Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Bad place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 14, 2017
The store that I worked at never gave me a set schedule, in fact I would be calling in for hours. They never put me on a schedule, which I never thought was legal. The place was completely disorganized and there was little to nothing I could do to actually GET WORK.
Cons
They fired you if you took a break
Front End Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 12, 2017
I have worked at PriceChopper for 4 years. Overall it is a good place to work. Everyone is friendly. Pretty much the only thing I don't like is the scheduling. Very rarely do they schedule enough cashiers to cover how busy it is sometimes, especially on Sundays (one of our busiest days of the week) and right before a big holiday.
decent work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, NYDecember 11, 2017
great managers and pleasant working environment, flexible with school hours and schedules, not enough hours to full time students, good communication skills and able to work with others.
Good for a part-time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYDecember 11, 2017
If you're looking for an easy part-time job, then this is good for you. The customers can be exhausting, but most co-workers are nice. It is very repetitive, so not for people who like variety.
Miss my real home
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYDecember 9, 2017
Love all aspects of their pharmacies. Customers were wonderful to get to know. Relationship building. Managed well. We were always a family. We were treated as family.
Poorly run company
General Merchandise Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Marshalls Creek, PADecember 7, 2017
A very poorly run company from top to bottom. The company is converting their stores to a new name and don't hold the new stores accountable to the same system as the old stores. Workload is awful with very little sales force. Pay is below area average, which keeps prospective employees from even applying.
Pros
At least its work
Cons
Too many to list
Good place to work part time
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  albany, nyDecember 6, 2017
Flexible schedule, friendly environment, fast paced, room for advancement and different opportunities, fun promotions, great products, helpful resources
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
full time is very difficult to achieve
cool job
Trained Seafood Associate (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PADecember 5, 2017
Enjoyed helping the general public everyday
their were some amazing people working their as well
i had the pleasure of working at two locations overall decent supermarket cool work place.
Enjoyable Position if you love working with the public.
Grocery Department Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Guilderland, NYDecember 4, 2017
I Presently Work in a Retail Store environment unloading tractor trailers from Incoming Warehouses using motorized pallet jacks, break down Pallets of frozen merchandise and place appropriate items where they belong according to planograms. Assisting Customers with questions and location of merchandise they are seeking to procure and any other assigned duties.
Productive fun place to work
Food Court Attendant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 3, 2017
Had an enjoyable experience working there wish I could have stayed longer and enjoyed the experience for a full year but things changed and I had to move
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and competitive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 1, 2017
Fun and challenging working with certain customers at times but its relaxing and you enjoy the employees you work with. For me , its a easy and simple job because ive basically been doing cashier/customer service,sales, sales associate through out all my jobs.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
No benefits
Pretty Productive
Deli Counter Team Member (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 1, 2017
Depending on the day work is busy or slow. Hours are pretty flexible and management is pretty understanding. Task are simple and easy to complete, though completed too fast you won't have anything to do. Customers can be a bit a rude and impatient.
Pros
Get to sample food
Cons
Customers
It gets you by
Pricing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Parkville, MONovember 30, 2017
This location is superb if you need a little something extra on the side, the management typically will work with you if you have a secondary job, all you have to do is keep open communications.
Pros
Friendly people to work with
Cons
No room for advancement, no raises.
Customers were nice
Cashier - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CTNovember 27, 2017
Don't have much to say, its okay as a temporary job to put money in your pocket, maybe a good second job but don't make it your primary. Closing is kind of fun!
Not happy with current job.
Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 26, 2017
Unhappy with current job description. Hoping to make a change. It's a highly stressful and detail oriented position that is outside of my scope. A different job within the company would be ok.
front end
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, NYNovember 22, 2017
I would have to collect carts bag the groceries for the costumers and there was a few times I would bring the groceries to the costumers vehicles and help them load them. and I helped putting the returned items back on the shelf.
Pros
meeting people pay check
Cons
low wages and only was part time
I worked there for tens years before Liberty Mutual as a part time job I had no problems working there
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYNovember 22, 2017
I only worked part time in multiply depts did not have any issues working there.I worked there over 13 yrs ago. I did enjoy working in the bakery the most. I worked multiply depts
price chopper review
Customer Service Rep/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mechanicville, NYNovember 22, 2017
good company to work for, very flexible, great work environment. I enjoy the people the most. management are easy to talk to. multiple opportunities for promotions
Good Honest work
Assistant Manager Seafood Department (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYNovember 20, 2017
Everyone knows everyone. You get out what you put in. As long as you meet your numbers and make customers happy there is nothing not to like about working for price chopper.
Unable to advance
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYNovember 20, 2017
Working as a pharmacy technician at Price Chopper is very fulfilling but there are not enough hour available nor is there room for advancement. If your looking for a part time job this is a great place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.