Prime Inc Employee Reviews

Good Compnay
Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 21, 2017
Good company to work for. Not much family/home time. They provide training to help get you started on driving, if it is something you are new to. Good pay.
Great place to get hands on experience on running a trucking company.
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJune 21, 2017
This was a great experience because it gave me over the road experience as well experience in operating as a one truck trucking company. maintain a budget for maintenance and fuel was challenging and very beneficial.
Good company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65803June 17, 2017
Prime is a good starting company everyone that works there is good at what they do. drivers have an open door and talk to the heads of the company and let them know of any issues with shippers and recivers.
Pros
pay
Cons
home time
they did take care of me very well
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJune 13, 2017
There was nothing wrong with this company. The only reason I left the pay was not to great. But they did take very well care of you in any other aspects.
Pros
great dispatcher, great team to work with
Cons
not enough pay some weeks
Good Company to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 13, 2017
I got my CDL A through Prime. Its a good company to work for and can make good money as a company driver.
Mark Goddard was my fleet manager before I was moved to Walmart dedicated account.
He was very responsive to my needs.
Buying the truck for the company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 13, 2017
They label it as you are an owner operator but you don't get to make the choices in your truck that you should be able to. You are basically driving to pay for a truck for this company
Good job security
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 7, 2017
48 state OTR company and Canada Tanker, Refrigerated and Flatbed driving jobs. Dispatch and managment will do what they can to help with issues but doesnt always come through. Being out for three weeks or more before a day is the hardest part of the job, but overall, its a good place to find consistant work.
Pros
Good Miles
Cons
Not great on home time.
Good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 7, 2017
Great company to work for if you don't mind being out for months at a time. They'll definitely keep you busy but you'll never be home much so be prepared to miss out on a lot
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Home time
Fun place to start and learn
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 7, 2017
good company has a lot to offer and can teach you. some days are good others bad. Learned to back up trailer and change and do pretrip on semi. bad Management are the bad days
It's a good job it pays well and the dispatchers are nice
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJune 6, 2017
They will help you obtain your class a CDL and will pay you while you do it they have nice insurance all of my dispatchers were very nice and professional
Pros
Not a hard job
Cons
Health Care is expensive
Great company
Student driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 2, 2017
Very professional company. Thorough training program with a lot of hands on vs. other companies whose focus is more on classroom time. I believe Prime graduates better drivers for this reason.
Good/competitive
OTR Semi Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 2, 2017
Good company. Great staff. CEO knows who you are. Your not just an other employee. Competitive pay. Easy to work for. Well maintained equipment. Great safety department
Great experience!
driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 30, 2017
First time driving over the road and the experience will remain with me the reset of my life. People were great and seeing the country was most rewarding.
very nice facility
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 23, 2017
I really enjoyed the team in springfield ,MO they provided me with the support that I needed to be successful on the road hardly any down time they also kept me loaded up with freight.
Money was good
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 22, 2017
Good intro to trucking, made good money, cool trainers stayed busy would recommend to anyone. Definitely a positive experience. The paid training was a plus.
Good place for someone who want to do simple repairs only
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Decatur, INMay 21, 2017
It was alright, long shifts. The boss was terrible. Only performed simple repairs, although I got to replace an EGR cooler once, a pleasant surprise. Supposed to work 4 12s, 4 off, but I ended up with 5 12s, 2 off.
CDL Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 12, 2017
Working as a CDL driver at Prime Inc was a great experience. Though it is a hazardous position as the risk for an automobile collision is constantly present.
Lease a truck for beginners
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 10, 2017
Prime Leaseing will teach the beginners how to run a Truck and a Trucking Co. Be warned you can find better benefits elsewhere. Prime will teach you how to be successful, but they will not help you to succeed on a continuous basis (year after year.)
Pros
Good for Beginners
Cons
Management does not fully disclose viable information
Great Place to Learn!
Commercial Driver, Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 9, 2017
From trainee to seat B deiver to Class A Driver...it's what you make of it. Pros: paid travel expenses to training, weekly allowance during training, room /Board. Nice facilities. Walk away lease. Cons: as lease operator, no pay raise, they determine your pay, take % of fuel surcharge and detention pay. Walk away lease, can potentially leave alot on THEIR table.

Like any other place it's what you make of it. Can learn alot about running your business.
driver at prime
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 8, 2017
The #1 company to work for in regards to getting your cdl or if you have no home life. That is not a knock to prime but OTR trucking. This is the best paying entry level cdl program there is.
Pros
money
Cons
hometime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7