Price Self Storage Employee Reviews

leasing agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for Price Self Storage. My customers were the highlight of my day. My co workers were also a joy to work with
Stressful work environment due to management.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2014
Management provides no support once hired. Unrealistic expectations.
Average
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2013
Day to day duties, would include daily tasks. Counting the drawer, moving units and in and out. Checking up on available units etc. Not an admirable place to work, in an honest opinion it was a horribly managed facility. Very lucrative industry with Military deployments, however when they come back they are very displeased. Lack of management leads to angry customers, which was dealt with by staff level employees such as myself.
Pros
non
Cons
all
no respect for employees
Leasing Agent/ Maintenance -Full Time (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2013
My 3 1/2 years working for price self storage was living hell. My job position was leasing agent/maintenance. My typical day would consist of renting units, answer calls and maintain the property cleanliness by performing duties requested by the manager. i learned that the company doesn't care so much for there employees, in fact since i been working there, i seen about 10 to 15 old/new employee who has been fired, laid off , or quit the company. The Management team can not trust and do not back up there employee. I haven't had a not one yearly review or raise for the 3 1/2 years working for the company. The only good thing about my job was co-workers. Never had a problem with any of my co-worker and everyone felt the same way about how bad the company treats there employees. The hardest part of the job has be dealing with out of control customers. the most enjoyable part of the job as to be the free gift we receive from tenants. I felt like the customer appreciate the workers more then our own management team.
Pros
free gift from customers
Cons
no yearly raise, over work employees, benefits
Hostile work environment....
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 15, 2013
At first, working for Price was calm and fun. Within six months the micro-management began and it grew steadily worse from there on in. Policies changed daily and there were times we were not informed, so if we violated something or didn't do something right, we were reprimanded. Upper management used to help us get tenants in to rent with minor price adjustments or really awesome specials. Those began to disappear and we were constantly denied any price adjustments to beat our competitors. Rates began to increase at an accelerated rate that tenants vacated quicker than you could blink. Corporate began belittling employees, threatening their jobs if we couldn't rent and we received no help on their end to get tenants in to rent. Their marketing strategies were pointless and cost the company loads of money. Promised bonuses never happened and the moment we were due for a raise we were let go. I would never recommend anyone working for this company due to how they treat not only their employees, but their own customers.
Pros
tenant relations were great. met lots of good people.
Cons
everything else about the working there when dealing with corporate was stressful.
For a Steady Long Term Career
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek CaOctober 29, 2012
I'm a manager, I have excellent customer service and great with sales!
Self storage management
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAOctober 7, 2012
I worked for this company for 2.5 years. They always put pressure on you and tell you that you will be fired in the next few weeks (this happened when I worked my way into management). They promise you raises and bonuses that never happen. I would have rated this as a one if I could have but the system would not let me score it that low.
Pros
free housing
Cons
everything else
N/A
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2012
Working for Price Self Storage I have sharpen my sales skills as well as my customer service skills.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very stressful
Leasing Agent/ Superviser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2012
I would open the business and check the massages. Answer multi-task phone borad. Help customers with their units, sweep/wax the floor. Drive the truck.

2.6