeing them smile when i talked to them
Cons: the cons were just the hours i wasn't getting enough hours and they were messing up the schedule.
I would go to work clock in get my register ready and cash customers out efficiently and I would answer any questions they had. If I did not know the answer to there question I would ask another employee like a supervisor or manager and help that customer out. Management was not good they picked favorites sometimes. They couldn't keep the schedule right there r times I didn't show up because they messed the schedule up and I didn't know I had to work. The hardest part of the job was the hours I couldn't afford my bills because they kept cutting hours. The enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers out and making them laugh. I learned a lot about satisfying customers and helping them the best that I could.

About Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets, a subsidiary of The Golub Corporation is a regional grocery store chain that has 125+ stores in New – Read more

Price Chopper Supermarkets Salaries