Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Brad Kocick
Bakery (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYAugust 6, 2017
Price Chopper, is a good place to work people are kind and customers are easy to handle, but they give lack of hours to every employer they have......
Pros
People get along
Cons
Lack Of Hours
hectic atmosphere at times
Floral Designer and cashier (Former Employee) –  Vails Gate, NYAugust 6, 2017
Arrive at 7:00 am and do shrink, water plants and go over orders for the day. I would complete orders for delivery and send out orders to other florists for customers. I would interact with the customers and help out in other departments if needed. I loved to the customers and had a very good relationship with many. I worked well with others.
Pros
customers
Cons
payscale
fast paced
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAAugust 6, 2017
The associates are great to work with, management team was easy to work with. You get to enjoy and share all the holidays and festive seasons with the customers and coworkers. Making new friends everyday.
made new friends, but didn't like one of my bosses
Front End Associate / Bakery and Bagel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NYAugust 5, 2017
the job was ok, but one of the bosses I had in the bakery department wasn't the nicest one. there were times when he would make it hard for anyone to get along with him
Pros
good working atmosphere
Cons
hours and pay weren't the best
A good place to start for a first job
Customer service and relations (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAAugust 4, 2017
Its a good start for any teen who needs a job and has to start somewhere. I was first a cashier and through good work and always going above and beyond what was needed of me in a few short months I was asked to work the Service Desk. So if you really work hard and want to move up the managers will take notice of your work, but if that's not your thing then they will happily keep you for more hours if you want it.
Good company
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYAugust 3, 2017
Well organized pharmacy team. The staff for the pharmacy management is small but very efficient and focused on future growth and development. They are on the cutting edge or new trends in pharmacy
Tedious work place
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 3, 2017
same thing every day, will never change begins to feel as if you've touched the same jar of peanut butter for weeks straight. No matter how well you do, management will always find something to complain about within your work
It wasn't an awful place to work.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYAugust 2, 2017
My manager was good at her job, but my assistant manager was not that great. Depending on who I worked with it was a good day. The hardest part of the job was probably having to clean the deli while still taking food orders.
Decent for temporary work.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, NY 13617August 2, 2017
I worked here throughout highschool and it wasn't bad. I also worked here for a little bit after highschool and they gave me full-time quickly and wanted to keep moving me up.
Pros
fun people.
Cons
you sell and bag groceries
Hard work
Deli Associate, Cashier and, Custumer (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MA 01605August 1, 2017
I have learned so much at my job.. But the main thing is understanding custmers in a whole different way .. The hardest part of my job is not having more hours
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Money and hours
Fun and great environment
Cashier/supervisor/pharmacy clerk (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYAugust 1, 2017
I've been at price chopper since 2011 I love my job there and I love the people I work with. They never give you a hard time when emergencies pop up and you need to leave work right now. Great place to be
Pros
Great people, great company
Cons
Breaks go bye fast
Good Company
Cash Office Clerk/ Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 1, 2017
Great first job. There was room for growth even as a 16-17 year old with no other experience. As long as you work hard and are punctual you will be able to move up in this company.
Growing Company with many opportunities
Assistant Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Sidney, NYJuly 31, 2017
Working in the bakery is very rewarding; you are challenged with different goals and tasks to meet. Learning many different aspects of the job keep you on your toes and never feeling bored. There is always something to improve on or work towards.
they are great. wish they had them in joplin missouri
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 31, 2017
I loved working at price chopper. I wish they had price choppers here in joplin Missouri. if they did. I definitely work for them. great company. everyone at the liberty store is awesome.
Unappreciated by higher ups
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 30, 2017
Get ready to have no life other than work. You will put all your time into work to make the money you need to live. The harder you work the less appreciated you are.
Protacol
Food Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTJuly 29, 2017
it was a fast paced , learned the deli and roasters and customer service with customers, handling money i also was a cashier for a while, the job was long and stressful at times and my body usually hurt at the end of the day, the most enjoyable part were some of the people made it fun at times , some good people personalities and good humor. then their were the one who'd throw you under the bus [in a heartbeat, cutthroats,, beware
Pros
Fulltime
Cons
dealing with difficult coworkers
Management, Production, Customers First
Bakery Bench Manager (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 28, 2017
Typical Day at work: ask upon request (changes daily)
What I've learned over the years at Price Chopper, started me off with basic customer skills as a cashier that has lead to me being a bakery bench manager, overseeing daily sales and production as well as teammate control.
Management skill pertains to keeping sales and production/packaging at proper pace and neatness. Also helping improve teammates and enforcing proper daily activities.
The hardest part of my job is making sure all teammates follow safety codes and keep a safe work environment.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making a customer feel satisfied and making sure that everything they need is taken care of.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Not all employees following safe and productive work.
Always picking up the slack for other employees that didn do their job
Front end - maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 25, 2017
Good place for high school and college kids to work. Management does work with your schedule. If your a good worker though you get taken advantage off
Not the best place to work as a single mother
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 25, 2017
Schedules can be unpredictable and you are not guaranteed hours that are consistent. Too many social cliques. Was decent through for having a little extra income while getting through school.
Friendly team members
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYJuly 25, 2017
I have mainly learned how to communicate with customers, and how to handle stressful situations. On a daily basis I will encounter someone who is not having the best day, so I learn how to talk to them, and greet them with a smile despite being treated rudely. That is the most enjoyable part of the job, making someones day by simply asking them how they are!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Price Chopper Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Price Chopper Supermarkets Reviews by Location