Primary Functional Expertise Employee Reviews in United States

Very secure and safe work environment
Team Leader/Chain Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 24, 2016
In a typical work day my requirements have prepared me for a safe and detail oriented mind frame.
Unfortunately there is not much room for advancement and an employee tends to hit his earning potential cap early. Coworkers here do look out for each other and are aware of one another's surroundings.
The hardest part of the job would have to be, knowing that your earning potential has been maxed out. Unfortunately work has been slow and there are not enough hours offered to continue a stable life.
Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing my family is well covered with insurance and knowing coworkers are supportive.
delivering furniture
Supervisor Tim (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34741March 14, 2016
Very prestigious company with good quality merchandise. The work is hard but continuous and beneficial. Not everyone is built for this type of work it can be extremely exhausting and effect other areas of life if one doesn't have holistic healthy lifestyle to combat exhaustion.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Very heavy furntiure
24 hour a day job.
Main caregiver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 30, 2015
Caring for my Mother at the end of her life is very stress full and yet very fulfilling at the same time. The day begins about 7am when I give my Mother her morning medications. As soon as I know she is completely awake I have to change her diaper and clean her up. About 8am I feed her as she cannot feed herself. The rest of the day consists of me lifting her out of bed and moving her to the Wheelchair. Back to the bed for changing periodically during the day, as needed. Lunch if she is hungry giving her as many liquids as she will drink. Dinner and evening medication is usually between 5 and 6pm. followed by either listening to music or watching a movie. Bed time is 10pm.
critical care
RN floor nurse Critical Care (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2015
Methodist is a great opportunity for learning new skills.Methodist offers great benefits. My manager is efficient and manages well. There is good team work on the floor.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
night shifts
Exciting! You get to meet new people and make their deam of owning a home come ture. Not only rewarding to them, but to me as well.
Illinois Licensed Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, Elmwood, ILJune 19, 2012
Answering and making phone calls. Make listing, showing appointment
Communicating and excuting a marketing plan for client's to sell their home. Searching for the ideal properties for clients. Scheduling appointment and making itineraries to show the propective homes to my buyer clients. Efficiently communicated with title personnel, mortgage officers, attorneys, and other agents involved in the process of home buying and selling.
Experience in working with home appraisers and inspectors to evaluate all actions needed to be taken for closing.
Preparing all contracts and responsible for making sure all conditions of the contract are being met prior to closing, including all paperwork prior to closings. Great support team in Management and co-workers.
Pros
the flexibility, and the enjoyment on my client's faces when i find them a home and close on the deal.
Cons
the real estate market crashed and now it is hard to provide for my family.
A great place to work with a great group of people
Substance Abuse Counselor/Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Nebo, NCJuly 9, 2015
A great place to work with a great group of people. Great time to began shift and end shift. The supervisor is great to work with and the benefits are great. The shift starts at 5:30am and ends at 2 pm. the job was great.
Pros
early shift
Cons
so many clients
Productive workplace
General Housekeeping of Hotel Rooms (Current Employee) –  Detroit MIAugust 5, 2015
I would like a clean work environment and room for advancement and very flexible by all means. Friendly co-workers where everybody gets along
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
free lunches
Unorganized Semi busy workplace
Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PennsylvaniaJanuary 21, 2015
Day at work starts with coming in at 8:45am and logging in and looking over tickets that need to be attended too. I have learned about VDI management and Windows server 2003 a little more in depth from school. My boss usually works from home or is always out at other offices taking care of Network and system issues. My co-workers are nice except for the impatient ones who come up to your desk and ask questions which are not logical to the workplace. The hardest part of my job is dealing with people who cannot take no for an answer and just keep poking me till I think of an answer to satisfy them . The most enjoyable part of the day is when I know something about another persons position that they have no clue about !
Pros
lenient boss, friendly environment, fun job
Cons
restrictions with access, guidance of position, dead end job
A Competive work place
Tax Consultant/ Supervisor, D&A Financial Service (Current Employee) –  mobile,alabamaApril 12, 2015
my day at work is to prepare federal state taxes.and what i have learn that it a lot of law dealing with taxes.my management showed me best proper way to complete taxes.coworkers was very helpful in all aspect.hardest part of the job is dealing with the client.my most enjoyable of the job is helping people.
Pros
The office atmosphere
Cons
Late Hour
working at jetstream
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2015
typical day of work was cold and hard but in a way fulfilling. I learnd how to drive a tug, a push back, and a belt loader. I learned how to read bag tags and that was the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job was conecting with my co-workers and getting the job done. management was a little unorganized but it never stoped me from my job
Pros
self reliance
Cons
organization skills
Fun workplace meeting a lot of interesting people.
Office Manager for Investment Company (Current Employee) –  Sutton, WVSeptember 17, 2012
Working hours are 9-5 with 6 extra hours on Thursdays and Sundays. I have honed my customer service skills. The management is fair. Co-workers are capable and easy to work with. The hardest part of my job is having enough time during the busy season. The beauty of the lake and meeting new people are the best part of the job.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
compensation is not appropriate for the tasks performed.
Nice learning environment, a lot of change
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHOctober 19, 2014
Answering phones, making appointments, handling faxes and emails, processing paperwork, and administrative assistance is all in a days work. It is a fun learning environment with a lot to offer. Management is professional and adaptive to employee's needs. Co-workers can be a little stressful but overall nice. The hardest part of the job is remembering the changes. It can also be hard to meet the demands of patients at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of knowing you helped somebody get the care they need.
Pros
free lunches, can learn a lot, all requests are taken into consideration
Cons
no healthcare, very little room to move up in company, constant change
Talented Customer Service associate
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE IV - TOOL WORLD (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2012
My day usually started putting up fright and evolved into a day of straightening tool world and assisting customers dotted with and occasional report to complete.My co-worker and I worked as a team to complete any assignments given to the departments and I took on all the responsibilities of my supervisor preparing for a promotion to management.
Workplace that prepares you for success in the business world
Chain Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 24, 2014
I have learned what it takes to be successful in corporate America. Southern Wine and Spirits is a very well known company and I have gained much knowledge during my tenure here. I have learned how to manage time, waking up at the hour of 3am every day for the last year and eight months. I have never called in sick during my tenure. I have taken on every challenge that has been given to me and have been successful in each endeavor. I am a diligent, focused, energized, ambitious individual, and I am very passionate about advancing my career and challenging myself further.
Pros
constantly moving, good people, fun job, recession proof industry
Cons
short breaks, senority and buddy buddy system, lack of communication, false promises
Working in admissions at a small, all-women's college in New England
Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions (Current Employee) –  Longmeadow, MANovember 17, 2013
I have learned a lot within my first year of work. Having no prior experience working in higher education, this position has been a challenge but the work is rewarding. I have learned so much about the college's mission, the student body, and the higher education culture. One of the greatest challenges in the current economy is figuring out how to convince high-need students that a four-year education is an investment in their future and is valuable far beyond the initial cost of tuition. I enjoy recruiting students and helping them to find their niche once they make the decision to enroll. The hardest part of the position is the travel but it is only during recruitment season in the fall and spring. My co-workers are amazing people who are all passionate about their jobs and they students they help. We all realize that without the students, our jobs would not exist and that is a good way to keep focused on what is important.
Concrete Finisher
finishing concrete (Former Employee) –  charlotte ncJuly 28, 2015
Form setting grading gravel to prep for pours, average 600 yds a night with bull floating,screed work, saw cutting as well
Developing new programs for an old department
Activites Director (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VirginiaJuly 10, 2013
Raleigh Court is a customer service driven skilled nursing facility with a team that works really hard at anticipating and surpassing the expectations of people/patients that arrive compromised physically and oft emotionally. As a member of the Leadership Team we created programs and policies and practices that would aid in the recovery of the patients and their families as they went through the process of healing. Our Administrator is thoughtful and patient but exacting and accountable, and he encouraged us to be the same way with our departments. The hardest part of the job to me was also the most enjoyable; to make my department relevant to the therapeutic process without losing the enjoyment of the patients. I look forward to being able to infuse new life into other programs now. That transformation was, to me, the most rewarding.
Pros
"door open" management, flexible scheduling, corporate support
Cons
redundant paperwork/software, small office w/no ventilation/windows
A great company to get experience
Hair Dresser (Current Employee) –  Hair Care CenterJuly 11, 2012
If my day is busy i try with all means to please my clients with their hair request. I have learn that i need to reverify all of my clients request and make sure we are on the same page. We all get along with management and coworkers we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is not having clients because that means no pay. The part i enjoy most is putting a dmile on my clients face and boost their self esteem.
Pros
i am able to have a set schedule
Cons
it really hard to build clientele
Productive and earning new things every day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2015
Constantly moving, learning and growing every day is something different, interacting with the customers to show interest.
Pros
discounts on shoes
Cons
how to handle rude customers
Purchasing Residential Mineral Rights for Oil and Gas
Authorized Land Agent (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 23, 2013
Enjoyed calling on Residents of Waterford, MI and purchasing their oil and gas mineral rights in sudivided areas. Many in MI are very skeptical of Oil Land Agents. I enjoyed educating the residents on the benefits of oil and gas production and the safety of oil and gas
exploration in MI.
Pros
busy from mornings to evenings
Cons
contract expired