Prime Inc Employee Reviews

Truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 21, 2017
delivering food products around the country. Driving 18 wheeler around the US. I missed family and friends and it did not worth it for me. They
Great company
Contracted Lease Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 19, 2017
If I ever go back OTR it will be with prime as a lease opp. Great company, great dispatchers, great paying loads (not sure about company drivers tho) all in all a great company. Only reason I left was to be home with my family more.
Pros
everything
Cons
long periods out
Great first company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 18, 2017
Top notch training and they will keep you moving. Getting home can be an issue depending on your dispatcher and where you live. You can definitely get as much as you're willing to put into it once your dispatcher trusts you though.
Stressful
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 14, 2017
Your driving a Semi-Truck so its very stressful. Your gone from home 2-3 weeks at a time. Not alot of communication from your dispatchers. Very little oppturnity for advancement
Pros
lots of traveling, set your own pace
Cons
lots of crazy drivers
gave you hands on experience,nice environment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 13, 2017
learned a lot, Driving ten speeds, backing & parking, pre-trip, filling out dock paper work,open road , good trainer, didn't like being away from home
Pros
three meals a day
Cons
pay wasn't as promised
Good company for OTR trucking and training.
Driver/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MO. Pittston,PAJanuary 8, 2017
Good place to start out but you have to stay on the road to make money. The trailing program is good. Gray place to start out at and work for. My experience was good.
horrible work and home balance and unfair payout,
Professional Driver CDL (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2017
I only worked with this company to obtain my CDL and tried to make it work. I was a lease operator and got paid a percentage of each load. But the loads they were giving me didn't add up to a fair payout after my fuel and lease costs came out of the gross wage every week.
only taking home maybe $600 and that's before paying taxes and paying for health benefits. i was gone three months before i was able to come home and still I was unable to save any money. wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Otr
Co-Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 5, 2017
Extreme over the road time with little time at home when you did get scheduled time off. Always told no east coast runs but always had one to three when trying to get home
Good Starter Company. Excellent Safe equipment
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJanuary 4, 2017
Prime was a good company overall to start with. I was a lease operator OTR. Great new equip and company took care of you. Success was in order depending on how disciplined you are, running your truck and relationship with Fleet Manager. Overall it is a good starter company. You can either go company or lease operator. Only reason why I left, was that I was tired OTR. Wanted to be local and home every night. The company get you the home time you needed for the most part.
Basically drop and hook loads, nationwide.
Pros
Great new equipment. Safety first standards
Cons
Have to be disciplined to run a successful operation. Can't come home much on a lease note.
there training program was a joke
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 3, 2017
no miles no money it was the worst year of my life there insurance was extremely high they try to trap you into there lease program there training program was a joke
Pros
good equipment
Cons
no miles
Learning Experience
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 1, 2017
The trainer was really useful in teaching me the skills i needed to know to use in freight transporting and balancing work life and personal life.
Excellent workplace
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 29, 2016
I only have good thoughts and memories of Prime, I actually wish I would have found a way to stay with them alot longer. They have great owners, management and dispatchers which will individually work with you to make your time there both safe and profitable with reasonably ways to get you home back to your family
Pros
great company all around
Cons
It can get lonely over the road but thats a personal problem not a company one
Great FM in tanker
Over the Road Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 26, 2016
trained over the road adding to income. But with circumstances beyond my control, fell prey to a roll over accident and was
terminated. trainee was not up to speed on driving technique and required more time on training pad. Bad judgement on prime for sending him out and my misfortune in receiving him.
Pros
great money
Cons
lost job
Great Work Environment
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 24, 2016
Highly recommended, professional staff, and over-all great place to work. Love the opportunities that Prime offers their employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Away from home more than I want to be.
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 22, 2016
Family work enviroment and a great place to work. The truck are top of the art and very safe for the drivers. Love this job.
Get your training and get out asap
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 21, 2016
Came to the company through the training program, as a woman I had to fight to stay, did everything I was supposed to do, got my CDL my only fault is I stayed too long with my trainer. They kept trying to force me on my own truck, but I wasn't willing to make ridiculous weekly payments when they basically make sure you run just enough to pay them for the truck.

Your home time requests, you can forget it. I stayed out 2months at a time and when I decided to go home for just 3days I went through a bunch of mess just to get that little time with family.

And let me just say that dispatch works together so if 1 has a problem with you, they all do and will make you sit for days just to show you that they can control what you make.

So let me be clear, just because you are a lease driver doesn't mean a thing, they treat you like a company driver and will mess with your money and loads if you stand up for yourself or turn down a load.

The best thing to do with this company is get in, get your CDL, complete your agreed upon 1year but only as a company driver and get out, because if you are not a favorite of the dispatch department then you won't make money. Basically if you are willing to kiss their butts and be there running person and do multiple favors for them at a financial loss to you, then you are in, but say no and decline any of the multiple favors that your dispatcher asks of you, then you are financially done.

Again, in a lease they will make sure that you can make that weekly lease payment, and if you are lucky, you will have a little change left to eat until
  more... they stick it to you again the next week.

Also the money they put up front in training, you will pay back weekly once you are done until all meals are paid back.
Pros
Great training program on site- In the field training just depends on who you are assigned to.
Cons
Petty dispatchers, (not all-but most), never really had a problem with the overnight dispatchers, they were always the best to deal with.- Low Pay Loads- Difficult to get home time when requested, always 2-3 days later than scheduled.
Great company, friendly staff
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Springfield moDecember 21, 2016
Awesome training program, pay once hired on is dependent upon who you know and what dispatcher you get. Trying program is awesome you learn so much.
Pros
Learned a great deal, made lots of friends
Cons
Dispatcher sucked, crapyy loads, poor pay
Great Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 19, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with Prime. Everything that I was told about the company was true. If they had or have a local position I would be willing to join the company again.
Good place to work if you are willing to work hard
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 17, 2016
Good place to work if you are single with no obligations. Your life becomes all about prime they would like you to stay out 3 or 4 months ideally in a perfect world for them.
Pros
Travel sight seems
Cons
Away from home
Keeps you under loads instead of waiting
Team driver (Former Employee) –  OTRDecember 6, 2016
Worked as a team driver. We both went through the PSD program, and it is what you make of it. If you're quiet and don't ask questions, you'll learn the basics. If you truly want to get into the profession, ask for tips and pointers and tons of questions. Time management is very important if you're a solo driver, so make sure you understand how to keep time on your clock, so you can stay loaded. As a team driver it's one less thing you need to focus on.
It is a lifestyle, home is your truck. That being said, we never have a problem getting where we wanted to be when we want to get there. But we were always ready to get back on our routine and back on the road within a couple of days.
My advice, if you're not familiar with the industry, drive as a company driver until you're comfortable and confident that this is the profession for you. Then look at the lease option. This isn't for everyone, but it is for the some.
I had to leave for family reasons, and hate having a 9-5 cubical job. I miss it and the road. I'll be back just as soon as I can, it's in my blood!
Btw, if you're a female, like myself, they are very supportive of you, and love their "diamonds" Made some great friends!
Pros
Steady freight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6