Pride Employee Reviews

Job growth
Data Reduction/Entry Clerk, Microfilm Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, FLNovember 6, 2015
Happy and cheerful attitudes. Good character among boss and workers always joking while getting job done. A fun day at work makes it easier.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not good heat in winter
Long Hours,Hard Work
Construction foreman & laborer (Former Employee) –  Texas, LASeptember 20, 2015
I was new to the construction business ,we worked long hours and stayed away from home a lot, But the pay and benefits was great
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
away from home a lot
Fun and rewarding part-time job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDSeptember 9, 2015
Pride is a great company to work for while attending school. The hours are flexible. The job is very rewarding and you feel like you are making a difference.
MANAGEMENT INTERACTED WITH EMPLOYEES SIDE BY SIDE
Finisher (Former Employee) –  POLK CITY,FL.July 6, 2015
A TYPICAL WORK DAY WAS SANDING, PREPARING ITEMS TO BE FINISHED WITH LACQUER OR PAINT. POWDER COATING METALS AND WOODS.REFURBISHING ITEMS THAT NEEDED TO BE RESTORED OR GIVING SOME NEW LIFE. MANAGEMENT ALWAYS AVAILABLE. CO-WORKER READY TO LEAN A HAND. HARDEST PART ABOUT THE JOB WAS IT HAD TO CLOSED AT 3:00 P.M. THE MOST ENJOYABLE THING ABOUT THE JOB WAS THE FREEDOM TO DO WHAT YOU THOUGHT WAS BEST TO PLEASE THE CUSTOMER IN THE PRICING RANGE.
Pros
COMPLETE FREEDOM TO LEAN WHATEVER YOU WANTED TO LEARN, HOLIDAYS PARTIES AND MOVIES, MANAGEMENTS DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN AND WOULD DO WHATEVER THEY COULD TO HELP.
Under staffed
** (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2015
I enjoyed my co-workers but not management. Good employees would be loaded with work. Managers choose to knit pick at some and simply ignore others. Benefits are way too expensive.
decent place
Subway sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAJune 17, 2015
Pride is a decent place to work although their views are a slight irrational. The enviroment is fun and upbeat but like everything with pros there are con's. After speaking with a few other past employees of pride it's apparent that my experience with them wasn't as unique as i thought. I originally applied to work as a cashier in their ELM location. as i neared the completion of my training i was pulled in by one of the corporate managers and i was told that they would have to move my location down the street to there ELP location due to the position i applied for being promised to an applicant prior to me. I had no problem with that (i was happy i still had a job). I was moved to a subway in their ELP location "temporaily". I was then notified that the reason i was moved was not because of the reason i was given, it had to do with an inappropriate phone call from a previous employer that was not only inappropriate but unprofessional. Now the location that i originally applied for is down the street from my house so i go in there frequently to shop. A few days after my transfer i was in the store and noticed the help wanted sign in the window. I brought it up in a meeting and i was assured that i was made a priority to be transfered in my district. Months went by and still nothing, no matter how much i bothered i was always given the same answer. The 5 months that i worked there that position was still available. My time at subway was most certainly enjoyable but the distance from my house and there was a pretty impressive walk in the winter ( no car). I had 2 district managers  more... in my short period there and i can say that they do not have good choices in managers. Another problem i had with them was there "helping" policies. The location i worked at was a gas station, a subway, and a deli. I was expected to work all 3 jobs for minimum wage! Now i am aware of the expression "time to lean, time to clean, but no they wanted me to work all sides in my down time. your requiered to sign away your right to a lunch break for a 10 minute break every 2 hours, unless there is a heavy customer flow then you can kiss that 10 minutes goodbye. working through them at subway i wasnt allowed an employee meal, no employee discount nothing. But i did learn alot working there and gained some great customer relationships ( alot of them from my previous job). it wasnt all bad though i still got paid every week so.  less
Pros
customers, co-workers
Cons
no employee discounts, bad management
Owner of Pride 911 Signs
President / Owner (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 16, 2015
As the owner of Pride 911 Signs I am able to work from home most of the time. It gives me the flexibility to work for someone else and provide extra income for my family.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
I found Pride full of good hard working people, the time spent from home and family was the downfall for me.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2015
I found Pride to be a family away from family. These folks were very involved and seemed genuinely interested in meeting your needs and the companies they serviced. Circumstances at home proved to be more complicated than when I was closer to home ( an unanticipated aspect).
Pros
i liked the challenges and the scenery of driving.
Cons
the varied schedule was difficult to acclimate to, the distance/time from home proved more difficult than anticipated.
Reasonable hours, hard work, fair wages and treatment, learned a lot
Carpenter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 21, 2015
This company is run by co-owners, both of whom are good caring men, ambitious, and demanding, yet still very approachable. A typical work day was 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with a 15 minute break at 9:30 and a 30 minute break for lunch. Times were pretty strictly enforced. I learned everything there is to know about drywall and metal framework, as well as various techniques to do the job promptly, efficiently, and effectively. The hardest part of the job was the necessity to work many weekends. This was enforced when the general contractors' deadlines were in jeopardy of not being met. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see a project go from ground zero to a finished product. For the most part, the co-workers were decent guys that I enjoyed working with. Overall, this company provided me with valuable skills and experience.
ok
Manager - Consulting Group Advisory Team (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 18, 2014
Lead other to their correct career path
good hours
commuted worked for me
I enjoyed my time
Never Again
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Longmeadow, MANovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work was stressful. The company i worked for did not value there guest or there needs i learned that they dont have filters on there gas so when your pumping your getting dirt in trash in your car
Pros
i met a lot of fun people
Cons
the family that ran the company did not care about there employees
Poor
Packer/Shipper / Assembly (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 14, 2014
Working here made me feel like a slave. But I also learned the true value of a dollar. The hardest part of this job was working for 10 cents and hour. All in all my co workers and I made our workflow very enjoyable when we were allowed to converse.
Pros
the faster you worked the more money you made.
Cons
it was a sweat shop
Great Place
Habilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCAugust 12, 2014
Great working experience. Many opportunities. Excellent management. Flexible hours, pay was ok
Challenging and dynamic environment.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bellmore N.Y.June 20, 2014
My day is filled with helping young people achieve optimum functioning and making the best life choices. I have a great team of co workers who share the passion for the work we do with young people. I would say that retaining clients in programming is always a challenge but dedicated and caring staff retain and create change with clients through genuine connection and interaction.
Taught me many things about the car industry.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2014
This company taught me many things about the car industry and helped me to dive into the finance industry a little further. I am happy for the opportunity to work for this company and the many mini lessons that I learned.
Great Experience
Public Relations Interns Develop Expertise (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAFebruary 20, 2014
 Worked directly with clients to providing marketing tactics such as news releases, posters, brochures, promoting social media presence, and planning events.
 Write semi-annual magazine articles for “The PRogressor”
 Responsible for firms’ secretary reports and oversee group members’ client projects.
good company
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2014
good company to work for always takes care of equipment
great people to work around great for people who dont mind driving
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
not home much
n/a
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MAJanuary 2, 2014
customer service, cashier, clean, stock, inventory, lottery machine. breaks are far and few between and policies are unrealistic. Although corporate is impossable, i love my store manager and co-workers
Great working with other people
Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2013
Assist the elderly/ diabled, cook, clean, and run errands. I learned it takes someone with lots of time and patience to do this job. management was good to work with andflexible hours.
Great Environment, great place to work!
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxMarch 12, 2013
Managing and keeping Salespeople up to date with incoming new leads,and making sure that Sales Goal are meet daily .
Pros
spiffs
Cons
work hours