Prime HealthCare Staffing

Prime HealthCare Staffing Employer Reviews

Family orientated facility.
Secretary (Current Employee), South Windsor, CTJune 7, 2014
Pros: health insurance, ability to learn new things every day.
Cons: lack of management.
While at this job I interact with many patient's through out my day. I am the first welcoming face they see at the front window. Although my day is often very busy I still find time to enjoy myself while catching up with patient's or enjoying my coworkers company. I have learned a lot of medical terminology and have gained a lot knowledge on medications – more... because of my position at this company. The hardest part of my job is having to see people suffering that have a disease or illness that I cannot cure. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see the new born babies grow up as they come to my office just five days old and stay there long term. – less
Busy workplace, employees and company are awesome
Utilization management Referral coordinator (Current Employee), ONTARIO,CAMay 23, 2014
Working with primehealthcare i had a oppurtunity to meet excellent co workers who strive for nothing but the best to help our members.
Working with them on a daily basis has made me look forward to coming to work.The work load gets very hectic at times but with the help of team work, we can conquire all tasks.I love my job but i feel like i need to – more... move on to a new start – less
Productive, fast paced well organized place to work very balanced.
Internship (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, work experience
Cons: short breaks
a typical day at work was fast and easy I learned alot of different very accurate ways to do alot of things. The management was spectacular very grounded and well organized. My coworkers was easy and fun to work with. The hatrdest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was the many different patients i had a day.
Treat you about as fairly as anyone in the Healthcare IT field. Of course the tough times give all employers permission to demand more for less.
Network Engineer (Current Employee), Reno, NVDecember 2, 2013
Pros: benefits are very good compared to most employers.
Cons: short breaks and brutal hours (pretty standard for the industry).
The big advantage of working for this employer over the last (I had to reapply for my job in the same facility I'd worked in for 13 years), is that I'm getting paid by the hour (same rate). That has translated into about 20 K / year (with fewer hours worked).
Good for a new grad
Employee (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 15, 2013
Pros: great way to get started if you're fresh out of college
Cons: please see review
This place has very high turnover. Management sets quarterly goals and doesn't provide the tools to assist workers in reaching those goals. There's too much personality, and not enough leadership at the company.

Typical day at work: Start the day off with a meeting on where everyone is at with candidates. Go back to desk and market/recruit candidates – more... from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Towards the end of the day be told that we're not working hard enough, or that we need to do more, or leadership tell us what we're doing wrong instead of positive encouragement.

What I learned: this place is good for a new grad to get their feet wet. NOTHING ELSE. Also learned that a small company like this doesn't care about their workers just the dollar signs. FYI...without quality, the quantity won't come.

Management: Need new leader who are willing to help. Sales manager and lead recruiter spend most of their day on social media and non-work related websites only to get irritated and annoyed when people ask for help.

Co-workers are pretty decent.

Hardest part of the job is figuring out what the heck management wants and how to get it if no one is helping out.

Nothing enjoyable about the job, really. It was an 8-6 job.

Do not apply here if you are already established as a professional. Two individuals (not the owners) have pretty much been running the company and running people out of the office. Management does nothing about it because these 2 individuals "bring in the money", even though they are rude to clients and candidates. P.S. This company also has a problem paying out bonuses. Instead of paying out bonuses monthly (like the contract states), employees have to wait MONTHS for their payouts. – less
Fun but very high paced
Inland Empire System Administrator (Current Employee), San Dimas, CAOctober 21, 2013
A typical day at work is very unpredictable, this can include calls from other techs to Doctors having issues with a medical device. My work never has a dull moment. Working at Prime Healthcare Service has allowed me to grow tremendously in my IT career. With that said, this is due to my co-workers and management staff to allow me to grow and broaden – more... my horizon in the IT Healthcare Field. Unfortunately, due to the high paced work place time management can be a daily struggle. But the most enjoyable part of my job, is being able to assist the patient staff in correcting whatever needs to be done to assist the patient. – less
Fun WorkPlace
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 9, 2013
Sit and answear Inbound and Outbound call from end user about IT problems. Work well with my co-workers
EXP
Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 1, 2012
An Oracle certified DBA with well over 8 years of experience in application and production databases. Tasked with handling multi-disciplined aspects of oracle binaries and utilities along with upgrading, patching, configuration, tuning and maintenance, is capable of offering support and consultation on various concerns pertaining to databases.
Poor Management and Ethics
IT Staff (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 1, 2012
Management is terrible. Employees are rewarded for horrible behavior that would get them fired anywhere else.

The overall values and ethics of the company leave a lot to be desired.
Great Company
Application Analyst (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAApril 9, 2012
It provide an opportunity to learn Meditech system and other related healthcare applications that can help to enhance your skills and experience to provide efficient solution to end-user.

June 6, 2012

I would advise any wise job seeker to stay very far away from this employer and particularly, this Business Office, for a variety of reasons of poor employment treatment and office mismanagement which are well documented. Job Seeker Beware!!!!

Corporate Proj Manager
Corporate IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 24, 2012
Implemented several large scale projects.
Full life cycle implementation of Meditech.
Company wide Meaningful Use Assessment and implementation
Corporate Standardization projects.

About Prime HealthCare Staffing

Is there a nurse or radiology tech in the house? Medical Staffing Network steps in when health care providers need workers. The – Read more