PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Oracle and SQL database administrator is responsible for designing, implementing, supporting, and maintaining the Oracle and SQL databases environments to insure high availability.
- Responsible for establishing and documenting architectural guidelines and best practices for Oracle and SQL databases.
- Provide automation facilities to deploy and manage Oracle and SQL databases
- Responsible for supporting and improving the effectiveness of Oracle and SQL databases to help the company operations.
- Responsible for reviewing, evaluating, designing, implementing, and maintaining Oracle and SQL databases.
- Provide Oracle and SQL database administration and maintenance for custom and packaged software applications, to include installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, database backup and recovery
- Detect, troubleshoot, and resolve database server related issues and manage day to day tasks.
- Establish architectural guidelines and best practices, support and improve effectiveness of Oracle and SQL databases
- Administer all database objects: indexes, tables, views, constraints, functions, and stored procedures
- Oracle and SQL update/patch process
- Designing, implementing, and certifying disaster recovery plan and (DR) strategies
- Clustering and High Availability
- Evaluate and recommend new database middleware tools and technologies.
- Performance tuning and optimization for Oracle and SQL databases
- Maintain database documentation of hardware and software configuration.
- Work with Network administrators to achieve data security compliance standards
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases including, but not limited to logging, replication, and back-up.
- Assist as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required.
- Ensure that all workloads are executed on time as defined by their schedule.
- Support staff programmers.
5+ years as a senior Oracle and SQL DBA, systems architect and technical developer
- Oracle 11G, Data Guard, ASM, RMAN, diagnostics and tuning packs
- SQL server 2008 R2 Standard and Enterprise with Reporting and Integration services
- Experience with Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) for Databases
- Experience IBM (Power ) & Dell X86 hardware, Microsoft Windows servers 2008/2012
- Experience with PL/SQL. Perl, Python, Unix scripting
- Experience working with Oracle Support Services to resolve issues and familiar with Oracle's escalation procedures
- Ability to maintain multiple environments; i.e., development, production, DR target
- Experience creating and disseminating standard build documentation and best practices
- Good teaming/interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills are required
- Commitment to success of IT department goals
- Desire to help other members of the team (eg. Training)
- Excellent customer services, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Able to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to a fast changing environment.
We offer attractive salaries, compensation benefits and a progressive work environment. For immediate consideration please e-mail your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer.