Prime Communications

Prime Communications Employer Reviews

Don't Waste Your Time
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Reidsville /GreensboroFebruary 20, 2015
Cons: everything i mentioned above
I started as Retail Sales Rep in Reidsville NC , I knew from the start that things were not as they seemed , later on I was promoted to a Retail Store Manager , and things got worse , there is hardly any work life balance , the District Manager believes he can intrude into your life at any given moment even while your off the clock , he will also teach his team horrible selling tactics , and constantly badger them you its constant pressure and do not aspire to be a manager because just like a rep a manager has to get out there and sell their butt off too as well as run the store , in my opinion its a horrible company to work for I was the only manager in a store that was sinking ship that was green in all metrics , however when an issue arose that could've been handled very simply they decided to fire me they don't have your best interest at heart , so don't waste your time.
fun work place
Lead Sales/Trainer (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: fun, advancement, learn skills
Cons: benefits, increased quota every 2 months
Must hit quota each month. fail to hit quota any 2/3 months you're terminated. 5 days a week no more than 40 hours. No overtime PERIOD. Hourly pay $10.10 with commission that fluctuates due to At&t changing payout to the dealer. Try getting a high volume store and you will make over $2,000 a month.
Unstatisfied Employee
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Franklin, INFebruary 19, 2015
I have been with the company for three months now and feel as though they completely bluffed me in the interview. A majority of the information that was provided in the interview has not been found to be true now that I work for the company.
Exciting and productive work place
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 18, 2015
I currently am an assistant manager with Prime Communications looking to advance my career. I have learned how to manage those that work for me, do inventory, run a store productively and to keep our numbers top in the Southern Ohio Region.
Good start
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Prime is great to start a sales career. They will teach you about people and relations. I enjoyed my time. Management could use some people skills.
Terrible Company to say the least....
Store Manager (Former Employee), Arab, ALNovember 16, 2014
Pros: met some great people as far as customers
Cons: work 7 days a week till 8 at night including weeken, theywill steel from your commissions, if something goes missing, be prepared to habe it taken out of your check.
I started the company because they bought another company I was working for. When they did the buyout the company made all kinds of false promises. Once they took over and they had us hooked everything started changing, and not for the better. They would say one thing and do completely different. They told us we would get paid one thing, and once we got our paychecks we were all very disapointed to say the least. Commissions was nothing like they said it would be. If you ever leave this company be sure you are ready to lose it all. They run their commissions two months behind. (For example, what you do in January you wont get paid till March) therefore if you ever quit or get fired, they will not pay you your last two commissions, they keep your vacation pay, and drop your insurance the moment your out. I was a store manager for them, and i cant tell you first hand to steer clear from employment with this company. They talk to you like dirt and the moment something goes wrong they will throw you under the bus so quickly to save themselves.
Absolutely the worst management that you will work under.
Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee), East AlabamaNovember 16, 2014
Cons: work force bullying, poor management
I worked in this postion since 2009 and in January of 2014 we were bought out by PRIME communications. Management in the East Alabama market are very under educated on their job duties and responsibilities. Work force bullying is a very daily experience that you will undergo. When you try to speak with the chain of command you will be dismissed like you have no reason to complain. Very poorly managed company. Do not waste your time here. Because I can guarantee that if you are being harassed and bullied and you try to speak up for yourself they WILL lie and fabricate a reason to fire you. They also have unethical practices against your worker rights. They will tell you to get on conference calls without pay, send you home for being late when you were not late, make sure you print your schedule daily (because they will go in and change it quickly on you just to mess you up), use and abuse you while they are running around enjoying long lunches, getting their nails and hair done, while you are doing ALL of the job duties that they should be managing!
Good job.
Prime communications- Sales Representative (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 15, 2014
Sales were good and consistent. I learned a lot about cellular sales here. Management was a little unbalanced with a high turnover. My co-workers were great people to work with. They made the work day a comfortable and enjoyable day. Hardest part about this job was sales options being it wasn't a corporate location. I enjoyed my coworkers the most about this job.
Customer Service Oriented Sales Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Prime Communications was great place to work; however, I would enjoy more stable pay not necessarily based on commission.
Great job, horrible company.
Consultant/ Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: steady hours, good pay, friendly coworkers
Cons: senior management is worst i've ever seen, high turnover rate, nonpayment of commissions, unrealistic sales goals.
The job is great; it's fairly easy for a tech saavy person, and you are guaranteed a commission since the job requires you to meet a quota. However, upper management is unhelpful at best, and downright inconsiderate at worst. All stores in a given locale have the same quota, even though one might be in a mall, and another on a road leading out of town with minimal foot traffic.

The turnover rate is EXTREMELY high, because very few people can stand to stay and work here, and those who can are usually replaced anyway.
Depending on the day,
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Midland, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: inside work
Cons: rude customers that throw things at you.
A typical day at work was slow on sales because I was in a kiosk during the non peak hours of the mall. Must of my co workers we great to work with. very friendly and professional. But because my kids kept getting hospitalized I had to leave.
Sales work
Solution Specialist / Key Holder / RMA Specialist (Former Employee), Plainfield, INApril 29, 2014
Pros: a lot of learning opportunities
Cons: no room for growth
I do not have a lot to express about Prime. I was a sales job at which I was very good for many years and simply got burned out. The company was purchased by other companies and it was a bit exhausting. I enjoyed my co-workers and the work was selling At&t products and services. I had a great cliental and really enjoy working with people.
Current Employee
Technician (Current Employee), Elkhorn, NEFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: not enough hours
Enjoy the people I work with.
Have learned alot of new job skills.
A good learning experience if you are a beginner.
Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Seagoville, TXDecember 29, 2013
It's a good learning experience if you have never sold before, but once you have gotten the swing of things you should definitely look to go elsewhere. Mostly favoritism with this company and very poor management. I honestly would not recommend anyone to work for this company. Commission structure was decent and hourly is a joke, would honestly need to be at one of the few busy locations to make good (not great) check. Only convenience for me was that it was 15 minutes from my house.
has potential
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newark, NYOctober 29, 2013
Pros: many areas to earn higher compensation
Cons: positons are not secure and longterm employees are freinds or related
Daily emails detail what your peers are selling as well as what you are expected to sell. Sometimes emails are sent hourly if sales are particularly low.
Competition is encouraged between peers. We are often encouraged to push out of stock items regardless of the quality of the product.
You are obligated to answer customers issues with out excepting returns or making changes to accounts.
I was often asked to violate AT&T practices inorder to keep employment and sell more products. Then I was told to lie to the company reps.
This position is 100% based on your ability to make money from every customer who walks in the door. Including cold calling family.
I did not have consistent hours and had to put up with juvenile antics through out the day.
This position took time away from family and I was obligated to fill rotating shift hours regardless of what I was originally hired for.
Solid wireless retailer
Employee (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 10, 2013
I enjoy the day to day differences, no two days are the same at Prime. It feels very hectic at times as you must be able to adjust your areas of focus monthly in order to maximize your pay. If you can do that then you can make money at Prime. If not then this is not the job for you.
Failing Business
Solution Specialist (Former Employee), Saint Marys, PAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: great co-worker
Cons: no clients to generate business from
Business was failing and poorly managed. Didn't hold strong market segment in area of business due to provider (AT&T) not even having service in most of town. Area dominated by competitor and had no competitive advantage to gain shares of market. When a client did come in during the day, it was either to buy a phone or to pay their bill. To meet sales goals you really had to make sure every guest that came in to the store to buy a device left with all the extras since sometimes you went all day without one person walking into the store. Business plans was where most of the money was generated. The store manager was somewhat hard to work along side of. He never grew up, partied a lot and was not responsible. After I left mainly due to boredom and lack of faith of the store making it a year in that location, the store shut down and has since to try to reopen in that market.
Selling products and services for ATT
Individual sales (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2013
I worked with a team of sale associates to provide customer service for ATT customers who had cell phone or internet problems. I also sold them Phones and accessories for their special needs, and sold internet service for their home. I learned that people take pride in their cell phone and use them for many different purposes. My manager was very helpful in assisting me when I needed ideas. I worked well with my team to help each other meet out monthly quotas. I enjoyed teaching people about our new products and services. It was difficult to get people to buy them but I loved the challenge of convincing people why they needed to buy our products and service.
Good opportunity for those that love sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, txSeptember 14, 2013
Competitive compensation, Good word life balance, Opportunity to progress, Great co-workers
Good company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), McAllen, TXJune 3, 2013
Enjoyed teaching and developing new sales associates, since the company was a third party dealer the benefits were not as great.

About Prime Communications

Prime Communications is a leader in developing and operating high-performing retail stores for AT&T wireless. We operate AT&T – Read more

Prime Communications Photos