Pride Industries Employee Reviews in United States

Good ole boys run with Federal Contract
Appliance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LouisianaAugust 10, 2016
Highly skilled co-workers, but lacking professionalism and accountability. Simpleton management somewhat encourages harassment and blame-shifting, targeting employees that would potentially be "whistle blowers." At times a "hostile" work environment, resultant. Incredible amount of waste, fraud, and mismanagement at an, otherwise, prestigious and lucrative Federal Contract.
Pros
The full gamut of benefits, perks, and Union oversight
Cons
Naive and Deceptive Management
managers love to micro manage
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXAugust 4, 2016
Supervisors incompetent managers . Lots of nepotism racism union contract violations. Only way you advance here is if you know someone
Pros
steady work
Cons
managers, advancement, on call
outstanding oportunities for advancement
Rehab Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Grass Valley, CAJuly 26, 2016
pride is a great company like that it is a non profit company and tthere is a chance for advancement and growth with learning different types of jobs and have opportunities help the disabled and learn
Pros
you get to go to the park or outings with clients
Cons
no overtime permitted
Great mission, poor executuon
Distribution Lead (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 25, 2016
Upper management expects world-class service but isn't willing to pay employees what they are worth. Typical day isn't very long but the "small tasks" they pile onto your plate without merit increases add up fast.
Pros
Improving disabled people's lives
Cons
Low pay, poor support from management
Productive and clean enviroment
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 13, 2016
Great learning experience and helped in the development of learning my skill. Great team atmosphere. Almost like a family.
Pros
love the people i worked with
Cons
managers micro managed even knowing i knew how to do my job and do it well
great
Ground Laborer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 25, 2016
Must be in good physical condition. Outside work only. How to use the equipment carefully without hitting pedestrians and cars passing .Must meet military standards.
benefits
Cons
allergies
Rewarding and Challenging
Manager (Current Employee) –  CAMay 24, 2016
PRIDE is a company with an outstanding mission statement: To create jobs for people with disabilities. This is a great company, and the work is varied and interesting.
Pros
Great people, great cause.
Cons
Limited structure for advancement
Awesome
Quality Control Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 23, 2016
Awesome job
life balance very well
strong team work
safety is their propoites
i would love to stay at this job but i moved some where that does not have this company here.
Great company
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMay 20, 2016
Excellent place to work, very friendly co workers, excellent benefits, the management is very supporter, and the location is great
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Good company to work for
Janitor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 18, 2016
I had the pleasure of working for this company for a long time. I really have nothing but good things to say about my experience.
unfair and poor work ethic
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 3, 2016
Pride is a great company only because it has a purpose but honestly the management team is very unprofessional they treat the clients like objects of labor instead of trying to teach them work skills
Trustworthy and hard worker
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 22, 2016
Stocked merchandise on the shelves; Sort, pulled displays & arranged merchandise as instructed by management; Assisted in stock rotation, & maintaining racks, shelves & other displays in a presentable way; Unloaded & unboxed merchandise with a positive attitude.
I really enjoyed my time at Pride Industries!
Production Trainee (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 20, 2016
It was a great place to work with a friendly staff and helped me get the job at Ross! It helped to get me back to a competitive level of working that I believe fueled my fire to to start job hunting even more!
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
There really wasn't any!
Do not give you a chance, expect you to be perfect.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 11, 2016
You are trapped behind a desk, cannot go to the bathroom is you need to. They expect perfection, wont even give you a chance one or two mistakes you have lost your job. Your supervisor has only been there for 90 days is unprofessional and does not know what she is doing.
Cons
productive and fun place with interesting people
Janitorial/custodian (Former Employee) –  1281 National Drive, Sacramento, CA 95834April 11, 2016
Pride really gives people with a variety of disabilities/limitations a chance to learn and function when others won't

I've mainly worked as a clerk processor and sales associate for 5-6 years starting in 2010 but, now I've learned many valuable skills in handling cleaning chemicals, tools and various safety procedures.

most of my co-workers were really nice and a lot of fun to be around
others were...a real pain and made it difficult to not get irritated.

I'd definitely say The hardest part of my job was constantly going up and down the stairs because several times I'd ended up being so winded that I would experience serious chest pains.

I enjoyed working after dark because I could take care of any errands needed and sleep till it's time to work.
Pros
you build up more valuable work skills and make some new friends
Cons
the stairs in one of the warehouses made me so winded that i'd experence chest pains
It o.k, to work here
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CA 95602April 8, 2016
We at pride industries.are Disability American,My Co-work sometime would joke round,the Staff member are hard work!
The staff member are will help you out if you get in trouble,and Product Floor as we call it where we work
Pros
Fastest we work more money we make.
Cons
We work for low pay
production
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 6, 2016
I like this job because its about team player. The company also focus on company safety it's a fun fast pace job where you wont be bored easily.
alusineallieu
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  stockton caApril 6, 2016
I got refilled by my uncle she told me that nice job and I like it to the way I said I like working hardI only try to make a living for my family
Pros
ye
A lot of stress
JOB COACH / ASSESSOR (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAMarch 15, 2016
For not enough money. It is almost like a slap in the face. It is a shame that people who care about helping those with disabilities get paid so poorly, I guarantee management and the CEO could spare a little of their wealth for those of us actually working with the clients that keep the company going.
Learned daily about care and needs of patients with different types of dissabilities.
Class C Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAMarch 1, 2016
Overall its been a pleasure to work for Pride Industries and given the opportunity to work with class c license. The hardest part was going on my maternity leave. Now I have knowledge of how to care for the needs of others.
Pros
Good Caring Management
Cons
No comment