Pride Institute Employee Reviews

Working with addiction/mental illness. Administering medications, conducting group were some responsibilities. I am no longer working there PRN.
RN BSN (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 17, 2015
Very good experience. Management was outstanding, I learned a lot. My nursing skills were used in a different way of being more supportive.
Decent staff, sub par management.
Chemical Dependency Counselor (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 17, 2014
While I have a deep respect for the work they attempt to do here, it is evident that when you do not agree with something management does or says, you will not last long. The clinical staff, for the most part, is incredible. The techs and nurses go above and beyond daily for the clientele. However, the severe lack of communication between departments is ridiculous and clinical staff routinely undermines the authority of nursing staff. Since their buyout by UHS this facility has become more money conscious and treats clients who utilize state funding sources with less respect than those that pay out of pocket. From a money stand point, I understand. From the context of wanting to help the LGBT community and help provide quality addiction services to this population, everyone should be treated equally despite their funding source.
Pros
Diverse clientele, safe working space.
Cons
no breaks, insensitive management, dog-eat-dog staff
Chemical Dependency Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prarie, MNMay 15, 2014
Nurses and Chemical Dependency Technician are great at what they do.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
No breaks
An interesting and rewarding place to work catering to the GLBTQ community.
Mental Health and Chemical Dependency Technician (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 4, 2013
Gained lots of experience working here. I was able to learn the admission process and how to manage the milieu. Lots of progressive programs offered at this facility such as the sexual health program which focuses on sexual compulsivity.
Pros
Opportunity to work with a diverse population. The staff was great.
Cons
Difficult to take a break without interruption.
Interesting and sometimes very challenging place to work.
OFFICE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 8, 2013
Busy with changing priorities throughout the day. I learned more about insurance. There is a lack of communication between all the departments. Not all the departments will help each other out in times of need. Sometimes difficult to meet all the daily changing priorities. Working with a variety of co-workers and getting to know them.
Pros
Flexibility, reduced employee meal prices.
Cons
Not all management is approachable when there are concerns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pride Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6