Priebe Security Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Just looking for a body
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Uastin, txFebruary 26, 2017
Preibe Management is only looking to fill spots and make them money. They do not care about job performance or anything else. They want you to take no time off in order to maximize their profit. Priebe management believes every Security Guard they employ is stupid. The HR department is a complete joke and is in dire need of a complete overhaul. You will be called to work your days off and have your schedule changed without notice. Preibe will tell you things when you first get hired and you will find out they are not true. Priebe does not like to promote from within. They also have a tendency to not tell employees when the site they are working at pay increases. Thus, new employee are the same site make more than old employees. There are plenty of other issues which are too numerous to list. There is only legal minimum benefits.
Pros
Cons
BAD HR department
Productive work related company
security guard (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2017
my review would be 5/5 They really take care of there employees like a family trust me.Also its very fantastic job to work very fun too because you meet a lot of clients from all over the world.
Pros
benefits to gym memberships, bonuses, employee referrals.
Cons
n/a
In My Experience, Priebe is a Reliable Company.
Flex Officer Extraordinaire (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Priebe is a small business. They are completely legit. You can talk to anyone in the management office. They encourage a family like environment. This company is not a giant national brand. That is perhaps what I like best about them. There seems to be potential for them to grow so I see a possibility for advancement in ones position.
There are security companies out there that have big accounts but may be a bit loose on the accountability side. Priebe tries to be air tight but still gives you the benefit of the doubt. You are an adult
and a professional. You are someone who can rise to the challenge of accomplishing what is required by the tenant. Or, you are not. Priebe only wants professional adults. Just be reliable. That's half the battle.
Pros
Freindly staff, available work, fair pay, health insurance, promotion potential
Cons
One day off.
Bad bad bad management
Securtiy Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2017
It is hard to state how putrid of a job I had. Priebe cared nothing for my saftey. I was posted in an East Austin location, where there were many homeless which I was primarily tasked with running off. There are supposed to be " field supervisors" checking in on you every night, to make sure you are on post and everything was squared away. I saw one ONCE in the entire year I worked for Priebe. The time I did see him, it was actually a field supervisor wtho was filling in, he stated he knew the other field supervisor didnt come visit because it was a bad part of time. They didn't even check on me, I was pretty much on my own. The only time I heard from Priebe was to tell me to stay longer because someone called off or I was told to mandatory work on my days off.
Great job!
Non-Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2016
Love coming to work every day! The supervisors are great. The office staff is exceptional. The owner is a wonderful person. Love the benefits. There's always room for advancement.
HR insight on Priebe Security as Employer
Human Resources, Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2016
I worked for Priebe Security as a HR Admin for 3 years (2013-2016) and previously as a security guard for 5 years. I left employment with them to help my husband with a business start-up. Having been a part of the management team I believe that I have an insight that others might not and I wanted to share it. Part of the purpose of the weekly management team meetings held is to discuss officer challenges and victories, to vote for the Officer of the Month according to accomplishments; and during the staffing portion, to see if any current officers would benefit from moves to open positions/promotions. The President and management team believe, practice, and promote internal promotions/beneficial lateral moves for all officers. I believe Katarzyna Priebe really means it when she says she cares for her officers/staff; she finds ways to make the employees feel appreciated throughout the year with Officer Appreciation Week, Birthday Cards, Anniversary Gifts, Officer of the Month and Officer of the Year Awards, Holiday Party and Annual Awards, annual “How are we doing?” employee surveys, offering officer development courses and many other small and big gestures. I have seen her sit in our conference room and go to bat for the employees to get them better benefits at lower rates. And I do see the company get better and better with each passing year - Katarzyna started this company with a customer service focus and it is my belief that she delivers, to both clients and employees. I would encourage anyone to apply and to experience this personally. This is my sincere statement.
Pros
Working with fun/kind people and getting to interact with the officers
summary
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2016
Overall a great place to work. on a typical day I will have completed about 5 patrols. My co-workers were friendly. I mostly enjoyed the lack of micromanaging aspect of the job, very limited supervision.
Cons
no breaks
Security officer
security officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2015
Garbage company, toxic management. Company will run you down and blame you for any little thing. If the client on the property doesn't like you they'll just fire you and they'll let you know that for sure.
Boring and long.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Drunk people. Calm job. Don't really do anything at all. Kind of miserable. You stand outside all day and protect your post and make sure nothing gets vandalized.
Pros
Drunk people
Cons
Drunk people
Not Good.
Former Employee - (Former Employee) –  AustinDecember 30, 2014
Contract security always has to be aware of the clients needs and expectations. True.
However, the management of the security firm has an obligation to do it's best to support the employees who do the work. There is a huge failure to do so in the firm.
The hourly wage IS NOT competitive, it falls short in the growing Austin area. Other firms pay more.
Benefits, are okay. Talking medical benefits only. There is no 401k or other retirement / savings vehicle. It is simple, bad hires, along with worse management = early fires, = why bother?
Site Supervisors are weak, un-trained, and demonstrate a poor leadership. Typical is: They break the same rules, they enforce on the guards. To include uniforms, using personal computers, cellphones, not shaving, leaving early. This IS NOT leadership. It is phony supervision.
Guards are placed in unsafe working areas, exposed to the elements of weather, and site specific dangers, without proper clothing, and even worse, NOT INFORMED of work place dangers.
The statement that the firm is , "employee focused ', is not true.
There are some fine individual's with great experience, education, skill and training working in the field. These people are NOT promoted, NOT solicited for opinion, and input; but rather, ignored.
There are some terrible people in the field. Unkempt, unwashed, un-motivated, dis-interested, and unreliable. This includes supervisors.
This IS a fair, and true review.
As a former employee, leaving at my own will, with a college education, an immense amount of training in Private Security, and experience,
  more... as well as Veteran status; I say this.
You can do much better, elsewhere.
Cons
Wages, Advancement, Benefits, Management, Training, Supervision
Hardly no time off
Security Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2014
I have been working at Priebe Security. The only thing that I have to complain about with this company is that I have hardly no time off. The job posting for Priebe is 40 hour work weeks, but in reality it is more like 70 hour work weeks for new security officers and when your scheduled to be off the management would call 3 or 4 times daily asking if i could work that night.
Attention Vets...Don't Waste Your Time!!!
Patrol Officer/Professional Barcode Scanner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
The patrol officer position is really an Easter egg hunt for multiple barcodes on 25 different properties that you will continuously drive thru three times per shift. There's no security really other than a quick visual scan of these properties and searching for the next hidden bar code (usually in very inconvenient places.) There's absolutely no time to use the restroom, take a lunch break, or a 15 minute rest in this 10 hour shift without going over your 10 hour shift. The management has crammed so many possible sites to drive to on one single officer that you literally only have enough time to drive to the property, jump out, scan multiple barcodes, jump back in and do it again multiple times until the shift is over. I've never worked for a job where you are discouraged to take a break and utilize the restroom so that a ridiculously scheduled security route can be completed. The training is not militarized in any sense and really is a step backwards for any ex-military trying to find a career. If you are desperate for work, willing to tolerate fake personalities, put up with a 10 hour shift without a break, have no future in promotion, and like scanning barcodes, then apply, because they will hire you the next day because they are so desperate to fill their security officer position (due to their lack in management and inability to find officers smart enough to work the job, but dumb/unfortunate enough to stay with the company.) If you are like me and have real military experience in security and military life, then don't apply to this job because it will just p***  more... you off.

12.50 p/hr / (7.25 p/hr - When you realize you made a mistake in choosing this job and you are ready to leave.)
Pros
They pay more than Mcdonald's, but if you quit without notice it's minimum wage, (Which is inevitable.)
Cons
Where do I start...
Okay place.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Schulenburg, TXAugust 17, 2014
I did not work for this company long because of contract ending. However I did enjoy it while I was working.
worst place ever
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2014
They don't care for employees. Management has no clue. Every person I talked to despised working for them and stay with them because it's a last an only option kinda thing. I wouldn't recommend this employee to anyone
Pros
direct deposit
Cons
poor management, poor pay
good work place
security officer (Current Employee) –  Austin TXAugust 28, 2013
I have worked for a company with a high turn over rate this is not it. Everyone I've met has worked for this company for years. Management had a few problems at first but they worked them out made me a happy employee.
Pros
they are flexible with me working two jobs
Cons
management had a few glitches at first
Have no clue
Patrol officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2013
These people have no clue. Poor training, supervisors are lazy, sloppy and refuse to take any responsibility for ANYTHING.
HR is typical...not helpful, looks down on employees...enough is enough!
I am part of the high turn over because no one likes being treated like dirt.
Pros
Cons
Poor training, sloppy management, hr is pathetic
Great experience with growing company
Non-commissioned (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 28, 2013
I've gained valuable experience of handling stressful situations, communication skills, ability to quickly assess complicated situations.
I've learned basic skills of non-commissioned security officer at different types of building/businesses.
The most enjoyable part of my work was communication with people, and through this work I really enhanced my communicative abilities.
There is job security with-in this company. There is ample opprotunity to work overtime.
Patrol Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 6, 2013
A typical day is usually calm, unless there are many issues from property to property.

Thoughout my time with this company I have increased my ability in learning the ins and outs of computer software.

My co-workers are always great to get along with.

The phyical aspect of the job would be the hardest part.

This job gives one the opportunity to preform the job with little supervision. Self proformance is a must with-in this company. It gives one the opportunity to be a self-problem solver.
Pros
Three days off
Terrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2013
I was hired at Priebe in April and worked 40+ hours a week for them.
No write ups, no warnings, nothing bad ever.
Then I handed them a copy of my drill schedule for the National Guard and they fired me by the end of the week.

While the Field Supervisors are generally good people, I cannot say the same about their HR department - for the reason above.

Complaining about other security guards in front of their coworkers is common place and I heard plenty of it when ever I would step into the office.
Poor Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2012
This company is the worst to work for poor management. There is also a high turnover rate. They also do not promote from within.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management and promotes from outside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priebe Security Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9