Prime Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Rough lifestyle but totally worth it
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 9, 2016
As an OTR trucker driver, it was my responsibility to deliver goods across country in a timely manner. There is no such thing as a personal and professional balance. Trucking is your life, and you have to fashion your life to suit that fact. Fresh out of university, the compensation was excellent. Prime's staff was very accommodating and understanding. I learned a lot about the value of time management, the significance of the trucking industry, and truly how beautiful and intricate this country's landscape is. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the open road.
Pros
Meeting awesome people, pay, scenery
Cons
Long hours, limited access to healthful food options
Best company I have worked for...
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 2, 2015
Prime has provided me with a lot of opportunity I would not be able to find anywhere else. They treat drivers with a great deal of respect, and strive to make this a positive work environment. This is not an industry for everyone, but Prime is terrific for someone that wants to work hard, gain great compensation, be challenged every day, and grow on a personal and professional level. It's a fun place to work, and I love working with drivers everyday. I am constantly learning something new and interesting - even after 7 years.
Pros
family environment, many ammenities, challenging, growth opportunities
Great cooking experience and benifets.
cook/ register (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 18, 2015
The company it's self is a great company to work for, but I would not recommend working in the kitchen. The management plays favoritism to much. I loved getting to meet a lot of new people and learn lots of ways to cook things! The best thing about the company is the benefits and the childcare if you can get an opening!
Pros
Health benifits
Cons
Bad management
Could be a fun place
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 21, 2015
Communicated well with you. Tried to make sure you got home when said. Got benefits when said. Have fun holiday parties and nice place to stay at main place. The owner tries to meet all that comes into job and has lunch or dinner with them.
Pros
paid training and lunches while there
Cons
not enough local runs
Awesome work place
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 20, 2015
Great place to start getting your CDL great benefits awesome growth and they understand your situation and willing to grant you a positive work history
Pros
growth is none stop, never ending up jump in how much you can make a year
Cons
not enough home time
Not a bad company until life happens
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAMay 21, 2016
Everything was going well enough for a trucking job, Until I had a death in the family. My 18 year old daughter died suddenly ( turns out it was her heart) and her mothers company sent condolences, flowers, cards, etc. her step-fathers company sent representatives, flowers and cards. My wife's college sent flowers and even sent a representative, it was all very touching in our time of grief. Prime did nothing not even a card they were nice enough to remind me of the cost of letting the truck sit and put me under a load 4 days after my daughter was laid to rest. beyond insensitive cold and careless is how i describe Prime. I will be leaving the company A.S.A.P.
Pros
good terminals, decent pay
Cons
horrible mechanics, insensitive company, all the nice nice is just a front
Over the Road Driving a Blast
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 26, 2015
The company is great to work. The dispatcher aren't nothing. The environment is made for its' Employee. This company really care about its' Driver. Enjoy viewing the U.S.
Pros
Away from family too much for me
Cons
Great benefits and pay!
They treat you like a number and don't pay you for months...
Lease Driver (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJune 20, 2016
This company is a prime example of what's wrong with the trucking industry... If you watch all their promotional garbage they seem like the best company in the world until they get your signatures and help you buy a truck.. and then for months they won't pay you and blame startup costs and fuel charges... do not lease! They will wreck your credit and drive you into the ground.... if you have any monthly bills at all be prepared not to be able to pay for them... if you have family be prepared to be borrowing money off of them so you can eat... this company is sick
Pros
Nice main terminal...
Cons
Months without pay.. they will drive you to the brink of bankruptcy with a smile
Night Instructors are Top Worst of all CDL schools in this planet
PSD student stranded here (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 14, 2016
Night instructors are top worst of all cdl schools. For new coming students...I spent many weeks without getting training now a month......
If you are coming for psd trainig I highly advise you not to join night shift. They do not know wjat to do....they have no schedules....thier schedule is depending on thier interest.....!!!! If you decide to be a psd student do not accept night shift......Just choose to go with instructor to go to the road.....Worst night shift instructors......Boring and they are total failure for the company....But prime is really good company...
If you want no life
Corporate Cell Phone Rep/Runner (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 30, 2015
If you like working 70+ hours a week this place is great. They do this stupid concept where everything is "performance" based. You get paid minimum wage and the rest is made up with "bonus" and they do this so that if anyone complains or there is a mistake they can take "bonus" away from you because taking actual wages away from you is illegal. Combine this with working 12 hour days and sometimes weekends it consumes your life. Yes you can make a lot of money, but at the same time if you start dividing your wages out by the actual hours you work it isn't that great.

Also, if you go to buy a house and they try and verify wages, it becomes a pain because they try and go off your hourly and you wages there are not guaranteed at all because it is all "bonus."
Pros
Cons
Overtime, life draining

Want to know more about Prime Inc?

Ask a question
Great terminal facilities
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 7, 2016
Daily hygiene maintenance required. A vehicle inspection followed. Afterwards, I'd be on the road all day, fueling, or unloading. I learned how to operate and unload a tank trailer. Great management. Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job was being away from home. Most enjoyable part was unloading.
Benefits
Cons
No pay for unloading
i have nothing good to say
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 14, 2015
there is nothing good to say except that getting paid to see the countryside was pretty fun. I rather not say anything bad because it is not good to talk bad about an employer or a person. Lets just say my experience was not so good. It was good at first but when you are not making enough to pay for bills and company isnt paying your guaranteed pay, it gets really hard to stay positive
Pros
see the countryside, and visit almost all 48 states
Cons
away from home, and away from loved ones
Love Prime
driver class a (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 27, 2015
I love working at Prime. It's like any other job it has its good days and it has its bad days. Money is good, freight is there and they do a good job of getting me home when I want. It's like any other job just work hard, do your job and you will be fine.
Former OTR Driver with Prime Inc.
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 2, 2015
It' s a good company to start up as a CDL-A graduate, you get paid 600 dollars a week for your 400000 mandatory miles of training, that can take months 3 or 4.
Management wise, I think it could be better..
Cons
benefits suck
good place to work.
Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  2740 N. mayfair Springfield Missouri 65803May 28, 2016
I worked as truck driver for six months. I drive over the road. Pick the load,secure the shipment and delivery on time on a safety manner.
Pros
good manangement
Cons
the salary is too low
Prime Inc. is a very enjoyable place to work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 15, 2013
A typical work day can start at all hours of the day or night and can last up to 14 hours or more in a day. Long driving hours to long waiting for the trailers to get unloaded. Each day is different. I have learned how to use my time wisley, so the truck can be used to delever to another custemer.

My co-workers are very helpful and understanding. Thay know that I have a 22 year old son that rides with me that has a mental disabilty.Thay understand that I have choosen to raise him instead of placing him in a insatution. But with the long hours that this job requires and the many years that my son has been on the truck, his health is getting worse.

The most enjoyable about the job, is that every day was different. Learning about how and what each and every custermor worked. Meeting new people, and making new friends on a dayly bases.
Pros
learning new ways to do something, meeting new people every day
Cons
not having any time to work with my son the be able to keep him strong.
Good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 29, 2016
Enjoyed working there. Nice equipment. Good pay checks. Constantly being moved around so not much sitting. Overall very happy with prime
bad company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 21, 2016
I can find a single word to say that is kind about this company, its all about how much money the owner can make off the employees
Job was very boring, sitting in front of a computer looking at the same thing over and over
Log Auditor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 29, 2016
I did enjoy the people there, fun to work with and we would try to break up the boring of it all with practical jokes on each other.
Pros
Liked the people
Cons
Very boring job
they could careless about the drivers
otr driver (Former Employee) –  MOMay 20, 2013
Horrible company. Only came to prime to get my CDL. Once you're year is up, FIND A NEW COMPANY!

Hometime is rare...sure you get a day for each week out, up to 4 days. But you don't make enough money to take the time. Or when you do they'll try to force dispatch you in the middle of home time!

Was flat out told by dispatch, "the load is priority #1, I could careless if you get the miles for a load." Great company? Hardly. People who praise this company are blind.

Bad equipment. There "new" trucks always breaking down. Had my truck in the shop for days to a week over 7 times...in a 9 month period. No layover pay on weekends, and if you're close to home they won't let you go home for nothing. I had recommended this company at first to some buddies, now I'm stuck apologizing for that mistake.
Cons
everything!

2.6