PRIDE Industries Employee Reviews

Poor excuse for a non-profit that "helps people"
Director of Safety (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 10, 2018
My department was so disorganized when I arrived I spent most of my time trying to make heads or tails of things. I had national responsibilities but no authority. To top it all off, I was required to report to an HR director that hadn't a clue about my job nor cared about it.
Pros
Felt good about their "mission"
Cons
Reporting to a boss that hadn't a clue or care about my work
Nice co workers
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 30, 2017
Nice cool job friendly workers cool to talk to and to get along with I enjoyed it and I wanna go back... Nice pay great hours schedule is cool I recommend working there.::
I would rather not
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 29, 2017
I would rather not talk about this Job , if ask at interview than maybe. Don't want to ruin my chances getting another job. This job is for those with Disabilities and want to work long periods of time.
Fun Place to Work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXDecember 28, 2017
Working at Pride Industries, you are empowered. You are not micromanaged. They have a great HR department where you can go with any complaints, though neither I nor my co-workers ever needed to complain. It was a really great place. Fun. Satisfying.
Pros
Great management team
Excellent Company
Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 28, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Very family oriented and fun place to work. Environment is low stress and primary mission is to employ persons with disabilities. Plenty of opportunity to move through the company.
General maintenance worker/Painter (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk South, LADecember 25, 2017
A typical day would start out contacting clients to set up appointments.I learned how to communicate with different people on different levels.Management I considered as poor due to the lack of concern for the employer.The work place area highly needed attention due to poor conditions of the buildings.The hardest part of the job was being accepted as my gender. Seeing that the person was satisfied with the work when the job was completed.
Pros
Appreciation dinners
Cons
flexible and affordable health and life benefits
Very diverse
Production Trainer Lead (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 22, 2017
Co workers are nice and like family. Learned a lot from engineers and supervisors. The pay and advancements are poor. No appreciations for employees.
Pros
easy work and easy schedules
Cons
pay and advancements
cut throat management that plays favorites
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LADecember 20, 2017
Gave the Company 6 weeks notice I was leaving and they used the (right to fire state law) to fire me for using the company computer to find another job, and pay my two weeks notice.
Pros
pay
Cons
management plays favorites
prideindutries
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 15, 2017
I believe in the mission of Pride, "To create job's for people with disabilities". Clean, work hard and lots of food. Overall good place if you like prisons.
Helping People with Disabilities
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 11, 2017
I believe in the mission of Pride, "To create job's for people with disabilities". Answer phones, check in clients, billing, payroll and wage evaluation. Management is very easy to work with. We have a diverse team. Working with the client's is what I enjoy the most.
Pros
The clients
Cons
The pay
great place to work!
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Duryea, PADecember 1, 2017
great people, great supervisors, and all around wonderful place to work. products they make help people with mobility issues able to live a normal life which is wonderful
Pros
lots of lunch parties and incentives
Cons
could streamline more
Great Company
EVS Tech Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 30, 2017
Loved the job very interesting work. Great management willing to go the extra mile so that you learned proper procedure. I would have liked to stay on forever.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
productive and fun place to work at
geneal cleaner (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 28, 2017
every day i used to clean my assigned area also i learn new tasks and enjoy do it also i moved up to doing floor tech and lead jantior. it was a layed back enivornment ive learned new tasks every week nothing was hard about the job because the love of cleaning offices hallways and lobbies the smiles on people faces when they see we did a good job
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun interaction with clients.
Coach (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CANovember 28, 2017
PRIDE industries was a pleasant and fun workplace. The mentally disabled adults I assisted with job tasks were always fun to interact with.Management was quite relaxed and not always clear on how to handle some situations or expectations of job coaches (myself and others)
Pros
little direct supervision
Cons
office politics and drama
Not a good place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 5, 2017
Not a nice inviorment to work in but that's just me the pay was not very good the boss did not seem like he cared it was very cut throat and a toxic inviorment
Pros
Cons
Low pay
It was a fun job
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJNovember 1, 2017
The work load was never the same. However there was always work
I learn a great deal from working for this company. Most was good. and Most was bad. Management was cut throat. The Hardest part was dealing with management. I enjoyed working for the military. and making them happy
A wonderful place to work, very satisfying.
Independent Living Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAOctober 26, 2017
An extremely satisfying job.They work with employees to advance. They have excellent benefits. They support the disabled to be able to become independent and to integrate into the general community.
Pros
Great teamwork with other co-workers.
Cons
Needs more on the job training on doing reports.
Farm in Amish country
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAOctober 24, 2017
A pleasure to work at and a great honor working with gedole hador. There was a procedural audit where the auditor actually moved into the farm and went over our policies and procedures with a fine tooth comb changing our implementation without practical experience which made a stressful work environment but still the best job I ever had.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
audit was annoying
fun and team work
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  hawaii honoluluOctober 3, 2017
good start time van takes people to work good breck time understanding management good team work everone is helpful training is esay to understand good days off
Mission Statement is unique! Creating Jobs for People with Disabilities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 28, 2017
PRIDE is a great place to work, learn & grow in many areas and their humble beginnings is a great read! There is a culture here unlike no other, you have to get to know the people to understand the heart of this company!
Pros
Flexible schedules, family oriented, employee appreciations...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRIDE Industries. Our community is ready to answer.