Pridgeon & Clay Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 12, 2017
It's a good manufacturing company. There are a lot of good people working for the company. Overall, there are many pros and cons on the both sides but eventually it just all depends on the exact position and person's perspective/attitude.
Its a job
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 12, 2017
If you like being treated like poo with a paycheck p&c is the place for you. Everything is old and unsafe. The team leaders don't care. If your a woman you're automatically assumed to be un-able to do the same job as a man. Pridgeon & clay only cares about is you making a hourly rate of parts.
Pros
Its a job. Occasionally 1000$ christmas bonus. 66 hour point system.
Cons
Management is horrible. HR dosent care about anything. Everyones thier jusy for the money.
H.R. Department and management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 15, 2016
Human resource personel make up new policies at least once a week , they dont work with employees period. They want us to look ahead and plan ahead but cant do the same as what they ask of us employees. For years we had a great yearly bonus , until fall of 2015. Management gave us a huge line of B.S.in a meeting , so we ended up getting about 15% of what we had received in the past. I could go on. But i think everyone who reads this gets the point.
Pros
Some of the people i worked with were great friends
Cons
HUMAN RESOURCE AND MANAGEMENT
No hope for the hard working
Servo operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 28, 2016
I was there for 6 months and I totally agree with the above comments about management,not GOOD,and tge turn over WOW ,they have a revolving door in tge hr office. Benefits were REALLY good but i worked all the time hr told me min. ot ,that was misleading me being a set up person,a lead man and an operator for the past 20 years I was less than impressed with this company and was sorry i took employment there,Byt if you need a paycheck then i GUESS its the place for you. Good luck to all the present employees there!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
all the ot, no family time, treat people poorly, management are college educated but lack common sense and practical experience
Company could be great if teamwork was a goal.
Weld Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 7, 2016
Very little communication with employees and almost no assistance from management. Too many good workers fired for unexplained reasoning.
Pros
Relaxed work atmosphere
Cons
No benefits
Great co workers , horrible management
Die Tech. (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 30, 2016
The people I worked with were terrific . We worked together great as a team . The management on the other hand are incompetant they have no idea how your job should be done but they tell you how to do it . They claim this is a family oriented company but unless your management this is a lie . This company has a lot of potential if they were to get rid of the idiots that are running it into the ground . This used to be a great place to work before the Clay's stepped away from the business.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
An average place to work.
employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 3, 2016
This company has a swinging door policy. You have just as many people leaving as you do being hired in. It's a good place to learn a job but not to stay very long at. They say they care about there workers but really don't, you learn that in a very short time.
Pros
there's always a lot of work available.
Cons
have to pay for insurance, dirty and oily working conditions, low wages.
cnc operator
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2016
big company with plants in other countries as well as the united states of America
been working there for 5 plus years
met lots of great people working here
Easy work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 6, 2016
This place is very easy machine operating work that doesn't take long to learn. A little dirty but not bad. Not family orientated and will not work with you need time off. You can move up if want to and opportunity for raises if you work hard.
Pros
$$$
Cons
Too easy work
Don't Recommend
Hi-Lo Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 2, 2016
Not a good place to work. Horrible management. Extremely bad employee turn around ratio. No room for growth. Unsafe environment
The most unprofessional/unclean factory in Michigan
utility (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 14, 2015
While working at P&C I lost hope. I never been at a job where a team leader(supervisor) can treat u as if u are not an adult. U give the company 6 to 7 days a week the least they could do is show u some appreciation. They always complain about an extra 5 min break when u have been down hours for the machine having several issues. The tech doesn't even know how to fix the problem but steady getting raises while the machine operators cant even get their appraisal without asking. But even after u asked they don't care they put u in a box and continue to treat u low.Every day over half the shift was miserable because the team leader(supervisor) tell all of everyones business to your co workers u have NO privacy what so ever. The company told us we had made the best progress ever but took over half of the bonus away in the same breath. If u wanna work mandatory and make good money u can get it but the environment isn't worth the money.They have no respect for their employees.They don't even pay double on Sunday's. All the older employees watch u struggle then go talk bad about u instead of coming to assist. All your business is every ones so if u are private stay away. Don't talk about getting sick u might as well die your doctors note doesn't even matter your life is not important at all. My first week i watched the team leader get cursed out and 3 fight about to break out and no one got fired. If u respect from them u get treated worse so in order to get it don't give it. The most unclean oily unsanitary place ever. All day u slip and slide i fell four times on the oil and they  more... did not care.  less
Pros
Have plenty of overtime
Cons
no raises no respect no teamwork
Okay work place.
Machine Operater (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2015
management needs a lot of work, they're not organized, and it's unsafe work place. Great co-workers but no where to make a career. I'd say its more of a place to work if you have absolutely NO life or family.
Pros
great benefits and pay rate
Cons
barley give raises, and not family oriented
Machine operator
Hi-LO/ Machine operator. (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2015
The Management was the worst I have ever seen. There were new hirers coming in making more than workers that have been there for years. The management does not care about there employees. They do not accept doctors slips either. So, if you are in the hospital of have a condition good luck. They will push you out. The company used to be a great family owned company.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
you will work 7 days a week.
Great opportunities to impact change
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 31, 2015
The company brought in a new President about a year ago, and is still undergoing some of the changes he's bringing. Many changes around leadership, alignment and structure are needed.

It could improve a bit on corporate communication and direction (many people in operations, for instance, don't know why certain changes are happening) but things are headed down the right path.
Pros
Benefits, training, people, customers
Cons
Information technology, communication
Easy job.
Production Spot Welder (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 16, 2015
easy money, pretty boring. not paid very well. dont expect a raise. the people were fun to work with. hardest part was working with parts that quality was never good on. the job is very subjective.
Typical fast-paced automotive supplier...lots of changes!
Manufacturing & Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 19, 2015
P&C is pretty typical of an automotive supplier--fast paced, lots of changes, and people need to be quick to keep up. Many of the engineers are quite bright--good at solving processing problems and handling pretty complete metalformed parts.

Unfortunately, there are lots of "home grown" systems (from our junky IS team that seems pretty dysfunctional) and every week or two, HR has to send out some new "policy" (which aren't that different from other companies, but they often come across as pretty reactive instead of thinking ahead.)

If we all had less paperwork (it's crazy how much we have, actually) we could do even more of what we're good at--letting engineers engineer even more, work with customers, work with operators and technicians, and make great parts. The people who last here have to find "workarounds" for lots of the odd systems, but once they figure them out, you can usually get things done.

Would be nice to have some more communication about how the company is doing and the direction--we all have ESOP, so the better the company does, the better we all do!
Pros
Incredible benefits (honestly the best health insurance ever), ESOP, good cafeteria, great coworkers
Cons
Homegrown disconnected computer systems
50-50
Welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 22, 2015
Loved working on the floor with my coworkers.. A very great group of people. HR does not work with its workers.. everything is so black and white. Workers have no say in anything.. jerked around .. 12 hours 6 days a week for several months - then told to go to 10 ours then told to go to different shifts.. we can't vote on anything. They just make their policies and don't let the workers have any say in anything.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
HR .. doesn't work with the workers
New management is on the right path
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 19, 2014
When I joined P&C, it was known for its great benefits (really good health care.) We've had some changes in management in the past year or so, and its been for the better. New President and new plant structure have us pointed in the right direction...in many areas, hours are improving (people complain about the overtime in certain departments, but they love the overtime pay.) The Skilled Trades shift bonus is even better than it was.
Pros
Benefits, team-co-workers, new management
Cons
Hours in a couple departments
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 11, 2014
1 Machine operator 2 changing tools 3 could be better 4 like my co-worker a lot 5 working 21 days to have one day off 6 the people I have been able to meet
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks
It depends on what you want
Die Repairman (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2014
The benefits and pay are good. Management leaves much to be desired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pridgeon & Clay. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3