Priebe Security Services, Inc

Priebe Security Services, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Horrid management
Security Officer and Patrol officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2015
Worked for Preibe for a few months before I quit. I quit of my own will and was not fired. Priebe management was the main problem, owner makes excuses for management team claiming that reviews are from disgruntled employees. NO EMPLOYEES I HAVE ENCOUNTERED FEEL LIKE THEY ARE TREATED WELL BY PRIEBE'S MANAGEMENT TEAM. Employees are harassed by supervisors all hours of the day and night to fill vacant post, which they have no training on. Site Supervisors are not accountable and receive no Supervisor training. The office management of Preibe is the main problem, they flat out take the client's side no matter what. If the client complains they WILL FIRE YOU, I have seen this multiple times. Priebe also only promotes people who are willing to kiss up to the supervisors, harass other employees, and go along with their putrid corporate culture. If you complain to management about legitament issues such as employees coming in late, co-workers no doing their job, site supervisors screaming at you in front of the client, etc They will tell you to grin and bear it. Turn over at this company is exceptionally high even for a Security company.
Pros
NONE
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Do not work here
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 19, 2016
*****DO NOT WORK HERE!!!*****
They do not care about you here. If they accuse you of something that you didn't do... To BAD! you did do it. They pay sucks. Manager sucks. They don't tell you what you did wrong they make you drive and hour to come to there office. They do not know how to run this company at all. They cant even keep officers here!! Everyone quits because there is no room to advance. Although its an easy job I rather have the hardest job that pays worse just so its feels like I accomplished something.
Security officer
security officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2015
Garbage company, toxic management. Company will run you down and blame you for any little thing. If the client on the property doesn't like you they'll just fire you and they'll let you know that for sure.
summary
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2016
Overall a great place to work. on a typical day I will have completed about 5 patrols. My co-workers were friendly. I mostly enjoyed the lack of micromanaging aspect of the job, very limited supervision.
Cons
no breaks
Last resort
security Guard (Current Employee) –  Austin, txMarch 5, 2015
Come in on 3rd shift. Get briefing. Walk around and hunt barcodes to scan for 8 straight hours with no break. Then wait until the "supervisor" comes in the morning to yell at me and then try to force me to work overtime on my days off. I get blamed for everything that goes wrong simply because I work third shift. 1st and 2nd shifts do 25% of the work that 3rd shift does and receive more money. Preibe will always side with the client even though they are wrong. I was told I was extremely replaceable and should "shut up". Co- works fail to show up on time, call off multiple weeks, and leave early. This forces me to work copious amounts of overtime, yet nothing is done to discipline them. I was told I would never be promoted due to the fact they have high turnover at the site I am at. Field supervisors are a joke and have no clue what happens at sites. They will attempt to force you to work your days off and continually ask you to work more often. The office staff are quick to blame and never supportive of their employees. The benefits are a joke. Everyone who works at my site including the "supervisor" is looking for a new job. Moral is exceedingly low. Promotions are only given to people entering the company and not to existing employees.
Pros
check has not bounced yet
Cons
everything
The worst place on Earth!
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2015
Possible the worst security company in all of Austin area. No company growth and manager has no real leadership skills.
Not Good.
Former Employee - (Former Employee) –  AustinDecember 30, 2014
Contract security always has to be aware of the clients needs and expectations. True.
However, the management of the security firm has an obligation to do it's best to support the employees who do the work. There is a huge failure to do so in the firm.
The hourly wage IS NOT competitive, it falls short in the growing Austin area. Other firms pay more.
Benefits, are okay. Talking medical benefits only. There is no 401k or other retirement / savings vehicle. It is simple, bad hires, along with worse management = early fires, = why bother?
Site Supervisors are weak, un-trained, and demonstrate a poor leadership. Typical is: They break the same rules, they enforce on the guards. To include uniforms, using personal computers, cellphones, not shaving, leaving early. This IS NOT leadership. It is phony supervision.
Guards are placed in unsafe working areas, exposed to the elements of weather, and site specific dangers, without proper clothing, and even worse, NOT INFORMED of work place dangers.
The statement that the firm is , "employee focused ', is not true.
There are some fine individual's with great experience, education, skill and training working in the field. These people are NOT promoted, NOT solicited for opinion, and input; but rather, ignored.
There are some terrible people in the field. Unkempt, unwashed, un-motivated, dis-interested, and unreliable. This includes supervisors.
This IS a fair, and true review.
As a former employee, leaving at my own will, with a college education, an immense amount of training in Private Security, and experience, as well as Veteran status;
  more... I say this.
You can do much better, elsewhere.
Cons
wages, advancement, benefits, management, training, supervision
Boring and long.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Drunk people. Calm job. Don't really do anything at all. Kind of miserable. You stand outside all day and protect your post and make sure nothing gets vandalized.
Pros
Drunk people
Cons
Drunk people
Hardly no time off
Security Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2014
I have been working at Priebe Security. The only thing that I have to complain about with this company is that I have hardly no time off. The job posting for Priebe is 40 hour work weeks, but in reality it is more like 70 hour work weeks for new security officers and when your scheduled to be off the management would call 3 or 4 times daily asking if i could work that night.
Don't ever work for them!!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin TxAugust 20, 2014
This company is terrible to work for , HR or should I say Silvia has ran it in the ground. Doesn't let current employees advance. Continual turnover. No one with any sense doesn't stay. Puts employees in dangerous places by themselves they discriminate. And they don't give out much information about their insurance, even when asked questions. I'm guessing so you won't take it.
Cons
pay, hr, locations, advancement opportunities
Very good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2012
Good company to work for. Was a temporary position/ first experience working security. Found Owner and Management to be good and enjoyed time working for this company.
Cons
pay, hours, advancement
Quiet post with 8 buildings to patro;
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2015
walk and patrol all 8 buildings checking for any vandalism, water leaks, burnt light bulbs, elevators, ensured all building entry doors were secured. I always made aware of who would be the point of contact incase of an emergency, and checked on call lists.

I worked 3rd shift 12 midnight to 8 am which was the toughest part of the job. For that same reason I rarely came in contact with any other security officers with the exception of the field supervisors.

I wrote, updated and organized the system at my post. I made a "cheat sheet" for flex officer who came to that site. That consisted of step by step procedures for all 3 shifts, what to look out for, what questions to ask, areas to patrol, the do's and don'ts for the site. Conducted maintenance for security carts (cleaning, electrical rewiring, etc.) I am proud to say that my work was noticed by my site supervisor and am very happy to have contributed to the team.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no breaks, out in various weather conditions, any damages caused by a violator can resault in pay deductions
The Worst Company I Have Ever Worked For
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2014
I worked for them for 5 months. They told me that they were looking for a full time spot for me. Unfortunately that never materialized. I had a conversation with one of their office staff in which I was told I "should have applied for patrol, they make more money." When I told the truth that I HAD applied for patrol but was never given a patrol position I was punished for contradicting management even though I was right. I was punished for this perceived insubordination by being switched from a full-time position to a permanent part-time position. It's Priebe's way of forcing you to quit, because you can't earn a decent living with them, without having to pay you unemployment benefits. I worked a group event shortly before leaving Priebe in which I spoke to many new hires who were given steady full-time joba immediately, something I was told for 5 months was not available.

I office staff routinely talks down to security officers and in there orientation meeting makes it very clear that if you don't like the way you are treated there's the door. I knew a long time employee who used her meager benefits to have an operation and when she returned to work 2 weeks later her full-time position was given away and she was switched to part-time permanently. A member of the armed forces was fired when he gave them his military service schedule.

Priebe nominated themselves for the Austin American-Statesman's "Best Workplace in Austin" Award every year. They make their employees fill out complimentary reviews if they want to keep their jobs. Since no other security companies seem to apply
  more... for this award they usually win. Priebe's so-called benefits do not comply with the Affordable Health Care Act. Meaning they can use a pre-existing condition clause to deny you coverage for even allergy mediation. If you ever do use your benefits for anything that costs them a substantial amount of money count on being hung out to dry as a permanent part-timer.

It comes down to respect and Priebe has no respect for anyone except their elitist office staff. Indeed is the last honest place where you can speak truthfully about Priebe's longstanding and deliberate mistreatment of it's workers. Priebe has forced Yelp to delete all negative reviews and despite attempts by their office staff to plant 5 star reviews as they have on Indeed, Yelp has recently deleted all Priebe reviews entirely, probably under treat by Priebe.

Priebe has the highest turnover rate of any security company I have ever worked for. You can always find a job at Priebe any week of the year. The reason Priebe does not retain it's workers is that they don't treat their employees with any modicum of respect. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Even when you are right you're wrong with Priebe. It's a no win job situation and a dead-end thankless job with no opportunity for advancement. It's a shame that this company takes advantage of hard working people in a fragile economy and treats employees with disrespect for no reason except that they can. I would not recommend working for Priebe to anyone.
Cons
total disrespect and disregard for their employees.
Terrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2013
I was hired at Priebe in April and worked 40+ hours a week for them.
No write ups, no warnings, nothing bad ever.
Then I handed them a copy of my drill schedule for the National Guard and they fired me by the end of the week.

While the Field Supervisors are generally good people, I cannot say the same about their HR department - for the reason above.

Complaining about other security guards in front of their coworkers is common place and I heard plenty of it when ever I would step into the office.
Not What You'd Expect.
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  AustinOctober 26, 2014
This company usually hires those who don't have much drive in the security field.
I've worked for other companies, and seen their officers sleeping on OUR sites, they have bad attitudes - towards other Security Officers, even when you're trying to help them out, since some sites are adjacent to one another.
They're not really looking to hire anyone long term, and only hire those who 'fit' into their little profile for a Level II Non-Commissioned Guard. Which means you're probably not looking to advance, you have ZERO experience working security, and you'll lie about your Work Ethic.
This company is a Customer Service job, that doesn't include a badge, just an embroidered collared tee.
AVOID at all costs, they WILL waste your time !!!
Pros
decent beginning pay
Cons
negative approach on employee training, poor insight
Terrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 5, 2013
PRO - Direct Deposit of paychecks

CONS - Everything else. Starting with HR, this company looks down on their employees and treats them poorly. They will tell you up front that they will work with you, but they will stab you in the back eventually. They have had a lawsuit filed against them for unlawful termination, when they violated a member of the military's rights. They treat the company like they are some sort of elite police organization, when they are low level private security. We are not even talking defense contractors, Executive Protection, estate security, or other jobs where you would expect a high level of attention to detail.
Their idea of training is a group or individual "training" where they demean their employees and treat them like a bunch of morons training to guard a nuclear power plant.
Most of the supervisors do only what they must to stay employed, but who can blame them? This company does not compensate supervisors well. There is no genuine ongoing training of staff, only a silly newsletter that goes out periodically.
The office personnel regularly talk down about employees to or in front of other employees.
Pros
direct deposit
Cons
everything else
Attention Vets...Don't Waste Your Time!!!
Patrol Officer/Professional Barcode Scanner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2014
The patrol officer position is really an Easter egg hunt for multiple barcodes on 25 different properties that you will continuously drive thru three times per shift. There's no security really other than a quick visual scan of these properties and searching for the next hidden bar code (usually in very inconvenient places.) There's absolutely no time to use the restroom, take a lunch break, or a 15 minute rest in this 10 hour shift without going over your 10 hour shift. The management has crammed so many possible sites to drive to on one single officer that you literally only have enough time to drive to the property, jump out, scan multiple barcodes, jump back in and do it again multiple times until the shift is over. I've never worked for a job where you are discouraged to take a break and utilize the restroom so that a ridiculously scheduled security route can be completed. The training is not militarized in any sense and really is a step backwards for any ex-military trying to find a career. If you are desperate for work, willing to tolerate fake personalities, put up with a 10 hour shift without a break, have no future in promotion, and like scanning barcodes, then apply, because they will hire you the next day because they are so desperate to fill their security officer position (due to their lack in management and inability to find officers smart enough to work the job, but dumb/unfortunate enough to stay with the company.) If you are like me and have real military experience in security and military life, then don't apply to this job because it will just p*** you off.  more...

12.50 p/hr / (7.25 p/hr - When you realize you made a mistake in choosing this job and you are ready to leave.)
Pros
they pay more than mcdonald's, but if you quit without notice it's minimum wage, (which is inevitable.)
Cons
where do i start...
Have no clue
Patrol officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2013
These people have no clue. Poor training, supervisors are lazy, sloppy and refuse to take any responsibility for ANYTHING.
HR is typical...not helpful, looks down on employees...enough is enough!
I am part of the high turn over because no one likes being treated like dirt.
Cons
poor training, sloppy management, hr is pathetic
good work place
security officer (Current Employee) –  Austin TXAugust 28, 2013
I have worked for a company with a high turn over rate this is not it. Everyone I've met has worked for this company for years. Management had a few problems at first but they worked them out made me a happy employee.
Pros
they are flexible with me working two jobs
Cons
management had a few glitches at first
Priebe - Austin
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  AustinSeptember 21, 2014
Won't work for them again. Messed up insurance. Quick to blame and discipline. Horrible receptionist. Bad attitudes toward officers.
Pros
standing
Cons
management

2.1