Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employer Reviews

Supermarket Job
Clerk (Former Employee), Guilderland, NYJuly 31, 2013
Cons: not enough hours, not enough employee appreciation
The hours weren't garunteed but the people I worked with were great. There wasn't room for any advancement and plenty of unkept promises
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 30, 2013
Great Co-Workers, management was even great. A typical day was greeting customers, ringing them out and stocking shelves.
Fast paced environment but a great place to work
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee), Southington, CTJuly 28, 2013
Working here is fast paced and good place to work. Management is helpful and works with you in most situations. Co-workers are good workers and are a great team to work on. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the really good sale items and doing other things that need to be done.
I liked the people I worked with and the company
Cashier/EZ Scan Clerk (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 28, 2013
Pros: scholarship
Working at price chopper was a great experience for me. I met a lot of people. The company offered a 500 scholarship for me which I was able to use toward tuition. The work environment was friendly and comfortable.
Productive work place.
Supervisor/Cashier/Delivery/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good people, new/old faces, excellent
Cons: lack of health care, no advancement.
A typical day at work is when you greet your fellow employees, and get to run register or bag the customers groceries to help them get out quickly, and also helping the minors sell the alcohol (by manager override). Also making sure the drawers are full of adequate change to better serve the customers, and making sure that the change drawer for the – more... supervisors balances out correctly at the end of the night. I also make sure that everything is organized and utilize any and all resources to make sure the day runs smoothly. I learned most of my office skills from my driving/dispatching job, where it was a necessity to be organized and able to account for every movement. Wrote daily emails as a dispatcher to let the manager know how the day ran. Within those emails I would let them know who is in fear of overtime, and if any problems took place, and how I dealt with the issues on hand; and if there were events scheduled that came in late or on time. With my supervising skills, I am more able to utilize my known and even unknown skills that I acquired over time by making sure everyone has a break/lunch on a timely manner, even on busy days. Also with the supervising job, I am able to work my organizing skills by doing paperwork; keeping the paperwork up to date, and punctual, and into their rightful binders and proper filing cabinets.

The co-workers help make the day go quicker, with their quick anecdotes or their experiences that coincide with my experiences on the job. The only hard part about my job is the busy times, but it helps make the day go quicker and helps me use my multitasking side a lot more often by helping me split into two, by going from register to register making sure that everything is good. “Running” to the aisles to get proper items needed for certain transactions, and if running register, I make sure that the minors are near by so if it is a must, I can get to them in a quick manner to help them sell alcohol. Or having to run easy scan and the register next to it because a person is meant to leave at a certain time. If they have a small line, I finish their line off and also run the four registers at easy scan. For my most enjoyable part of the job, its seeing customers smile, and hear them compliment co-workers in which I had a hand in training get glowing reviews. Or hearing that I am sometimes too cheery to have worked in Price Chopper for eight-years. It is a rewarding job, but it doesn’t offer any advancement, which is the hardest part of the job. And when they do offer advancements, the good hard workers watch as the not so hard working employees move forward within the company. But, all in all, I wouldn’t change a thing, just hoping for a better job or position that can better suit my skills, and can truly see how hard of a worker I truly am. – less
Customer service
Assistant Customer service team leader (Current Employee), Keene, NHJuly 24, 2013
day consists of smooth running order of a front end register sales on a daily basis. trouble shooting throughout the day
good stepping stone
Cashier (Former Employee), Delhi, NYJuly 23, 2013
This job helped me to get hands on experience in what I wanted to do with my life. I love the management position and loved having fun with my co-workers in order to get things done.
Each customer is unique in his or her own way
Handled Customer Service (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: supervisors are slow for customer service
Good workplace for college students, schedules are made by you and around your schedule. Everyone is friendly which is a nice asset to have in a workplace.
Price Chopper
Assistant Bakery Manager/ Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), Albany, NYJuly 16, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: work standards are inconsistant
This company is very inconsistant when it comes to rules and policies regarding work standards. There is lack of respect and social decorum amoung the managers and employees.
very productive and constantly working to bring out packages
Sushi Packager (Current Employee), Malta, NYJuly 15, 2013
Pros: work experience
Cons: not really a social job. but you still work as a team
a typical day for me is going into work making rice, preparing everything. Then my co-worker would make the sushi and give it to me to package it and label the price. we would repeat this process its usually very quiet and we are always focused on our work. It could be boring and hard at times but it feels good to communicate with customers at times.
fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guilderland, NYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: fast paced and met new people as well as customers
i opened the store at 5 am and would be working all day between taking orders through the drive through to taking orders over the counter. I also had the responsibility to stock shelves, make coffee, cash out drawers, put up new posters and advertisement's of new products, as well as phone orders for new products. the most enjoyable part of the job – more... is it was fast paced, continuous movement. – less
Busy yet fun place to work
Front End Cashier/Overnight Cashier (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 6, 2013
It was often either enjoyable or it was somewhere in between depending on who you worked with and what shift it was since the overnight shift was very busy but also enjoyable due to the kind of people you get to converse with.
Would not recommend at all
Deli Clerk/Food Court Cook (Former Employee), Glenville, NYJuly 5, 2013
Pros: regular breaks, relatively easy work, no heavy lifting
Cons: bad managers, coworkers that would not be warned for their inappropriate behavior, standing for 8+ hours
During my very short stint at PC I had three different managers, who would often ask me when I was going shopping on a day off if I could come in and work. Along with that, when I actually gained free time in order to work, I was given no hours whatsoever - in fact, the last couple of weeks I was "employed" there, I had 0 hours per week.

While most – more... of my coworkers were friendly, I had one coworker who made my shifts miserable and my managers refused to do anything about it. He would make offensive jokes, which often were poking fun at massacres or tragedies, and he also made several misogynistic comments towards me in regards to my capabilities as an employee. He also got great enjoyment out of harassing me and my other coworkers whilst we were trying to serve customers.

My final manager was a total pain, and even though I gave him several copies of my schedule he refused to give me any hours. He also treated me and my fellow coworkers horribly. When I quit, he didn't even recall that I had done so, and continued to call me asking me to cover shifts, even though I had told him that I had quit weeks ago.

This job also required a great amount of standing, which is difficult for me to manage given that I have a disability that makes standing for a long time to be quite painful. I would not recommend this job for anyone who has a similar problem. – less
A good job to work hard and encounter loyal co workers who will support you
2007-present worked as a produce clerk (Former Employee), Watertown, NYJune 27, 2013
Pros: easy to travel to, fun work
Cons: no chance to be full time, no chance to move upward in management.
*A typical day of work is arriving at work 7 AM and put on my apron and my PPE (personal protective equipment) and cull the wet rack. Trim and discard bad product and refill to attract customers to buy fresh product. After everything is filled I move onto the section of another co-worker and assist their work until they are finished or the floor is – more... set.
Next is un-stacking the load and putting out new perishable product onto the sales floor and rotating the current stock as I shelf.

*Management was very fair to its employees. My department manager, provided workers with hours even if there were none to give.

*My co-workers were very focused and purpose driven in order to get the tasks of the day to be finished efficiently

*Hardest part of the job is having to explain that there is missing produce, either because it is simply out of stock, or out of season, and having to provide or suggest an alternative.

* The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to answer a produce question and share my cooking knowledge with a regular customer. It is also satisfying to have the product and present it to a customer when he/she doesn't see it.. They are always full of gratitude and speak positively about you. – less
Decent place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 21, 2013
Pretty decent starter job for in the work force, and good for the old timers who may need that extra buck or something to keep them busy.
Fun work environment
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJune 15, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers.
Price Chopper
Grocery Associate (Current Employee), Gardner, MAJune 15, 2013
Pros: easy, nice co-workers, nice customers, convenient location to me
Cons: just about everything else i didn't mention in pros.
Although I did learn working at Price Chopper, I also realized many things about it. Just like the other co-workers, I am underpaid. They don't really pay anyone what they're worth, nor do they have the money to give all of the co workers the hours they deserve. The store is in an awful location (Gardner Massachusetts). The management is not very good. – more... Most of the time when I see the choices they make and the things they do I wonder if I could do better with that position. It's like they use their position as an excuse to make stupid mistakes. The Co-workers were fine, they are all hard working kids who really don't get paid what they're worth, because besides the management, they're all really hard workers. I can't really think of anything that I found hard there. All the work was very straight forward and easy. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I would have a lot of work to do and I would just keep working and making everything look nice until my shift was up. – less
fun place to work and very flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Mechanicville, NYJune 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough hours
On a typical day at work I ran register and bagged groceries. I learned how to work with money and how to stay organized. The managers here are wonderful and very understanding. They worked with my school schedule and were very flexible with my hours. My co-workers and I work well together and get along well. The most enjoyable part of my job was being – more... able to talk to the customers and make sure they were satisfied before leaving the store. – less
enjoyable place
grocery clerk (Former Employee), New Windsor, NYJune 7, 2013
Price Chopper is a pretty good store to work at and I would encourage anyone to work in the grocery industry who has a love for food.
Job with little growth opportunity
Front End Employee (Current Employee), Cicero, NYJune 5, 2013
After working in this position for the past three years I have made many friends and got to work with some great people. The downfall to this job is that there is very little room for growth in the company. This is why I am looking for something bigger and better.

About Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets, a subsidiary of The Golub Corporation is a regional grocery store chain that has 125+ stores in New – Read more

Price Chopper Supermarkets Photos