PRIMARY CARE Employee Reviews in United States

Triage/Clinic RN
Triage and Clinic RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
Did not get a chance to use my RN skills here. It was mostly secretarial work. The providers treated us as if we were their secretaries asking us to fax things and such. Big disconnect between providers and RNs which is a shame because we could really have had a chance to work together to serve our patients better.
I have years of experience in customer service and relations.
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 9, 2016
emt duties, life saving training and emergency calls. this is not what i specialize in. I have a strong financial background, and strong customer relation background.
Pros
help the sick
Cons
no health care
unorganized n stressful work place
Externship (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 5, 2016
management never hire a full staff, everything is always unorganized, very stressful, and just too much of a workload every day.
Novartis
Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
I was on a contract with Novartis. It was for cardiovascular products selling to family practice and internal medicine offices. We had too many representatives on the same territory and products. Other than that, it would be a good company to work for. Always has something in the pipeline.
High energy/very busy
Department of Veterans Affairs (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIOctober 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working there. I made a lot of friends, enjoyed the work, and interacting with the patients. It was nice to get to know your patients for some came in on a weekly basis. Very fast paced office setting which was what I liked.
Pros
staff is great
Cons
long waits for patients
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 18, 2015
My typical day at Primary Care was the call center. I would answer roughly 200 calls a day taking care of every patient's needs. I would add new patients into Medent, schedule appointments, cancel appointments, input new insurances, as well as a lot more. I would do my absolute best to make sure the patient was comfortababe and satisfied with what they needed by the end of the conversation. A very productive place to work.
The children really learn a great deal when entering into the school system.
Day Care Teacher (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 3, 2015
Teach school readiness techniques for children that will be attending Pre-K or Kindergarten within the next year. I've learned that children learn in many different ways. I enjoy my coworkers and we learn from each other. Sometimes the children come in with different moods about their homes and personal lives. So at times they are sad or withdrawn for some time. My infant attends and I get to see him daily learning and growing up. I also do transporting of the older school aged kids to and from school.
Pros
Convenient
Cons
Underpaid
Never a dull moment, always something different at every turn.
RN/Telephone Triage (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIApril 28, 2015
Working as Telephone Triage was sort of a "Mystery" job. Every time the phone rang you never knew what you were going to get when you answered the call. The call could be something as basic as a request for a medication refill or test result to somebody having chest pain. This kept you on your feet at all times. I would have to say this was probably the hardest part of my job, to be ready for whatever was thrown my way when the call came through. You have to be able to visualize your patient and assess them over the phone, asked the appropriate questions and then determine how urgently they should have evaluation.

This, however, would also be the most enjoyable part of my job also. I say this because it made my day interesting and never the same. It kept me on my toes and up to date on my assessment skills. I was good at using my resources when needed to better serve my clients when necessary, increasing my knowledge and learning new and interesting things.

My co-workers were great team players. Even though there wasn't a whole lot they could do to help me out in my role, due to my being the only RN in the clinic and the only one who could assess, they were still willing to do whatever they were able if I was appearing too busy at any given moment.

Management, for the most part, treated everyone equally. However since she was the Clinic Manager for not only our clinic but for another one as well she was only in clinic 2 days a week, if that. This made it stressful at times when matters would arise that needed some sort of directional advise. Staff started coming to
  more... me at these time in the absence of our CM, and I was more than happy to help them when appropriate.  less
Overalll Great Start in to health care
NAR (Former Employee) –  SpokaneApril 6, 2015
Great paid training and fun enviorment and I would referr any new Caregiver to start here and work your way up. I went back after my daughter and they worked me in to a great scheduled.
Pros
great PT
Cons
Work Hoildays
N/a
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ridge Manor, FLMarch 10, 2015
This was my first opportunity right out of externship/school
I learned a lot from DOT physicals to injections to managing inventory.

Co-workers were kind, management was not.
Cons
commute, compensation
for all years and positions held
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  West Haven, CTFebruary 10, 2015
-12 hr shift; assess pt/feed if able to eat, rounds with MD's, establish daily patient goals, check orders, med pass, road trips with patients to CT SCAN/MRI/XRAY/INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY/NUCLEAR MEDICINE etc., weaning trials from ventilator if indicated; titration of drips as tolerated, continuous noninvasive and/or invasive monitoring for heart rate, heart rhythm, blood pressure, oxygenation status, respiratory rate (monitoring other respiratory values if on ventilator), evening rounds
-always learned new concepts when rounding
-most co-workers were hard working and cooperative
-hardest part of the job was knowing that despite all heroics, a patient was going to die and not allowing the family to be told a "sugar coated story". Being straightforward and honest about death is hard for some caregivers...maybe they feel as though it is their own failure. I feel that the family deserves to be told the truth outright...then there are no feelings of false hope communicated.
-the most enjoyable part of my job is not only taking care of my patient, but also the family. I have learned that his is equally as important from my many years as a bedside nurse.
Pros
great benefits package, wonderful patient population, affiliated with yale new haven hospital (i.e. medical students, interns, fellows and attendings)
Cons
too many "chiefs"; nursing management does not follow their own policies and procedures;
A great place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 26, 2014
I loved working here. The job is fulfilling, and I felt that I was really able to make a difference with my patients. The owners are great, and work with you regarding job flexibility. I would recommend this job position to a friend.
flexible schedule easy to follow
Broward Health Coral Springs Employee Health NP (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 15, 2014
Enjoy visiting nursing centers and taking care of the elderly
Pros
knowledgeable in skilled and non-skilled nursing
Cons
short-term
a great experience
Medical Assistant (Externship 160hrs) (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CASeptember 11, 2014
the doctor that i worked with we got along i always helped him in translating he helped me in more about medical assisting
Clinical hours
Family Nurse Practitioner Student (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 10, 2014
Clinical hours to complete for school. Learned and implemented to roles of a FNP.
liked being part of the team in a teaching hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  cooperstown new yorkJuly 26, 2014
typical day; obtain report for 4-6 acute patients. provide primary care, includes vs, I&O assessment, monitor any labs and testing. report to RN & MD any adverse effects, caring out any new orders for the day.
what I learned: everyday can be a new and exciting learning adventure.
co-workers: all involved the treatment plan
hard part of job: when patient receives a devastating outcome
enjoyable part of job: when patient is discharged with good outcome.
Pros
provide care via a team approach
Cons
travel time approx an hour each way
productive workplace
Medical Assistant/ Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 7, 2014
Learn something new daily. Nothings impossible everyday you come across a challenge but overcome it.
Quite an experience
Medicating LPN (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 10, 2014
This job experience was an eye-opener. However, the environment was not very conducive to patient care and privacy. Small work spaces--no specific approach to the system. The hardest part of the job for me was performing lab work on patients who posed a threat in an environment that was very safe.
Pros
learned new skills; friendly and compassionate staff
Cons
safety issues
Busy Internal Medicine office
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2014
Managed 3 physician practice with 10 employees. I coordinated daily operations, A/R and A/P, did all charge entry, billing, collections, physician and staff scheduling, employee health benefits, malpractice, workers comp, insurance and office credentialing. Also ran in the back when busy gave injections and did vitals.
Pros
good healthcare and 401k
Cons
a good place to put your best customer service skills to use
Primary Care Contact Cetner (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids MIApril 1, 2014
Excellent experience with customer service, phone work is primary contact working with diverse scheduling challenges in mutliple offices
Pros
excellent benefits and hours
Cons
very draining mentally, hearing people and their health concerns