Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisburg, KSFebruary 26, 2016
I really liked working at Price Chopper. Again, a fast paced environment. Helping customers check out, or find items their looking for. Stocking shelves with new products.
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Long drive from home
Not the best place to work
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOFebruary 26, 2016
It can be very difficult working where I do because I have to close at night and it's very taxing on me sometimes. My managers are not the best. Day to day, I wait on customers, get them the food they want, and close up. That includes removing all of the fish and other things we serve and putting it away, removing and filling the cases with ice, stocking, and generally cleaning up.
Pros
I like some of the people I work with
Cons
Short breaks, Not a lot of hours
Been a long time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paola, KSFebruary 24, 2016
so I don't really remember much about it. Its been a long time so I don't really remember much about it. Is this long enough yet it must require quite a few characters.
price chopper is a well ran business that creates a positive enjoyable environment for customers and employees to be in
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 23, 2016
Horrible workplace
Maintenance/Janitor (Former Employee) –  West Carthage, NYFebruary 21, 2016
Very horrible place to work. I would not recommend applying to this employer. Management sucks and is sometimes clueless on how productive other workers are, and they demand impossible tasks to be completed at times.
General Merchandise/HBC Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTFebruary 19, 2016
I learned how to manage inventory and how to manage a department. They have a great training program and the special benefits like discounts are great.The pay is average for a job of that caliber.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Low Pay and some management
If you are starving work here
cashier and bagger (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYFebruary 16, 2016
The associates were nice to work with but management is not competent at all. Training is bare minimum and you have to learn your job mostly through experience since management does not know much about the jobs themselves. You get raises every six months to one year which are minimal and do nothing but decrease your hours given to you over the course of time so you will actually make less if you are there longer overall. The work is generally simple minded but there is a lot of work to do. If you are a good worker you are more likely to be reprimanded to do even more than you already do because management does not spend time getting on those who are lazy as they already know they will not do more.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low paychecks, used on an as needed peak time basis
High Energy Work Place
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 15, 2016
I loved working at Price Chopper, I gained so many life skills and excellent customer service skills from this job. I have made many new connections with local businesses and people who I encountered. A typical day was very busy and I was always on my feet, but it was worth it in the end. I loved being able to help people and assist them with their inquiries. My coworkers were hard working people who always followed the rules and policies placed by the company.
The management team is fair and easy to talk to. They always helped me whenever I had arising issues.
Samaritan Hospital
Food Service (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Clocking in and greeting everyone at work, talking to manager to see what my position is, depending what position taking care of the duties and other task if needed be. My co-workers were very friendly and helping if they seen someone behind or struggling with something they would help out, The hardest part of the day would be closing because you have to clean and make sure everything is set up for the next day, Most enjoyable part of the day would be lunch.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
dirty workplace
Cashier/Seafood Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYFebruary 9, 2016
management was cruel. Co-workers were slow. hardest part of the job was nothing. Most enjoyable part was being alone in the seafood department.
Fast-paced workplace, with room for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 5, 2016
Most days were very busy, and so long as you were a good worker who liked to stay productive and on task, the days flew by. I was cross-trained in multiple departments, and learned many skills. Upper management were less than professional. Were were very short on staff.
Pros
Paid vacation, benefits
Cons
Understaffed, unreliable hours
Decent work envoirnment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CT 06095February 4, 2016
Simple job with limited difficulty. Co workers are all nice to talk to and supervisors are friendly. Stress free environment even when it gets busy. It's a good place to get over any social anxiety since you're placed in front of people.
Busy but at times productive.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 1, 2016
A day in Price Chopper is relatively easy, besides having to handle cash everything else is pretty easy. Speaking to customers is at times amusing. There was certain shifts that i was put in maintenance and it was a lot of hard work.
Nice job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Taylor, PAFebruary 1, 2016
I've never had an issue with Price Chopper, It's been a steady job for me since I was only fifteen years old. I went from a cashier to a customer service employee.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Pay
Front End Supervisor/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTJanuary 30, 2016
The management team of my store is pretty understanding and easy to work with. The hours and shifts are flexible and the training sets anyone up for success.
work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJanuary 30, 2016
same all the time, I learned it was fine for a while and then as time went on it became old and decided I needed a change, mangement was ok. Liked my co-workers hardest part was dealing with difficult customers. enjoyed my friends
Pros
Cons
always shorthanded
best experience of my career
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 25, 2016
There are amazing opportunities, if you want them bad enough. The RMA and ADP programs are just a few examples of that. I am currently trying to go back honestly.
Decent Place to work
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYJanuary 23, 2016
Apprehend shoplifters and complete supporting documentation, as necessary, in assigned stores.

Assist Zone Loss Prevention Supervisor in conducting and analyzing results of various store LPD audits.

Ensuring perimeter doors are closed, locked, sealed and alarmed where applicable; CCTV/DVR systems are operational and issues are attended to in a timely manner.

Assist in conducting investigations regarding associate theft and misconduct.

Interviewing individuals; taking written statements and submitting complete and accurate written reports while making recommendations for discipline and/or prosecution.
Pros
Freedom to move about.
Cons
Every Job has them.
Price Chopper didn't utilize my talents
Produce Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 18, 2016
Price Chopper was my least favorite job experience. My job duties included stocking fruits and vegetables onto the shelves and maintaining the cleanliness of my department. Many of my co-workers were considerably older than me and could not relate to a college student such as myself. The hardest part of the job was lifting extremely heavy items, while the most enjoyable part was making sure items on the shelves were placed neatly. The best thing I learned at Price Chopper was how to communicate with customers in a friendly and helpful way.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
Minimum wage pay
Productive just needs to fix management
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 17, 2016
Working at Price Chopper was alright. Maybe if management was different and the way they ran the store changed it wouldn't be so bad.