Pride Mobility Employee Reviews

Positive work environment, Treated with respect and appreciation
Supply Chain Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PASeptember 27, 2017
I've been working with Pride Mobility for over a year now and i can confidently say it is, by far, the best place i have worked. I feel respected, trusted and compensated fairly, to do whats expected of me in my position. The management in my department sets realistic goals and expectations and is very understanding. The workplace culture is overwhelmingly positive. I cant walk through the halls without being greeted with a "smile" or "hello". The appreciation shown towards employees is phenomenal! For example, the employee appreciation luncheons thrown, what seemed like every month during summer, were great! The food selection was vast and delicious and so were the desserts (Pies, ice cream etc.) It really does feel like one big family working at Pride Mobility.
Pros
Appreciated, Respected, Great benefits, Paid time off and Discounts
Great learning experience
Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAAugust 1, 2017
Not very good job security. I saw a lot of layoffs while being employed. A lot of drastic changes on more then one occasion. But still a great place to work for.
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
lay offs
Rewarding Work
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAJuly 31, 2017
I have found that the work I do at Pride is both rewarding and challenging. The work is rewarding in that we create products that improve the quality of life in many individuals. My experience there has been rewarding to me by being able to advance in my career in a relatively short time and it has provided me with opportunities for advancement and to learn new things.

The work can be challenging, but I see that as a positive as well. I am able to be creative in my approach to the work. Also, working with a great team of individuals is also rewarding.

The benefits package is one of the best that I have been offered. The company does make a strong effort in being employee/family oriented, with after work activities, luncheons, etc.

Overall, I have enjoyed my time at Pride and look forward to continuing my career there.
Pros
Strong benefits package, family oriented, rewarding work
Cut throat kind of place
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAJuly 29, 2017
Pride Mobility was one of the worst jobs I've ever had in my entire life! Between the management and your co workers, I don't know who is worse. Your bosses will sabatage you and your co workers will stab you in the back. It was the biggest gossip whole around. The most childish people I've ever worked with in my entire life. Everyone knew everyone else's business. Instead of focusing on their jobs, they were all worried about plotting their next moves. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Management doesn't care about customers needs they only care about numbers and getting their monthly bonuses. They force employees to stay at the end of the month and work overtime to get every last power chair out the door even if they are built wrong and faulty. No wonder they are sewed all the time!!! They give you last minute notice to stay and it's only to benefit themselves. If your looking for overtime to help yourself out or your family they turn you down. They are not family oriented like they say they are.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, child like co workers, unfair pay, fast paced environment.
Productive Company and work environment
Production Planning and Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Duryea, PAJuly 14, 2017
I learned a lot in 12 years and did advance through the company from an entry level position to a management position. The workplace and the people became like family to me. The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to help people with disabilities by providing them with top quality mobility products.
Pros
Employee Luncheons
Cons
Hourly employees treated different from Salaried.
Nice place to work
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAJuly 5, 2017
Pride is a great place to work and one of the top employers in the area. They are family oriented here and the events they have are really nice and appreciated by the employees.
Though it's a fast-paced atmosphere, you get to work with some of the best people, which makes it worth-while!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Some depts. need more help than others
Fast-paced, friendly work environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAJune 7, 2017
Pride Mobility is a great company! The benefits package is excellent and they offer several perks throughout the year. It is a fast-paced work environment, which I look for in an employer. I like to always have something to do. The company cares about their employees and encourages career advancement opportunities. This is definitely a place of employment where you can grow your career! I can honestly say I enjoy every aspect of my job at Pride Mobility.
High pressure and QA issues
Retail Mobility Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAMay 26, 2017
Unreal high pressure from sales management daily. Quality problems with lift chairs make it impossible to obtain goal. Not great communication with tech and dealers. Delayed shipments.
Pros
Best benefits ever
Cons
Micromanagement
Great front line staff and medical benefits.
Director, Inside Sales and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAMay 2, 2017
The company has many long term employees as well as mobility product/industry subject matter experts. Medical benefits are great and have an incredibly low monthly employee contribution. Company is focused on morale and employee recognition.
There is always someone to learn from
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSApril 19, 2017
The company has brought me into the corporate environment and has been one of the best learning experiences of my life to date. It is a joy to work among those who have held positions for 15 plus years with the same company. The company is incredibly innovative and very fast paced which has made me feel ready for anything. Expectations are high and exciting at all times.
Pros
Innovative and growing
Cons
start up division creates rewarding yet very challenging opportunities
Keep looking
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSApril 13, 2017
Great company but poor management. Managers and supervisor do not listen to employees, spend most of your day looking for work, no room for advancement, just keep looking.
Pros
Monday thru Friday
Cons
Pay, no room for advancement
You'll love your job, but not necessarily the company.
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAMarch 31, 2017
There is a long running joke/analogy around Pride that I think sums up the company nearly perfectly.

Most people would agree that being an NFL Quarterback would be an awesome job. But what if you played for a team that has never been, and likely never will be, successful - say, the Cleveland Browns? Sure, you're the superstar, center of attention. But no matter how hard you try, you know that you're never going to win.

That's Pride.

I loved my job. Not only did I help to significantly improve peoples' lives, but I also restored their very freedom. That makes you feel like a hero.

But at the end of the day, despite all of your efforts, it will remain the same, disorganized mess of a company that it always has been. And eventually, constant exposure to that chaos erodes the feeling of having done good.
Pros
Restoring peoples' mobility.
Cons
Disorganized from the top down.
Firm, Fair, Friendly and Fast paced Company
SVP Business Management and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAMarch 16, 2017
My position was very diverse. Every day was a new challenge with multiple AOR's reporting to me.

Extremely fast paced, results oriented management team. Senior Management team was extremely helpful and focused on the same goals and objectives.

Family friendly business with many long term employees due to excellent benefits and working for an organization that improves the lives of mobility impaired individuals..

The hardest part of the job was the lack of efficient computer systems in many areas.
Pros
Excellent Benefits package
Cons
Inefficient computer systems
Pride Mobility Products
Full Time, Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAMarch 15, 2017
Pride Mobility can be a great place to work with great benefits, on average salaries, lots of great people to work with. However, there has been lots of changes in the past two to three years within the company, which has created a big change in employee morale. More employees in certain areas of the company are overwhelmed by increased responsibilities due to the company going "lean". With that comes the potential for the employees to "burn-out", make errors, etc.
Pros
Great benefits, employee events
Cons
short lunches, short staffing in some departments
Dodged a bullet.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 8, 2017
Explain their intrigued interest in you, telling you everything you need to hear. Regret to inform you they treat you like a number instead of an actual person and judge you every way possible.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Too many to list.
Fun, hours were great
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAFebruary 11, 2017
Very fun place to work. Great people. Hours were great and not far from home. Challenging work experience; responsible for a lot!
Great employees - poor executive management
R&D (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAFebruary 8, 2017
The everyday employees and the atmosphere they inspired at Pride Mobility were wonderful. Benefits were great, with acceptable pay. However, this is as far as I can go praising Pride.
Pride Management, especially in the Sales, Marketing and R&D departments is a revolving door. After beginning at Pride, in one years time I had 4 bosses. It is a "hire em', fire em'" atmosphere, which gives everyone a nervous feeling. No one feels safe.
Executive Management has no clue. They don't bother developing relationships with their direct reports, they just want someone to throw under the buss.
Pros
Great people, with the exception of executive management.
Cons
Execs assign unobtainable goals with no resource allocation to succeed.
OK place to work.
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Exeter, PAFebruary 7, 2017
The company runs different than most, but is a good environment for some. It takes the right type of person to mesh with the teams, which will greatly increase the experience. Benefits and pay are OK but not as high of a quality as one would be lead to believe. There is a tenancy of not promoting from within making advancement difficult. There are several opportunities throughout the year for free lunches, and more importantly discounted products but all of these benefits lead to an overall average experience.
Good Work environment.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2017
This position was a temporary job placement. Typical day was answering phones and filing. Enjoyment people I worked with. Not a difficult job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
just a temporary position.
Fun Teamwork
Power Chair Tech (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAJanuary 11, 2017
This is by far one of the best places I've worked! Everyone is extremely nice, helpful and very productive! Never havr there been a time when management was unapproachable. Your work is appreciated greatly!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pride Mobility. Our community is ready to answer.