Prime Communications Employee Reviews in United States

terrible job
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALJune 21, 2016
this job was probably the worst ive ever had! you sat in a chair all day bored there wasnt enough tra
Pros
working with different cell phones all day
Cons
not alot of traffic at this particular store
Sales and Services
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2016
I loved the overall atmosphere of the work place.

-Sales.
-Employees performance assessments
-Proactively look for ways to create revenue for the branch.
Not Good, But Not The Worst
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 9, 2016
It's retail sales, and unless you are in upper management you are expendable. If you work at a slow traffic location, you will not make any money and management will blame it on your sales ability. If you get this job, request a high traffic store, that is the only way you get anything more than base pay. The commission goals are ridiculous as they are not altered to match the customer traffic of each store. Prime will say they treat everybody equal, but it doesn't take long to see who is kissing up to the right people. I don't generally bring race into the equation but all you have to do is look at the diversity of the company and you can tell who is favored over who. I've personally seen one of the higher ups give a customer free accessories multiple times just because they share the same faith or they are a friend of the friend. And I have personally dealt with unruly customers that unrealistically want things for free or want to "get a deal" just because they know somebody in upper management. It's bad for business when that is coming from leadership. I have witnessed a regional director take money out of the cash drawer to cover a customer's fee, and left it up to the employees at the store to deal with it, which left the drawer with a shortage for months as he conveniently was always too far away to make a trip to the store to put the money back. Management trains employees to bend the rules in order to get numbers. This leads to a problem where management strictly looks at volume rather than quality. So even if your metrics are far and away better than the  more... next person, if they have a few more sales than you, they still get paid more, so at the end of the day nothing but numbers matter. Morale is low because the sales staff gets the short end of the stick in every way. Commision structures are always getting changed and made to look like employees will make a huge amount more than they were, but then the goals are set so high that it's either a wash or you actually make less. The only exception is when you're at a high traffic store where you don't have to scavenge for sales.  less
Pros
Sales experience
Cons
Management doesn't care about it's employees pockets, just theirs.
bad company
Central Office Cadet Training (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2016
Don't know if their in business anymore or care. Anyways, wish the best for Prime Comm. just hope they improve their company for employment.
Inadequate Management
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 3, 2016
Was hired by Prime as a store manager and was drastically mislead about the job and salary by the district manager. I was sent to another store over 100 miles away for two weeks to train and was told I would be compensated for expenses which never happened. The district manager told me what I wanted to hear to feel a position. Salary potential was told 60+ but 40 would be a challenge. I am shocked AT&T allows retailers to operate in the manner this one does. Customer service is not a priority as I was told to drive tracked numbers even if it meant losing sales. Basic business acumen and customer service skills are missing here. Please be cautious when looking for employment here.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
This job helped me to hone my sales and management skills.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2016
This job helped me to hone my sales and management skills. I enjoyed merchandizing and helping people learn more about their devices and technology in general.
Pros
I enjoyed the technology
Cons
Everything else
Fun work enviorment.
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 17, 2016
A typical day at At&t is for the most part slow and very lay back. I defiantly learned a lot more about phones and phone services as well as cash management. You don't get a lot of help so I was forced to figure out resolutions on my own terms, my co workers were helpful until needed by another customer, the hardest part about the job was fixing bill problems you didn't mess up however even that wasn't too bad to do, you become an expert at talking to customer service, the most enjoyable part of my job is hitting your quota numbers and feeling accomplished.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
healthcare, no overtime
great pay and incentives, some young leadership
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 11, 2016
prime communications is a great company to work for and you can make a impressive amount in commissions and incentives as well as win trips and free devices and items. Not many cons of the company, biggest complaint is some of the senior leadership they bring in from outside the company. this is a con since most of the time a sales associate knows the company policies and environment much better and the new leadership can be damaging to the established associates.
Pros
money, enviroment, devices, discounts, and relaxed/easy going relationships with leadership.
Cons
leadership can be out of touch, leadership tends to take advantage of the had workers
high demanding
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 11, 2015
personal sales quota is attainable. store quota is not as easily attainable. good environment. lots of spanish speaking customers.
Laid back sales position
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 8, 2015
Come to work ready to sale. Although there is hourly pay, be expected to produce on the sales floor. Prime provides an opportunity for you to create your own check. the more you sell the higher your pay.
Great company
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2015
It's a great company. The traveling experience was great and I learned a lot from the supervisors, that was very beneficial to my networking and cabling skills.
Largest retailer for aAT&T
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 23, 2015
Prime Communications is a good place to work. I usually work 7 to 8 hours per day dealing with customer service. Working for this company I have learned that time management is key as is a fundemental knowledge of techknowledgy.
Pros
can make great money with commissions
Cons
no breaks and healthcare is expensive
Productive & Fun Work Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 6, 2015
The work was long and stressful, highly sales motivated. If your not a self motivator this job is not for you. There was several days of doing nothing but calling leads and drumming up business. This is more difficult than you think.
Fun work environment
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Athens, TNOctober 13, 2015
Great place to start in sales. Upper level management not the greatest. Expected the workers to pay out of pocket for office supplies.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
managment
It was a good work environment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLOctober 4, 2015
Great work place until they were bought out by Prime Communications. Good pay as long as you can meet sales quota. Gained a lot of sales experience.
Fun place
Lead Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 3, 2015
More sales equals more money for reps. For that reason training was key. That said not only was training necessary but it was fun and very interesting. It also gave you all the information that was needed in order to be successful.
Pros
Free cellphones
Cons
Lack of career path
Its a good company to work for
Installer (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, NEJuly 9, 2015
Its a fast paced job that were you would be on the move all the time. the company goes from state to state and installing new monitoring systems in hospitals and running new fiber and power wires for all kinds of things.
Pros
pay was very good
Cons
they expect way more from new employees than they the old ones
Prime comms
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandusky OhioJune 23, 2015
Working for prime was very uncomfortable. the other employees weren't very welcoming. although i like to provide excellent customer service.if it weren't for my surrounding i would have stayed but the environment was not worth the stress.
Fun Although Stressful
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYMay 21, 2015
Expect a lot of phone calls while you're home if you plan on management. Fun place to work when it's fully staffed however if not you'll be working open to close alone a lot of nights.
Competitive Pay with fun environment
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALMarch 3, 2015
Diverse people with competitive nature, always striving for perfection, always room for improvement. A healthy competitive environment to strive for excellence.

2.9