GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To analyze, design, develop, install and maintain business and management information systems and procedures; assist in the total project development process; provide specific computer and business expertise necessary to solve production and maintenance problems in assigned project/systems areas.
KEY JOB RESPONSABILITIES:
- Analyzes business problems as requested by users or department management. Solicit cooperation and participation of user personnel in the collection of data and determination of system requirements.
- Participates in evaluation of proposed business system, develops systems specifications, estimates hours and dollars for the project, and develops a system proposal for user and systems staff approval.
- Participates in walk through of system and program design.
- Assists in the training and direction of assigned analysts in the development of computer systems/programs; monitors and controls project progress.
- Designs adequate methods of testing the system and solicit aid from users in verifying results.
- Works with user personnel to schedule the system implementation; controls the initial or parallel running of the system before production.
- Prepares documentation of the system including technical documentation, operations instructions, and user instructions.
- Designs controls for the system, monitor their implementation, and reviews their effectiveness.
- Continuously monitor systems for adequacy, technical obsolescence, operational efficiency, file security, technical improvements, latent errors, changes in the business environment, and reports needs for improvements to management.
- Performs necessary maintenance to systems and aids in the solution of production problems in a multi-shift computer operation, occasionally requiring problem resolution outside of normal working hours
- Works closely with highly skilled professional and technical staff in the development and maintenance of applications software; coordinates requirements of the user and system with computer operations, technical support and management personnel
- Operates under the direction of the Director of Development and the Vice President of Information Technology.
An understanding and working knowledge of: Computer hardware including mainframes, microcomputers, peripheral devices and terminals.
- Computer systems and application software.
- Computer programming languages.
- Data base and file access software.
- Experience with JD Edward’s and custom programs in the areas of accounting, distribution, operations, and buying.
- Experience with providing systems support by telephone
- Expertise with MS Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, as well as PowerPoint.
- Able to communicate well orally and in writing
- Experience with iSeries operations: back-up, monitoring jobs, working with output queues
- Requires a demonstrable competence in computer technology, specific business disciplines, and human relation skills to address/resolve technical system problems.
- Work in an environment of constantly evolving and rapidly changing hardware and software technology.
- Operates amid constantly changing project priorities.
- Works and communicates with highly technical staff.
- Works in an unstructured environment with stress-oriented situations
We offer attractive salaries, compensation benefits, and a progressive work environment. For immediate consideration please e-mail your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 8 months ago