PRIME INC

PRIME INC Employer Reviews

great wrk place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 3, 2014
was a very nice place to work for they are great to staff anf have great trucks
Nice equipment, plenty of miles
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 28, 2014
A great place to start your trucking career. Top pay, new equipment and plenty of miles. No problem making 50k your first year driving for them.
Driven by strick deadlines, sometimes timeframes given not realistic.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 27, 2014
Pros: the company did supply me with a brand new truck that handled very well.
Cons: the worst part of the job was being away from home for long periods of time.
This was an OTR semi truck driving job from coast to coast that required me to be away from home 2-3 weeks at a time. This was my first full time truck driving job and did learn a lot about the profession. However, it was very difficult being away from home for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was my 1-2 day break at home!!
Prime Inc Experience
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Current Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 23, 2014
Prime was a great start to my trucking experience. Their equipment is new and well-maintained. They have a good lease program. Truckers can choose between three divisions: box, flatbed, and tank.
VERY GREAT COMPANY TO WORK
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 18, 2014
Pros: new equipment, terminals, can reach your dispatcher yourselft in person
Cons: indep contract have to pay for everything
I really love that company, everything is great, less, if you are a independent contractor your truck payments will be a little high, but you'll gonna still making money, but is like everything you can save 1000+ every week because there's good weeks and bad weeks, if you are having good weeks can save money but if you have a bad week you'll be negative – more... on your truck payments, I mean you are not gonna make enough money to have all your week payments covered and you'll be negative that week and the next week you have to pay the money you own last week + the week payments you are working on, , but if you want to be a company driver I highlight recommend it, you will love it..... – less
Good place to start OTR carrier
OTR Freight Driver (Refrigerated) (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good training program
Cons: live out of home
For those who don't mind to come home for any reason and have a job, this is a good place to work.
Small Business Owner
Small Business Owner (Former Employee), Springfield, MOOctober 5, 2014
High paced business. Daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly bookkeeping.
typical trucking company
driver (Former Employee), dallas txSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: paid often
Cons: not paid enough
dispatchers will throw you UNDER the bus to get what THEY want from YOU.work you day and night for the least amont of money possible.FLAT OUT LIE TO YOU! and blame everything on YOU later.WATCH OUT ALL TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE THE SAME
Challenging, yet does not provide time off and holiday time off.
HOUSEKEEPING/GUEST SERVICES (Current Employee), Pittston, PASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, deli/cafe for food, company store, good benefits, on sight salon, wage compensation if fair
Cons: little or no management support, limited help, limited time off especially holidays, current is not qualified for the job
Typical day is a 6 am start with bunk room and showers duty. This specific job hours are 42 hours in three and one half days, three days of 12 hour shifts and one half day of six hours. The is extremely demanding physically and mentally, often on the 12 hour shift day showers done can range from 35 to 50 showers. The other duties include the maintenance – more... of four restrooms, laundry room, stair wells, lounge areas, elevator and hall hallways.
I have learned just how far i can push my self physically and mentally.
Management is not very good at this facility, often ignoring the needs of specific departments through out the facility. The main head quarters are based out of Springfield Missouri which often has little to no idea what is happening at this specific facility. The current facility manager not have the proper management schooling and or experience as such.
Co-workers are great people, hard working family folks.
The hardest part of the job is there is to much work for person on each shift rotation and not enough help. Problem solving in this job can be challenging with little or no supervisor support.
The folks you work with are the best part of this job, although you are isolated most or all parts of the shift rotation which can make a 12 hour shift difficult. – less
its an ok company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 29, 2014
Pros: the terminaol has everything you need
Cons: dont get to go home really
my time there wasn't long but I didn't like the forced dispatch and my trainer and I didn't get along and they would not give me another one...the company its self take good care of there drivers and there termminals are awesome at least the one in springfield,mo is
Family Orientated
Truck driver (Current Employee), Springfield MOAugust 15, 2014
Pros: business
Cons: home time suffers
As Lease operator I had opportunity to make great money, and run across the country. Trained one driver. and Built Friendships. I have the option of returning If I don't find something soon.
relax
Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 14, 2014
Its fun to relax at the headquarters in Springfield, MO. You have to be willing to run across country.
Good Place to start but not informed enough about how job works.
CDL Owner Operator (Current Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 4, 2014
Prime is a good place to work. They get you started but don't enclose the fine print about the company and job itself.
Student Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2014
Pros: decent pay for an entry level driver
Cons: no work/life balance; management needs to realize that without all of those drivers, they have no job to come to everyday
A good place to earn your class A CDL. Management acts like everybody that comes to the program needs that job and walk around like they do not care about the people that are coming through that program.

1 day off for every week out on the road (max of 4 days off per month)

Trainer was pretty good but was very critical of any and everybody not doing – more... his way of things. – less
Not A Bad Choice
CDL Class A Driver of Flatbed (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 14, 2014
Not an overall bad company, just a big penny pincher. costs a good bit to get started. decent dispatch.
Great company who loved to see you succeed.
Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 4, 2014
Pros: you can really land a concrete career with this company.
Cons: home time back when i worked for them was a lil unpredictable.
this was an alright company to drive for. they want you to learn how to manage being an owner/lease operator, if you desire to make tons of money they won't hold you back, I didn't mind working for this company. But i needed to be home more i was married and raising a young family it got pretty challenging.
great company to work for
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), springfield, moJune 17, 2014
Pros: great home time
enjoyed working for this company... had a family emergency. the only reason i left
Wish they would have allowed me to stay on the east
truck driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJune 15, 2014
Pros: excellent and would recommend
Rob Lowe is a sensational employer, however, my time needed to be closer to home
great work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 13, 2014
It was my first truck driving job and i great time i was a rookie so they were patient with me
good start
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 12, 2014
Pros: on hands traning and job placement after traing
Cons: teacher and disrespectful and nasty and not enough home time
its a good to put your foot in the trucking door, you get on hands training and a place to stay.

1 2 3 4 5