Primary Care Associates Employee Reviews

good Ins. and benefits
Customer Service Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJuly 23, 2017
It was an ok job at the time. They did have good Ins. and Benefits. poor management, wasn't appreciated for a job well done. It was a very busy medical office, stressful, need more employees to answer the phones for the amount of Dr'.s that were there.
very stressful
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 18, 2017
Very busy no appreciation for hard work to much work duties not worth the pay amount new staff making more than staff that has been there longer lots of drama
Pros
amazing patients
Cons
short breaks lack of commuincation
Busy office, but teamwork is a ,priority.
Office Representative (Current Employee) –  Office ManagerJune 6, 2017
This is a very busy family practice office, the doctors are really nice and everyone works well together to insure patient satisfaction as well as privacy. I've gained a lot of knowledge and experience while working there, as well as great friendships with coworkers and providers.
Pros
A great place to gain knowledge and experience.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Fun and interesting place to work
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXMay 31, 2017
PCA is an interesting place to work, friendly staff, good pay and benefits, working with adult and pedi patients.
You learn a lot about insurance, work with the public.
Pros
Friendly staff, carrying doctors
Company has Dissolved
Medical assistant / Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 21, 2017
First Medical company I ever worked with. Excellent people from the bottom all the way up. They are now disbanded and renamed but I was very proud to have been a part of Primary Care Associates
Pros
People, Providers, benefits
Cons
Better be ready to throw your roller skates on.
Educational and productive workplace.
Medical Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day at work would include learning the many different health concerns of patients on a day to day basis. I get the opportunity to learn so much by being in the medical field.
1 Star = N/A
MEDICAL ASSISTING EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 31, 2017
This was the last phase for graduating to get my associates degree. An externship to graduate and learn real-world experience for the work force. I am very thankful for it.
Pros
Real-world job experience.
Cons
It was only was an extership.
Productive and great learning
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 1, 2016
This job is a great place to start out and learn a lot of new things in a fast pace environment. You learn team work, and how to work on your own. It can be hard if you are not used to working fast and efficient.
Great doctors.
Receptionist/ Front Office (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 26, 2016
This is a great place to work. This is a busy family practice with six doctors. There is always something going on. It can be challenging with the demand and volume of the patients. However, we strive to take care of all of the patients needs. There is areas of opportunities on training that would help with the new staff members.
Fun, fast paced workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 22, 2016
Highly motivated family practice, I surely enjoyed every minute I worked there and am thankful for all the great knowledge and experience I received over the years.
Very Nice environment to work in
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJune 24, 2016
It was very nice working at Primary Care Associates. All the co-workers got along , and was willing to help each other when needed, As a Medical Assistant working there I checked pt in/out. Checked Insurances, and also scheduled appointments. I also worked back office. Checking vitals, EKG's, also performed phlebotomy of the patients that needed it.
Pros
Very nice environment to work in. Doctors were very kind.
Cons
Company got bought out by another company
great work enviroment
Front Office assistanct/ Back office assistant (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJune 14, 2016
Nice place to work. The doctors in the office were all very friendly and knowledgeable. The co workers were great people to work with. We were provided lunch daily which was great.

Typical day was answering phones and scheduling appointments. The hardest part of my job was when people would call off I had to work front and back office which happened a lot.

The best part of the job was my boss (dr.) very great person to work for and taught me a lot.
Pros
only work half day on fridays
Cons
low pay
good
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 10, 2016
flexible, nice people, two locations, on site testing, labs ekg, xray, special skills, tem is very friendly, down to earth ethics
New Company has a lot of Managerial Issues
Medical Office Mgr (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLMarch 13, 2016
Thought it would be exciting to be in on the expansion of the Medical Practice. The Management is not used to dealing with many employees or using EHR to its fullest capacity. Management is not professional or well trained. Very frustrating to go back to paper when I have not done that since 2008.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Very Frustrating
Busy walk in urgent care clinic
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eagle River, AKFebruary 17, 2016
It's very busy, long waiting periods sometimes. Some of the co-workers are not so friendly. It was very busy and stressful.
Cons
Very short breaks
Fast pace and productive work environment. Family feel to the office.
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 13, 2016
Work with 1 Physician and 2 other CMAs. I work well with a team. I have learned to multitask to get things done in a quick and well timed fashion. Management is very informative and also creating moral for the staff. My coworkers and I have become very close and work well together and the job done. The hardest part of my job is the one hours put in. I work 4 days a week about 10-11 hours. The best thing from that is that I am off work 1 whole day per week. Which enables me to get my personal business accomplished.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Abusive envirnmnet
Network Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Company had a lot of wonderful people who did not stay long due to the abusive culture handed down from management. All the people in supporting roles were great at their jobs and could not have been nicer.
enjoyable
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 12, 2016
dynamic place of employment challenged on a daily basis to provide excellent customer service. All employees were very easy to get along with.
fun place to work
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 7, 2015
you are not micromanaged, they are personalble, doctors listen to you and help you out. management could be stronger with social skills and who they put in charge
Pros
its a job, healthcare
Cons
way out ease
overall good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Butler, PANovember 4, 2015
I had a great experience working for this company. It is very well established and the management really cares about their employees. The only problem that I had was the individual Physician that I worked for (whom I believe is no longer employed there). She was a micromanager, and would often undermine me and interrupt my phone calls or conversations with the patients. She also talked about the patients as an inconvenience for being there. I left because I did not share the same values in patient care and there was no other position to place me at that time.
Pros
Great management and almost always had lunch brought in and provided for staff.
Cons
Clashing values with physician.