Pridgeon & Clay Employee Reviews

productive
Automatic Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 20, 2017
Ran and set up automatic presses, Spent 18 plus years doing this, Learned how to set up and run new dies with out any paper work and get them running and provide the set up instructions for them, there was really no hard part to the job. most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people. Management was ok with me.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
pay could have been more competitive
Would not likely go back there to work
forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INNovember 8, 2017
The job was a fast past. Sorry to say that some of the front office help was out in left field. Would not go back. The work team did not work as a team.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
long hrs some bad office help
not terrible
CNC Programmer and Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2017
One hr person wanted me gone, would not let me advance. Not very organized, said we had to meet impossible deadlines. Insurance was good. Bosses got there jobs not by knowledgs but by how hard they pushed peoply.
Good Medical benefits but that's it
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 2, 2017
Management is the worst. HR don't help the pay isn't worth it. Its a starter job nothing permanent. hourly wage not good butGood Medical benefits. It's a very unsafe place to work all kinds of safety hazards the machines are old as heck. I wouldn't never go back
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Long hours, underpaid
If you like working and nothing else, this place is for you.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 1, 2017
Long hours, last minute overtime, 45-55 hour weeks, hot, dirty, poor management and everyone is miserable. You also can not smoke cigarettes even if you are off the clock and work for them or they will fire you. It's like a sweat shop that pays kind of decent.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours, poor communication, dirty/dangerous job, everyone there hates life. Negative work atmosphere.
Ok place to work, too much employee turnover though
Die technician (Current Employee) –  CittJuly 25, 2017
Managment is overwheling, they dont focus on the emplyees enlightened , underpaid for the responsibilitys i practically have
Poor equipment & lack of maintence on the presses hurts is everyday
Horrible management
Die Maker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 22, 2017
Good Benefits, not a career forever job. Very disconnected management, terrible communication between upper and middle management to work force. Would NOT go back.
Not that great
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 28, 2017
Don't even think about advancing here unless you are buddies with the person currently in charge. Promotions aren't decided on experience, ability , knowledge or even length of employment at this company. Management really thinks you are just a cog that can be replaced. Raises are almost nonexistent unless you are skilled trade or, of course, management. Company is way too top heavy. More people pushing papers than producing a sellable product. Preventive maintenance is non existent also. Just react to problems not prevent them
Pros
Health insurance isn't bad. People on the floor are nice.
Cons
Management! They try but really have no clue
Very productive
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INMay 24, 2017
productive and fast pace management was ok pay was not great could have been better there is only 2 15 minutes break and no lunch breaks I liked the work I did I would recommend it for a younger person just starting out in the working world sometimes it was enjoyable but work is what you make it.
Pros
Had some free lunches provided by the company
Cons
Short breaks and no lunch breaks and low pay
ok but could be better
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INMarch 24, 2017
working here was ok most of the time there are some issues with the way some people are treated there and is some issues with the way they schedule things there.the works not bad but benefits could be alot better
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
pay benefits
Over worked employees with extreme overtime schedules
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 21, 2017
Working at pridgeon and clay consumes
your life. Due to the lack of people interviewed by there hr department they were forcing two people to handle a three person minimum work load. They are creating a work place of people that won't work together for customer satisfaction.
Good company to work for
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 12, 2017
It's a good manufacturing company. There are a lot of good people working for the company. Overall, there are many pros and cons on the both sides but eventually it just all depends on the exact position and person's perspective/attitude.
Its a job
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 12, 2017
If you like being treated like poo with a paycheck p&c is the place for you. Everything is old and unsafe. The team leaders don't care. If your a woman you're automatically assumed to be un-able to do the same job as a man. Pridgeon & clay only cares about is you making a hourly rate of parts.
Pros
Its a job. Occasionally 1000$ christmas bonus. 66 hour point system.
Cons
Management is horrible. HR dosent care about anything. Everyones thier jusy for the money.
H.R. Department and management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 15, 2016
Human resource personel make up new policies at least once a week , they dont work with employees period. They want us to look ahead and plan ahead but cant do the same as what they ask of us employees. For years we had a great yearly bonus , until fall of 2015. Management gave us a huge line of B.S.in a meeting , so we ended up getting about 15% of what we had received in the past. I could go on. But i think everyone who reads this gets the point.
Pros
Some of the people i worked with were great friends
Cons
Human resource and management
No hope for the hard working
Servo operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 28, 2016
I was there for 6 months and I totally agree with the above comments about management,not GOOD,and tge turn over WOW ,they have a revolving door in tge hr office. Benefits were REALLY good but i worked all the time hr told me min. ot ,that was misleading me being a set up person,a lead man and an operator for the past 20 years I was less than impressed with this company and was sorry i took employment there,Byt if you need a paycheck then i GUESS its the place for you. Good luck to all the present employees there!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
all the ot, no family time, treat people poorly, management are college educated but lack common sense and practical experience
Company could be great if teamwork was a goal.
Weld Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 7, 2016
Very little communication with employees and almost no assistance from management. Too many good workers fired for unexplained reasoning.
Pros
Relaxed work atmosphere
Cons
No benefits
Great co workers , horrible management
Die Tech. (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 30, 2016
The people I worked with were terrific . We worked together great as a team . The management on the other hand are incompetant they have no idea how your job should be done but they tell you how to do it . They claim this is a family oriented company but unless your management this is a lie . This company has a lot of potential if they were to get rid of the idiots that are running it into the ground . This used to be a great place to work before the Clay's stepped away from the business.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
An average place to work.
employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 3, 2016
This company has a swinging door policy. You have just as many people leaving as you do being hired in. It's a good place to learn a job but not to stay very long at. They say they care about there workers but really don't, you learn that in a very short time.
Pros
there's always a lot of work available.
Cons
have to pay for insurance, dirty and oily working conditions, low wages.
cnc operator
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 15, 2016
big company with plants in other countries as well as the united states of America
been working there for 5 plus years
met lots of great people working here
Easy work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 6, 2016
This place is very easy machine operating work that doesn't take long to learn. A little dirty but not bad. Not family orientated and will not work with you need time off. You can move up if want to and opportunity for raises if you work hard.
Pros
$$$
Cons
Too easy work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pridgeon & Clay. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8