Primary Care Associates Employee Reviews in United States

New Company has a lot of Managerial Issues
Medical Office Mgr (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 13, 2016
Thought it would be exciting to be in on the expansion of the Medical Practice. The Management is not used to dealing with many employees or using EHR to its fullest capacity. Management is not professional or well trained. Very frustrating to go back to paper when I have not done that since 2008.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Very Frustrating
Busy walk in urgent care clinic
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, AKFebruary 17, 2016
It's very busy, long waiting periods sometimes. Some of the co-workers are not so friendly. It was very busy and stressful.
Cons
Very short breaks
Fast pace and productive work environment. Family feel to the office.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 13, 2016
Work with 1 Physician and 2 other CMAs. I work well with a team. I have learned to multitask to get things done in a quick and well timed fashion. Management is very informative and also creating moral for the staff. My coworkers and I have become very close and work well together and the job done. The hardest part of my job is the one hours put in. I work 4 days a week about 10-11 hours. The best thing from that is that I am off work 1 whole day per week. Which enables me to get my personal business accomplished.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Abusive envirnmnet
Network Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Company had a lot of wonderful people who did not stay long due to the abusive culture handed down from management. All the people in supporting roles were great at their jobs and could not have been nicer.
enjoyable
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2016
dynamic place of employment challenged on a daily basis to provide excellent customer service. All employees were very easy to get along with.
fun place to work
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 7, 2015
you are not micromanaged, they are personalble, doctors listen to you and help you out. management could be stronger with social skills and who they put in charge
Pros
its a job, healthcare
Cons
way out ease
overall good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butler, PANovember 4, 2015
I had a great experience working for this company. It is very well established and the management really cares about their employees. The only problem that I had was the individual Physician that I worked for (whom I believe is no longer employed there). She was a micromanager, and would often undermine me and interrupt my phone calls or conversations with the patients. She also talked about the patients as an inconvenience for being there. I left because I did not share the same values in patient care and there was no other position to place me at that time.
Pros
Great management and almost always had lunch brought in and provided for staff.
Cons
Clashing values with physician.
Great place to start your MA career
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 1, 2015
Hard work without any appreciation. The people you get to work with become your second family. Great place to learn new skills.
Pros
Employees are like family
Cons
Occasional zero breaks while others get breaks
Patient oriented
Medical Asst. (Current Employee) –  GadsdenAugust 11, 2015
Prime is a new company to our area. They are focused on patient safety and well being as a whole. This is still a new company, it seems to be working so far. I have not had the opportunity to meet with any of the new management at this time.
Very Enjoyable Work Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJuly 2, 2015
I was here for almost 2 months for my internship and I loved it! Half the time I was there I did patient check-in. I learned a lot from the other employees and they made me feel very comfortable. The other half of my time there I was in the billing office. I loved learning all the different tasks that need to be done on a daily basis and the other billers were also very kind and willing to help me learn. I will always remember my time at PCA as a very good learning experience.
stressful day
patient (Former Employee) –  frederick mdJune 26, 2015
not good management not professional at all patients hated coming there they take for ever to check patients in the office has a really bad turn over they need to be shut down
Pros
good doctors
Cons
negative staff and bad management
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2015
 Performed back office work such as blood draws, injections, vitals, assistant to the physician, UA, EKG, pre-op preparing, referrals, verifying medical insurance, reception and scheduling.
great job and teaching enviornment
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 15, 2015
friendly helpful staff, loved the patients, I learned a lot here. The doctors were nice and knowledgeable. I got to use a lot of the skills I learned in school.
Pros
staff and patients
Cons
it was just and externship site
Good if you have the education
Dr Hai Troung Medical assistant / Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 11, 2015
I have my MA but they put a low cap on how much you can get paid. environment good and the people are great, but growth was limited
Giving 100 percent
Purchasing/Coding and Occp. Medicine Rep. (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAMarch 1, 2015
My job consist being accurate and where many different hats however never loosing site of the patient mission., But understand the needs if the patients and providers there is no room for error.
A very professional office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Greeting and rooming 30 patients through out the day per doctor in a 2 doctor office. Obtaining reason for visit and any necessary procedures such as blood draw, EKG, pulmonary function tests and more. Relaying detailed information to doctor before seeing the patient and assisting with any other possible examinations such as X-rays, vaccinations, Women's Health, stim and heat, and minor surgeries (cyst, mole, skin tag removal and more). I worked in professional setting with another medical assistant and front desk person. worked with great team players, reliable, and well organized team. The office is a fast paced and has high volume of patients and had difficulty with staying on time on the most busiest days. We all contribute in effort to have each patient get the full needed attention and pleasant visit. The work setting is a positive environment with supportive coworkers that meticulous in all area in order to provide exceptional service to our patients.
Assisted coders to complete charge tickets for billing
Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 12, 2015
Follow up on aging patient accounts for outstanding balances. Researched aging medical claims, handled patient monthly statements.
office was a mess
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, Fl.October 30, 2014
The doctor is a very smart doctor but was very nasty. The office was on egg shells. I was happy I left.
very busy HMO office and the atmoshere was cheerful
Medical Assistant & Hospital Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 23, 2014
had to keep up with the patients that was hospitalized
learned to keep accurate records of the hospital stay for the patients
the manager did her job very well and kept balance in the office setting
understanding the charting of the hospital stays
interacting with the coworkers because was alone in my office most of the time
Pros
making the doctors proud
Cons
working alone in my office
Great work environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 21, 2014
• Provides front line contact with patients and staff; exceptional patient care and attention to detail
• Responsible for receiving and managing patient charts, statistics, and records for documentation
• Provides an interdisciplinary approach to patient care management in partnership with the medical staff