Prime Inc.

Prime Inc. Employer Reviews

Best comany i ever work for.
Company Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 1, 2014
Pros: good work relations
Driving from state to state was the best.Management was nice and we had very good co-workers.hardest part of the job was getting lost.
Prime is bullsh!t
student driver (Former Employee), springfield, missouriFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: terminals are nice
Cons: training sucks
Prime is bullsh!t. Puts you on the road with a trainer even if you have no truck driving experience. Trainer is more concerned about their pay than your training. Very little time to practice on driving skills. They send you home at your own expense if your not their definition of a perfect driver by 3 weeks.
Wanna GO Broke and Never Own A Truck
Student ....then Driver (Former Employee), Springfiled MOJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: terminals pretty numerous perks for terminal employees
Cons: drivers pay for elite terminals for prime cpac program a joke
When to Prime as a Student....Lady in the Training department was horrible...We are Students not in Highschool and disrespect doesn't earn one respect intructor or not! Second information was given out to everyone doing a written test when you can ask the DOT officer questions during the testing to make sure you pass is no better the Swift getting caught. – more... Half the time there is No DOT officer on the Testing Prime Pads and its just Prime teachers giving students the CDL Driving test...while the students instructors sit in a little out building on the pad. Everyone who has any weight issue no matter THYROID or not will end up with a CPAC machine owing $2000 cause Prime has them in house. Dispatcher would argue with Trainer...on phone while I sat and listened and sometimes wait for loads for over 10 hours. Go on the yard in MO and the favorites of Prime got loads ASAP saw it about 20 times and my trainer would get up there and no load talk to your dispatcher in the morning...Dispatcher was always on him about my training and heard Dispatcher say maybe he isn't trainable. No Faith in Trainer or me at the time so I got my CDL finished my time NEVER bought a TRUCK from them came back to my state went to a different company and yeaaaaa PRIME NEVER LOST A POUND WAS CLEARED OF SLEEP APENA....YOU STOLE $2000 of my money and added stress to my life. – less
Ever changing scenery Good team sprit and helping personel
Lease Operator, Refrigerated Careers (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 18, 2013
Pros: lots of miles
Cons: out to long
As Trucking companies go this is one for the best to work for both as a team or solo driver the lease option and division is awesome. Caring freight and drive managers help keep the wheels turning.
I LOVED THAT OUTFIT
Flatbed Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 19, 2013
Pros: they awarded gifs quartely, etc, etc..
THESE PEOPLE HAD THEIR OUTFIT WELL-ORGANIZED.ANYTIME I NEEDED SOMETHING,THEY WERE THERE FOR ME.THEY GAVE ME LOVELY MILES,AND A PERSON COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE.
made good money.
Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 16, 2013
Pros: good facilities
Cons: no benefits
lease purchase was good drove 48 states and made decent money.just before my lease was honored they didnot give much loads and i went broke i was forced to quit and lost my money they held till the lease was suppot be honored but in these business they are no guarantees.but i did my best to fullfield the lease.
Sub-Average Company.
Otr driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 22, 2013
Pros: nonr
Cons: everything
Prime inc. Is a joke. There training program is very disorganized and the instructors and trainers only care about money. The company itself only cares about money and will take it from you anyway they can. There medical department is bad, they will make you take a sleep study and will make you pay for a cpap machine that costs 2000 dollars. They say – more... they pay you 600 a week but after all the taxes and deductions you would be lucky if you take home 350. I am glad I left. The trainers only need 6 months of experience. How can someone with only 6 months of experience train someone else, its just a setup for failure. – less
CDL A Driver | Over the road (Former Employee), MOOctober 9, 2013
If I could give it no stars I would.
Management/dispatchers are bad.
Work is as ridiculous as the pay.
Trainers have no business being trainers.
Don't waste you time (or money) here.
Job let down
Truck Driver (Former Employee), MOSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: poor fleet managers
Fun and enjoying job. Just upset that I went thru psd course and 15900 miles out of 30000 miles and never received a no call back after asking to take a week off. And in that week my trainer quit. I called three weeks before I started looking for another job. My fleet manager I feel let me down! Gave up a eight and ahalft ceerer to start this job what – more... a let down – less
A typical day would be long distances driving for 10 hrs a day.
Driver (Current Employee), Pittston, PAJuly 9, 2013
A typical day would be long distances driving for 10 hrs a day.
they could careless about the drivers
otr driver (Former Employee), MOMay 20, 2013
Cons: everything!
Horrible company. Only came to prime to get my CDL. Once you're year is up, FIND A NEW COMPANY!

Hometime is rare...sure you get a day for each week out, up to 4 days. But you don't make enough money to take the time. Or when you do they'll try to force dispatch you in the middle of home time!

Was flat out told by dispatch, "the load is priority #1, – more... I could careless if you get the miles for a load." Great company? Hardly. People who praise this company are blind.

Bad equipment. There "new" trucks always breaking down. Had my truck in the shop for days to a week over 7 times...in a 9 month period. No layover pay on weekends, and if you're close to home they won't let you go home for nothing. I had recommended this company at first to some buddies, now I'm stuck apologizing for that mistake. – less
worse company i have ever worked for
lease driver (Former Employee), little rockMay 16, 2013
Pros: nice gym
Cons: hometime and they try to control everybody
i was never home always on the road , my pay check was in the hole just about everyweek was paying too much for the truck i was leasing and didnt have any control picking my loads or advising where i like running

Skiman – May 18, 2013

OTR does involve being away from home. Leasing is having your own business and as good as you are. You called the shots for when you wanted to be home. 3 days off for 3 weeks out and 4 days off for 4 weeks out. Sure some weeks are slow with revenue. Then other weeks would be great. I figured your gross pay would vary week to week depending how well you managed your fuel, etc. NO, you will not make $50,000 a year. Most likely between $38,000 - $42,000. To say the worse company is a poor statement. Obvious you have not worked for the worse companies out there, yet. Bottom line, you have to keep the wheels rolling in order to make the bucks. Specially when you lease. That weekly payment comes whether you are rolling or not.

Boltman – June 24, 2013

This is by far the worse company I have ever worked for!!! However, The pay is pretty good, just dont get on your dispatchers bad side,by complaining!!! They put a note by your name on how well you do...So watch your attitude!!! I have made more money here than I ever have anywhere!!! But, its true, your home time is based on how well sales wants to run you, not your dispatcher,... Dont get mad totally at your dispatcher,because the sales dept gives him the loads they have available...If your lease watch out of the northeast area,YOU, pay the tolls, its your truck, sort of !!! bridge tolls can be as high or near $100, but sometimes your can take alternate route around them... Fuel Mileage, DONT DRIVE 65 EVERYWHERE YOU GO!!!! 57 TO 59 WILL SAVE YOU BURNING FUEL FASTER!!! Preplan your route accordingly, for miles,tolls,or mountainous terrain . It might save you money going around the mountains, than up & down them & time. Prime guarantees you $ 1.02 a mile. once in awhile you may get a shorter mile per load.. Look I've been here about a 1 1/2 years. Hometime does suck alot... Get a good phone & use Tango app. it has video conference on it... No company is perfect to work for & there are some problems you run into that are beyond Primes or your control. Try not to take advancements & save your money as much as possible!!! If you want to make more money train as a CDL Instructor & run teams. You will be able to afford to get home more... I currently work here & get stressed out a little every now & then!!! Save your money to take time off!!! But, I am free on the road & in control of my business!!! Im on vacation now & on my 3rd week Im going to Ace II class & going to take CDL instructor course to train PSD (Prime Student Drivers)...Hope this helps!!!

productie and love traveling
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMay 14, 2013
Pros: traveling
Cons: not enough pay
love OTR driving and bosses are very nice people and dispatcher is great and co-workers are good people.
a learning experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 14, 2013
Pros: great bosses
Cons: not enough money
Productive and loved the OTR driving, and good bosses, and co-workers good to work with and helpful and made a good team.
good company to work for
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: more miles
good training school--kept you busy. home every 3 weeks. learned more about load securement
Great Company to work for, but don't expect to be home often
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 9, 2013
Pros: money, benefits, driver-friendly
Cons: bad home time
Expect to be out 4-5 weeks. It's a great company to work for with great work values and excellent compensation and benefits. Just don't expect to have a life afterwards.

Lbrp – April 22, 2013

That's trucking it's a no life job

Excellent company to gain capital income
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOApril 6, 2013
Pros: always busy and working
Cons: lack of home time with family.
Driving to assigned location to pick up product, get proper paperwork that was signed, dated, and stamped. Spoke with management to verify product, weight, pieces and destination. Made sure weight was in compliance with state and federal laws. Being on time and giving the company their product in excellent condition.
Opportunity to travel
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 12, 2013
Pros: good pay and travel
Cons: being away from friends and family
Learned time management. Hardest part of job was being away from home with no choice in loads delivered. Most enjoyable part of job was the pay and not working with people who don't get along.
My Job
Driver (Current Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 12, 2013
Pros: open road
Cons: backing up
Driving on highways and byways to shippers and receivers, handle bills of lading, fueling. time management is important solo or team drivers have a lot to do in a limited time frame per day. I've learned how to operate a tractor trailer hardest part is backing up the truck. The most enjoyable job is the open road and visiting the other states.
i think they should help to get the drivers that have family home more
trainer (Current Employee), lenior city tnMarch 11, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: no home time
prime is a good company to work for if you are single i think that they should bring the guys home every weekend or every other weekend to spend time with their kids and family. my boyfriend and i have 5 kids together and he gets to see them once a month or every 6 to 8 weeks and it is not fair. the money is good but the home time really suxs. being – more... home for four days out of a month isnt enough. it cause lots of break ups and divorces just thought i would post my review. thank you – less

About Prime Inc.

Check out these Prime numbers -- more than 3,850 tractors and more than 7,000 trailers. Specialized carrier New Prime (which does – Read more