Price Chopper Supermarkets

Price Chopper Supermarkets Employee Reviews in United States

It was alright
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYJanuary 11, 2016
Aside from the extreme tediousness of the mechanics and occasional unattainable work schedule, the job was alright. I didn't dread going to work, but I wasn't excited either. The employees were great and so was the managerial team, but it wasn't the best fit for me personally.
Pros
Long and frequent breaks, good work team
Cons
Annoying cash registers, over-the-top protocol
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 10, 2016
My day at work was fun and crazy at the same time, I was never bored, always had something to do, even when my duties was done. Management and my co-workers was nice, always made me laugh, they made m feel comfortable working there.
Busy but at times productive.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 1, 2016
A day in Price Chopper is relatively easy, besides having to handle cash everything else is pretty easy. Speaking to customers is at times amusing. There was certain shifts that i was put in maintenance and it was a lot of hard work.
Awesome place to work, great morals and training, management very professional
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Berlin, VTApril 11, 2016
I worked here for 18 years and would do it again if there was one in Virginia. Awesome Awesome company!!!
However pay is not that great.
Pros
Cons
Pay is not great
Fast-paced customer oriented work place
Front End Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 12, 2015
As a front end clerk your focus is entirely on the needs of the customer. You need to maintain a clean and orderly work space. Great communication skills are a must to assist customers with any needs. An employee must be very knowledgeable on all products, deals, and sales within the store. I learned how to stay composed in a fast paced environment especially when my attention is on multiple tasks at once. My co-workers were very friendly and ranged in all ages and backgrounds.
Departments are better
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTApril 30, 2016
I worked on the Front End for several years and really did not enjoy it. Once I worked in a department-the Pharmacy I loved it! I just do not feel they appreciate and support their workers the way they should
Good first job
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 24, 2014
Working at Price Chopper is a good first job for a teenager but there are very few full-time positions. They do offer a good benefits package though and in my experience co-workers are kind and friendly. I enjoyed working in multiple departments during my time there and being assigned multiple jobs each week which kept things interesting as I didn't have to come in day after day doing just one thing.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
limited full-time positions and room for promotion
It was a nice place to start
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 10, 2016
It can be very uneasy depending on the store manager some would appriecate the hard work and effort we put in our department and work while others constantly ignored accompliments and criticize
Pros
fleixable schedule, good co-workers
Cons
store managers the constantly ignored gains and made a toxic environment
Productive Work day
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 6, 2015
The management at this work place is very supportive. We always want to make the customer happy. Working alongside my colleagues and taking helpful tips from them is the most enjoyable part of my work day.
Pros
Works very well with school schedules
Cons
Short breaks, on your feet consantly
My Experience working at Price Chopper
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MODecember 14, 2015
Worked with customers, sacker groceries, and cleaned. The management was great and very helpful. I learned more about the customer service industry.
Pros
Great co workers, great management.
Cons
bad pay.
Been a long time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paola, KSFebruary 24, 2016
so I don't really remember much about it. Its been a long time so I don't really remember much about it. Is this long enough yet it must require quite a few characters.
Not a good work life
Customer Service/Florist (Current Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTAugust 3, 2015
Ive worked here for 14 years and I basically nothing to show for it. Management sucks, CEO and higher ups don't care for you. Management is a pain to talk too if you need something. No advancement within the company and really hard to get your store's HR person to contact you back. Best advice: stay away.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch on employee apprecition day
Cons
customers, short breaks, mean higher ups and mangement
price chopper is a well ran business that creates a positive enjoyable environment for customers and employees to be in
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 23, 2016
Large company where your just a number
Full Time Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAFebruary 7, 2015
Positions within the company vary. you are a slave to retail hours. no set schedule, nights and weekends are a must. The more you grow with the company the more they own you. Not a family friendly place to work. good benefits.
Pros
great bennifits
Cons
bad hours, politics is too much in advancement.
very good company / good benefits
grocery clerk (Current Employee) –  Lenox, MAApril 18, 2016
get at work socialize a little. then start the day.punch in then break the pallet down. then start stocking the shelves with the product.also wait on the customers when needed.
Meat clerk (Current Employee) –  Marlboro, MAApril 21, 2016
I work hard and deserve to move up as a cutter. I worked hard for seven years and I'm ready to be a meat cutter. They don't take care of their employees.
Pros
Their functional
Cons
They don't care for their employees
Good
Front End Supervisor and Staffing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTApril 27, 2016
I do not wish to write a review. The company has been a good company in many ways. It is a great start for anyone looking for basic customer service and skills training and work.
Advanced Company with Forward thinking Training and Technologies
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 19, 2016
Very forward thinking and many advanced technologies to assist us everyday. Great benefits with very good compensation.
Great Customers
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTMarch 23, 2016
The customers make it a very fun place to work. Its fast paced so the time goes by quick.I hate jobs where you just sit aound
Pros
I live in Torrington, the store is in Torrington
Cons
Lots of promises no follow thru
Good workplace
Bagging / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barre, VTNovember 1, 2015
A typical work day for me is to dust around the stores, put items back on the shelves if needed, bag customer groceries, and help out customers find items and out to their cars. I learned that good customer service is key to a job. All my co- workers are very nice. The hardest part of the job is that it can be really busy and you have to multi task. The most enjoyable part of the job is laughing with my co-workers and getting along with them. I like helping customers out with what they need.
Pros
Can get b usy
Cons
N/A