Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets United States Employee Reviews

A good job to work hard and encounter loyal co workers who will support you
2007-present worked as a produce clerk (Former Employee), Watertown, NYJune 27, 2013
Pros: easy to travel to, fun work
Cons: no chance to be full time, no chance to move upward in management.
*A typical day of work is arriving at work 7 AM and put on my apron and my PPE (personal protective equipment) and cull the wet rack. Trim and discard bad product and refill to attract customers to buy fresh product. After everything is filled I move onto the section of another co-worker and assist their work until they are finished or the floor is set.
Next is un-stacking the load and putting out new perishable product onto the sales floor and rotating the current stock as I shelf.

*Management was very fair to its employees. My department manager, provided workers with hours even if there were none to give.

*My co-workers were very focused and purpose driven in order to get the tasks of the day to be finished efficiently

*Hardest part of the job is having to explain that there is missing produce, either because it is simply out of stock, or out of season, and having to provide or suggest an alternative.

* The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to answer a produce question and share my cooking knowledge with a regular customer. It is also satisfying to have the product and present it to a customer when he/she doesn't see it.. They are always full of gratitude and speak positively about you.
Decent place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 21, 2013
Pretty decent starter job for in the work force, and good for the old timers who may need that extra buck or something to keep them busy.
Fun work environment
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJune 15, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers.
Price Chopper
Grocery Associate (Current Employee), Gardner, MAJune 15, 2013
Pros: easy, nice co-workers, nice customers, convenient location to me
Cons: just about everything else i didn't mention in pros.
Although I did learn working at Price Chopper, I also realized many things about it. Just like the other co-workers, I am underpaid. They don't really pay anyone what they're worth, nor do they have the money to give all of the co workers the hours they deserve. The store is in an awful location (Gardner Massachusetts). The management is not very good. Most of the time when I see the choices they make and the things they do I wonder if I could do better with that position. It's like they use their position as an excuse to make stupid mistakes. The Co-workers were fine, they are all hard working kids who really don't get paid what they're worth, because besides the management, they're all really hard workers. I can't really think of anything that I found hard there. All the work was very straight forward and easy. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I would have a lot of work to do and I would just keep working and making everything look nice until my shift was up.
fun place to work and very flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Mechanicville, NYJune 11, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough hours
On a typical day at work I ran register and bagged groceries. I learned how to work with money and how to stay organized. The managers here are wonderful and very understanding. They worked with my school schedule and were very flexible with my hours. My co-workers and I work well together and get along well. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to talk to the customers and make sure they were satisfied before leaving the store.
enjoyable place
grocery clerk (Former Employee), New Windsor, NYJune 7, 2013
Price Chopper is a pretty good store to work at and I would encourage anyone to work in the grocery industry who has a love for food.
Job with little growth opportunity
Front End Employee (Current Employee), Cicero, NYJune 5, 2013
After working in this position for the past three years I have made many friends and got to work with some great people. The downfall to this job is that there is very little room for growth in the company. This is why I am looking for something bigger and better.
Not a bad job if you decide to invest yourself.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Berlin, VTJune 2, 2013
Not a bad job if you decide to invest yourself. Management seemed to be lacking at times but overall they were effective at their job.
Great Opertunities
Customer Service/ Acting Supervisor Front- End (Current Employee), Richfield Springs, NYMay 30, 2013
Great job opportunities, work environment is good. Always room to learn new things.
Various (Former Employee), Barre, VTMay 26, 2013
The supervisors at Price Chopper supporst you and is very friendly and loves great workers
Fun Place & Meet many people
Cashier (Former Employee), Endicott, NYMay 20, 2013
Pros: everyone is friendly and helpful
Cons: hours get cut
If you want to advance in your career and not just be a cashier, don't work here
Worked with alot of people my age
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, CTMay 9, 2013
Pros: lots of short breaks
Cons: little pay for long hours
I stocked items and put them in the system. I was with the tree of life company so I helped with the natural food items.
good place to work with public
Cashier (Former Employee), Putnam, CTApril 29, 2013
Pros: interacting with the public
Cons: cut hours when college students come back
nice place of employment. staff is good. registers are pretty easy. most enjoyable part would be seeing new faces every day
great place to work
deli/ food service clerk ft (Former Employee), Glenmont, NYApril 23, 2013
Pros: great environment
i enjoyed cooking food for the public. ithe management staff was great to work for. the compamy itself was a great company to work for
Good place to grow
Seafood Manager (Former Employee), VariedApril 23, 2013
Pros: good benefits and good balance for home and work
Cons: typical corporate atmospher that has changed from when the company was younger.
Plenty of advancement. Always changing and growing company. Good compensation for duties done. Good balnce between home and work.
Great Customer Service.
Cashier (Former Employee), Matamoras, PAApril 22, 2013
Learned how to manage money and ring up customers groceries. Learned how to handle customer complaints and suggestions.
Good company to work for...
Produce Team Lead Clerk (Former Employee), West Lebanon, NHApril 14, 2013
*Supervise and train produce associates to ensure only exceptional quality product is available to provide customers a 6 star shopping experience.
*Order product based on sales forcasting and seasons.
*Merchandise product per Corporate guidelines to ensure quality, and include cross-merchandising and impulse buys.
*Verify that dept. is in corporate and state compliance of food safety and sanitation.
*Keep daily logs of all distressed and throw-away merchandise, and verify proper disposa
Poor place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Troy, NYApril 12, 2013
At the time of my employment the women in this department were very petty and caddy. If they put forth the effort working vs. backstabbing and talking about another department employee It would have been a great place to work. I learned very quickly I did not want to be around this type of employee. People did not work together they just stood there vs. jumping in and getting the customer moving faster by cutting their cheeses while I was cutting their coldcuts. Woman at the time who was the Deli Mgr. was just as guilty as the petty caddy girls were. She spoke about people amongst the employees in the department. Most enjoyable part of the job was when I went home and got away from these people and collecting my paycheck weekly was enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was keeping my mouth shut as I witnessed people backstabbing each other.
terrible
Night Manager (Current Employee), South Burlington, VTApril 7, 2013
Pros: non
Cons: why bother
expect everything from liitle or no training unrealistic demands put on employees
Enjoyable, fast paced place to work. I loved my job.
Full-time Produce Clerk Lead Melon Bar Clerk (Former Employee), Brunswick, NYApril 4, 2013
Pros: loved what i did, and the pay was good and some of the benefits are not offered anywhere else.
Cons: everything is changing and not hiring full time employees.
I enjoyed working for the company and loved my job there. I was always busy all day which I liked alot. Really enjoyed the people I worked with and would consider going back to work for them. I have to be moving, I don't know if I could do a sit down job.

About Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets, a subsidiary of The Golub Corporation is a regional grocery store chain that has 125+ stores in New – Read more

Price Chopper Supermarkets Salaries