Pride Transport Employee Reviews

Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 28, 2016
I enjoyed my time there at pride.It's a good place to work the people there welcome you with open arms an are very respectful. Im just looking for a local job, to be home with my family more..
nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2016
I love the CEO and the COO. They are great guys and the Equipment is great. I would go back in a heart beat. I learned a lot about the trucking business lke how to manage your time and your money.
awesome facility always improving
otr driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTDecember 7, 2015
Great company to work for large part of family belief and incredible dispatch..
Always aware and listen to your concerns as well as open door policy is real for any employee..
Company Treats Drivers well...
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2015
Overall it was a really good company to work for, the pay was alright, there was usually work. Really only complaint is the office is really disorganized. Some examples of this are:
after I finished training I was suppose to get a pay raise from .14/mile to .33/mile but it took three weeks for them to do this and it was only because I caught it. The training coordinator never Sent in that I had completed training to the payroll department so I worked for almost a whole month as if i was a trainee as well as a team driver.
my other example is I got into an accident and I sent in my accident report stating what happened exactly, but when I went in for a review the safety department decided on what happened and it was not what actually happened at all.
Pros
Get to see country, Really good about hometime
Cons
Very Clicky and Your voice isn't Heard
Above avg company
Otr Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2015
I worked there for 3 yrs. 2009-2012. Had no serious issues. Got home on time. Nice equipment, dispatcher was avg. Friendly owners and office personnel. They would drop the hammer on you if you were a screw up. I just stayed under the radar and out the yard. I'm surprised to hear the negative remarks. But not surprised. Its a trucking company. Thought about going back at times but the negative reviews saids something. I prefer a small company and paper logs!
Pros
Home time, eq, bonuses
Cons
Very very clicklish
Excellent Trucking Company
Commercial truck driver, where (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2015
Easily the best trucking company I ever worked for, they always got me home on time. Plus home time for any family emergency.
Pros
Top notch equipment
Cons
Being on the road
Close, first name basis with almost every department in the company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2015
Mostly refer trailers, some flat beds and doubles. They're safety orientated and have monthly online courses to complete. Last I knew, training for new drivers requires 250 hours and there's a huge need for trainers. Didn't have a problem with my fleet manager but heard a few managers were rude and unliked by their drivers. Only problem I had with company was the pay.
Worst place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 15, 2015
This company is a joke. All their work is 3rd party so most of the time there was nothing to do. We had to become desperate sales people to try and get the trucks moving. There was no work structure either. Poor management personnel and their drivers were the biggest whiners I have ever worked around. Big turnover rate. Overall I would say they need to do themselves a favor and just shut down their company. I would not recommend anyone to work here. I don't know what I was thinking when I accepted their job offer. They suck!
It was a good place to work
Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2015
They cared about their drivers. They are a very personable company to work for. Building a new drivers lounge for driver comfort.
Pros
new equipment
Cons
became a training company
great company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 26, 2015
great company to work for... I would still work for them but I could not do over the road anymore ... I needed to find something local ....
Great trucks, family oriented
Over-the-Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 3, 2014
Great trucks, family oriented, worked hard to get you home on time.
if you don't have a life work here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2014
Running your 11 drive time out everyday no sleep no home time and they will keep you away from home on purpose no room to advance remember this is apart of the cr England family
Pros
nice trucks
Cons
everything else
Small company with a Homey environment
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 10, 2014
The work is very gratifying. When the work is there there is plenty of opportunity for overtime. Good pay, and challenging work. Very little room for advancement and no benefits.
Pros
job security
Cons
no benefits, salay doesn't grow with inflation.
great place to work
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2014
I like working at this company i had great home time and was able to converse one on one with my dispatcher so that he knew what i needed to do with work and home life.
Pros
excelent management
Cons
health care is expensive.
Pride Respects their employees
Over-The-Road Driver (Current Employee) –  salt lake city utahMarch 24, 2014
Pride is a great company, and they treat their employees with respect. The pay is good, and I am able to support my family.
Pros
great trucks, good pay
Cons
for otr drivers this is top of the line
Lots of road
Class A long haul driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 4, 2013
State to state delivery of assorted products A typical day would be 500 miles, I learned an easy way to install chains (if there is an easy way). Management was always open door policy. The drivers all were great in the lounge. The hardest part of the job for me was chains and the best part of the job was scenery.
Pros
nice trucks
Cons
chains
fun place to work
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2013
2 hrs in the morning and 2 in the mid-afternoon.picking up kid with special needs taking them to school and back.loved to learn to the sign langauge. Hardest part of the job was that the benefits were not cheap and that it could never turn into a full time job or be able to advance
Pros
lots of fun and learning
Cons
only part time, no way to advance and benefits could be better
Collections and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 10, 2013
Everyone is so amazing and hardworking, and it's a great feeling to be part of a team comprised of such great people.
Pros
small bonus is possible
Cons
small company not a lot of room to advance
good but tiring company
coast to coast (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 4, 2013
lot of miles and got paid to see the country good equipment alot of loads to do to many
Pros
good money
Cons
not alot of sleep
not bad , not good
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 17, 2013
alot of miles , with a lot of flexibility
dont get into trouble because they will throw you under the bus in a second. if your not in the inner circle of that are employed there , your just another number to them.
Pros
big miles, big money if you know how to run
Cons
favortism, inner circle for only family and friends

Pride Transport Reviews by Location