Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employer Reviews

Not a bad job if you decide to invest yourself.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Berlin, VTJune 2, 2013
Not a bad job if you decide to invest yourself. Management seemed to be lacking at times but overall they were effective at their job.
Great Opertunities
Customer Service/ Acting Supervisor Front- End (Current Employee), Richfield Springs, NYMay 30, 2013
Great job opportunities, work environment is good. Always room to learn new things.
Various (Former Employee), Barre, VTMay 26, 2013
The supervisors at Price Chopper supporst you and is very friendly and loves great workers
Fun Place & Meet many people
Cashier (Former Employee), Endicott, NYMay 20, 2013
Pros: everyone is friendly and helpful
Cons: hours get cut
If you want to advance in your career and not just be a cashier, don't work here
Worked with alot of people my age
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, CTMay 9, 2013
Pros: lots of short breaks
Cons: little pay for long hours
I stocked items and put them in the system. I was with the tree of life company so I helped with the natural food items.
good place to work with public
Cashier (Former Employee), Putnam, CTApril 29, 2013
Pros: interacting with the public
Cons: cut hours when college students come back
nice place of employment. staff is good. registers are pretty easy. most enjoyable part would be seeing new faces every day
great place to work
deli/ food service clerk ft (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYApril 23, 2013
Pros: great environment
i enjoyed cooking food for the public. ithe management staff was great to work for. the compamy itself was a great company to work for
Good place to grow
Seafood Manager (Former Employee), VariedApril 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits and good balance for home and work
Cons: typical corporate atmospher that has changed from when the company was younger.
Plenty of advancement. Always changing and growing company. Good compensation for duties done. Good balnce between home and work.
Great Customer Service.
Cashier (Former Employee), Matamoras, PAApril 22, 2013
Learned how to manage money and ring up customers groceries. Learned how to handle customer complaints and suggestions.
Good company to work for...
Produce Team Lead Clerk (Former Employee), West Lebanon, NHApril 14, 2013
*Supervise and train produce associates to ensure only exceptional quality product is available to provide customers a 6 star shopping experience.
*Order product based on sales forcasting and seasons.
*Merchandise product per Corporate guidelines to ensure quality, and include cross-merchandising and impulse buys.
*Verify that dept. is in corporate – more... and state compliance of food safety and sanitation.
*Keep daily logs of all distressed and throw-away merchandise, and verify proper disposa – less
Poor place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Troy, NYApril 12, 2013
At the time of my employment the women in this department were very petty and caddy. If they put forth the effort working vs. backstabbing and talking about another department employee It would have been a great place to work. I learned very quickly I did not want to be around this type of employee. People did not work together they just stood there – more... vs. jumping in and getting the customer moving faster by cutting their cheeses while I was cutting their coldcuts. Woman at the time who was the Deli Mgr. was just as guilty as the petty caddy girls were. She spoke about people amongst the employees in the department. Most enjoyable part of the job was when I went home and got away from these people and collecting my paycheck weekly was enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was keeping my mouth shut as I witnessed people backstabbing each other. – less
terrible
Night Manager (Current Employee), South Burlington, VTApril 7, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: why bother
expect everything from liitle or no training unrealistic demands put on employees
Enjoyable, fast paced place to work. I loved my job.
Full-time Produce Clerk Lead Melon Bar Clerk (Former Employee), Brunswick, NYApril 4, 2013
Pros: loved what i did, and the pay was good and some of the benefits are not offered anywhere else.
Cons: everything is changing and not hiring full time employees.
I enjoyed working for the company and loved my job there. I was always busy all day which I liked alot. Really enjoyed the people I worked with and would consider going back to work for them. I have to be moving, I don't know if I could do a sit down job.
Rough First Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Hudson, NYApril 4, 2013
Pros: friends worked there, some experience with customers
Cons: only one lunch throughout entire year, was never rewarded when everyone else was at least once
Was always picked on and yelled at for nothing at all. Did everything like I should and was told, but majority of co-workers and supervisors hated me for no reason. At least I had a few friends who were there sometimes. I would never go back to working at the Hudson Price Chopper.
I love my job!
Cashier (Current Employee), Owego, NYApril 2, 2013
Cons: a cashier cannot get full time hours
I enjoy my job very much. I work nights so I work well at completing my tasks on my own. The most enjoyable part of my job working at night I have many customers that return each night that are friendly. I enjoy getting to know these individuals.
The co workers there the longest were boys
Produce (Former Employee), Palentine Bridge NYApril 2, 2013
Got the job done did what I was told without incident I knew I was joining the USMC I let my self go a few months before I shipped off
productive to work at "its like family"
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Binghamton, NYMarch 25, 2013
Pros: when we get free lunch during holidays
Cons: short breaks, somewhat ok healthcare.
A Typical day at work is when we help customers with the groceries.. like the FE will need help and one of customer service comes out and go one register to ring them out faster. I have learned that good customer service will make customers happy and that they will come back. I was a lead guest service clerk which is an assistant to an office supervisor – more... which it only lasted a year because we moved to a new building and i didnt reapply in time. My Customer Service Co-workers is most careing people i ever worked with. But i would love to try for banking which im good cashing checks and count out money to customers and I get the line down in about 5 minutes depends how many customers are in the line. The hardest part of my job is that I get attitude from my higher supervisor if I make a little mistake or no mistake and by customers when there is a mistake on their receipt or wont be able to cash their check. The most enjoyable part of my job is when everyone is happy and the day went by quickly. I think its time for me to move up in the banking business which I'm trying to do.. Please help me out with that I will be greatful.
fun
Cashier (Current Employee), Cooperstown, NYMarch 23, 2013
Pros: if you get 6 stars. you get a 50$ gift card
Cons: the hours are to short in the winter
It's fun working with people & meet new ones along the way. The only bad part is that they are only part time company. So in the winter normally you only get 5-10 hours a week. The summer how ever is busy. You get like 15-25 hours a week.
Fun environment, great co-workers.
Deli Teammate (Current Employee), Lincoln, NHMarch 22, 2013
Pros: many opportunities for advancement
Cons: few working hours available.
Supportive staff. Hardest part of the job is the end of night clean up. The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers. I love the customer service part of the job.
Was a good first job, they were flexible and it was a very easy going enviroment
Bakery Clerk to Cake decorator (Former Employee), Spencer, MA. - Worcester, MAMarch 22, 2013
Pros: there was always something to do
Cons: hours could vary from 15 hours a week to 45 hours a week
Typically I would spend my time cooking, cleaning and preparing for the next days activities. I was moved up to a cake decorator and designed a prepared orders and for the cases.
I learned how to decorate.
Management was constantly changing but most managers were nice and easy to talk to.
Most of my co-workers were nice and easy to get along with.
The – more... hardest part of the job was the constantly changing management.
I enjoyed being able to use my creativity on cakes. – less

About Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets, a subsidiary of The Golub Corporation is a regional grocery store chain that has 125+ stores in New – Read more

Price Chopper Supermarkets Photos