Pridgeon & Clay Employee Reviews

Easy job.
Production Spot Welder (Current Employee), Franklin, INJuly 16, 2015
easy money, pretty boring. not paid very well. dont expect a raise. the people were fun to work with. hardest part was working with parts that quality was never good on. the job is very subjective.
Typical fast-paced automotive supplier...lots of changes!
Manufacturing & Process Engineer (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 19, 2015
Pros: Incredible benefits (honestly the best health insurance ever), ESOP, good cafeteria, great coworkers
Cons: Homegrown disconnected computer systems
P&C is pretty typical of an automotive supplier--fast paced, lots of changes, and people need to be quick to keep up. Many of the engineers are quite bright--good at solving processing problems and handling pretty complete metalformed parts.

Unfortunately, there are lots of "home grown" systems (from our junky IS team that seems pretty dysfunctional) and every week or two, HR has to send out some new "policy" (which aren't that different from other companies, but they often come across as pretty reactive instead of thinking ahead.)

If we all had less paperwork (it's crazy how much we have, actually) we could do even more of what we're good at--letting engineers engineer even more, work with customers, work with operators and technicians, and make great parts. The people who last here have to find "workarounds" for lots of the odd systems, but once they figure them out, you can usually get things done.

Would be nice to have some more communication about how the company is doing and the direction--we all have ESOP, so the better the company does, the better we all do!
50-50
Welder (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: HR .. doesn't work with the workers
Loved working on the floor with my coworkers.. A very great group of people. HR does not work with its workers.. everything is so black and white. Workers have no say in anything.. jerked around .. 12 hours 6 days a week for several months - then told to go to 10 ours then told to go to different shifts.. we can't vote on anything. They just make their policies and don't let the workers have any say in anything.
New management is on the right path
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, team-co-workers, new management
Cons: hours in a couple departments
When I joined P&C, it was known for its great benefits (really good health care.) We've had some changes in management in the past year or so, and its been for the better. New President and new plant structure have us pointed in the right direction...in many areas, hours are improving (people complain about the overtime in certain departments, but they love the overtime pay.) The Skilled Trades shift bonus is even better than it was.
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 11, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: short breaks
1 Machine operator 2 changing tools 3 could be better 4 like my co-worker a lot 5 working 21 days to have one day off 6 the people I have been able to meet
It depends on what you want
Die Repairman (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2014
The benefits and pay are good. Management leaves much to be desired.
Me and my coworkers worked great together
Material Review Auditor (Former Employee), grand Rapids, MIAugust 29, 2013
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: short breaks, manager was terrible
Management was absolutely terrible, my team leader didn't do a darn thing, my coworkers had to come in every weekend and even on sundays, she never tried to get work done during the week so they could have weekends off once in awhile, made people come in four hours early or stay four hours late if no one volunteered then she would pick people at random, plus she had her favorites!
Good Place, Good people, Lots of overtime
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Franklin, INFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: employee dinners
Cons: management
I was a machine operator, good pay, great benifits, but little time fir family, mandatory weekends 3 weekends a month if not more, 8-12 hour shifts. team leaders we both good and bad.. loved the people I meet and everything i learned