Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

N/a
Produce Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTFebruary 17, 2017
Enjoyed working in produce great learning experience. Great quality customer service . And a very safety conscience company to work for. WORKABLE HOURS were hard to come by and the frequent replacement of upper management made for a difficult environment to work in and for. the lack of respect the company gives to their part time employees is horrific.
Easy work in a good environment with friendly peers
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 17, 2017
I am happy with my job at price chopper but due to certain circumstances they no longer meet my needs financially and cannot provide me with adequate hours
Pros
Night job, friendly management
Cons
Not enough hours, low pay rate
Not the best job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  115 Temple Hill Road New Windsor Newyork 12553February 16, 2017
Price Chopper is not a job to be working at your whole life, they don't give you hours, though I enjoy the job and the people. The management is not great.
Poor leadership
Over night stocker (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 16, 2017
When I first started it was a great opportunity with room for growth or so it was said in orientation but for the first two years work was good and steady after many management personnel changed things changed and part timers suffered major cut in hours no matter how many years of service employees could count on no more then six hours a week.
Cons
Poor leadership
Price Chopper Pricing Department
Third Pricer (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, MOFebruary 12, 2017
Great people small department and hard work. Always working laughing and helping the departments intermingle and love to help each other out wonderful place to work wonderful people to meet
Cons
Staff I worked with great. Didnt care for the management.
Meat Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTFebruary 8, 2017
They didnt respect my availability of work times that i set in place when I was first hired. I had little kids at the time and couldnt change on a whim.
Pros
fun to work there with staff
Cons
management tried to force work schedule that wasnt available
Good company benefits
Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Johnsbury, VTFebruary 8, 2017
I have been employed with Price Chopper for 11 years and have been happy with the insurance, rate of pay and benefits. I am ready to move on and learn something new. Full time positions are hard to find in the Derby store due to low turn around rate.
Pros
Gas points from advantage care
Cons
Short staffed in departments
It's a decent place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Putnam, CTFebruary 8, 2017
I have been here almost 10 years and I enjoy the people I work with. The job is pretty straight forward. Benefits are lacking for people under 30 hrs.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Health care
Productive and Demanding Job
Team Leader Deli Dept. & Food Court (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 7, 2017
Very busy work days. You are Continually doing something there are there are usually no lows in the day. You are there to do a job and produce product to sell. Management is tuff and the hardest part of the job for me disciplining employees. Most enjoyable part is the customers that you meet and the customers that are repeat customers that you may get to see frequently. That is when you know your doing something right when you see repeat customers.
Pros
Good pay in management
Cons
Very few Thank you's.
Nice place
Cashiering, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  119th metcalfFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at price chopper.coworkers were nice.customers were very nice and friendly.it was a good experience and I learned a lot of from them.i had fun.managers were very nice.it was one of my favorite places to work.i met a lot of amazing people
Terrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 6, 2017
They are unprofessional. They take advantage of their employees. They do not offer any higher positions or wages to cashiers. The managers are rude to not only employees but customers as well. They are infested with mice.
Apply
Baker (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 5, 2017
Great place to work the management was very understanding and worked with their employees in regards to scheduling during school or appointments.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Not enough hours
Typical part-time job for high-schoolers
Sacker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 4, 2017
It's just a typical, minimum waged job for local high-schoolers. You'd occasionally get to see a friend or two from school and most of the co-workers are able to relate to you since they are in the same age-range.
Enjoyable
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYFebruary 2, 2017
I really enjoyed learning to be a Bakery Clerk at Price Chopper. So many things to do, very busy. Became comfortable helping customers, learned to write birthday greetings on cakes for customers. There was always something new to learn, and the part-time schedule was perfect.
Pros
Part-time schedules, learning bakery procedures
review of Price Chopper
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYFebruary 2, 2017
my experience at Price Chopper have been very good. i love it there.. Everyone is super nice, i love management and the way they treat their employees. i love my job there, cashing out customers and seeing that i made an impact on there day.
Pros
excellent coworkers and management
Cons
short break
Wonderful place to work and interact with customers
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOFebruary 1, 2017
I loved being able to talk to customers all day long and check them out or assist them with finding groceries when stocking. It was a pleasant work environment with great co-workers.
Changes in culture a big hinderance
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 1, 2017
This company used to be great, but after changes in ownership/upper management it's taken a wrong turn. They went from a company harboring family values and a welcoming work environment to a stress filled bottom line driven mess. I would not work here again after these changes in culture.
Very easy workplace with wonderful teammates.
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYJanuary 31, 2017
Always had time to finish your work at a reasonable pase. Teammates were very polite and helpful. Work place was very organized and easy to find your way around. Always had work to do, never just standing around.
price chopper experience
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 30, 2017
my employment with price chopper was brief. However I did learn a lot. I would like to hopefully gain employment there in the future.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
starting pay not competitive
Good opportunity to make money with no college degree
Bakery/Deli/Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTJanuary 29, 2017
I loved working for the company. I advanced in 9 months from a part time associate to an assistant manager. From there, I grew to a manager over the next couple years. The good news is, I made better money than someone with a college degree. The bad news is, I work with people without a college degree. The company has fallen to undesirable in the past 5 years. They offer excellent benefits and great pay, but at what expense? harassing and bullying, time away from family, being contacted when you are at home, low staffing, unreasonable expectations, terrible Human Resources. Most of the time there is too many cooks in the kitchen and communication is terrible. If you are desperate for a job to support your family and you can suffer through the bad management, then this is the place for you,
benefits
Cons
terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location