Pridgeon & Clay Employee Reviews in United States

cnc operator
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2016
big company with plants in other countries as well as the united states of America
been working there for 5 plus years
met lots of great people working here
Machine operator
Hi-LO/ Machine operator. (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2015
The Management was the worst I have ever seen. There were new hirers coming in making more than workers that have been there for years. The management does not care about there employees. They do not accept doctors slips either. So, if you are in the hospital of have a condition good luck. They will push you out. The company used to be a great family owned company.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
you will work 7 days a week.
Great opportunities to impact change
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 31, 2015
The company brought in a new President about a year ago, and is still undergoing some of the changes he's bringing. Many changes around leadership, alignment and structure are needed.

It could improve a bit on corporate communication and direction (many people in operations, for instance, don't know why certain changes are happening) but things are headed down the right path.
Pros
Benefits, training, people, customers
Cons
Information technology, communication
Okay work place.
Machine Operater (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2015
management needs a lot of work, they're not organized, and it's unsafe work place. Great co-workers but no where to make a career. I'd say its more of a place to work if you have absolutely NO life or family.
Pros
great benefits and pay rate
Cons
barley give raises, and not family oriented
Don't Recommend
Hi-Lo Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 2, 2016
Not a good place to work. Horrible management. Extremely bad employee turn around ratio. No room for growth. Unsafe environment
50-50
Welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 22, 2015
Loved working on the floor with my coworkers.. A very great group of people. HR does not work with its workers.. everything is so black and white. Workers have no say in anything.. jerked around .. 12 hours 6 days a week for several months - then told to go to 10 ours then told to go to different shifts.. we can't vote on anything. They just make their policies and don't let the workers have any say in anything.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
HR .. doesn't work with the workers
Easy job.
Production Spot Welder (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 16, 2015
easy money, pretty boring. not paid very well. dont expect a raise. the people were fun to work with. hardest part was working with parts that quality was never good on. the job is very subjective.
New management is on the right path
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 19, 2014
When I joined P&C, it was known for its great benefits (really good health care.) We've had some changes in management in the past year or so, and its been for the better. New President and new plant structure have us pointed in the right direction...in many areas, hours are improving (people complain about the overtime in certain departments, but they love the overtime pay.) The Skilled Trades shift bonus is even better than it was.
Pros
benefits, team-co-workers, new management
Cons
hours in a couple departments
Typical fast-paced automotive supplier...lots of changes!
Manufacturing & Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 19, 2015
P&C is pretty typical of an automotive supplier--fast paced, lots of changes, and people need to be quick to keep up. Many of the engineers are quite bright--good at solving processing problems and handling pretty complete metalformed parts.

Unfortunately, there are lots of "home grown" systems (from our junky IS team that seems pretty dysfunctional) and every week or two, HR has to send out some new "policy" (which aren't that different from other companies, but they often come across as pretty reactive instead of thinking ahead.)

If we all had less paperwork (it's crazy how much we have, actually) we could do even more of what we're good at--letting engineers engineer even more, work with customers, work with operators and technicians, and make great parts. The people who last here have to find "workarounds" for lots of the odd systems, but once they figure them out, you can usually get things done.

Would be nice to have some more communication about how the company is doing and the direction--we all have ESOP, so the better the company does, the better we all do!
Pros
Incredible benefits (honestly the best health insurance ever), ESOP, good cafeteria, great coworkers
Cons
Homegrown disconnected computer systems
The most unprofessional/unclean factory in Michigan
utility (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 14, 2015
While working at P&C I lost hope. I never been at a job where a team leader(supervisor) can treat u as if u are not an adult. U give the company 6 to 7 days a week the least they could do is show u some appreciation. They always complain about an extra 5 min break when u have been down hours for the machine having several issues. The tech doesn't even know how to fix the problem but steady getting raises while the machine operators cant even get their appraisal without asking. But even after u asked they don't care they put u in a box and continue to treat u low.Every day over half the shift was miserable because the team leader(supervisor) tell all of everyones business to your co workers u have NO privacy what so ever. The company told us we had made the best progress ever but took over half of the bonus away in the same breath. If u wanna work mandatory and make good money u can get it but the environment isn't worth the money.They have no respect for their employees.They don't even pay double on Sunday's. All the older employees watch u struggle then go talk bad about u instead of coming to assist. All your business is every ones so if u are private stay away. Don't talk about getting sick u might as well die your doctors note doesn't even matter your life is not important at all. My first week i watched the team leader get cursed out and 3 fight about to break out and no one got fired. If u respect from them u get treated worse so in order to get it don't give it. The most unclean oily unsanitary place ever. All day u slip and slide i fell four times on the oil and they  more... did not care.  less
Pros
Have plenty of overtime
Cons
no raises no respect no teamwork
Me and my coworkers worked great together
Material Review Auditor (Former Employee) –  grand Rapids, MIAugust 29, 2013
Management was absolutely terrible, my team leader didn't do a darn thing, my coworkers had to come in every weekend and even on sundays, she never tried to get work done during the week so they could have weekends off once in awhile, made people come in four hours early or stay four hours late if no one volunteered then she would pick people at random, plus she had her favorites!
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
short breaks, manager was terrible
Good Place, Good people, Lots of overtime
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INFebruary 5, 2013
I was a machine operator, good pay, great benifits, but little time fir family, mandatory weekends 3 weekends a month if not more, 8-12 hour shifts. team leaders we both good and bad.. loved the people I meet and everything i learned
Pros
employee dinners
Cons
management
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 11, 2014
1 Machine operator 2 changing tools 3 could be better 4 like my co-worker a lot 5 working 21 days to have one day off 6 the people I have been able to meet
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks
It depends on what you want
Die Repairman (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2014
The benefits and pay are good. Management leaves much to be desired.