PriceRite Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Work Place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 20, 2017
It was a job for the time being. Although, i had worked there for about 10 months it wasn't what i really wanted. My co-workers were great and the people coming in on a daily basis were great and always made me happy so that was the plus to working for Price Rite. I departed due to the fact that it wasn't beneficial toward what i wanted in life. However, the amount of people i met was an awesome outcome because still to this day some of them administer assistance when needed.
Cons
Short Breaks, No benefits, Not enough pay for the amount of stuff performed.
Challenging work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandNovember 30, 2016
Working for this company is a challenging experience on a daily basis. You are held to high expectations with limited resources.To be successful you need to be on top of organizing and planning for weeks, or in some cases months ahead of time. It is an environment that is constantly changing, so you must be able to adapt and adjust to change quickly.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance
It is an alright work place if you can only work part time
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  3124 Vestal parkway E vestal 13850September 23, 2016
I honestly don't think the pay for being a supervisor is fair and you are only promised part time work. I like a lot of my co workers they tend to be great team members. What I don't like about my job is the responsibility of a supervisor when it comes to the accounting part I feel like I am under paid. I don't have a set schedule every week it is posted just a few days before the next week so I can't plan ahead really. I go into work clock in count a drawer for the day as needed wait on customers when a cashier or front end supervisor, but three out of seven days I am in the accounting office.
Pros
401k benefits, paid personal time, paid vacations
Cons
Not enough hours or pay
Good job
Stock Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 29, 2016
Decent pay and friendly working environment with good management, also has good team environment career advancement is possible but rare would suggest to entry level careers
Pros
Rate environment
Cons
Raises
fast pace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDJanuary 26, 2017
good company, mandatory overtime for asst. good benefits. learn gp ratios. hardest part is hi turn over of cashier. flexible schedule
Pros
fast pace
Cons
work enviroment
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAOctober 5, 2016
Draw balancing,
Always busy with lines and sales
Meet daily and weekly goals
Given incentives to gain put lucks or
company competition
Pros
flexible hours, able to work upon call
Cons
no 401k, minimal hours unless during holiday season
It's a Good Place to Start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAAugust 29, 2016
Overall, Price Rite is a decent place. This is where I gained most of my customer service knowledge. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly, but the some of the supervisors were not.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits
Great company to work at while going to college.
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 31, 2017
Price Rite was a very fast paced job. Responsible for the cleanliness of every aisle and product as well as stocking all items. I was also responsible to fill in any other departments and deemed necessary; meat, produce, collecting carts outside, registers, and receiving. The company would work around my college classes which was a huge weight off of my shoulders and made my college career a lot easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be stress free as it did not interfere with college classes, The hardest part of the job was not being bi lingual and having to communicate and assist a very diverse range of customers whom weren't fluent in english.
Pros
Worked around college courses.
Cons
Dealing with rude customers.
Hostile working enviorment
Assistant Night Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 7, 2016
I did not like the way management treated and spoke with the employees. Working for Price Rite, you are an at will employee, meaning you could be terminated at any point with no specific reason. Management used that to their advantage and treated workers poorly
Pros
Cons
no benefits, short lunch, under satffed
not great
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 20, 2016
benefits and pay are ok but work load is too demanding. store management is always stressed out by upper management with unrealistic goals. employees are terrible. no one wants to work, and that's IF they even show up. WORST break room I've ever seen. Company has some of the stupidest rules I've ever heard of. Human Resources department is atrocious! very inconsistent, always changing the rules.

Want to know more about PriceRite Supermarkets?

Ask a question
My supervisors and cashiers were easy to get along with.
Front End Lead Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 11, 2016
Working at Price Rite was a job of mixed feelings. You deal with customers on their worst and bad days. Having patience is key because the customer is always right and you want to make sure that the customer leaves the store satisfied. A typical day at Price Rite is working on a ton of reshop and solving a number of problems. I learned at Price Rite how important communication is. It is important to explain step by step if something is wrong because it is easy for someone to misunderstand you. Management at Price Rite could be a little better. It was easy to talk to them but some issues were never resolved. I just had to put up with it. My coworkers were overall good people. I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of my job was not being understood. The most enjoyable parts of my job were meeting new customers.
Pros
Annual Job Parties
Cons
No communication
It was okay I guess...they need to pay crew members more
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Secane, PAJanuary 21, 2017
Working at Wendy's was a simple job. Usually I would work at the back window, using the cashier and washing dishes. Management was very nice but very hard on me to make sure I would get everything done by the end of my shift. Although management was nice, the other employees there were very rude and unprofessional. Honestly, the only thing I enjoyed about working at wendy's was meeting nice customers and receiving a check. I would probably never work at a fast food restaurant ever again because of the low pay and the amount of work that they expected us to do.
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
low pay, rude employees
American Company, multi-billion company, low salary pay.
Front End Supervisor/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 9, 2017
A typical Supervisor shift is 7 hours with only a 15 minute break, and the company will not exceed over 28 hours weekly. A very active job that requires to be on your feet all day, lots of physical work, and strong verbal + write English skills is the highest requirement. A company whom gives a lot of responsibilities for a Bookkeeper, low paying per hour. Very fast pace workplace, and customer service is a high command for Supervisors. Higher management can do better, should treat their employees the same respect as the CEO not like a number and be more understanding. Co-workers are okay, but I like how it is a very diversity workplace. Not a easy job to get hired by, must have high-strong working skills. Hardest part of the job are our busiest days, not enough team members per work shift, and no backup is available. Most enjoyable part of the job is you create building customer-friendships & along with some employees too.
Pros
Holiday pot-o-luck parties.
Cons
Only one 15 min break for each 7 hour or less shift, work gossiping.
Fun and active working environment
Cart Clerk/Bale Operator/Meat Clerk/Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  District Heights, MDDecember 10, 2016
Nice regular working day at work and with cool customers I can say. I learn numerous abilities working in all departments of price rite, from cutting fruit/vegetables, tagging/weighing meat, organizing dairy, and to operating the bale compacter. Management is good they will assist you with your needs and help with a difficult project. Co-workers are cool, helpful, and productive. The hardest part is being delayed on completing your project. The most enjoyable part is getting weekly every Friday.
Pros
fun, friendly, good hours for part time and good pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJanuary 21, 2017
Usually the days were busy, but when they weren't their wasn't much to do other than stand at the end of out registers. I learned you have to be really careful with money. The management was alright. Everyone was pretty friendly for the most part. Was to get out of my comfort zone, and be more outgoing. I realized the great thing about working is being ambitious, and to be able to provide for yourself, and having your own money is always nice.
Pros
Most customers were friendly, Nice supervisors.
Cons
Short breaks, meat was gross, and produce was gross.
An all-around welcoming and fun place to work
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 30, 2016
I have been with Price Rite for a few years now in the whole time I have been there it has been fantastic. I work as hard as I need to to advance. It's taking some time but I know things usually work out there when you try your best. I love the cashiers ands the management and the supervisors and a lot of the other people in the other departments. We have our usual customers which make the job great and then we have our rude customers which I do my best to tolerate and go on with my day. The only thing I have to complain about is that a lot of the times not everyone is on the same page. But other than that in the fact that we barely can hold on to a manager for more than a year it's a great place. I'm glad I work there. They say the average person goes through seven jobs in their lifetime to find the perfect one but this was my first job ever and I don't ever want to leave
Pros
The parties, the management
Cons
Moving management around too much
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Swansea, MAOctober 10, 2016
This was a fun environment. I enjoyed being a cashier here due to the fact that I am a perople person and I love meeting people. There were opportunities for advancement but I had to quit due to my pregnancy. Great people, great employer.
Pros
good environment
Cons
long hours standing
nice place to work but very unorganized
Produced Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMay 22, 2016
PriceRite is a very friendly plaace to work at. Under the right management you can learn how to become a great employee and leader.
Pros
salary
Cons
new management
no growth
front end supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 17, 2016
you do not advance.
they offer no raise or rewards for good work.
they hire and fire people way to much.
under appreciated
productive and fun workplace
customer service and cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 20, 2016
A work that had its hours of stress and good times depended upon who was in charge but had their benefits to purchase food for the house at a low cost
Pros
food discount
Cons
low work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PriceRite Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9