Prime HealthCare Staffing Employee Reviews

Not a positive enviornment
Accounts Payable/Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CT 06109September 23, 2016
Not a positive work environment. Upper management does not follow their own guidelines. There is no consistency for tasks at hand. Communication is on a need to know basis- if your lucky. Employees work morale is very low due to the lack of communication between departments.
Pros
Not to many
Cons
To many to list
Like family but a cog in a compromised wheel
Former Director (Former Employee) –  Multiple in Southern CaliforniaJuly 8, 2016
I was a shared employee between several Prime hospitals. The staff are very nice and mostly competent, but Corporate is greedy and will not listen to the logic and knowledge of their Hospitals' CEOs and Directors. Hence, their ongoing crises with Medicare compliance.
Hiring people from overseas who have failed their MD exams is not smart - they do not have clinical knowledge and so their coding and decisions are inaccurate and often violate regulations.
Staffing is usually tight. Promotional opportunities are good.
Generous benefits and holiday parties.
Pros
Feel like family among staff
Cons
Greedy Corporate office
For Profit Health System with a focus on providing high tech healthcare
Senior Vice President /Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJJune 20, 2016
Very fast paced environment to work in with high standards and expectation. The company is rapidly expanding. they have rescued a number of distressed hospitals across the country that would have closed if not for their efforts.
It is a very good place to start.
Coder Auditor 11/ CDI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 27, 2016
Even though it is a very good place to start, if someone wants grow, he or she has to move on. Flexible working hours are there, but less opportunities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary is low when compared
They have a ton of employee rules but fail to enforce them,
Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 9, 2016
The insurance is good and the pay is adequate. They completely ignore workplace bullying, They are so continually understaffed that they let serious conflicts escalate beyond repair.
Not a good place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 11, 2016
I worked there for 3 years and many employees have complained about the lack of structure with the HR department and nothing ever done. They give you minimal training, management is not hands on and very unfriendly. They have hired and fired a lot of people and continue to do so. They are supposed to be an equal opportunity company but their are people being hired or promoted with out the job being posted for all to apply. They seem to hire and promote a lot of their family or people from their country.
Pros
Friendly and helpful employees
Cons
No structure, no room for growth, bad management, no training, and no help from HR
A day on IT
CSA/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 5, 2016
Stat the day reviewing emails and tasks, going through the day accomplishing objectives attending meetings, training for new projects...Overall is a relaxed environment.
good place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIJune 7, 2016
nice place to work, good, professional employees. friendly atmosphere.
low end on wages and somewhat poor benefit package
Pros
friendly, professional enviroment. good mgmt
Cons
low pay, poor benefits
Good place for freshers to start off with
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 14, 2016
As part of my job responsibility I interacted with all higher management. It helped me in enhancing my people management skills.
summary is fair to poor
Emergency room- Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandMarch 22, 2016
Not the best in management and handling of employees concerns.
Not well experienced in managing issues of cultural diversity, however it can be better.
Motivation of employee is not at a good standard
Pros
401k benefit
Cons
management
Fast paced environment
Admin to the Director of Corporate Programming (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 1, 2016
A normal day was never a regular day there was always a change to the work schedule and overtime was almost daily. I always had work to be done. fortunately i was able to depend on my team when i needed help.
Pros
Outstanding benefits
Worse place i had ever work for.
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLJanuary 3, 2016
.constantly they made mistakes oe are late to pay employees
.never available when you need them.
Not existance head office
.recruiters are the only ones that talk to the employee.
.no workers compensation
.very rude people that i think don't follow employment laws in united states.
Pros
They get you in the work force fast
Under New Management
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MINovember 13, 2015
Prime Healthcare is new to Garden City Hospital and still working out some of the issues addressed to them. They have a good plan and outlook for the hospital and are striving to become better equipped and upgrade the hospital's flow.
Pros
They have a positive outlook and their plan looks very promising.
Cons
The old staff are not as on board/confident with them as should be and huddle in cliquics..
Everyday was a good day
Wound Care Scheduler / Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed the challenges and opportunities working with prime healtcare hospitals I was able to go to sister hospitals to fill in where they were short and needed an extra hand.
ok
Clinical System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 22, 2016
Ok place to work. Great people to work with. Need to be detailed oriented to work here. Company likes to micromanage from a distance.
great place to work and have a family
receptionest (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 27, 2015
I did a lot of front desk duties. I grew to love the patients and the doctor. This job requires a lot of one on one and personal skills. At the end of the day i focused on billing and filing.
Job in Healthcare enjoyable, always new information to learn
CORPORATE COLLECTOR (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Typical day at work - working account determined not collectible at the facility doing necessary appeals and follow up for payment.

The office is collecting in an environment for various states and laws to learn.

Working on difficult accounts appealing non notifications, timely filing of claims and appeals.

Enjoy working with many different types of people.

Hardest part of job - system issues and access issues at times making job difficult at times.

Best part of job - when the claim you worked on processes for payment!
Pros
Closer to home than previous job
Great small company to work for that offers work/life balance.
Recruiting Specialist/Account manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Great small company to work for that offers work/life balance. Animal lovers with strong family values. Supports advancement and the desire to learn. Management is very encouraging. Consistently giving constructive critisism. Fun environment to work in.
Family orientated facility.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJune 7, 2014
While at this job I interact with many patient's through out my day. I am the first welcoming face they see at the front window. Although my day is often very busy I still find time to enjoy myself while catching up with patient's or enjoying my coworkers company. I have learned a lot of medical terminology and have gained a lot knowledge on medications because of my position at this company. The hardest part of my job is having to see people suffering that have a disease or illness that I cannot cure. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see the new born babies grow up as they come to my office just five days old and stay there long term.
Pros
Health insurance, ability to learn new things every day.
Cons
Lack of management.
Busy workplace, employees and company are awesome
Utilization management Referral coordinator (Current Employee) –  ONTARIO,CAMay 23, 2014
Working with primehealthcare i had a oppurtunity to meet excellent co workers who strive for nothing but the best to help our members.
Working with them on a daily basis has made me look forward to coming to work.The work load gets very hectic at times but with the help of team work, we can conquire all tasks.I love my job but i feel like i need to move on to a new start

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime HealthCare Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.