The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is a non-profit corporation formed in 1993 to expand primary health care services in medically underserved communities. To accomplish this, PCDC provides financing and technical assistance to community-based health care providers. PCDC’s financing programs cover all stages of health center development, and include standard loans, as well as tax-exempt bond and tax credit financings.
PCDC has financed over 100 health care projects to-date, totaling over $400 million in development costs, and is now launching a major expansion of its activities. PCDC is a federally-certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), and it has received considerable recognition for its work, including the 2012 Wells Fargo NEXT Award for Opportunity Finance, as well as prior national awards for its financing programs, policy work and community development investment partnerships.
PCDC is seeking a Loan Officer/Senior Loan Officer for its Capital Investment Programs. The Loan Officer/Senior Loan Officer has a broad range of relationship management and financing responsibilities spanning from the conception of a project to the completion of construction and the closing of the permanent loan. Specifically the Loan Officer/Senior Loan Officer will:
- Manage relationships with PCDC clients and prospective clients;
- Analyze projects in light of PCDC underwriting criteria and industry best practices, and make recommendations regarding the financial viability of projects and potential changes that could maximize chances of success;
- Steer projects through PCDC’s project review, credit approval and financing processes, including written and oral presentations;
- Manage and expedite all aspects of loan closings, including working with participating lenders, investment bankers and bond issuers, as required; and
- Manage client relationships post-closing.
The successful candidate will be a top-flight professional with a minimum five years lending experience and a strong personal drive to improve services for low-income people, as evidenced by the following qualifications:
- Formal credit training, and an understanding of loan underwriting and risk management concepts, systems, and practices;
- Experience in real estate and/or community facility financing, including underwriting and processing of construction and permanent commercial loans and bond financing;
- Ability to analyze financial statements;
- Demonstrated commitment to public service through prior professional or volunteer activities;
- Ability to make clear and persuasive written and oral presentations;
- Ability to produce exceptional quality work as part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals, and to successfully manage relationships with diverse clients and constituents;
- Strong analytical ability, including financial modeling and electronic spreadsheet skills; and
- MBA, MPH, MPA or other appropriate degree.
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry;
- Experience with New Markets Tax Credit financing and compliance;
- Primary care facility design and operation.
Please email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PCDC offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a full benefits package. Primary Care Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Care Development Corporation, 22 Cortlandt Street, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10007