Primary Functional Expertise

Primary Functional Expertise Employer Reviews

Unorganized Semi busy workplace
Desktop Technician (Current Employee), Philadelphia PennsylvaniaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: lenient boss, friendly environment, fun job
Cons: restrictions with access, guidance of position, dead end job
Day at work starts with coming in at 8:45am and logging in and looking over tickets that need to be attended too. I have learned about VDI management and Windows server 2003 a little more in depth from school. My boss usually works from home or is always out at other offices taking care of Network and system issues. My co-workers are nice except for the impatient ones who come up to your desk and ask questions which are not logical to the workplace. The hardest part of my job is dealing with people who cannot take no for an answer and just keep poking me till I think of an answer to satisfy them . The most enjoyable part of the day is when I know something about another persons position that they have no clue about !
Good
o Team leader and shipping docks (Former Employee), Shafter, CAJanuary 18, 2015
The Target warehouse was a great place to work at because it not only show me how to become a good employee, but also how to become a better leader.
Fun
Landscape Crew-Leader (Former Employee), Hadley, MaNovember 21, 2014
I learned a lot about how to manage a team and work with other peoples strengths and weaknesses to make a productive environment that was a fun place to work in.
Nice learning environment, a lot of change
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee), Fairborn, OHOctober 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, can learn a lot, all requests are taken into consideration
Cons: no healthcare, very little room to move up in company, constant change
Answering phones, making appointments, handling faxes and emails, processing paperwork, and administrative assistance is all in a days work. It is a fun learning environment with a lot to offer. Management is professional and adaptive to employee's needs. Co-workers can be a little stressful but overall nice. The hardest part of the job is remembering the changes. It can also be hard to meet the demands of patients at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing you helped somebody get the care they need.
ok place to work
Lead Service Technician (Current Employee), decatur alAugust 5, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: micro managed
to many people that want to be the boss and none of them take charge of what they are to do. very micro managed
Workplace that prepares you for success in the business world
Chain Territory Manager (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: constantly moving, good people, fun job, recession proof industry
Cons: short breaks, senority and buddy buddy system, lack of communication, false promises
I have learned what it takes to be successful in corporate America. Southern Wine and Spirits is a very well known company and I have gained much knowledge during my tenure here. I have learned how to manage time, waking up at the hour of 3am every day for the last year and eight months. I have never called in sick during my tenure. I have taken on every challenge that has been given to me and have been successful in each endeavor. I am a diligent, focused, energized, ambitious individual, and I am very passionate about advancing my career and challenging myself further.
Enjoyed the various variablees
Service Advisor (Former Employee), Titusville, FLApril 8, 2014
Pros: no routine of how the day would go, routine on how things should be handled but no true routine for how the customers would react, i enjoyed working with the people i did work with.
Cons: amount of time at work.
Each day was different. I worked with people who all loved cars and were compassionate about the functionality and logistics to make them run smoothly and correctly. I would meet people at their worst times and would try to turn the situation around to a positive. The hardest part of the job was giving the bad news of the diagnosis, which was also the good part. I would find a way to settle the customer to make the necessary repairs.
I enjoy working hard.
Vocl/Math/English Instructor--Construction Sup (Current Employee), Bedford, MAFebruary 26, 2014
I have worked at many locations, performing many and varied tasks in construction and education. I prefer a job that is active and challenging.
Job Details
Mixer Driver (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2014
A typical day consist of clocking in and pre-tripping your truck after pre-tripping truck you would wait for your truck number to be called so you can get load with the concrete mixture. Once you are loaded you would head to jobsite where you would unload the concrete mixture after unloading you would wash out drum and head back to your yard and wait to be called again. This job is full of different experiences, you meet different types of people everyday and so far I like it, but I need to relocated because my mother is very sick.
fun work with co workers but managment changed
Cook (Current Employee), Pottsville, PAJanuary 23, 2014
Cons: management
usually went in and opened the restaurant did prep for the day such as soups salad and anything else that needed to be done for day helped with ordering to make sure we had all supplies stayed late if needed to finish work or to cover for people calling in sick
great work experience and good people to work with
MILITARY POLICE/ COOK / SPECIALIST (Former Employee), National City, CAJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: great work enviornment
Cons: too much time away from my family
this job was fun and exciting to work at. but I wanted more in life than just the us military. so I got out to look for something I would enjoy. overall the us military is a great work experience it thought me a lot and how to be a jack of all trades.
Working at Varian Semiconductor Equipment.
Product Safety / EHS Technician (Former Employee), Gloucester, MADecember 3, 2013
Pros: great people and a great company to work for.
Cons: the company was sold and the new owners reduced the workforce, they are a multi billion dollar company with sites globally and people are just a number.
Typical day - There wasn't a typical day at Varian. You could be meeting with a customer involved with an incident and then work in the maintenance department snow blowing the walkways. During slow periods I reported to maintenance department for building maintenance including carpentry, plumbing, painting, floor care, window washing and lawn care.I enjoyed the mix a lot. I learned to do just about anything that needed to be fixed or maintained. My coworkers were some of my BEST teachers.
The hardest part of my job was saying good by to many people I have worked with and worked for when the company was bought out. I enjoyed and looked forward to going to work everyday. I was working seven days a week most of the time. The company that bought Varian cut a lot from the work force who have been there awhile. If you were to just look at my resume you probably think I wouldn't be a good fit but I have the experience and knowledge to excel at Endicott College.

Thank you for giving me a chance to write a review.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 26, 2013
Productive and good place for work. The management was well staffed and co-workers were great to work with.
Working in admissions at a small, all-women's college in New England
Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions (Current Employee), Longmeadow, MANovember 17, 2013
I have learned a lot within my first year of work. Having no prior experience working in higher education, this position has been a challenge but the work is rewarding. I have learned so much about the college's mission, the student body, and the higher education culture. One of the greatest challenges in the current economy is figuring out how to convince high-need students that a four-year education is an investment in their future and is valuable far beyond the initial cost of tuition. I enjoy recruiting students and helping them to find their niche once they make the decision to enroll. The hardest part of the position is the travel but it is only during recruitment season in the fall and spring. My co-workers are amazing people who are all passionate about their jobs and they students they help. We all realize that without the students, our jobs would not exist and that is a good way to keep focused on what is important.
Bad
Sign Waving (Former Employee), Kearns, UTNovember 4, 2013
Cons: working in the bad weather
One of my first jobs and I was not a fan of the company. Not appreciated by other employees at all.
Somewhat young company that is starting Lean Manufacturing.
Surefire Ind. Electrical Technician Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston, Texas.October 2, 2013
Pros: working with people and equipment that i am very familiar with.
Cons: many changes in manager rolls leaves one to wonder of stability.
Being here has given me a chance to work, since day one, from start to finish on the electrical details of Surefire's complete line of products.
I was given a free run to take all my experience to layout the electrical functions of every single unit build. Give training to all electrical assembly group and provide technical support to test line and service departments.
Great place to work, energetic and rewarding
LPN (Former Employee), camden,tnAugust 22, 2013
Pros: holidays and weekends off
I value all I learned at this clinic working under the clinical guidance of a very respected nurse practioner. My diagnostic skills and patient care skills are far more advanced than most LPN's I know.
Day in the life
Supervisor (Current Employee), Warren, OhioAugust 21, 2013
Lead a team of security personnel in multiple client facilities. This would include training, complex problem solving, emergency response, conflict resolution, and a fundamental understanding of problem sensitivity. Work closely with client and client employees on a daily basis. I am a strong believer in the transformational leadership approach.
Developing new programs for an old department
Activites Director (Former Employee), Roanoke, VirginiaJuly 10, 2013
Pros: "door open" management, flexible scheduling, corporate support
Cons: redundant paperwork/software, small office w/no ventilation/windows
Raleigh Court is a customer service driven skilled nursing facility with a team that works really hard at anticipating and surpassing the expectations of people/patients that arrive compromised physically and oft emotionally. As a member of the Leadership Team we created programs and policies and practices that would aid in the recovery of the patients and their families as they went through the process of healing. Our Administrator is thoughtful and patient but exacting and accountable, and he encouraged us to be the same way with our departments. The hardest part of the job to me was also the most enjoyable; to make my department relevant to the therapeutic process without losing the enjoyment of the patients. I look forward to being able to infuse new life into other programs now. That transformation was, to me, the most rewarding.
Typilcal Day at Work
Clerk IV (Current Employee), Tucker, GAJune 5, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: no space for advancement
Great company to work for and learn a lot of customer services skills and internet navigation skills

1 2 3