PriceRite Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Quick and fun
Cashier/Floater/CGO/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 11, 2017
Coworkers were great, management had some issues. It was a great job, and provided me with a lot of beneficial skills. Everybody was inviting, and i was well trained.
PriceRite Supermarkets
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2017
Good job to start out with if in need of a job. The work is easy and the customers are friendly as well as the management staff. Only discrepancies are the hourly pay and amount of hours allowed.
Good Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAOctober 5, 2017
Love working here, great job with great people. Only wish that their was opportunities to advance and got more hours or even a full time job. Great working experience overall.
Pros
fun
Cons
not enough hours
fast pace
Full Time Lead Clerk & Hiring Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 5, 2017
Depending what store you work in its very fast pace, always busy and something to do. Job is good if your looking for part time, find it hard to move up to a full time position
okay place
Carts/Meat Dept. Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 3, 2017
It was my first job. Alot of good people to meet but they wont let you have a set schedule. I moved up with hard work but never trained properly. its good for a first job
Good place to start, bad place to park.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAOctober 2, 2017
Like with all entry level jobs you get in and immediately are ready to get out. The only thing really worth staying for is the comfortablility of working here.
Great work place, relaxing and calm envirement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTSeptember 29, 2017
I can honestly say that I enjoyed working at price rite. Being that I consider myself as a people's person who has great characteristics and positive energy i enjoyed it.
Very Quick Paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 28, 2017
At Price Rite You Have To Be Ready And On Your Feet. Its A Very Fun Workplace And The People That Work There Are Very Friendly And Fun To Be Around There's Usually No Arguments.
Calm workplace
PriceRite Cashier (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 24, 2017
Highly recommended I would definitely work here the people are good and you fit in instantly everyone is super nice there is nevet any in work problems between anyone
Productive, and fun fast pase enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 20, 2017
On a typical day ....punch in greet other employees and customers grab a till and you day starts with showing your customers you appreciate there business .....
Pros
The people

Want to know more about PriceRite Supermarkets?

Ask a question
The employees make it a fun place to work!
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Revere, MASeptember 15, 2017
It's a stressful atmosphere. If you have anxiety or problems dealing with the public and high stressed situations, it is not the job for you. Even department employees have to deal with customers.

There is a lot of sales with EBT food stamps and occasionally their system doesn't work. I found this to be a frustrating situation.

I also found some of the managers very difficult to locate when their help was needed. And almost everything requires a manager and/or their signature. The managers do too much multi tasking.

If your young and energetic, you will most likely enjoy working here.
Pros
Great employees and can be a fun place to work
Cons
Very stressful and can be long hours on your feet
stressfull but flexible
Grocery Stocker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 14, 2017
i would have to refill Groceries , when i got to work all bread , milk eggs & beverages were empty and when i got to the back to refill the spots i would have to get a jack to move the older dated products to the front , i hardly learned much & i was always on my toes trying to catch up
Pros
Pot lucks
Cons
Fast paced and stressing with no benefits
Fun work place
Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Price Rite was the first place I was actual cashier it showed me how to honestly treat people even if they had a nasty attitude with a great and positive attitude to make their day better I would love to do it again
First job out of highschool
Porter (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 12, 2017
First place I got hired at as a porter and wasn't a bad place it was part time random schedule but for retail wasn't too awful except the first of the months when food stamps came out then it got crazy for a few days but overall not a bad place
I'm a very hard worker
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 9, 2017
price rite was a fast paced job you had to be fast working thee you also would need to have good communication skills and know how to work with your hand and also think fast
Pros
Hard worker
Wouldnt recomend this place to work
Dairy Stocker (Current Employee) –  Willimantic, CTSeptember 8, 2017
Not a good place to work
Not enough hours
Managers dont follow company rules
Write ups are giving how they feel like writting the employes up
Workers not treated equal
Pros
Cons
Everything is wrong in this place they dont care about employees or customers
Had a good time threw out my 5 years with my company
Freezer Worker (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 7, 2017
I liked working here was alittle confusing with all of the people leaving n having to cover for people because lack of backup but overall id say the company is creditable
Pros
Gift cards.food.
Cons
Alot of people coming and going which affects the way the team works ..lack of advancement
Fast Pace
Supervisor/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI 02903September 7, 2017
Supervised and approved overrides from all cashiers. Made refunds and exchanges for customers. Provided change for cashiers and etc. Overall its a good place to work.
Pros
Gain customer service experience
Cons
Only a Part time job
An excelent Experience
General Clerk, Cashier and Carts (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 7, 2017
It helped me gain professional and customer service experience. The hardest was dealing with a problematic co-worker. The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Pros
You meet a lot of new people.
Cons
Can be taxing on holidays
A Good Temporary Job - Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJSeptember 5, 2017
I was with Price Rite longer than I should have been. I've started as a cashier and was 'promoted' to more stress and same pay. Overall, this is a good place to start if you're looking for a quick job. In other words, if you can walk and breathe they will take you.

Let's start with the pros:
+Flexible scheduling
+Benefits
+Easy Job
+Friendly Coworkers

By far, I had some great times at PR and it was thanks mostly to the people that worked there. (Excluding a few bad apples) And being a college student, the flexibility really gave me time to focus on my studies.

Now the cons:
-Condescending Management
-Part time only (20-30 hours)
-Pushing Carts (regardless of weather)
-Pay (minimum wage)
-Assistant Manager

One of my issues is the way management would sometimes speak to me. They would speak to me in such a condescending way at times. It could range from a 'kiddo' type of tone to a 'did you really just do that?' tone. In addition to having one of the assistant managers being rude and disrespectful, it lowered my opinion of management. This isn't really a big deal. However, my concern is in the pay and work involved.

As a male cashier, pushing carts in the heat/cold for the bottom-of-the-barrel pay isn't appealing to anyone. And having to rush in to the store to run the cash register on top of that while others will chill+slack off made me lose my drive to work there. I didn't receive enough acknowledgment or pay for my work.

Overall:
Not that bad of a job, but this place should only be a place-holder There are better job opportunities out there than
  more... PR. And management isn't as bad as I made it out to be. They are supportive and friendly, with the exception of one of the assistant managers. There were good and bad, but like I said don't over-extend your stay here. You're better off working for Shoprite.  less