PRICERITE

PRICERITE Employer Reviews

3rd shift worker
Stock/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 25, 2014
I liked this job money wasn't great but it was a pay check still wish I was working there
Day At PriceRite
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamden, CTJune 11, 2014
Pros: assisting the customers, meeting new people and learning new things.
Cons: hours and no raise.
A typical day at PriceRite was busy because besides Stop & Shop or WalMart we were a popular grocery store. I learned how to become a team player and a leader when working with my other co-workers. Management was very supportive and communicated well with employees and customers. The hardest part of the job was nothing. But the most enjoyable part of – more... the job was meeting and interacting with the customers and just the job itself. – less
its a fun and plesant work place that why I stay with this company.
Produce clerk/supervisor (Current Employee), Lynn, MAMay 13, 2014
Love working for this company but it is very hard to get a full time position for this company
assist people fastpaced friendly enviornment
Supervisor/bookeeper (Former Employee), New Britain, CTApril 16, 2014
assisting customers on a daily basis with their wants and needs being part of a great environment
alright place to work
Third shift grocery, Stocker (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: third shift
Cons: part time employees treated awful.
I would typically have my own department to manage. I learned product placement and display building. Management was horrible to part time employees and great to full timers. Hardest part of the job was inventory. The best part of job was third shift hours.
fast paced, hard work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 28, 2013
great co-workers, time flys by unless you dont know how to do the work.
Great Prodct and Friendly Faces
cashier (Former Employee), Buffalo NYDecember 17, 2013
Pros: fun job
Cons: upper management
Pricerite is a good environment for young workers. Basically it is a grocery job. To get a career there it takes hard work and time, however nothing is set in stone. I loved the people I worked with.
Productive, fun and fast paced place to work
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Henrietta, NYDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great workers
Cons: short breaks
Run cash office and prepare finacial reports for In-store and corporate review.
Perform recordkeeping and balancing procedures.
Supervised front-end employees and supervisors.
Pricerite
Third shift grocery stocker (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RINovember 25, 2013
Pros: eight our shifts
Cons: company policies
I overall liked the steady amount of work to keep me busy. I learned product placement and display building. I did not like the management. They placed little value on there workers. I liked working third shift and pushing myself to do my best.
Great place to work!
Cashier (Current Employee), District Heights, MDJune 3, 2013
Pros: if you need the money it's worth it.
Cons: short breaks, you are asked to do more than the job for which you applied.
The work is fast paced. The environment is friendly. They have very flexible hours and always work with employees schedules. They also have great benefits after you've been employed for a year or more. Holiday pay and Sunday time and a half when you join.
Very fast paced work environment
Night Crew Manager (Current Employee), Hyde Park, MAApril 8, 2013
Manage and instruct crew members to perform specific tasks. Pull product out of the back room which can be difficult at times due to lack of space and mobility. Unload and receive trailers during the night to stock shelves, floor and cases with low product levels. The most enjoyable part of work is being able to develop relations with the other members – more... on an professional level, hone their work habits and skills as well as create friendships and network with my coworkers. The management team for the store is very strict and at times can have organization issues. – less
Fun Work Place
Cashier (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 26, 2013
Pros: i get to help others
Cons: the first week of the month
-the co-workers are nice and friendly
-the hardest part of the job is when the FOOD STAMP money come and the costomers start acting crazy
Learned much of my work experience from PriceRite
Clerk and Receiver (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMarch 1, 2013
My first job was with Pricerite in 2002. I learned customer service skills, stocking procedures, rotation, sales, social skills, and exceeded in growing with the company up until 2011.
Grocery Store
Cahier (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAJanuary 16, 2013
When I came in I had to count in draw. I running register. I counted my draw at the end of my shift.
Great store to shop at to save money in your wallet but not a great place third shift working part time due to minimum wage.
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee), Swansea, MADecember 5, 2012
Pros: its a job.
Cons: part time, minimum wage, 3rd shift
My poor review on the company is solely based on wage amount that they pay someone working part time. They look to hire part timers there because it saves them plenty of bucks than hiring a full time staff. Most of the people employed there I find work only part time and some have worked there for a significant amount of time. Others only last weeks – more... to months, (like myself) because of minimum wage, hard work, and 3rd shift are at the bottom of the barrel for jobs and we all are looking for something better. Well this is at very least the bottom of the barrel. Besides being a employee there, in a customers view it is a great place to shop and save money because there are a lot of deals, but this is not why I am here nor here writing a review about but the environment we employee's see it is... – less
Organized and fair place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTNovember 24, 2012
Working at Pricerite was a good experience for handling money and learning how to balance school and work for a student. The management works with you to figure out what times are best for you to come in if your a student or have other important obligations.
Decent overall
Supervisor / Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RIOctober 2, 2012
Pros: vacations after 1 year.
Cons: unorganized and not enough employees.
Some management issues every now and then, but overall, the job itself is fairly secure and straightforward. A typical day for myself at work involves me handling a large amount of cashiers on the front end of the store. This includes getting breaks in order, providing them with change, handling customer service issues, handling interpersonal issues, – more... and any other problems that come up. My co-workers treat me with respect most of the time, and are pretty good overall. I've learned how to deal with employee relations a lot more than I have in the past, and in turn it seems that most of the people in my particular store end up asking me for help when it comes to dealing with some light human resources issues.

The hardest part of the job is when it is very noticeable that we do not have enough employees for front end work. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people and making them realize that you're there for them, and that someone has their back. – less
Fast work place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTAugust 24, 2012
Cons: short breaks, not alot of hours, not alot of advancing opportunity
A typical day definitely involved rushing the whole time. Its constantly busy there. From ringing up the groceries to packing it in the cart by yourself. The hardest part was just having to keep up with packing the cart and dealing with EBT cards.
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTMay 22, 2012
I liked the manager I work for but they didn't have enough hours.
Great
cashier (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 14, 2012
Good experience , learned how to deal with money , most difficult had to be dealing with angry customers