Prime Communications Employee Reviews

best job ever
Retail sales representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHApril 24, 2017
this job is a great job to have it is always challenging and very beneficial to your future career , you will always be learning something new to benefit you.
Good pay, terrible job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2017
When you are a favorite of the company they will take care of you. As soon as you struggle or disagree they make your life extremely difficult. Pay is good if they like you, but as soon as anything happens they find all these loop holes to cut pay in half.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Management did't help the sales environment
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 18, 2017
It was difficult working on some days because the management was sub-par and most times was never there. Most days I did more than the duties required of my position.
Does not recommend
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 6, 2017
Management is sexist, inconsistent scheduling, inappropriate remarks towards women, added stress, no support, management expect you to work off the clock if store is busy
Pros
Chances to win cool stuff
Cons
Sexism, poor leadership, inconsistency
A fast paced job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 9, 2017
This is a good job. Its not a place where you can just scrape by. You have to constantly hit sales goals and work extremely hard. Great mangers and co workers.
Pros
Discount on at&t bill
Cons
sometimes 6 days a week
a crazy ride
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALFebruary 28, 2017
Prime gives you every chance in the world to advance but the problem we run into is everyone relies on everyone else to make great commission money including the manager. It only takes one upset person to ruin everyones payout and that is a huge issue. I didn't like how other people could control my money
Pros
great advancement, very flexible
Cons
too much team if that is possible
Aggressive independent AT&T location
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Seagoville, TXFebruary 11, 2017
This position required highly motivated, sales driven employees to produce efficiently and fruitfully. This position held many educational roles, especially the sales techniques placed in part by management to create aggressive high volume sales. In strip mall environments the most difficult was developing sales with aggressive competitors in the same common area, but then again its the most enjoyable also. Without a competitive sales commune, you lose the interest of the customer.
Pros
big box competitor directly behind me
Cons
big box competitor directly behind me
Productive and fun
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 8, 2017
The company is a great company and I've learned a lot of sales skills here. This was a great job right out of college and a good stepping stone for me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks
Was not a bad company
St Simons Island, Ga Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Simons Island, GAFebruary 5, 2017
it was a good company to work for, little stress, and just a numbers focused company. They were straight forward. Good benefits and hours. Pay was not too bad. Management was good and advancement was easily made possible.
Pros
pay, hours, work life balance, benefits
Cons
short staffing, undertrained
energetic enviornment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 23, 2017
fun environment to work in. also teaches you great customer service and customer satisfactory needs. you can learn about the newest technology while at the workplace
Na
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Talladega, ALJanuary 14, 2017
It is not a job to make a career just a way to start a career and build yourself. I would not recommend someone with family to work here because having to sale will make you less family orientated because you will be geared more towards sales than family since that is how you get paid. I've been with the company for two years and I am only still here because of the pay, you cannot beat it!
Sales
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  somewhereJanuary 13, 2017
Sales is always stressful, however I believe that there are a lot of management (store level) that need to loose their jobs because they are lazy and horrible leaders. To add the District Managers I feel don't know how to relay discipline down the chain and are almost always in a horrible mood.
Pros
The money if you do your job correctly
Cons
You never get off weekends, even if you ask, and or during holiday, You are constantly under pressure to make numbers and fill out 10 different accountability tasks
Terrible.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Would not recommend to someone who who has a social life.This job is very taxing on you and does not offer the proper compensation. Do not apply here if you expect to move up or build a future with a company. You are only a name on payroll to them.
Pros
You can use your smartphone while working.
Cons
too many to list.
Not a fan of this third party company
Commissioned Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Just felt misled from the moment I started my first day of work with this company. Was actively encouraged to do things that were morally and ethically wrong if not outright illegal, all for the sake of making a few extra commission dollars.
Consistently busy place to work.
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 27, 2016
Typical day was making sure inventory was correct and back office duties were done promptly. Decently busy, the bulk of what was available to reps were customer service issues with about 20 percent of the time selling.
Pros
Discounted service plans
Cons
Upper level management
learning experience
Level 2 Installer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 21, 2016
I ran cat5e coax and fiber racked and stacked terminated all three fiber coax and cat5e also patch in switches to path panels
fun workplace
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2016
Typically a fun workplace. Pretty relaxed. Not a lot of money. Problems with communication between management and staff. There were a lot of fun events you get to work though.
Work Hard and Get Rewarded
Field Leader (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 16, 2016
Lots of hours and on call with your team. There is a financial reward and goals are steep. Advancement opportunities due lack of performance from your supervisor or other leaders.
Pros
flexability of schedule
Fun, easy and great overall sales atmosphere. Close tight knit company.
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALSeptember 16, 2016
Great company to work for and if you're looking to grow within a company this is the one. They are expanding rapidly and with that comes great opportunity for advancement. Good pay and unlimited commission potential. Loved it!!
My time at Prime
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Simons Island, GAAugust 16, 2016
I enjoyed this job because there was always something to do. Always a task or activity to complete. We were able to build a great customer base. We also had customer appreciation days, those were fun. My favorite part of the job was that I had the opportunity to learn something new every day. I feel as if things could have been a little more organized and more thought out, but overall it was a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9