PRICERITE Employee Reviews

Not enough mula
Bakery stocker (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJNovember 18, 2016
I would come in as a cashier clerk, was then promoted. I learned how to block items, Point of Sales system, cooperating with a teams. Great environment, and great people. Had to leave due to low income. Hardest part was dealing with some management. I loved everything about the job except the hours.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Only part time, No full-time, Not enough hours, No set schedule.
Fun and professional enviroment
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTOctober 26, 2016
Great job experience. I learned alot. Great stepping stone to further my career. Management really works with you to help you and the company. Made sure employees were well trained.
great place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Secane, PAOctober 10, 2016
the second u walk in you will be greeted with a warm welcome and a friendly hello, then will be asked id u need any help finding anythingm team members treat each other like family any the store manager is the best boss you could ever ask for he listens and try ver very hard to help you with whatever a customer or a team member needs.
Very fast past work environment lots of opportunities
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 23, 2016
The staff are very knowledgeable. It's a great environment.
My duties where condense all frozen department to make room for new products. Also keep the big freezer clean and condensed for new products space.
Productive and Fun
Porter (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work for me is pretty productive. I love working beside other people that enjoy the work. Everyday I learn something new so i'm always all ears hungry for knowledge. The hardest part of the day is like the last five minutes when time decides that i'm a drag the rest of time out. The easiest part of a work day is my production. the more that i am productive the less i think that i'm working.
Pros
Honest the best pro is the pay check
Cons
Working with a person who makes you do all the work
Good Places for a Starter
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAAugust 16, 2016
The Price Rite grocery store is not like a regular supermarket store. They are more like a discount store. The typical working day for 1st & 2nd shift usually run from 6 am to closing (8, 9 or 10 pm). There is an overnight shift who works 8+ hour shift.

Not a bad working environment to work with employers and customers. This kind of working place is best for a starter. A first job to get in to learn as a Cashier or doing different type of Clark position.

I think the Grocery Clark is the best position in the store. Since Grocery Clark dose the most floor work in the store. Doing various of duty. From doing the dairy in frigate to stocking canned of vegetables on the shelf. Doing some of the porters work around the inside store to keep the place nest.

Working with the manger co-worker can be fun to work with. Sometime employee would be working alone around the store as well.

The hardest part can be dealing with the freezer to take out some ice creams, bag of ice cube or pies cake to stock it.

Overall, this type of job can be a fun working environment place to work at.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 28, 2016
I started out in receiving, became the receiving manager, floor sales, cashier, stock and inventory trained. Knew how to operate their computer systems as well. Very friendly, great pace.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
lack of communication from superiors
provided job experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MAApril 12, 2016
poorly managed institution, protocol and policies were broken daily by management. A hostile work environment was typical with both management and employees. I learned about cashiering, but my co-workers and management were too hostile for me to continue working for their company. My ideal job consists of a calm and friendly environment for both employees and customers with outstanding customer service.
Pros
job experience
Cons
breaks were sometimes not given/not the required amount of time, protocol was often broken by management, hostile work environment
Customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2016
Customer service has always been a priority for me. Just being conscious of who's around me and what I can do to better someone's day means the world to me.
Leading the way everyday.
Inventory/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seekonk, MAMarch 10, 2016
Sending out orders to ensure stock to prepare for the day. Maintaining floor stock rotating bread and bakery sales.Stocking shelves checking counts and fixing inventories on a day to day basis.
While cashier and dealing directly with vendors and management.
Helping customers to locate items and recommending quality merchandise.While Always providing excellent customer service throughout the day.
Great Experience
Overnight Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDOctober 26, 2015
It was wonderful to work at PriceRite they gave me a terrific learning experience.They taught me about teamwork and leadership.
A little rough
Shoe Salesman/Cashier (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 18, 2015
I was an amazing cashier by their standards. one of the more liked employees and even then they were a little over bearing on me. The expected extremely high speed rings per minute, if there was any mess up with money, that being dropping money while with a customer then that can become w write up. If you ever needed time off like I did then prepare to be threatened with a job loss. I needed time off for college testing and was threatened to be fired for asking for the time off, a month in advanced.
Pros
Great for High school students to get some easy pocket money.
Cons
Respect was non existent.
It was an okay place to work[I would of liked more hours]
cashier[retail] (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 16, 2015
PriceRite was an okay place to work but they failed to follow through with what was promised to their employees so many hours a week and then did not follow through on it.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
store was messy, did not get the amount of hours promised
Front end Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 5, 2015
Working at pricerite it was a great company. I enjoyed the employees I worked with and we all acted like family together. T
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
Short breaks
CGO COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  seekonk maMay 11, 2015
It feels great being able to help customer locate items and order special items for them. A great team of management to work for. we are like a big family.
Productive and confortable place.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Holyoke,Mass.March 10, 2015
I learned many skills in that job. I had good Supervisors and my co-workers were very cooperative persons.The hardest part of the job was when there was many abscens and I had to duplicate my tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fellowship.
Cons
Short breaks
Internship
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 7, 2014
Woodenkiwi I a fun place to work at because of the other employees and the best thing about working there is that you know by the end of the day you will have a finished product.
3rd shift worker
Stock/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 25, 2014
I liked this job money wasn't great but it was a pay check still wish I was working there
Day At PriceRite
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 11, 2014
A typical day at PriceRite was busy because besides Stop & Shop or WalMart we were a popular grocery store. I learned how to become a team player and a leader when working with my other co-workers. Management was very supportive and communicated well with employees and customers. The hardest part of the job was nothing. But the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with the customers and just the job itself.
Pros
Assisting the customers, meeting new people and learning new things.
Cons
Hours and no raise.
its a fun and plesant work place that why I stay with this company.
Produce clerk/supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 13, 2014
Love working for this company but it is very hard to get a full time position for this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRICERITE. Our community is ready to answer.